youtube.com/watch?v=O_bbALTxXpg
youtube.com/watch?v=kc8pse0w9nk
youtube.com/watch?v=QPJUQg_U5HY
youtube.com/watch?v=AGDY4r951Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=aY-CEFD8X1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6mwkyH1aUU
youtube.com/watch?v=6mwkyH1aUU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We always told you it was great. There's something in that game that From Software couldn't capture again in Dark Souls and its sequels. We're fortunate to have Demon's Souls.

You were baited, moron.

DeS is still the best Souls game.

>tfw no ps3 to play Demon Souls

BB > DeS > DaS > DaS 3 > DaS 2

the consoles go for literal 150 bucks brand new in stores nowadays. You could prolly find a helluva good used bundle for less than that too.

Fuck off with this casual console trash, shill.

you can get a used one for like 70€, well worth it imo

>no remaster for PS4 Pro with last archstone

JUST

People who never played the game will tell you it's bad.

Really think it's worth it?

What other games are there that are worth playing in 2016 aside from:
Uncharted 1, 2 & 3
Resistance
???

the entire fucking Metal Gear Solid -series, via the superb MGS Legacy Collection.

Then there's Catherine, End Of Eternity, Okami HD, other PS2-era HD remasters, PS1 and 2 classics in PSN Store, tons of nice multiplats, and even Persona 5 is coming to PS3.

>Uncharted
>in any way worth it
kek

Nice I might get it then.

Can you list some of those ps2 remasters? Does it have Ico and SotC? Always wanted to play those.

>Can you list some of those ps2 remasters?
Okami HD
Jak & Daxter HD
Ratchet & Clank HD
Zone Of Enders HD
Resident Evil Remake + Zero HD
Re4 Ultimate HD

...and yes, Ico + SotC HD come in a single package too.

The only HD Collection you really, really should avoid at all costs is the terrible Silent Hill HD Collection.

The Yakuza series.

look on local online markets, i got a ps3 slim with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Warriors: Legend of Try and PES13 for 40€.

then a used Demon Souls for 15€ and i was good to go

>wanting remasters

has someone bought the ps3 humble bundle?

didnt get it because i had no ps back then. just want Okami HD or Mega Man 9&10

DeS is the worst by far.

Ds1=BB > DeS > Ds2 > Ds3

im objectively right, no amount of stamping your feet will change facts

Most of the JRPGs that came out on PS3 are worth playing. There's some trash but it's pretty well documented at this point.

DeS=BB>DaS1>DaS3>DaS2
We've already agreed that this is objectively true.

1 and 2 are worth buying, but 3 did away with the tweaks/cheats so it's shit.

Nice objectionably shit taste

Change DeS=BB to DeS>BB and you got a correct list

>Bloodborne
>tied for first

uhhh no.

>DaS3 is better than shit meme

ds3 is a useless game user

its everything a das game shouldnt be

anti twink measures alone put it in ultra casual tier.

PCuck detected

>Nice objectionably shit taste
>"im mad cause i bought das3 with season pass and im still in the buyers remorse phase but defending it online cause i wanted it to be good so bad"

I didn't buy DaS3 at all, but great presumption regardless. Got anymore while you're at it?

First time I agree with someone on Cred Forums, I can die in peace now

>presumption

Its slow but ps3 emulator seems to be moving along, so even if you never buy it you will be able to emulate it one day at least.

You can stop posting now, thanks.

yeah i already proved im objectively correct

see

I can leave the thread knowing im objectively right and you are irrelevant

Whatever lets you sleep at night user. Here I'll even let you get the last word, so you feel like you've won.

Go on, take your much needed victory.

who told you it was bad?

yeah some mechanics were broken for online play LMAO2KAT

but the single player experience is godly

fuck yurt

DeS>Ds1>BB=Ds3>Ds2

it's okay. dont see why people think it's better than das1 tho
>le second half
3/4(not counting kiln of the first flame) of the second half was as good or better than most of DeS' levels.

