Bad games you enjoyed because you were young and had indiscriminate taste. Pic related...

Bad games you enjoyed because you were young and had indiscriminate taste. Pic related. Got it from a flea market and needed some kind of spring to put in the PlayStation to get it to work. Idk think it had something to with it being an import.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcGndttTxuk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJxtbQLLmg
youtube.com/watch?v=woN6Ugx2ifA
gamehacking.org/wiki/Gold_Finger_(Playstation)
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh7dN3nLBg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would have been better if I just had kept this locked in my nostalgia closet.

I saw a video of that game recently and I couldn't believe how awful it looked, I really liked it as a kid.

Yah my friends and I were dying for a DBZ gam, and this is what we found.

>tfw you had the superior jap version

youtube.com/watch?v=xcGndttTxuk

This game was always too expensive. Didn't find out how bad it was until I emulated it on my laptop.

Digimon World 4
I tried replaying it a few days ago and it's just unbelievable how bad the game is. I can't comprehend how I could endure it for long enough to finish it back in the day

Digimon World 1 is still awesome, though

Dark souls. I unironically thought it was a good game

loved that game, but my standards were extremely low coming from ultimate battle 22

Shrek 2 on PC. Played this thing on my dad's shitty laptop. Thought it was awesome at the time (I was 7) but now it looks like a horrendous mobile game

The intro was hype as fuck though.

>THIS fucking game
Thanks for reminding me, OP.

My memories are faint but I remember the AI doing some endless ""meteoid"" combo and I didn't know how do do it myself or how to defend against it.

Dunno about the PC version, but the Xbox version of Shrek 2 was a pretty decent game

This game is short as fuck. Played it twice but can't remember the ending or plot. Something about plague insects?

I expected Princess Mononoke: Pokemon version.

Racing Lagoon.

I would probably replay it desu.

The pc version is a 3d platformer with abysmal controls and graphics that look like a n64 game.

Pic related. I've always thought it was a great game for its realism.

>Jade cocoon
>Bad

The music is still good

finished it 100%

so how is it a bad game?

tfw your wife gets a bad end

Dad felt like fucking up the world

Star wars phantom menace on PC

Spent way too much setting off thermal detonators near npcs on tattooine

>The intro & the complete SS4 cheat code.

I regret nothing.

surprised it hasnt been posted yet

I regret replaying it

Because it was an awesome game?

>movement is shitty
>there's a character with a gun
>story is for simpletons
>blood looks like sparks lmao

>awesome

I was about 9 or 10 and we were at some Japanese import shop in downtown where I live. The guy had Final Bout on a shelf for sale, and I really wanted something to play over the weekend, so I asked him for that, since I was watching DBZ on Toonami at the time. I believe they were in that phase where they were repeating a section of the Namek saga before continuing. Anyway, he told me I needed something, I couldn't just play it like normal, so he dissuaded me from purchasing it. Like, the guy who looked about 40 lost a sale because he was looking out for the customer. Very interesting. Anyway, it always stuck out to me and now, I would think about it and figure he meant I needed a Japanese Playstation since it was an import. I think you just solved a mystery of my past that I always held on to for over 15 years. Can you elaborate on what kind of screw was needed?

it's shit

Also, I meant to add that I'm glad the guy kept from selling it to me. I would have been so fucking lost and never would have been surprised by anything that happens later in the show. I did get spoiled on Gotenks when I was looking at their Super Battle Collection figures, and always wondered who that weird looking guy was, but that was really about it.

>Was able to find a copy at BlockBuster
>Learn from my older brother that there's a Dragon Ball GT where all the characters are older
>Be fascinated by everyone who has aged and somehow this never made it to the States.

It was just fascinating to see something like this to me as a child.

th th that's black-kun!!!!!

Well, Goku didn't exactly experience aging..

