Finding no commentary youtube gameplay is getting harder and harder every year

Finding no commentary youtube gameplay is getting harder and harder every year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eb_ySuzUYkY
youtube.com/watch?v=M-puEQWzHNA
youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qHSgXuPWHpM
youtube.com/channel/UC8TxbX2fr7seHMdJhdJLkdA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y25nnyuRa_0
youtube.com/watch?v=gDzLIUou8VM
youtube.com/watch?v=_m238YKac0k
youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M
youtube.com/watch?v=oepl6lL6kK0
youtube.com/watch?v=bSyxKFzXedA
youtube.com/watch?v=2WPCLda_erI
youtu.be/IXOy_RUzq5A
youtube.com/watch?v=ZI29xEnfTzI
youtube.com/watch?v=WjGD7IzDN8E
youtube.com/channel/UCDFyemxxLGB3KtCZNhViV2A
youtube.com/watch?v=O_2CmHPVP90
youtube.com/watch?v=03HbicqjnHw
youtube.com/watch?v=N_6dWXqRhmo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just mute the video dumb fuck

>nvm I'll find it on my own

Good, you SHOULD be finding it yourself.

I'm getting fucking fed up with it. I want to hear the game's music/sound effects, not some dicksucker talking in the mic.

Nobody cares who you are, shut the fuck up and show us the fucking game.

I know that feel bro

It takes ages with an idiot saying some useless shit. It's america's fault, really. Bunch of retards.

Yeah I just gotta wade through 50 videos to get to one without some mouthbreathing retard commentating.

>I'm getting fucking fed up with it. I want to hear the game's music/sound effects, not some dicksucker talking in the mic.
then buy the fucking game you goddammed triggered cuck

I'm having a hard time finding glitch showcases/speedruns with real commentary. glitch showcases are usually dead silent and often require you to know about previous glitches. I don't wanna read two paragraphs to enjoy a 15 second clip. And speedruns usually have shitty twitch commentary.

I just want informative commentary.

I know that feel
But those videos are popular with normies.
I guess this is just proof of our autism.

There used to be a difference between a walkthrough and a playthrough.

I'm not gonna buy a fucking game I don't want just to see something specific from it I have fleeting interest in seeing, like a bossfight or an interesting easter egg

You goddamn shiteating mongrel. Fuck off.

>video game name playthrough/lets play no commentary

never had a problem when searching for that but then again i dont play indie jap games from 1930

WhaAaAaAAaaaAAAt IIIZZZZ UUUPPP youtooob?

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT'S UP PEOPLE IT'S YA BOI~!

Just use wikis.
Now gameplay to judge if something is worth paying for, thats rare.

>Trying to do some shitty ass puzzle
>Only one Let's Play has got that far into the game to give me a clue
>He spends the whole video stuck on this same puzzle
>watched 3 parts later and he's STILL stuck
>Part 4 is suddenly at a different place
>"I worked it out while not recording, guys. So HERE WE GO"
Fuck.

>started a no commentary playthough of a game
>"Where's the commentary? This is boring as fuck to watch."

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYO GUYS AND DUDETTES IT'S YO BOY SHITSMELLA_44 HERE WITH ANOTHER AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING VIDEO

Oh, here's a novel idea... check out a written game guide.

Wooooooooooooow that was hard.

>"Where's the commentary? This is boring as fuck to watch."
>"Try looking up the crevices of your ass."

>using YouTube videos to figure something out
>ever

Fuck me I'm sick of lets plays. I shouldnt have to type in "No Commentary" to find a fucking game video. It should be a given that there is no talking over the top.

Out of all of them to accidentally stumble across though this guy is the fucking worse. You need a fucking trigger warning for this shit lest your blood pressure increase tenfold.

youtube.com/watch?v=eb_ySuzUYkY

>I shouldnt have to type in "No Commentary" to find a fucking game video

Why?

HEY WHATS UP FUCKBOYS ITS YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR, GAME GURU HERE TELLING YOU WHILE YOURE READING THAT READING IS FOR FAGGOTS, CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL youtube.co/faggotman

You'd think the number of "full time" LP channels would drop off considering Youtube makes it harder and harder for small channels to make a profit every day.

I don't totally understand the way the ad revenue model works, but it basically forces smaller channels to upload ridiculous numbers of videos daily because revenue is based on flat views or something? Like, it's far better to chop things up into three ten minute parts than to upload one 30 minute video?

It depends. Some game channels are in a network like Maker studios or machinma. I think that's what keeps some channels alive.

Search longplays. You're welcome.

>I shouldnt have to type in "No Commentary" to find a fucking game video
Even "No Commentary" searching is starting to give me "WITH commentary" videos now. Fuck this world.

Hell, even words like "Walkthrough" are being used by commentator scum now.

People will chase their dreams by living off savings/family (mostly family) for years before they're finally forced to get an actual job.