>shit bosses who most all weak to fire and some with dumb gimmicks
>broken magic
>broken item system where you can carry 100 healing grass
>lack luster qaulity weapon and armor
>enemy AI is dumb as fuck and hit so slow
>an unfinished archestone
>worst OST in the whole series

Literally the worst game or 2nd worst if you hate Ds2

I live in Brazil

Going to start Demons Souls. What is the level order I should play in, or just do all levels in order?

literally just started playing okami for the first time. it's comfy as fuck

sounds better than ds3

DS1 = DeS > DS3 > Ds2
Haven't played bb yet.

mfw I bullied the shit out of the people I invaded by breaking all their equipment, pushing them into a corner and soul sucking a few levels out of them, and poisoned them to death while they ran around trying to avoid me

all while I was Streaming it with benny hill in the background

I wish I could bully this hard again

Whichever order you feel like doing them in. That's one of the things about Demon's Souls, you have access to them and can leave and come back at any point you want. If you're having too much trouble in one area or feel like a change, you can go to another.

DS3 > Ds2
this meme

(You)

>great bosses that have unique fight mechanics for example the boss where you gotta fight versus a player
>fun magic that doesn't try to be balanced but fun instead
>resource management, can't spam healing items all the time because they don't recharge unless going back to the Nexus
>fun, realistic weapons, plenty of moves for each weapon
>enemy AI smart as fuck and plans their attacks before dying to the PC like a retard
>great worldbuilding,destroyed archstone for extra lore
>best OST in the series, would literally sit in the Nexus listening to the music and looking at the maiden while she's waving her legs around

As a PCfag myself, I recently got a PS3 and it was the best vidya-related purchase of my life. That generation has console exclusive out the ass.

I even enjoyed the gimped version of Bayonetta.

Stay far away from the PS3 exclusives like Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, Infamous, etc. They all fucking suck. You can easily buy them for $5 each so if you feel like wasting money then go ahead, but honestly Gears of War 3 & even Ass Effect 3's mp are both much better than Sony's storyfag Uncharted bullshit.

I never tried Resistance but I did used to play Killzone which was meh. Halo may be overrated but it was sure way better than Killzone.

Yakuza & the PS3 rpgs like Nino Kuni, Demon's Souls & Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 are really the only other exclusives worth it.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 is worth a look. The first NG actually plays like a faster, more reflex based Demon's Souls once you get to TaiRon city. So what if it's an inferior version of NG Black? An inferior NG1 game is still better than most of the PS3 library. It's certainly better than that boring ass Uncharted & God of War bullshit.

Resident Evil 4 HD is damn good. I don't give a shit what the Cred Forums hipsters claim, RE4 is still one of the best action games of all time. It's almost as good as Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden 1. Itagaki & Mikami have the same thing in common, neither of them were ever able to replicate the same game balance, challenge & replay value that RE4/NG1 had.

Catherine & Resonance of Fate are also on Xbox 3shitty.

DMC collection

inFamous is good though.

The first one deals with time-travel, societal class, might makes right, conspiracy theories and such.

Resistance is good, game-play is fun and story is interesting, it's about how the Chimera aliens existed before the dinosaurs and were actually maybe the first inhabitants of Earth.
Resistance 3 destroys all story though.

Infamous is better written than Yakuza games on PS3 though and has fun gameplay.

Remasters are okay when it comes to actual unfinished games that can be improved and rereleased at a cheaper price than the original. If it's shit like Skyrim and Bioshock then that's plain unnacceptable.

>porting a game to a new system and upping the resolution/framerate is UNACCEPTABLE

You people are so autistic sometimes.

Truly, it's a product which you can or can not buy, but somehow its mere existence triggers Cred Forumsermin.

>remastering a game that's still commonplace
>acceptable
>ever

Yeah, it is.

It's not and never shall be.

>I should dictate the markets
You a commie, friend?

Reasons why Demon's Souls is better than the other games:

First and foremost, this. This is what makes this game fun to replay over the rest of the series.Being able to do things in any order is a huge factor in why I love Demon's Souls the most.

Dark Souls on the other hand is a little more constricted, as the game becomes linear right after you begin the stretch from Sen's to Princess's Chamber.