I rented this game and ultimate battle 22 from blockbuster when I was young. I was so excited to get home and try it because DBZ was at the point where all we had was the frieza saga and it started over. Was hyped to see new characters. The games didn't work, I thought they were scratched up or something. They used the expensive resurfacing thing at blockbuster and it still didn't work. I was devastated.

I wonder why they wouldn't work, what is this spring thing you're talking about?

are you me?

its pretty fun game, the fun was in finding the secret paths,armor pieces,upgrades and secret bosses. maybe you just never liked the megaman x series

think I was 10 when this came out

in really enjoyed it

European version was pretty much japanese version translated.

It's not /that/ bad. But it gets kinda repetitive after awhile.

My Family Video had only one copy. It was a rarity if you could get it.

Was the american version really missing the music? I can't even imagine Final Bout without it.

Legaia 2 isnt THAT bad, its just not nearly as good as the first. On its own, its just a middle market JRPG and there's nothing wrong with that.

Fuck the final boss though.

Agreed

holy fuck this gaem when i was like 7, tried it with literally no idea how to do those kamehameha shit and I just either defend or hit/kick to win battle

Halo:combat evolved
Goldeneye 007

ar you me?

DELETE THIS

It's a spring that goes on a cone on the lid of the PS1. It keeps a button depressed so you can play the game.

Here's a video that shows how it works.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJxtbQLLmg

When I bought this game, it was confusing as fuck

DBZ was only on the Android Saga I think so when I played this I thought "Why is Kakarot wearing different outfits? Why is he a kid? Why isn't Vegeta in his armour? Who is this Baby and why is he a giant monkey? Is the giant monkey a Super Saiyan?" and so many other questions

Music was hype as fuck though but yeah, looking back on it - it's crusty as fuuuuuck

youtube.com/watch?v=woN6Ugx2ifA

Holy shit same here OP. Bought it for $70 at flea market, had to get the spring to prop open the disc tray, and a mod chip. Good times! Loved that game. Was the only kid on the block with it.

I remember playing the shit out of this.
Pretty mediocre game.

are you me? I though that game was THE DBZ game, even after playing SB2 and 3

also those fucking characters and those fucking cinematic moves

>Kakarot
>Not Goku

Out of my board, Vegeta

Anyone play this?
I vaguely remember inputting some code to unlock extra characters like SS3 Gogeta and Great Saiyaman

Replayed pic related no long ago.
Its fucking garbage.

megaman x6 is my favorite, it's awesome

it has tons of flaws though for sure

This one hurts. I remember being SO pumped for it and then it turned out to be fucking terrible.

lol i tried to justify to myself to like this because the graphics look nice and its from square and character design was by tetsuya nomura but in the end... no, Fighting Force was better

I thought Predator was the coolest thing ever. So why wouldn't a Predator video game be amazing?

I also liked AvP

All I can recall about this game was that me and my brother hated it, but we saw it all the time at the store.
Don't remember why it was bad, or how it looked, but we would sooner play Final Bout than that.

>Bad games you enjoyed because you were young and had indiscriminate taste.
Most JRPGs.

my dad's friend used to enter the code for this and unlock all the characters

it was pirated too back when you could easily sauter shit and online didnt exist

>Tak and the power of doodoo
I never understood why my little brothers liked that game.

>when you haven't reached puberty yet

The spring is meant to hold down the button inside the disc tray so you can swap out the disc without the console knowing you opened the disc tray

Did you get to the end?

If I remember right, the last missions made up for all the shit in the beginning.

>Fighting force

My nigga. My dad buyed this game along with Thrill Kill. Both of these game are probably in oblivion now

Nah, I made it to the prison where they take away all of your gadgets, and then force you to go through the hardest sections in one go. And then I quit.

The clerk was probably talking about this:
gamehacking.org/wiki/Gold_Finger_(Playstation)
I had the blue one, thought it was so cool playing this future DBZ

>had game magazine
>saw this in it
>was just getting into dragon ball z
>endless repeats of saiyan saga to goku landing on namek
>wanted more
>blockbuster actually had it
>but it was rented out every week by the same guy
>he just kept renewing it
i never played it

played it for like 5 mins when I was younger and gave up

Wew I don't even know Thrill Kill...