Brand deals and partnerships. You're not going to make it if you just rely on ad revenue alone. You're basically required to sign with a network (e.g. Maker, Polaris, Machinima) and do brand deals/sponsorship (e.g. Lootcrate, Crunchyroll, Audible) if you want to for whatever reason make Youtube your full-time job.

>like Let's Plays
>hate Let's Players

Its so frustrating when they do nothing but move the mouse in circles or character in circles because they are talking some pointless or unrelated shit
Thats why I don't even bother anymore

>Just mute the video
>5 minutes straight it's just the "channel" logo on screen
>duration: 6 min

>bbbbbut its hard to play and commentating at the same time

t. Diarrhea of the mouth

Might just make a YT called no-talk just for this shit.

Then use the subtitles section to write out what I was potentially saying at the time.

lmao @ eurocucks jerboas of American spirit

use the right keywords
longplays, etc

Optional commentary. I like it.

Go watch Longplays. Let's plays have commentary, Longplays have no commentary.

>watching video games

You might as well kill yourself

>player mutes game audio, killing any viewer immersion that wasn't already sacrificed to the giant facecam taking up 45% of the screen
>alternatively, player muted game and plays his own shitty music instead

Nah, the best idea is to do a Let's play, record the voice track on another track, then upload the Long Play and then upload the let's play with the voice track. Double video for double the pleasure. [LONGPLAY] and [LET'SPLAY]

>YouTube solution or location or method of doing something
>fuck all results
>few results have what I'm looking for
>all half an hour long
>what I'm looking for is somewhere random like 23:36
>comments disabled
>no timestamps in the description

I fucking hate this.

Why do 90% of the youtubers say

''yo whats up guys''
or ''how is everybody doing'' ?

youtubers are literally friend simulators for loneley autistic people

>Lookup how to do anything
>Instead of a simple post, it's a 10 minute long YouTube video
>Actual thing takes 1 minute, rest is them verbally jerking off to their shitty after effects skills and ms paint logo
>They call themselves "x productions"
>They spent more time editing the video together than it would take to write it out
>This is the norm now

YouTube was a mistake

It is. Talking while doing something reduce efficiency by a lot. Talking while driving increase the risks of accident by 40%.

>it's america's fault
>when most youtubers aren't even from america
(You) retard

Tried that before, got nowhere with it. You're effectively splitting your viewership across 2 videos which means you're not likely to show up should somebody search for videos that your content involves.

That was before YT got claimed by google though, so things might be different now.

>Instead of a simple post, it's a 10 minute long YouTube video

>can't find any enjoyable commentary gameplay channels of people who are actually good at the game and actively showing tips and tricks all the while going on tangants of funny stories and such
It'd be enjoyable if it were games that I didn't want to play already.

Except they never
FUCKING
STOP

Well I doubt Youtube will do a "Optional Voice track" option for Let's player alone.

Even more when Longplays exist for that reason.

If I were to make a YT channel, i'd just record gameplay first and then commentate later. I've seen it done and sometimes it can get funny

I don't really have a problem with the concept itself. A good let's player can feel like you're watching a friend play.

But the vast majority of these people have this obnoxious, artificially euphoric behavior that sets my teeth on edge.
I have nothing against upbeat people, but you can tell that this is just not who they are and it's so obviously fake and grating it drives me up the wall.

>constantly making weird noises
>random screaming every few seconds
>retarded grimaces

What the fuck is this shit? How is it so popular?

You forgot the 30 seconds of the youtuber's logo with retarded visual effects and dubstep

The worst are those videos with the shitty annotations that pop up constantly and block 75% of the video. They're never useful or insightful, just lolsorandom bullshit, begging for subs/money, or shitty additional commentary

Because that's how they get money. People are attracted to people talking and doing commentary. They are not attracted to "Oh, I found it, cool" and then 5 min of silence.

People want a personality, not the game. People dont watch Markiplier because he's good, they watch because he's Markiplier.

That's why popular Twitch guys talk 100% of the time. And all of then say that if you want to make money, even if you have 0 viewers, you should get used to talk to nobody. Just so that if somebody tune in your channel, they see you talk.

There's this weird mindset with Youtubers, especially the more popular ones, that if there's "dead air," even for a few seconds, they're boring their viewers.

Like, take Markiplier. If there's a tense situation where you'd expect quiet, he'll babble gibberish under his breath or something to fill the "dead air."

If I had a gaming channel, my accent didn't suck, and people asked me to do commentary, I'd make my videos start off with gameplay + a brief "This is how you do [thing people have trouble with in a videogame]" right off the bat; no introductions of any kind, cutting off unecessary parts that just slow things down (i.e. walking into an elevator in a game and waiting for it to take me somewhere else, etc.), and only talking when I inherently need to explain how to do something in the process. After the deed is done, I'd finish it off with "That's how you do it, now get outta here." and the video ends right fucking there.

Most of their viewers are children with short attention spans, so they're probably right.