Vanilla Dark Souls 2 is terrible. You have to progress so far to get a Branch of Yore to open up the other paths. In Dark Souls 2:SOTFS, you can just buy a branch of yore from fucking Melentia (the merchant hag) and go wherever you want to go. Item placement for many things (like the Dull Ember) is also changed, so the game isn't hard for magic/faith builds anymore due to a lack of accessibility to gear.

Dark Souls 3's world is a fucking atrocity. It's literally a straight linear path. I love the game, but it's hella boring to replay through to make PvP builds.

Pretty much all of these reasons.

Can you hack a ps3 yet?

>great bosses that have unique fight mechanics for example the boss where you gotta fight versus a player
Come on, that's literally the only boss that's cool, the rest are shit especially dragon god.
>fun magic that doesn't try to be balanced but fun instead
So you like magic that's insanely broken and breaks the game? There's a difference between having fun and then something that becomes mundane and too easy.
>resource management, can't spam healing items all the time because they don't recharge unless going back to the Nexus
You literally can carry over 100 healing grass you dumb fuck and unlike other souls you can restore them by buying more without having to worry about enemy respawns.
>fun, realistic weapons, plenty of moves for each weapon
The only really good weapon is the northern regalia and DBS, rest are meh ass fuck and weapons in this game barely have any movesets.
>enemy AI smart as fuck and plans their attacks before dying to the PC like a retard
Yeah man when i was fighting flame lurker and he followed me in the rib cage and totally didn't trap himself and went around to fuck me up, so damn smart.
>great worldbuilding,destroyed archstone for extra lore
Fair enough the world building is top 2 but the unfinished arcstone is just literally cut/unfinished content
>best OST in the series
Kek not even, BB soundtrack wise is the best and has the best hub tracks, especially the one that changes after beating rom.

Maiden Astraea was cool.

Judging by lack of knowledge in bosses, you actually haven't played the game and are being contrarian.
Always the same with Cred Forums.

I'd rather have interconnected worlds like Das1 than boring
>pick your own level and teleport at the start

Like Des.

It's more fun to explore in Das1 than in des since with das1 you don't know how much areas you gotta beat right off the bat.

ds1>des>bb>ds3=ds2

bb > ds3 = ds1 > ds2 > des

>disagreeing with the OST
You're a literal pleb. You'd rather have epic skyrim chanting than an actual varied soundtrack?
>deS magic
>bad
Soulsucker alone is the greatest spell in the franchise, with a close second to acid cloud.
>the DeS bosses are shit
DeS was the most RPG like of the series, and the least actiony of the franchise, so I can see your perspective. But every boss was less mechanically hard, and more trial and error with mechanics, and thus every boss was varied and actually interesting their first time through.

>having taste this terrible

wew
e
w

Obvious b8 thread, vee never said DeS was bad, vee just likes DaS better because so many anons never got to play DeS because it's PS3 exclusive.

It's the best one tho

It's my favorite still.

Which is a shame, because the spinoffs have no business not being better.

>the only game that resembles the level design of DeS is Bloodborne
Bummer.

1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1

1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 4-2, 5-2

Then I would finish off anything but Boletarian Palace or Stonefang Tunnel in whatever order you wanted.

Then finish Stonefang, end with Boletarian.

The only correct answer.

>DeS has the worst souls ost

But it's the best

youtube.com/watch?v=O_bbALTxXpg
youtube.com/watch?v=kc8pse0w9nk
youtube.com/watch?v=QPJUQg_U5HY
youtube.com/watch?v=AGDY4r951Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=aY-CEFD8X1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6mwkyH1aUU

oops

youtube.com/watch?v=6mwkyH1aUU8

It's the PCucks trying to make it seem like DkS is the better game because it's on PC.

Part 1
>Judging by lack of knowledge in bosses

Okay fine.

