>Fast as fuck getting everywhere
>Start playing games and having a fucking blast and still haven't stop

Why does Cred Forums hate the PS4 again? It's great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug
ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Hard_Drive_Speed_Test_Comparison
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't say exactly i hate it, my opinion on it is more neutral
I do believe you made a mistake by buying a OG PS4 when the Pro comes out in 2 months

>comfy
There's that word again.

There's that post again.
Just ask if you don't know the meaning.

Because compared to the ps3 it barely has games, memes aside. I keep waiting to buy one but i dont just want to play uncharted 4 and bloodborne.

why would anyone want a ps4 pro?

I play mine every day. I like it a lot, don't regret buying it at all

Although i do wish there were more games at times

Ps4 is meh I am going to buy a Scorpio and jump ship. The tide is turning. I would buy a PC but I'm thick in that department.

You're still in the honeymoon phase, OP. Give it a month.

which games r u playing?

Wait until its out then buy a ps4 normal with the inevitable price cut.

ah, smart move
thought you wanted the actual console

dunno, VR maybe?
Running games at 1080p60FPS?
Apart from that, nothing comes up

SONY WINS AGAIN, BABY

>Start playing games
>being ambiguous about which games on purpose
lol

It only became conformtable to use when they gave us folders after three years.

>Buying a Scorpio over a PC

vr would be completely horrible at that hardware
and i really don't think compinaies are going for the extra strech when optimizing a game for ps4. to actually make any difference

Nice revisionism. Cred Forums hates sonyponies

I feel you OP. I love my PS4. Menu music is so soothing and it's easy to find everything.

I don't understand the hate. It plays games just like an Xbone does and has some pretty cool exclusives. PC is great but some folks just don't want to mess with building one.

Can anyone actually list the main games for ps4? Not trolling but im wondering if i might get one.

Scorpio is best choice if you have a PC or plan on getting one

I already explained I'm dumb. Laugh away.

Got mine a couple weeks ag. Enjoy. Install the 20th Playstation anniversary theme.

no. games for scorpio will come to PC while sony games will not.

I think he means that itll be better cause you can buy 1 copy of game X and play it on or xbox or PC.

>Bought a PS4 yesterday morning
>Hook it up
>Dat comfy as fuck menu music
>it's a menu who cares
>hours of updates
>finally Start playing games
>discs keep crashing
>get a replacement console
>hours of updates
>play tlou remastered
>really overrated game movie
>play bloodborne
>fps drops make it hard to stay motivated and I've played enough souls games as it is
>play driveclub
>fun as fuck no complaints desu
>browse the store
>it's all garbage
>play alien isolation
>it's shit
>decide thati really don't need a ps4 since I've got a pc anyway
>trade it in
>no regrets

The Sony marketing department is spinning up for the Holidays it looks like

>hours of updates
Thats your fault. Get better Internet.

My Internet is fine. Sony's servers are AIDS fist is common knowledge. Been that way since ps3. Microsoft updates are quick for instance.

BB, Ni-oh, Guilty Gear Revelator, and KoF 14, and Uncharted are all the exclusives I played that were fairly good or great.

Excatly. I thought PC elite didn't start flame wars guess I was wrong that other user let the side down.

>still cant customize the background
kill me

Actually there is a 500mb limit on PSN downloads and now you know.

just kill yourself

I had 1216b with 1TB HDD for like 2 weeks. Returned it because of insane coil whine.

Still gonna get a Slim when it goes down to 200$ or so, provided it doesn't have any technical issues like the previous 2 models had, just for Bloodborne and musou games.

>Running games at 1080p 60FPS?

Just get a pro it isn't that much more expensive.

You'd think with all that extra cash they're making off PSN+ they'd invest in better servers but nope.

Just like with XBL, people pay for literally fucking nothing.

Sure mr. Shill, I will gladly pay more money for some extra lighting and bloom bullshit.

>getting og ps4 when pro's less than 2 months away

>XBL has Dedicated servers for all 1st party games on xbone.
>PSN still has P2P

Sure user.

I think xbl's download rate is being made faster but obviously they will never be as good as just downloading stuff on a PC.

In the uk there is like no difference. But consoles are shit just don't get one. Anything that isn't PC is disappointing for me and I own shit tons of consoles. I had a decent PC for a year but it died because we got some cow boy faggot to build it.

Why the fuck would I need 4K resolution in musou games?

Also if you think you're gonna get at least 1080p 60fps you're fucking insane. It's still gonna be sub 30 fps in most games.