How. It does not work easily. You would either have to edit the commentary inside the video, or have to comment at the end of the video like "Sup guys, hey that was cool right? "
The formula work well like that. For example, I watch Two let's play of Zero Time Dilemna while playing Grim dawn as a podcast. Just hearing what the reaction was to the game I played was fun .

A good let's play should be good even without any video. There is a reason why Longplays are less popular than Let's plays.

Let's say you watch TV, and every once in a while, nobody talk. Just people doing stuff. There is a reason why we have commentators during sport events. People wanna hear somebody give their opinions. They dont want to just watch a play.

There some old channels I use to watch that followed that formula where they played the game first and then recorded over it and just talked with a friend, generally about the game or some ridiculous tangent, if there was a mess up in the game both of the people would question what the hell the other person did while playing it. It usually wasn't on purpose it just kind of became a thing after a while.

Accents are good. People love accents that are not theirs. That's why british people are popular with Americans and why americans are popular with british people.

I have a french canadian accent, and a lot of people love my accent online.

>Let's say you watch TV, and every once in a while, nobody talk. Just people doing stuff.
Charlie Chaplin was fucking great though.

The formula right now for that are just "sketches" montage of funny bits.
Like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=M-puEQWzHNA

>and every once in a while, nobody talk. Just people doing stuff

I don't see the problem.

If I had a friend who was competent with videogames, I'd just do let's plays of games and we'd play while talking and being generally entertaining. Unscripted entertainment is great because it just feels so genuine.
None of the let's players are appealing because they're just being -them- with gameplay sprinkled ontop. If the latter form was popular like vlogging in general, they'd do that instead.

>stuck on puzzle
>google video game stage area gate walkthrough
>text tutorial
>"And so yeah you kinda just go there and jump and press bab and then you're there if you got the thing and thn u go a litle left andright and ur doen there uth jogog :)"
>open video result
>no commentary, high-quality video
>skip to the part i need
>the fag barely grasps the controls and flails around like an idiot, gets stuck on an easier part for several minutes and then glitches through the puzzle

Charlie Chaplin was good because it was silenced all the time. But if all you had was "Hey that's cool." and then 30 second of silence until "Oh I found the key" then it would not be.

Even the later Charlie Chaplin stuff was him talking a lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

People voted on what they want, and the majority want speech. There is a small minority who want no speech, and some people do do it. But it's the small minority and so are not shown.

BUY THE GODDAMNED GAME, YOU LITTLE SHIT.

I do no commentary, but I'm not sure if it's any good.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHSgXuPWHpM

>2016
>reading

you have a better chance convincing people to reverse engineer the game and find what they're looking for by inspecting the data

Pretty good m8.

They should make it where any and all Youtube creators cannot make cash from ad venue.

>9406 videos
Jesus christ

this, video tutorials for just about any computer task are a huge waste of fucking time.

It's not even about people talking
It's about people making shitty jokes the entire video and acting like a cracked up version of that Swedish guy
There are people who do LP and their commentary is good but they're too rare

Most of them are old vidya ads hence the username, but yeah.

44K subs but only 258 views after 2 days? What?

Paying for subscriptions is easy, user.

I think it depends on the game along with how much stuff gets uploaded anyway. Anything I upload that has Mario in it seems to get a lot more.

Then skip it you mongoloid

>(Game name) gameplay no commentary
Was it really that hard?

Also,
>tumblr post

But subs are useless. Youtube help videos over 10 minutes and videos who get views, ratings and comments.

Youtube does not give a fuck about subs who dont watch your videos.

If I start a no commentary video game letsplay channel, I doubt I'd get more than 20 views per video.

just search for longplays, they never have people talking over them.

Why the fuck would you want to watch Happy Wheels videos without commentary
Why the fuck would you want to watch Happy Wheels videos at all

LONGPLAY

The one thing that pisses me off is how incompetent some of them are. They cant aim for shit, suck at puzzles and will miss quest items or obvious paths just to shit out other two videos of them trying to figure it.

That doesn't stop people from paying for them.

This guy stole the mantle of "most obnoxious youtuber" from PDP years ago and he's not losing it any time soon. His voice is like fucking nails on a chalk board.

TOP OF THE MORNIN' TO YE LADDIES

His 'accent' is fake.

Sure, but it serve no purpose.

>looking for SotFS LPs
>find a dude
>"yeah I'm a huge souls fan I beat Demon's once and have played through DaS 1 loads of times blah blah blah"
>4 twenty minute videos later
>has died multiple times like a useless gimp in the first level by running towards MORE enemies
>they've stopped spawning altogether
>"this game has too many enemies for my taste anyway i had a sandwich this morning"
>still hadn't even seen the second bonfire

It's amazing how many people I've found who are somehow worse, WORSE, than even DSP. Like fucking how? How is it possible?