Booeltaria area

slug buss
>weak to fire and just have to keep whacking to kill the small guys on it, boss has barely any movesets besides piercing and occasional
shoot

Tower Knight
>slow as fuck boss who moves slower than the slug boss before and is only intimidating because of sheer size, once you're next to him all he does is try to step/jump or swipe you which you can easily avoid because he's real SLOW

Penatrator
>70% of the time all he does is this heavy slow slice and then the other is this slow glowing pierce, brain dead boss with 2 moves

Allant
>supposed to be the final boss and half the time he's trying to do AOE attacks and give you huge windows to kill him and then will try to do these obvious charge sprint or jump attacks, the only reason this average tier boss is remembered is because of his gimmick of stealing your level when he does a glowing piece on you

Stonefag area

Spider shit
>this boss forces you in to a isolated tunnel so it can spam it's fire balls but once you get close you just shield it's phsycial attack and then it passes out for a bit so you can kill it, it wakes up breaths fire and then you do the same shit again, damn bruh such an engaging boss

Flamelurker
>dumb ass boss that traps itself in rip cages and even then only punches you or aoe attacks

Dragon god
>wow, all i have to do is go to the 2 archer machine and press a button and it will take the final boss of the areas HP to like 10% and then it's left defenseless for me to kill it off, goddamn this is the best dragon fight i ever had!

The tower had decent to 1 good boss so i'll leave that.

Part 2

Shrine of storms

Adjudicator
>wow another slow fatass boss who slowly tries to sweep you with it's axe, has a giant visible weakness on the belly and will fall over on itself if you hit and be left defenseless, damn bruh another "Great" boss

Old Hero
>literally a blind fuck that won't even see you even when you slice the shit out of it and back off for a bit he will continue walking the other direction hitting things there assuming you are there

Storm King
>this boss fight literally gives you a weapon so you can 1 shot all the minions in the sky and then when the boss comes you can just keep hitting him in the sky while dodging those SLOW missile attacks

Valley of defilement (weak to fire the area)

Leechmonger
>boss is prone as fuck to fire and only does crazy random hits which you could see coming since it does this charge thing before it and it may hit you but the damage is so minimal

Dirty Colossus
>wow another fat slow boss who's also weak to fire and only consists of very slow punches with it's right arm mainly and then tries spitting this black shit on you to get flies on to you, that's it

Maiden Astraea
>the only good thing about this fight is the lore, the chick isn't even the real boss and it's the vinlad fag who you can only really consider a boss and then all he does is slow heavy slams with his weapon, that's it, one fucking move.

Demon souls bosses overall suck ass

I got tired of farming healing plants and dropped the game on the king fight boss.

Beaten DS, DS2 and BB by the way.

>no flamelurker ost
>no maneaters ost
>no demon ending ost
cmon dood

Yes.

Oh you to finally add to this, if you use the broken miracles and magic spells you can literally destroy most of these bosses. Fire Storm itself can 1 or 2 shot the first two bosses in valley of defilement

can i install games illegaly

Yes, and you can play them too.

DeS > DaS3/DaS2 > DaS

dont own a PlayStationFourHunnit

>Every boss is easy once you learn his pattern

WOW STOP THE PRESSES

You never have to farm grass in the game though

The bosses are ridiculously easy, why even bother farming for grass?

HA HA HA HA HA

>i can't read

How are you defending bosses that have like only 2 moves or even fucking 1 with most of them being slow as shit and then a chunk being weak to the same thing?

I'm sorry the bosses in this game are braindead and boring as fuck to fight.

It was my first soul's game and I literally sucked at it.

First time I got stuck on the iron knight for DAYS and had to restart the game from 0 to change my build. Maybe now I would do a better job after playing 2 Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Switch 2 with 1 and thats accurate

Correct.

Bloodborne and arguably Dark Souls are better. DeS is still great though.

Because it's not.

Cred Forums only likes because they think the Souls series went too mainstream now it's too "casual".

Only hipsters like demon souls, there is a reason why it was never a success like the DS.

>mfw getting Demon's Souls in the mail tomorrow

I never cared for the souls series but let's see how it goes.

Demon's Souls was a huge success, and the reason Dark Souls was made.

Yes, now count how many people played DaS compared to DeS.

Demon souls is not even acknowledged

That's only because it went multiplatform and started going viral because of that. Quality hasn't anything to do with it, they are both masterpieces.