>Because compared to the ps3 it barely has games, memes aside.

you are talking about the original "no games" console. newfag dipshit.

make sure you get PS+ for free games

steam doesn't even do this

I've been getting fed up with Steam and with digital age in general. I hate the fact that I have to register all my shit online and have to shuffle between 8 goddamn passwords all the time.

I appreciate the fact that I can pop the disc in and play the goddamn game even if my psn gets hacked.

>Start playing games
>games
>s

>Start playing games

Liar.

>Bloodborne and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

That's 2.

Mines on the way, can't wait.

Any cheap games you could recommend for testing purpose? I'm thinking of geting Re4HD since its only $20

>RE4
>literally 3 console generations old
>b-but it's only 20 bucks

Fuck man

VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>This OP

That pulsating sound the 12016 models make is far worse. Shit actually causes headaches.

thats sad, i download at 10 mb/s from steam.

You can't pop in a disc and play. More like pop in disc wait for install and update. Gaming is fucking joke and I am also no fan of steam either but it works most of the time. More than PSN and X cock live. Also paying for online is gay believe me because I do it. Gaming is a massive waste of money for me. They will never be as perfect as I want them to be. Manic depression is deep in my soul.

I don't even know what that means. Can you explain I am stupid.

At least is no fx5800:
youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug

>then you realize all the good games are games people are still waiting for

should've waited for ps4 pro faggot.

What the fuck is wrong with updates? Do you want to play a buggy game? If you do you could just play without the update.

Not him, but Yakuza nier and P5 are all 2017, Thats more then enough for me, Plus things like the HD RE's and Bioshock trilogy.

It won't be better name one game other than nier, last guardian and horizon zero dawn. You can't. This generation is abysmal.

I mean the fact I don't have to sign into some shit service to play my games, but the PS4 games use "silent installation" or whatever the fuck it's called. I know because I had a PS4 for 2 weeks.

And you don't have to update - in case of PS3 you just press circle on the pad and that's it and I suppose you can turn off automatic updates on PS4.

Can't do that on Steam, that shit always forces you to update games, multiplayer or not.

>Gaming is a massive waste of money for me. They will never be as perfect as I want them to be. Manic depression is deep in my soul.

Cry me a river cunt.

Sorry I offended you. You don't have to swear. No manners these days.

Can I update without online? Serious question.

Rude.

Last Guardian is never actually coming out and Nier will be on PC too
No?

I don't know much about specs and all those professional terms and stuff so can someone tell me if PS4 Pro is really that much better than OG PS4? Will I be fine with regular PS4? Or should I just save money for Pro?

PS4pro isnt worth it.

All you get is 4k Visuals (Which you need a 4k TV for) and luminosity sliders

Also TGS they flat out said "WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH SELECT SONY TITLES" which means PSTV tier compatability whitelisting.

I think the point is that the game shouldn't need massive day-one updates that make the game functional in the first place. Developers/publishers just shove it out anyway with the "we'll patch it later" mentality and it's doing nothing but harm.

Console games are no longer "Just pop it in and play" unless you're playing something made by Nintendo.

So I have to pay for online just to update my games?

>Last Guardian is never actually coming out and Nier will be on PC too

Exactly. Sony fucked it.

They said the developers are free to patch their games for PS4Pro if they wish. So that means you'll MAYBE get a few older games that benefit, if the developers/publishers want to spend the time and money patching an old game.

>Thinking about buying a PS4 tomorrow
>Still doubting if I should wait for the 1TB model or just upgrade when I run out of space

There's no actual meaningful graphics or hardware upgrade. It's not worth it, but you should wait for the PRO's release so the regular PS4's price drops, that way you can save some money for some games.

Which you know they won't.

No, but you need an internet connection. I thought you were trying to update offline.

In a completely non meme way i have to say the game catalog is lacking.

Its kind of the vita of consoles

i can download a gigabyte from steam in a minute but that would take an hour from PSN.

I think 500gb is more than enough. You can't possibly play more than 5 games at the same time, you can always delete games and download them later again on the library.

Vita has WAAAAAAAAY less then Ps4 though.

>heat sync is exposed out the back of the computer
i came.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas say hi.

I don't like PS4 because it doesn't have enough games I can't play on PC.
I only have Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank for it, and there's nothing else released I'm interested in

Exactly, and if they do you know it'll just be a slightly higher resolution and that's it.

No Bloodborne or other older games at 60fps like everyone was hoping for.

It's simple, Cred Forums can't deal with the fact they can have a console that equals a mid-range PC in specs but performs much, MUCH better and with system exclusives for $300, which is less than the cost of an ok-tier GPU.