Low key commentary > no commentary (ie mute) > wannabe e celeb commentary

Also
>needing a guide

I think they actually do that to get more videos out the game and use fake frustration or rage to sperg out on camera.

But that's not what I'm talking about I mean, like complete incompetence to rival DSP, that's what I mean. They make DSP look like a scholar.

>normies discovered youtube

things that never happened.

feel free to prove me wrong

>DSP couldn't get past the tutorial for Divinity Original Sin

And I thought I was a casual

>it never happened so prove it did

?

>discovered
What
You do know that Youtube was meant for normal people to use right? Nerds already did let's plays before Youtube with voice over tracks.

AAYYYYYYYYYY WHATS GOING ON ITS YA BOI
i swear borderlands 2 started this

Yeah, some of them are downright incapable of playing videogames, why do people even watch them?

Because youtube is now a business, and every little fucking shitter channel wants to make it in that business, so they copy the big businesses who cater to literal children, and this is the result.

There's barely a market for no commentary raw gameplay content, so nobody makes that content.

>WOW, LET ME JUST CLICK THE VIDEO WITH A LE FUNNY THUMBNAIL AND OBVIOUSLY SAYS LET'S PLAY
>WWWWOOOOOWWWWW, IT'S A LE EBIN LET'S PLAY, WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT?

Stop fucking clicking videos that are obviously not what you're looking for you autistic fucking piece of shit. You people intentionally put yourselves in situations you know you won't enjoy so you can feel superior to those around you over arbitrary as fuck things.

Fucking kill yourself and seek the help you so desperately need.

>vloggers and and drama is the new meta on YT
>when people use video game footage in the background of drama videos

Hi Steven Bonnell II

Shameless promoting.

I have a no commentary channel add free on my most new videos.
Do my best to add more.
Don't like my voice though.

The worst is people who have no business playing certain games, like you could never ever imagine this person playing something like an RPG and it fucking shows cause they recorded it.
>UGH I HAVE TO READ?

>make a no commentary gameplay video
>gets dislikes
>make gameplay video with a bit of commentary
>gets dislikes

>2016
>YouTube still doesn't have multiple audio tracks
Easiest solution to this problem.

>How to Upload photos to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr

Thanks, that's all I had to see

fuck that too. When they write their guides and try to make funny comments in it... and lots of ^_- emotes, that is the fucking worst.

This. Everytime i wanna see if an MMO is okay or shit there will always be this kind of assholes that keep talking really long over the title screen.

>make a video with full commentary non-stop
>dislike
>"wheres the face cam??!?"

>use face cam
>ay you get dis ugly niggas face off the screen

youtube.com/watch?v=Y25nnyuRa_0
youtube.com/watch?v=gDzLIUou8VM

got couple hundred views combined but no one ever fucking comments

Are you guys looking for any specific type of game play? I can start working on these more. Currently my channel is just short clips or w.e game I'm playing, and I have like 400 views total. This seems like a niche I could carve out.

I regret my past videos but they brought in so much money from autistic Nintendo fans that didn't know what to do

Neat, I'll check these out later as long as thread is archived when I get home (and not deleted)

>they skip the dialogue
>"UHH, WHATS HAPPENING?"
>"WHY DID I SUDDENLY DIE, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO"
That shit's infuriating.

You forgot the annoying intro music with cringe.

cool breh

most Let's Players are definitely american

I don't understand why Game Grumps is still popular...

>find a nice game video series with a guy who hardly speaks unless necessary
>he invites his tumblr friends to speak over it with their bad jokes and laughing
GEOPP

>Look up cutscene from a game
>Click video
>1 minute intro
>2 minute cutscene

Why are you putting an intro for a cutscene? You didn't do shit but upload it. Fuck off

>try to find a tolerable let's play
>find a video and immediately notice in the about section there's a link to a "no literary commentary version"
>the commentary is the player summarizing a chapter of The Brothers Karamazov and giving his opinions on this particular chapter along with some analysis and how he relates to events
>every video in the let's play goes over another chapter of the book
>his twitch stream is a book reading and after every chapter he interacts with the stream and tries to encourage discussion on the themes of the work along with trying to get people to talk about their own experiences

what the fuck kind of topsy turvy world have i stumbled into

fighting the good fight

youtube.com/watch?v=_m238YKac0k

for the full story, you'd have to watch the one linked in the description, which I botched terribly

how did you fuck up the other one so bad?

OBS was set to record Ultra still (set much lower res), so it fucked up the aspect ratio for RE4's 720p. My spare monitor is defunct so I had RE4 fullscreened, so I couldn't tell til after I recorded all that

Is there a best commented let's play series than Research Indicates's Trespasser?
youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M
youtube.com/watch?v=oepl6lL6kK0

gameplay narratives are the best part of video games and why games like Super Metroid and the original LoZ still deserve a place today. more channels should preserve that

people just shit on everything too much lately. too jaded. RE4 is still GOAT and the AI is actually one of the more impressive things about it even today.

ctrl+S

He's on about the retarded voice overs by cunts.

