What's with the fucking movement speed in this game?

What's with the fucking movement speed in this game?
I can't move fast enough, every enemy moves faster than me, I can't dodge, I can't strafe, I can't bunny hop, I can't retreat when I need to.

So far the best tactic is to snipe from a distance, how is that DOOM? I will lose any close range encounter with pretty much any higher level enemy because I just can't react quickly enough and I can't maneuver the way that I want to.

The problem isn't the gameplay because every snapmap I play has increased movement speed which feels great and is so much more responsive.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/yrgfd3cmAbPW_gloryholekills.webm
my.mixtape.moe/lujrwi.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like there may be something wrong with yr brains.

Locked in behind a red door every time a monster spawns because there are no monsters on any of the maps.
Zombies are the only ones actually on the map, the rest are spawned in.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Different weapons have different movement speeds.

Super shotty is one of the fastest and best git gud

No, he is right, you're just stupid. If he is playing at the highest difficulty, the enemies' shots move faster than the player can dodge. Devs probably didn't want to balance this and that's why they implemented pinata spawns.

Op just needs to stop pussy footing around and rip 'n tear more.

>I will lose any close range encounter with pretty much any higher level enemy because I just can't react quickly enough and I can't maneuver the way that I want to.
What difficulty are you playing on?

I'm on Nightmare and I only started to actually die due to being swarmed in the Lazarus facility. The game's not hard in the slightest.

He's not right. This guy is absolutely incompetent.

>I can't bunny hop
>how is that DOOM
Since when Doom had jumping?

Never ever.

OP thinks he's Quake for some reason

It's a console shooter.
A modern, AAA one at that.
Designed for controllers, and to have an upgrade-tree gimmick you need to exploit to make it anywhere near enjoyable to play.

The game sucks ass. Ignore Beth-fuck shills.

Having trouble reading?

Doom wasn't really about rip 'n tear, the comic maybe, but not the game.

Chainsaw in nudoom is a retarded ammo feeding function and ruins the whole point of the chainsaw.

This game is not doom, it's an arena lock down monster spawning game with monsters generating too much health.
a.uguu.se/yrgfd3cmAbPW_gloryholekills.webm

Are you too dense to notice that the doors get locked every time a monster is spawned?

movement speed is alright but the momentum doesn't carry like old idtech games
feels like shit to play especially with the mantling and glory kills
since doom 3
>but le quake
the movement is fundamental to idtech and they ripped it out of wolfenstein and Doom
fuck these games

Your post was nonsense.

Nigga you snipe using Gauss Cannon on Siege Mode and Super Shotgun when close range.

Those two weapons are literally the only ones you need to beat the game.

Y'know, I thought these "dizzy" animations from the demons were gonna slow down gameplay like you show in this webm, but if you're playing in a high enough difficulty, these short pauses they do can save your life.

Later levels of the game throw a shitload of demons at you, and most of them rush your ass as soon as they see you. I have to gun'n'run while being pursued by Hellknights, Imps and Pinkies like in a fucking Benny Hill chase scene. They just don't stop.

You mean:
>As I shot at some of them and they stagger, I now have time to shoot at the others. Oh no, the ones that staggered now have more health again, better shot at them. Oh no, the other ones that I shot first that started staggering now also have more health again. Oh no, the other other ones that...

Rinse repeat.
Crowding monsters doesn't work in Door-lock-down-arena-shooter 2016 as it should.

they are health generating bullet sponges.

No, user. When I shoot a Demon and see them stagger, I finish them off. Preferably straferunning past them with the SSG for good measure before resuming the gunrunning.

Don't shoot to wound. Shoot to kill. Focus a target at a time.

What GPU do you have user? How did you manage to record gameplay?

No, taking them all down little by little is more fun and was a working thing in the real doom game. Crowding monsters by circling around them.

There was a mod that removed the staggering animation thus removing the whole retarded staggering+replenish health system but it's not working anymore so the game is broken again.

GTX970, Shadowplay

> I can't move fast enough, every enemy moves faster than me
Yes, this is so you can't just disengage whenever things get to hot

> I can't dodge, I can't strafe
You can do all those things unless you are bad.

>I can't bunny hop
So?

> I can't retreat when I need to.
This is not ez mode classic DOOM u baby.

>game spawns five knights
>they all run at me faster than I can get away from them
>get stuck in front of a door that just arbitrarily locked as I entered the room
>knights box me in and punch the shit out of me
>too slow to strafe, can't retreat, can't outmaneuver them because the console babbies can't handle high speed gameplay

>git gud xD

Doom guy outruns those. If you could run in a straight line they'll never hit you.

And yes, the door locking happens. This is an arena based shooter deal with it, you are not meant to S your way to victory all game long.

>too slow to strafe, can't retreat, can't outmaneuver them because the console babbies can't handle high speed gameplay

KEK. The sad part is that console "babbies" are better than you at the game while using the piece of crap controllers are.

And movement speed is not equal to high speed gameplay. Old DOOM was very deliberate compared to this one despite being able to fly through the maps

Then why do the snapmap levels with increased movement speed play so much better than the campaign?

>He doesn't circlestrafe around knights and jump when they smash the ground/blast them with the SSG to slow them down
Try fighting more than two Barons without a Chainsaw/BFG/Gaus gun.

>d44m isn't fast enough for me
>I can't bunnyhop
lmao, literally git gud
my.mixtape.moe/lujrwi.webm

get this

I finished DOOM and it was decent but I still prefer Doom 1 and 2 over this one. The game mightve been better if it was designed with only KB+M in mind and no controllers.

Now go out of that room while that ear raping shit trash music is going.

Has anyone managed to record gameplay with an AMD card yet?

sounds like you just described destiny desu

i'm not a fan of the upgrades and "lock you up in a room till you clear it" shit in new Doom.

Because you don't enjoy a good challenge?

ITT trolls and newfags

you're fucking shit at the game man, play on easier difficulties

Have you tried anything outside of running directly away or running directly towards them? Because this game becomes your bitch the second you step to the side.

So in other words you are bad?

Is this a joke? Nudoom is actually faster than the original Doom. You must be thinking of Quake.

>D44M introduces new Pinkies
>They're a "charge" enemy now
>Oh boy they're even dumber now
>They charge at me
>Step to the side
>They change their charge path and home on in me
>Oh shit
>Dodge to the side and gain distance on them, hide behind a pillar
>Hear them scream, they're charging at me
>Expect them to run into the pillar like dumbasses
>They fucking go around it, do a quick cartoon-style "sliding" break with their legs, pulling off a complete 90 degree turn keeping momentum and charge right at me
>mfw

I was pleasantly surprised. id did some amazing stuff with some enemies.