>can i update without online
How old are you? serious question

this is what literal retards think, console games have NO REASON to be 50 gigabytes when they all look worse than crysis 3 which is only 14 gigabytes, enjoy your artificial technological progression

Vita has more games actually, PS4 has ~700 available right now and Vita has a lot more than that, even if half are Weebshit VNs.

PS4 currently has 1(one) game which you can play right now and 1(one) game which you can pre-order an play in october.

Xbone has currently 0(zero) games you can play right now and 1(one) game you can pre-order and play next year.

Vita has a fuckload of games. It just most of them are weeb games. But it has tons of good games if you are into that.

I don't just hate PS4

I hate everything related to modern videogames

see
I mean paid for

My dick is small

Yes i agree, they obviously inflate the size of games by not compressing audio and video files, probably to make people pay for the more expensive HD.

Pretty much this, PS4pro will not present a performance increase in any game whatsoever.

Old games won't run at 60FPS on Pro.

the shitty sub 2ghz cpu in consoles simply cannot handle uncompressed audio and video files.

Well that's a shame, Ps4Pro literally useless

>50 GB

Is that on disk or off disk? I don't do digital.

>>Start playing games
liar

any "next gen" console multiplatform game is inflated to 50 gigabytes on the harddrive for literal peasantry reasons

>Start playing games and having a fucking blast and still haven't stop
You lost me.

Can someone explain this shit? Why does everyone masturbate over "exclusives"? I chose PS4 because it's the best console for multiplat games. Why do you refuse to acknowledge games that aren't "exclusive"?

Digital AAA games are generaly between 30 to 50gb

30-40 GB in case of PS4 games.

PC games nowadays don't even come in discs, they put like half of the data on the disc and tell you to download the rest from Steam.

Half Life 2 ruined video games.

Thats fine

Im not defending any other console, just saying that Ps4 has a very unimpressive catalog of games. Xbone can too, I probably would never buy either

I assume they have alot available for download? bc the display for vita at the store is actually sad, probably only 30 games and alot of it was weebshit and shovelware

plus the additional sound from the hdd and disc drive. the only way to make the console more quite is to put an ssd on it and only buy the downloadable version of the game.

half life 2 with portal and portal 2 and the episode expansions is less than 50 gigabytes - you can probably even fit TF2 in there - stop lying

Even if you buy on-disc you still have to install, which ends up being 30-50GB for most games.

I swear they're trying to intentionally remove any/all advantages physical has over digital on purpose. Mandatory installs, nothing in the game case but the disc, game isn't even finished so you need a day-one update to play the game anyway. Anyone buying a PS4/Xbone game on-disc in ten or fifteen years won't be able to actually play because there will be no way to update the game anymore.

Publishers have effectively killed any/all lasting value their software may have had with the advent of digital, it won't even be possible to have a fully-working physical copy of many games in the future without online connectivity because they ship unfinished and require huge updates out of the box.

But is that digital only? How much space does on disk take, is it only Save data?

I want to know how much room I have to play with if I buy disk only. I had 18 games on PS3 with an 80gb HDD before I had to delete and switch.

I just said most of it is weebshit. It has a LOT of good weebshit. But its weebshit.

your console is not fast enough to read data from the disk to play the game and never will be; install your game to the harddrive or go fuck yourself

Vita is basically discontinued in the west, stores aren't stocking it or its games anymore and Sony has officially stated they are not supporting it with any first-party games as of last year. But it still sells fine in Japan, which is where most games for it are made.

I feel sorry for the 2029 generation of retro enthusiasts. Its bad enough for us working on hawked prices of SNES and GC shit.

PS4 installs all the data from on-disc games (usually 50GB+) and after that merely uses the disc as verification that you own the game

Because any smart person would buy a high-end PC to play multiplats at best graphics/performance and a console purely for exclusives.

I'm not talking about the size. I'm talking about the fact that Valve put only half on the data on HL2 disc(s) (depends if you bought the CD or the DVD-rom version) and forced you to sign to Steam to download the rest of the game. Fast forward 12 years and almost every PC game does that.

I still like my ps4, but I'm am no longer considering it my main console. I'm buying an xbox one s or scorpio and playing multiplats on there from now on. After the shit Sony has been pulling lately I'm done.

The final straw was them not allowing mods on FO4/Skyrim. Its not only them, that shows Sony's unwillingness to work with devs to allow mods for any game on the ps4
>but m-m-muh farm simulator
yeah no one cares about farm simulator and driving 30ft rainbow tractors over blue grass. Who the fuck would WANT to mod a game like that?