I never got to play final bout but I wanted it so bad back then. When Budokai 1 came out I thought it was the best shit just because I was so starved for a dragonball game. Think its still relevant to the thread but not to the extent of final bout.

I own the original 1997 American copy of this game. This shit actually came out in America before DBZ was on TV here.

NEVER

I remember playing this back in high school. it was the hypest shit ever when anyone pulled off a counter

Ah yes, the joy of battling a big ass yellow piss monkey who you could beat his ass.

Ya know, because Baby was literally so big, you would have to beat his ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh7dN3nLBg4

Man, I lost count on how many times my brothers played this. I always found the game too clunky though, even back when I was young. Still managed to provide some fun, alongside some other Dragon Ball Z pearls like that one Sega Saturn game called Legends. We were all DBZ nuts, but my oldest brother was the one who kept pestering mom about making photocopies of only God knows what. I can't remember now, I think they were stickers or cards.

100 percent. SA1 and 2 were a big part of my childhood. They came out in 1999 and 2002, so I was at that prime autistic age of 11-14 I'd grown up on Mario and Sonic games in the 90's and these new 3D games seemed so amazing at the time, but God if they didn't end up being awful in the end after playing them years later.

I played them on Dreamcast first, and later on gamecube when they came out on that, and I've tried to replay them at various times in my 20's and it's just utter dogshit. I still have big time nostlagia for the soundtracks and I love how colorful and pretty Dreamcast games were in general, but damn, SA1 and 2 were just not good games. After seeing how Sonic fans tend to be, I'm honestly really glad that was a phase I grew out of 10 or so years ago.

I want to dredge this up and share the suffering with my brother again.

I'm not sure X6 was ever "good." It was a passable working game at most, but the plot was rushed poorly put together mess with a hilarious english translation, and the stages had some of the most unforgiving and at sometimes, truly cheap stage design. Basic gameplay mechanics were alright tho. Also it had Drunk Sigma, that counts for something.

"Bwa ha ha! KID! I'LLSHOWYOUWHATATERRORISALLABOUT! DIE! ZERO! JUSTDIE! ZELLLLLLO!" -Sigma's finest moment

>tfw buildup mode
>tfw training to kill everyone in one punch

I'm surprised I could find so much enjoyment pressing the punch button for ten minutes straight.

Played this on a pirated cd who also had final bout and dbz legends.

That game looked like ass and played even worse. The only two neat things were triggering special matches by picking specific characters like picking cell and teen gohan would make gohan go ssj2 (with a censored version of the part where cell kills android 16 as a pre-match cutscene) and the character select music.

>Fanboyism is indiscriminate taste
Oh-hooo kay pallie.

I played the Bushido Blade 1 demo for HOURS as a kid. Never played the full game until I was much older.

It was funny for me since I played it shortly after it came out, when the dub on Toonami was still in it's Ocean phase, so they hadn't even fought captain Ginyu yet

I feel DBZ in general is entirely nostalgia tho. The show is really lacking in practically every department

Thrill Kill was canceled you lying faggot.

I used to play Tales games like Abyss and Legendia for dozens of hours but in retrospect those games were pretty bad and can get downright broken combat wise, at least the soundtracks are good.

Well, it was pretty much finished, so its possible his dad bought him a pirated cd with the game.

Yeah, looking back, it was only good because shit was hype as fuck, but only when something actually happened.

Same- popped this in last year and stopped after 10 minutes it's just terrible.

I was the same way user, also ended up picking this garbage up. I thought that edgy sword Sonic was so cool.

This. All my PS1 and PS2 games were pirated

Us little shitters would eat up anything Dragonball, wouldnt we?

> image

from left to right
top: vegeta, gohan, goku
middle: goku,yamucha,goku
bottom: goku,trunks, vegeta

I bought this game from a import shop at my local mall back in like 2001

It was fucking awful but god damn those intros were nice.