It's a very good game.
Remember that upgrading your weapon is always more important than levelling your character.

Quality post right there

Nigga it was considered a flop before hitting the west

>paying full price for the same exact game with no additional content except higher resolution

So basically it wasn't a success.

Since we're talking about PS3 games, is neptunia 1 any good? I've never played a neptunia game before.

So? We live in the west.

And? Sales were very good worldwide for a new IP. That's what matters.

It sold millions and got aknowledged as one of the best games on PS3 in a matter of months, and it was a new franchise back then.
If you don't consider this a success I don't know what it is.

And Remember that Dark Souls was made because of its success

DeS>BB>Nioh>Ds2>Ds1>Ds3

DeS is favorite for many (including me) because it was their first Souls experience which back then was groundbreaking. DaS was good, but didn't have such a big impact on me.
Also dat atmosphere and small details due to realtively small budget.
>you will never finish DeS for the first time ever again

No don't buy it

Why? I heard the series is fun and charming.

It's not a huge success, the west only stopped it from flopping like shit.

>it wasn't a huge success in a single country, therefore it wasn't a huge success at all

only dex kids will know what I mean by this

3-1 and 3-2 are still my favorite zones in the entire series. Nothing will ever compare to the dread getting lost in the prisons for the first time caused me Then the second part of the level opens up so much and feels so ridiculously vast and when I finally dropped the fleshy heart thing it felt like I had stumbled upon some crazy secret, not the way to the boss.

That said, I feel like my view of the game is somewhat biased by the fact that DeS was my first souls game and was before I knew anything about the series.

>It sold millions

Don't delude your self.

It didn't even break 2 million and yet you say millions.

>backstab that fucker for two hours straight
>suddendly realize that I was in neutral world tendency because I killed Satsuki's phantom
JUST

shit opinion desu considering Ds1 is a meme

why was the droprate so fucking low
even with the sword of searching and shit it still took forever

wew

Wait, what game is this? Nioh?

oh god more soulsshit

what really kills me is how incredibly easy it is to get a Pure Greystone, or even a bunch of colorless

>Reasons why Demon's Souls is better than the other games:
all reasons

the only right opinion about the soul series

>trying to downplay the fact that a game sold like shit in the country it was made in and had to beg publisher since sony said fuck it to get western release and then say it was a "huge success"

Huge success for console games is when it sells couple millions and sells greatly in the first couple weeks because truly only then is when sales matter to a company before all the cheap price cuts.

no is that samurai ps4 game

>final boss to finish the game is dumb mutant who can't even do shit to you

So yeah, who the fuck is that?

It's the point of it. Old One told Allant he will make him strong,
but in the end all is left of him is pitiful creature. Same will happen to us if we accept Old One's deal,

Problems with Demon's Souls:
World Tendancy was badly designed. Because you would adjust to the average of the online servers, it would often be literally impossible to obtain pure white tendency items even if you did everything perfectly
World Tendency server events lasted way too long and effectively locked you out of a lot of content
Online matchmaking wasn't very good. Even when the game was new, you didn't see many signs and didn't get invaded often and you're going to be fighting a shitty AI Old Monk most of the time.
Horrible drop rates on certain upgrade path ore, but plentiful ore for other paths.
Effectively infinite full health items. You're never going to run out of grass.
PvP was nothing but stunlocks with offhand katanas and 1 shot kills because everybody has infinite full health items
Bad armor balance. Everybody at mid-high level wears the same shit
Magic is too strong. Second Chance is almost gamebreaking
Major bug with the Demon's Catalyst that's heavily abused by players was never patched
Lag spikes in some areas (although not as bad as Dark Souls)

This, basically.

*talisman of the beast not Demon's Catalyst, my mistake

the bug btw is that you can cast spells with it even if you don't meet the stat requirements and it costs less mana than normal, and it bugs out Cursed Weapon to actually make the spell better than normal if you don't meet the stat requirements

>des as good as BB

Call me when des don't make it's bosses have extremely limited move sets

Is this a bait thread or something? Everything you just listed is questionable or a straight up lie.
DeS fan boys are truly the worst.