>valve forced me to install a valve game launcher
>waaaa waaaa waaa waaaa waaaaaaaaa
do you want PC to have blu ray as standard? faggot idiot dumbass.

Ahh, so it's PCfats who do this cringey shit about "muh exclusives". Yeah sorry bro most people only need one machine to play games, not everyone is a NEET pig like you

Ah i didn't even think about how many games didn't make it from japan to NA

Guess it makes sense, only 2.5 million vitas sold in NA vs 5.04 million in Japan

It saddens me that more people don't care about things like that. But I guess if you're willing to spend $60/year on PS+/XBL for "free" games you don't even keep and are more than satisfied, you're beyond all hope anyway. No one seems to care about ownership or keeping the things you buy, service models are cancer.

>implying pc gamers give a fuck about exclusives when PC HAS THE MOST EXCLUSIVES
top kek , maybe even an apex kek

>has enough money to buy a console and an expensive PC
>NEET

Thats, upsetting.. Why would they do that?

I was joking about Ps4 being my last console but if this actually keeps up, it might as well be.

Depends on the game, most PS3 games install a couple of GB of data on HDD (if you don't have to mandatory install the whole game off the disc that is).

In case of PS4 it's usually around 40GB of "silent install" data.

thats nice and all, but does it have Blast Processing

blu ray drives and discs have pathetically slow read rates - seriously just do some googling.

Crashing this thread...

So we're limited to 8 games? Any way to expand the memory?

I was complaining about 80GB Ps3 all this time, this is much worse.

>By physical copy
>Get a box with a Steam code
Nigger if I wanted to deal with Steam I'd just fucking buy on Steam.

Yes, if people want to buy physical copies of PC games they should be able to and it would obviously require an optical drive.

Because games are too complex and good-looking now to be able to get away with reading it all from disc

No they are localized. I don't mean that they are nip only. The vita has tons of good, LOCALIZED weebshit.

PS4 install seems way faster though. With PS3 you had to wait like 30 minutes or something before you could star playing, with PS4 you play right away.

You can swap out the HDD in a PS4 but that still requires you have or buy another one.

You know, it never fails to amaze me how hot some child molesters are. Looke at that 11-14 and tell me you don't wish she had molested you in middle school.

Yes.

I want to have an option to not to assign my fucking game to some shit service that will die one day and make my copy unplayable. I want to have all the data I need on the disc I paid money for.

I want to own my shit, not rent it. What's so fucking strange about that?

Is it sony specific like Vita mem cards? or can it be any internal HDD?

Well if you don't want to deal with Steam don't buy a Valve product

>you play right away
After you install, that is. So you don't play right away.

like what?

I was just shopping bc i needed a handheld (4 week business trip coming up) and ended up getting a 3ds because none of the vita games looked very interesting.

He should

99% of what's sold on Steam isn't a Valve product, but okay Champ :^)

I'd very much like to not have to deal with Steam but the reality of the situation is that it's Steam or piracy, which is the fucking problem, you simpering shitwit.

you want PC's to have blu ray as a proprietary standard so that every PC purchased gives a %%%$$$ to Sony? KILL YOUR SELF

>bloodborne the only game for the piss poor four
>not buying it for only one game
>hear about FFXV
>looks awesome
>planned to get a PS4 neo for xmas with bb and FFXV
>hear FFXV is coming to pc
Maybe another time then.

PS4 uses standard SATA HDD, just buy one for 40€ when you are out of space

Do I know what you find interesting?

PS4/Pro uses SATA2 Harddrives from the year 2004*
fixed for you*

Yes.

Depends on developer willingness and games.

You can also use a SDD. Most PC still use old HDD anyways because there is no reason to replace them until oyu go full SDD

>it's a fake Cred Forumsirgin describes something as "________ as fuck." episode

>Why does Cred Forums hate the PS4 again?
Literally the tale of fox and the grapes user. With the foxes being butthurt Nintenyearolds and Petition Compiling Lardass Race. The Xbuddies were actually smart enough to switch to Playstation Nation after the glorious 360 days were over.

This. A million times this.

I love some indies that come out but I'm worried the day Steam dies, we lose ALL of that data.

I can't even circumvent it by downloading the EXE to an SD card because steam wont be able to reinstall it

Yes but Steam does no harm to you, it's not intrusive at all, and if one day the service comes offline, no company would be dumb enough to let their games rot and not be playable anymore, that would be marketing suicide, so they would find a workaround.

Name 2 games you're enjoying on it right now.