>edgy
This word has lost all meaning.

Rewatch DBZ Kai, it's a lot better paced and the updated animation, while sticking out like a sore thumb, is definitely an improvement over the worse studio episodes.
The only downside is that they reverted to the Jap OST, which isn't bad per se, but Faulconer had some GOAT tracks.

I really hated that I was suckered so hard.

When I was a kid, I didn't realize the difference between the Funi dub and the Ocean dub
And of course back then there was no youtube to rewatch - you had to record it on VHS
Though I seem to recall one Saturday when they marathoned the Saiyan Saga.....

Anyway, I didn't get to listen to the English voices after the show ended until Budokai 2 came out so I always assumed they were the voices I'd always heard.

When I found out about Ocean and re-watched some old clips I went "Oh yeah! Wait a minute........Fuck!"

Yeah that's a major issue with DBZ. There's a whole lot of nothing going on, the further the show went, the longer things took.

Top middle is Gotenks

Been many years since I made that image, but

top: Vegeta Gotenks Goku
middle AdultGohan Yamcha Goku
bottom AdultGohan Vegito Tien

Bottom middle is Trunks

Edgy like the edge of the sword

I've seen some of Kai already actually. It's pacing is definitely a bit better, but it still has a lot of typical DBZ issues. I'm not a fan of Faulconer anyway, but I wasn't a fan of the JP OST either. I think Kai's new OST is actually decent tho.

Pic is some screenshot I took about a decade ago of Vegeta's retarded good guy face, then I realized he happened to be staring at that chicken ad on my screen.

Is it really? Well fuck. I don't have the full pictures I cut those out from anymore. That was like a hundred years ago.

I miss Yamamoto score. Besides the plagiarism scandar.

Man I haven't had pizza hut in forever. Gonna order a medium pepperoni and like 10 wings one of these days.

Thanks for reminding me.

>Got it from a flea market and needed some kind of spring to put in the PlayStation to get it to work.

Kek. My cousin who has this game would put a bent straw between the closed disc tray to get this to work.

It wasn't that bad of a game, for a PS1 fighter.

29 and 27 are the only bad ones

i dont see a problem

tell me what is the longest running cartoon in the west that isnt simpsons?

I still have this game, but I haven't played it since the early PS2 days. I remember thinking it was pretty cool how that character code would change the title screen to say Ultimate Battle 27 after you entered it. Also playing as Mr. Satan and beating my friend who was using SS3 Gogeta was pretty funny. I don't really remember anything else about it though.

>Dragon Ball GT Final Bout predicted Goku Black

Woah.

>Ebisawa

Maeda is master race though.

i don't remember much of this game
i remeber pulling off a genkidama at some point against cell

>that retro Firefox
>Daemons Tools toolbar
>chat room
>Free Hotmail link
>Justin.tv

Nostalgia

Moar liek
>Toriyama looking back through his treasure trove of gifted DBZ memorabilia to reminisce.
>sees a PS1 game he never actually played because "it's not my canon."
>stares longingly into the eyes of GT Goku.
>"Why didn't I ever make an evil Goku?"

DRAGON BALL SUPER

i miss the old youtube
that player was goat

triggered

I will always prefer the star system over the shitty like/dislike bar

What? I remember playing the jap version at my local arcade and GT was already a big thing.

Hell, its not even the first time they make an evil goku.

Fuck you. this game is great.

Yeah I realised that too but never looked into it. Some of the things uchiyama and ebisawa drew were just shameful and lazy.

Maeda confirmed best dude

I like Maeda but it had to be hard to keep that consistency without seasons being only 13 episodes long

Used to like a lot this game. Replayed years later for the nostalgia, it was awful

Got it as a Christmas present, played the shit out of it. Went back and played it again a few months ago. So damn boring.

Man did I love the hell out of this game when I was younger. Oh how blind little me was

its a shame that we only have yamamuro these days
his modern art is dogshit