Aka PewDiePie

>HEY WHAST UP GUYUUUUUYS
>Today we are playing this gamevdosnevdiabebdssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who is it

>mute it
>guy stands there for a few minutes and equips specific items and gives instructions in between his ramblings
>he had important information hidden in the nonsense.

And remember to donate to Patreon okaaaaaay? *snort*

You're forgetting the part where they ask you to subscribe, check more of their videos, follow them on every social media in existance and possibly give views to their equally retarded "friends".

I like SuperGreatFriend's Illbleed and Deadly Premonition myself. He shows you everything in those games, only speaks when needed. Even filler for DP is fun.

>Occasionally watch some Finnish sperg who doesn't do commentary nor show his face
>he even got invited to that E3 Battlefield 1 demonstration with Snoop Dog and went so far as to cover his face the entire match so nobody could see him.
>all videos consist of comments going "YO DUDE SHOW YO FACE BRO xDDD" and "DAB PLS"

The worst part is all the fucking idiots who absolutely eat this shit up and want more of it, I can't even blame Youtubers for pandering to them.

>hey what's up guys it's dundoeviljiorichi today I'm gon-
>hi how are you dundo

JackSepticEye's videos are insufferable, but he's a completely different person when he's not putting on the act.

youtube.com/watch?v=bSyxKFzXedA

have yall ever heard of pewdiepie he's really funny

sounds fun man. I mean, a lot of books are meant to be discussed so it works

>Make a channel that's only no commentary playthroughs of games
>No views

That's why people don't make those kinds of videos. Nobody fucking watches them so what's the point?

>someone complains about another video about a different pokemon go guy getting robbed but didn't get attention
>shows a guy walking up to him
>cuts to him in his room going heeeeey before I show you what happened let me say-
>video is like 15 minutes
Fuck that shit no wonder no one gave a fuck about your pretentious ass.

Go in, find relevant section, use search/find and grab the info you want.

There, no need for any fucking jokes or emotes or anything if it triggers you so much.

are you typing "NO COMMENTARY" in quotes during your search? if you just type no commentary it will give you both commentary and no commentary because you're not using quotes which restrict it to videos with literally whatever is written in quotes

Worst about this is the americans. Every single time it's a nasal, faggy, autistic voice of some retard who only talks crap.
I hate it. I just want to watch a short gameplay video, not subscribe to your shit channel.

So is there actual demand for this sort of thing? I've always wanted to create youtube/twitch content.

If I made no/low commentary playthroughs of games you people would watch? Examples of games I'd do would be things like these: It's mostly PS4 stuff because that's the easiest thing to record footage on. But if it took off at all I'd do PS3/Gamecube/Wii/Wii U stuff too

>Souls
>Bloodborne
>Bayonetta
>Wonderful 101
>Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
>Wolftenstein New Order and Old Blood
>Starfox Zero
>Windwaker HD
>Dead Space 1/2
>Metroid Prime Trilogy
>D44M
>Dying Light
>Alien Isolation

kys

>quotes restrict it to videos with literally whatever is written in quotes
Fucking what
Really?

Seems like something that's very useful, but could be hard to get off the ground.

I'm the same as OP, I usually avoid videos because of that shit.

That actually sounds pretty cool.

>post clip on twitter
>battlefield actually responds to it

How new can you be on the internet?

>could be hard to get off the ground.
The nice thing is that if there's no commentary, all I have to do is manage some gameplay recordings. I could produce a gameplay segment worth uploading every other day at the least. It wouldn't be that hard. For a Souls playthrough for example, I could just set simple goals like "clear the Forest of Fallen Giants" or in a shooter it would just be about recording a single level each day. That wouldn't take me more than an hour to do.

I wish I could stream properly, but my internet won't allow it.

Holy fuck yes. theres a whole bunch of different search operators so you can nail down on shit like filetype or website. Shit i remember when you could search for really specific shit like homeservers hosting mp3 libraries or unsecured security cameras just using google. also this

SaikyoMog on YouTube has a ton of long plays with no commentary if that's the kind of thing you're looking for

why do you need to stream if you're making lets plays, all you gotta do is set OBS to record to file and tada you too can make lets plays.

>trying to find specific thing
>written guide has vague as fuck directions as to where to find it that would be much easier if you could just watch a video of someone walking over to it

Because I could just stream whatever the fuck I'm doing at a given time all day everyday and be really really lazy. I'm a NEET. I'm always playing 6+ hours a day.

I'm still baffled that one of the most subscribed channels that isn't a VEVO or owned by Youtube is a fucking Chilean Vlogger.

My little sister started legit crying few days ago, because she couldn't find any lets play videos without annoying people talking over them.

You also forgot
>And make sure to check out Audible/Lootcrate/Crunchyroll and use my special discount/free trial code!

>Implying that doesn't make it worse with the way commentators edit their videos all to fuck.

