I don't understand how Blizzard, the company that fucking made Warcraft, fucked up their own movie adaption so much

I don't understand how Blizzard, the company that fucking made Warcraft, fucked up their own movie adaption so much.

Cutting out fluff and changing the storyline a bit for movie purposes is fine but they outright fucked up the whole lore

>Gul'dan forms the Horde, no Ner'Zhul or Shadow council anywhere
>Blackhand is a fucking chump
>Medivh doesn't open the portal from Azeroth's side
>Horde barely goes through the portal and Stormwind isn't sacked
>Grom is in the movie for 2 seconds and doesn't do anything despite the first one to drink the blood

I could go one but you get the point.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vTDSBS6njuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>blizzard

They let some outsider hacks write and direct it instead of our guy Christopher "cocaine fiend" Metzen.

It's an adaptation, like you said. books and games made 20 years ago doesn't translate well to movies

>Medivh doesn't open the portal from Azeroth's side
But khadgar finds out that the portal needs to be opened from both sides so if it wasn't medivh and it was. Then who did it

Because Blizzard has never hatefucked it's own lore in the past.

if they wanted a movie, they could have take all the cutscenes and trailers from WoW, mix in one long film and ship it like OC.

It would be easier and cheaper than hiring Ragnar.

dat guldan fist fite doe

>Blizzard has such disdain for Metzen his memorial statue is him wearing an Alliance hoodie with a character he didn't even help create

You have to condense a game that can be however long it needs to be into a film that shouldn't be longer than an hour and a half, and simplify the plots for general audiences. This is why film adaptations of video games always struggle.

And making a 3 hour long film "for the fans" is a fucking terrible idea.

did he voice baby Thrall?

the orc fuhrer guy with the cancer spikes on his back, nerd
didn't you watch the movie?

what if the movie was made 20 years ago

Were you the guy that screamed about spiderman having organic web shooters back in 2001?

a hoodie, cargo shorts, and flip flops?

what a way to be memorialized

Grom kept on appearing and not saying a single word, pissed me off.
The movie was okay I guess, it had that cheesy vibe like the DnD movie with the special effects for magic and shit.

The Warcraft movie wasn't made for Warcraft fans, it was made for the millions of people that aren't already fans.
Why is it so hard for people to understand that this is how fandom movies work?

Because why fucking make a movie if not for the people that pay you for your games?

I get your point but it just pisses me off. Don't fucking bother if you're not going to create the movie for the fans that love the series.

As one incredibly big advertisement to try and keep the cash cow rolling.

To get new people to pay them for their games. They already have our money they don't give a shit about us.

fuck off normie

Is he going Super Saiyin?

lol REEEEE! xD

The lore of the game shouldn't matter. People who care about that stuff are so boring. It's the same calibre of people who rag on great movies like Excalibur or Seven Samurai for being "historically inaccurate".

All that matters is whether or not the movie works cinematically. And Warcraft did, sort of. it was fun. A solid 6. It looked nice and had a well-structured story, but was let down by some spotty performances and bad pacing.

>caring about your appearance is normie now
damn user, I can smell the doritos dust from here

It was 100% made for fans

it was totally impenetrable for ANYONE that didn't know extensive in-game lore to follow or give a shit.

They cut a few corners AKA specifics only the most autistic would shout was dumbing down or pandering to "normires", but it was still a love letter to fans

did you want him to be in jeans instead?
or a suit for your downtown business office work, normy?

youtube.com/watch?v=DgZdlGZ2_TQ
Here you go, more Grom. And Grom really only gets interesting during Warcraft 3.

>Grom is the most popular orc amongst fans
>Exclude him

Yeah nah

>final boss fight in Legion with Gul'dan
>last phase has the tank do a 1v1 fist fight with him

I need this to happen

well, yes
anything is better than cargo + flip flop combination
nice projection though. I'm sure metzen would be proud of you

>Gul'dan being this muscular

He was weak faggot who needed fel magic

>complaining about changing shit in movies
NOW YOU KNOW HOW PEOPLE WHO READ ACTUAL FUCKING BOOKS FEEL, CHAMP.