This is a bit of a strange one, the guy who ran this channel had cancer and died last year, but his dad has been releasing his unpublished videos once a month
The dude was seriously good at games if he did all of these playthroughs, and there's a lot of them

>This is what late born Millennials and Gen-Z think is quality entertainment.
And the Boomers and Silent Gen thought we were we had no class or standards.

If you're looking for a let's play with no commentary, try searching for long plays

>look up guide how to fix a problem with an emulator
>start video
>notepad pops up
>LET THE BODIES HIT THE...

>ALL RISE FOR THE YOUTUBE NATIONAL ANTHEM
youtube.com/watch?v=2WPCLda_erI

>Things that never happen

My no Commantary or face videos here.

Make money from my wagecuck job so in my spare time I make videos.
Planning on doing a Fallout 4 modded play through and Forza Horizon 3

And that means what exactly? Is that going to make this guy somehow more respected by people that already find him obnoxious?

>Get stuck on a obscure game
>Search for a video to see what I need to do
>There is just one video walkthrough of the game
>Shitty cringe intro
>Shitty cringe voice
>Actually helpful commentary that explains game mechanics and curiosities without trying to be funny or talking over the game
Pic unrelated of course

I didn't mean for it to mean anything, but that shows he's purposely putting on a show to take advantage of kids and idiots.

>find a video with good display of gameplay and great quality
>the player is terrible at it

>Le bodies meme.
>Drowning Pool hasn't been relevant for over a decade.

Every IGN video ever made.

>tfw shit ass Dutch accent
At least a French or British accent sounds somewhat elegant. I sound like a wasted Scottsman with a speech impairment.

I claim it never happened, but you are free to prove me wrong. Which part of it was so hard to understand, retard?

>there are only new videos on youtube
Ok kid

>youtube.com/channel/UC8TxbX2fr7seHMdJhdJLkdA
>one week ago
>2 views

so this is what it's like to support a dead channel

Gaming channel done right

youtu.be/IXOy_RUzq5A

>He still watches videos that were considered trash when they had mild relevance.
Didn't know people got nostalgic over garbage.

are you sure you've used the internet
before?

This works with YouTube like it does with Google?

Oldfag youtuber here.
You can blame youtube for this.
Originally you couldnt even have gameplay on your channel without doing voice over work on it.
This lead to everyone just being socially awkward spazzes and now its expected.

The problem is that people dont understand that you need to just be natural and just have fun with your friends and the audio is much better.

Mic quality and having stuff on seperate channels where you can easily adjust the audio makes such a huge difference too and yet almost nobody does it.

You really have no idea what the original post is about, do you?

Jesus. Christ.
Fuck you for posting that video

>Terraria
>Speed run.
>This is gaming on youtube done right, guys!

>JackFaggotEye

I can hear his shill screeching manually

I only had to hear 5 seconds of voice for this curse to take place

Sure you can say that but a lot of the popular ones aren't

I do but could you be anymore out of touch?

Let's go start a green text story thread so you can bring up a GaiaOnline or Yahoo chat story? How about a cringe thread? I'm sure you've got a ton of newgrounds and YTMND for us, right?

>Mute it
>Faggot sits there and walks around for no reason while he explains how his life is going for 7 minutes

>12 million subs

This. I put the controller next to the mic while in the menus so I can sync up the audio of the button presses with what's happening on screen. I can edit the audio stream however I want that way.

There are a lot of children between the ages of 7-14 on the internet. Anyone subscribed to him that's older is mentally retarded and subhuman, so they don't count.

That's his target audience.

You just know that at least 2M of those subs are adults.

Which is the most confusing part.

Shirrako the youtube channel has them. He also plays the games properly and doesn't rush through so you can see whats going on and feel immersed.

>watching a video that is supposed to explain how to port a model from one program to another
>video is 5 hours long
>four hours of the video is just of the guy wheezing and saying "Oops, did that wrong. Reset everything."
>there are no other videos explaining the process

What happened to him, Cred Forums?

>this is gonna be that jacksepticeye faggot or something isn't it
>it is
Fuck.

I swear, I just had flashbacks to notepad and learning how to download games on PSN for free.

For free? Aw shit hook me up brother.

>click embed
>see thumbnail
>click unembed
I'm glad that cancerous youtubers follow an unwritten rule that makes them put shit like that as a warning to those not already familiar with their channel.

>oh hey, a "gameplay preview" of that game I'm looking forward to, maybe I can get a feel for the mechanics and atmosphere
>"HEY IT'S ______ HERE WITH LEAD DESI-"
>okay let's skip forward to the actual game
>game loads, 3 seconds in: "OKAY SO WHAT'S GOING ON HERE WHAT AM I LOOKING AT WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO-"
>"journalist" can't go 5 seconds without running his mouth, can't hear the game at all over the chucklefuck
>close tab
if I wanted an interview, I'd watch a fucking interview

you can't find anything anymore without at least one idiot blabbering constantly over the audio

>YouTube 'gameplay' video
>Splash screens main menu cutscene cutscene cutscene tutorial tutorial cutscene cutscene cutscene
I used to be sure I knew what gameplay was. Not any more.

>unregisteredhypercam 2
>FRAPS.COM

>HEY GUYS
>HELLOOO
>DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE

even worse is that they put themselves into the videos, i don't want to see all this retards when i am looking for gaming videos.

>tfw I micspam this sometimes

mastertroll

I HATE THIS! Fucking retard youtubers.

What's sad about that is, you're right.

I'm not a big reader or anything, but why are people so turned off by reading? Even if the book is digital, people refuse to read anything that isn't literal garbage drama that's happening on the internet or real life, and go out of their way to obtain information by alternate methods.

>On-screen text guides like youtube.com/watch?v=ZI29xEnfTzI were replaced by people talking

>youtuber goes into a game having done no research, not done the tutorial, or even looked at the controls
>dipshit misses obvious clue or tutorial popup, often involving plain text in the middle of the fucking screen or something obvious and intuitive to anyone with a brain stem
>goes on to bumble around for half an hour confused and whining and blaming the game
>scroll down
>"lol he's so dumb I love him *rips dick* lol"

>Look for videos of obscure horror games
>The only videos of it have commentary

All I ever post on youtube are shitty smash montages with nothing, but the gameplay and whatever stupid shit happened.

Who is Egoraptor?

Well first you have to go to a shitty survey site and get frustrated as you do multiple surveys and quit when you rage on the last one Then you go onto a psn code generator website (No surveys!) and spend a few days trying to get a fucking code that doesn't work

i watched a great heavy rain let's play years ago. had no commentary and it was edited really well. i think he would also show the different ways a scene could play out, such as what would happen if you let nahman jayden die.

i'm not against commentary, i just hate obnoxious shit like in OP. here's an LP of the dreamcast game illbleed with commentary, one of my favourite LPs of all time because the game is so fucking weird. also it's edited really well, showing what happens if you trigger traps etc. really recommend watching if you're looking for something to watch

youtube.com/watch?v=WjGD7IzDN8E

When you had to search things in specific locations youtube is more usefull than a wiki.

Because these people are braindead fucking dolts, complaining about 'youtube culture' when there's a completely viable alternative that isn't filled to the tits with shoddy attention whoring and consumerism.

I used to do that stuff, back in 2006 or 2007. When you only needed to tick an option to post videos longer than 15 minutes. I've left my channel in 2010, and since then, all the videos combined had 8 or 9 million views.

I just mute the video and play the game OST

It's like there aren't many other different formats on that channel

>Terraria
What were you expecting?
Generic brown n bloom WRPG #2618?

>supergreatfriend
patrician taste

his deadly premonition playthrough is one of the best out there. 100% completion, alternate scenes and secrets, no commentary over dialogue and cutscenes, he plays it competently, and you can just tell he loves the game. his little opening monologue at the start of that is great on its own, even. deserves more subscribers than he has, but I guess he seems happy with what he's got.

haven't actually watched the LP you linked, I'll have to do that

I see. I'll pick neither.

>1:30 into the video
>anyway guys lets get right into it

people love the dutch accent.

Smart man.

Check em

wew

You were so close.

I did that survey shit before for something else, fooled me twice.

>minute long ridiculous over the top after effects intro
>for a channel about a boring gamer playing games

what the fuck

people also pay for those intro things. there are kids out there who pay for those shitty intros.

no but seriously guys lets literally get right into it WUB WUB WUB

>youtube.com/channel/UC8TxbX2fr7seHMdJhdJLkdA
>one week ago
>2 views

so this is what it's like to support a dead channel

>1:52:12
What did she do this entire time?

why did you post this a second time

You have to slowly savor those chips.

it aint EZ

>open video
>"Heloeveryone, thisismarbozir"

>open video
>thicc russian or brazil accent

How do you feel about videos with minimal commentary? Like, no talking during cutscenes/dialogue, maybe some reactionary talk sprinkled throughout

>accidentally skip cutscene in video game
>oh, I'll just look it up on youtube
>guy won't shut up during it

>yfw obnoxious youtubers are encouraging shitty players to get good
>yfw shitty youtubers are the heros gaming needs
>yfw shitty youtubers will eliminate the casuals and save us all

>trying to find item x
>find relavent section of guide, "since you should already have gotten item x earlier in the game..."
>have no fucking clue where to look in the guide

back in the day i feel like guides for rpgs had an index. am i just retarded or did they stop doing that?

If I eventually made a gameplay only channel, would Cred Forums let me shill it occasionally?

How's the terrorism going, lad?

I think we still have YT shilling threads, so yeah sure

ya sure and get 10 dislikes instantly

I wanna see a terrorist LP Command and Conquer Generals so he can ask "why don't we have rocket buggies?"