Holy shit what the fuck is that

he was still an orc

I mean I laughed out loud at the scene in theaters, but that was the point I guess

also he cheats when he starts losing and uses fel to win

Every time Gul'Dan had a single line in that movie I got so fucking wet!

Whoever voiced and mo-capped him was great.

Movie Gul'dan was better.

Guys, I think the real reason Metzen left blizzard was to focus on his acting career as 3D Thrall in the upcoming warcraft movies.

Demon magic was steroids

this fluid druid

Aside from muh lore, was it an okay movie?
I been for the blue ray so I can watch it at home.

>tfw they killed the orc waifu
rip

>Warcraft 3 movie is finally made
>Thrall is literally just Metzen in green body paint and/or CGI
I wouldn't even be mad, that's just dedication to a role.

Even the most skel of orcs are muscular as fuck.

movie is reboot of the story, they are remaking and fixing what they dont like, it wont be 100% same or even 80% same. And desu i enjoyed it, i only played wc3 roc and tft though.

Their hands and bodies are massive.

Who thought this was a good idea?

The game is the strongest canon. If the book is different, then it's wrong.

It has whip-fast pacing and editing, major scenes and locations change like 3-4 time in under 15 mins at some points.

And there are a shit ton of characters to follow, despite what lorefags say, it's a little much for the uninitiated.

Plus the speech-impairing tusks.

oh god

when did they change the title to "Warcraft: The Beginning"?

they really are planning to make this a series

He levelled up
It even did the noise

>hostile invaders attack your country and killing your people
>gun them all down
Warcraft was a critique on the current Immigration crisis and what should be done about it.

Preggo Draka gives weird boners.

and terrible acting done by terrible actresses

>What are ya gonna do? Shoot me?

A lot of people that never played liked the movie.

Its pretty fun, gul'dan fistfight is awesome.

There is no Blizzard, only Activision.

He's all over the place in the movie though.

Anyone who whines about Warcraft lore are completely full of shit. You didn't play Warcraft 1 for story, you played the copy pasted factions cause it was like playing a Warhammer clone on MS-DOS. Warcraft 2 had somewhat different campaigns, but ultimately didn't flesh out til ToD.

Real lore that actually tried to be plausible was RoC and beyond, albeit WoW is loopy (never played WoW, only read some).

The actual hierarchy is.
>Whatever the fuck Blizzard says
>Warcraft games
>Internally written books
>World of Warcraft
>Officially approved third party written books
>Manga/Comic/Whatever you want to call it
>Movie
>Smut
>Fan art

so female draenei having horse cocks is canon right?

I think they meant anyone that reads ANY book, and how adaptions always have to shit it up for the change in media.

nice.

>Warcraft games
>World of Warcraft

>WoW is not a Warcraft game
At least pretend that you aren't biased against WoW.

>All that matters is whether or not the movie works cinematically. And Warcraft did, sort of.

Gromfag spotted. Glad that orclet didn't get any screen time.

Real books, not Warcrap pulp garbage for edgy teens.

>"Warcraft" RTS games*
stop being so autistic

when it comes to lore, you have to be biased against WoW and any associated lore (chronicle)

That's fanmade right?

lolno those fires are stamped with blizzard approval
this is fanmade: youtube.com/watch?v=vTDSBS6njuM

WoW is just as canon as Warcraft, grandpa. Everything in WoW was approved by Metzen.

Why would you take a game designed around continuously killing big-bad raid bosses seriously?

That was the dumbest thing said in the thread, good job.
Canon WoW lore says that the bosses were only killed once, by an unnamed group of adventurers.

You think I was talking about players repeatedly killing the same bosses?
neck yourself retard

Blizzard stated themselves that WoW canon != Warcraft canon you dumb fuck

[citation needed]

Nah that's not true, as much as I wish it was. Though if they revealed a WC4 as a straight continuation of WC3, I'd be so fucking happy.

[c-c-c-c-citation needed]

they actually named the garbage Chronicle "World of Warcraft" instead of "Warcraft"
it must b true lads