>Terrorist reacts to C&C Generals
>Sees GLA tunnels for the first time
>"ABDUL! GET THE SHOVEL!"

You're saying that like there isn't any here in the states.

>Hey everybody it's ChuggaAConroy

Pretty soon everyone will be making YouTube related lets plays and the people who actually understand English language/grammar will be isolated to Gamefaqs.

>find somebody who does 1080p longplays without any commentary and doesn't suck at the games he plays
>add him on steam, and tell him that he does a good job
>turns out he's a really cool dude and we both play a lot of the same vidya

This would legit be a hilarious parody channel if there isn't one yet. Just hope that nobody set your car to explode on start.

I like this guy

youtube.com/channel/UCDFyemxxLGB3KtCZNhViV2A

>look up guide
HEY AGAIN THIS THIS IS LUCKYSEVEN COMING RIGHT AT YOU ON YOUTUBE

that guy won't shut up

>ISIS already uses twitter
>Already claimed to train their soldiers with CoD and CnC Generals
>Still no gameplay channel

nice

Maybe I want to hear what the game sounds like, just not this fag

I know your feel but the fact is that videos without commentary do not make money or bring attention. Since humanity almost always does things for either money or attention, it only makes sense you find less things that do not bring either.

Just thank others that do it purely for the love of gaming and enjoy what little content like that you can find.

On the bright side, for older systems, you can always find a longplay channel. Most of the time they are totally silent through the playthrough.

Only if the guide has pictures. It's a fucking nightmare trying to follow some guy's guide that's all text and you can't figure out what the fuck he's describing in a maze. Half the time, if you were observant enough to find what's he talking about, you could have solved the puzzle yourself.

Pictures or get the fuck out.

>go on youtube
>type in long play
>????
>profit

This isn't your channel faggot.

>guy is good at the game
>his voice is annoying as all hell
Is this what purgatory feels like

>all these fags ITT complaining about commentary
No, you are the cancer
At least those that follow some content creator on youtube do so because they enjoy his unique content , the rest of you fags literally want to watch other people play the game for you instead of soldiering through yourselves. There was once a time where walkthroughs and guides were not as common , did those people just give up on playing videogames? NO

What you see today is the entitlement that comes with a generation that grew up with everything served up to them on a silver platter , an entitlement that has them bitching and moaning over the most innocuous things like commentary on another person's youtube channel

Guess what bucko , THEIR CHANNEL ,HTEIR RULES.

Don't like it? MAKE YOUR OWN

Too talentless/ SHITPOST ABOUT YOUR NON-EXISTENT PROBLEMS ON Cred Forums SOME MOAR

>Open COH2 Let's Play
>Thicc russian accent
>Spends the entire video bitching about the video being "anti-russian propaganda"

just type in no commentary, people have realized that marketing their videos as not having commentary can get them views from people who don't want any

I feel like I'm in the minority, because I can't fucking stand to watch a 2:00 minute that gives me information I could have read in 20 seconds, even though I can't stand reading fiction, and much prefer that to be in a visual format.

you're pretty autistic but i agree that watching someone else play a video game on youtube is for fags.

>'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''content creator''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

fuck you , you don't get to define what content creation is

You do know that if you put "walkthrough" at the end you usually find what you're looking for, oh and look out for for flashy thumbnails those are most likely to be pewdipie imitations or just search the wiki for said game

>HTEIR RULES
h-tier rules...

Carcinogen has some commentated runs on his channel and occasionally does live commentary. He's great.

you are the most annoying person i have ever seen and i just spent an hour talking to a transgender "good queer" from homestuck general

user with an obnoxious, derivative youtube channel detected.

Try LobosJr?

That does seem to be a problem lately.

People posting guides in a game like Dark Souls and saying things like "now just use your pyromancy to cheese this boss." like every player is going to use pyromancy. You can't look up specific parts in these guides, because they're assuming people are going to play exactly like they did.

t.talentless shitposting roofucker

What do you think about this style?
I guess im just narrating what id write in a guide.
I was thinking about playing more of the old games in this style but I feel like I'm being super autistic and i'm actually really annoying.
youtube.com/watch?v=O_2CmHPVP90

Actually it got way easier now with PS4 sharing.

Walkthrough:
youtube.com/watch?v=03HbicqjnHw
Lets Play:
youtube.com/watch?v=N_6dWXqRhmo

Turn back the clock.

tl;dr

Destiny Senpai?

RangrisGaming is a pretty decent voiceless/faceless channel.

>1:52:12

what made me really shake with cringe is the fact that this man is 100% sober. If he was retardedly drunk I might be able to blow it off and pretend like this video didn't happen, but jesus fucking christ I wanna die.

I had a no commentary channel where i perfect played levels people consider hard and posted details of how it was done in the description.

It got buried under the mountain of EPIC face cam shitsplays. So why would i bother dropping regular videos?