You can only use SSD which are limited to SATA 2 speeds from the YEAR TWO THOUSAND AND FOUR
HAVE FUN "UPGRADING" YOUR CONSOLE TO THE POINT WHERE ITS MORE EXPENSIVE AND WORSE THAN ANY 400$ COMPUTER

Damn, i mean just recommend some

I like rpgs enough, dragon quests were always fun for me as well as most of the FF games up until 10

Also like MH and sometimes mind numbing rockstar stuff

theres a steam crack for literally 99.999999999999999% of all steam games

>he heard FFXV is coming to pc

i own a high end pc and all the currnt gen consoles
>not getting NEETBUX

the only place ffxv is going is the bargain bin

this thread is not about your mom, user.

Holy shit, you must be the most embittered poster in the whole board.
Are you a Sony hater or something?

>and if one day the service comes offline, no company would be dumb enough to let their games rot and not be playable anymore, that would be marketing suicide
This is truly what Steam toddlers believe because daddy Gaben said so once 13 years ago

>exposes the lies behind a piece of "modern" technology
>wow u must be a h8er
kill.your.self.

>Shitposting.
Ok. Stay mad lad.

Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2.
Persona 4 golden.
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Disgaea 4 complete
Dungeon Travelers 2
Demon's Gaze
The Atelier remakes
Trillion
Tales of Hearts R

It also has games that are multiplat, but the Vita version runs perfectly and you should get them if you like playing on a handheld like Odin Sphere and Stranger of a Sword City

Truth posting. the words you were looking for is truth posting. the ps4/pro is limited to SATA 2 harddrive speeds which is more than a decade old - there is no shit in this post - only truth, enjoy your 2ghz CPU console.

"Something" will inevitably happen in the next 10-20~ years.

Be it a steam crash, a change in service providers, Steam/valve gets bought out, or a change in technology. It might seem silly, but for all you know, computers and Pcs might be obsolete in 20 years, we might have hands free virtual devices by that point to where sit down PCs won't be a thing anymore, which in turn would kill the gaming industry for anytihng but on-the-go mobile style games

what lies you tech retard? it has been tested and confirmed that putting in an ssd significantly increases speeds.

ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Hard_Drive_Speed_Test_Comparison

blow it out your ass, anal diver!

>Trails
Good, but on PS3 and better.
>P4G
Unecesary tacked on extras and worse then PS2 in every way
>SSD
okay
>Disgaea 4
Ps3
>DT2
okay
>DG
okay
>Altelier
PS3
>Trillion
meh
>ToHR
Most generic tales of to date, which is a damn shame because ToH vanilla is an absolutely monumental game. 3D conversion kills any form of strategy the game had and turns it into "Run circles around the boss spamming artes till it dies"

>limited to sata2
dude, modern pc's have SSD's that read and write up to 6 times faster than a SATA 2 read/write speed = SATA 3

>load the game in 30 seconds instead of 35 seconds
w0w totally worth upgrading a console to the point where its MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A COMPUTER BUT STILL CANT PLAY GAMES MORE THAN 24 FRAMES PER SECOND

P4G is better in every way than the PS2 version. I can't even imagine what you like about the PS2 version better. And Disgaea 4 vita has more shit than the PS3 version, and has all the DLC included to boot.

> I can't even imagine what you like about the PS2 version better.

That Marie doesn't exist.

>Not waiting for the slim or the pro.

Cuck

>>Start playing games and having a fucking blast and still haven't stop
I won't go the route of saying no games but buying a PS4, waiting to DL the updates then to DL the 50+GB games on their slow as service.

certainly anything but comfy.

Shes really a non issue. If she REALLY bothers you, just skip through her scenes.

>And Disgaea 4 vita has more shit than the PS3 version, and has all the DLC included to boot

But why would i buy a vita when I can just buy the ps3 version? One game with all its dlc is still more expensive then a pre-owned copy of the original on a system i already have.

Izanagi didnt need a tsun-tsun persona fucking up her character. shes a godess demon thing. just leave her at that. i don't want to get to know her, I dont fucking care about her.

SMT is the last series that should try to make me sympathetic towards the villains I'm in it to slay demons, not marry them

Because its way more expensive to play it with all the DLC on the PS3 and the PS3 version is straight up missing content the vita version has.

>HURRR DURRR MUH SATA III!!!!
>plays Minecraft and 7 year old console ports on his $2650 Alienware all day every day
>HURRR I'm such a fucking 1337

But thats still $300 for a vita Vs $20 for a PS3 game.

Plus, you're assuming i'd want all the DLC, let alone care about Disgaea in the first place. Maybe i'll buy it and won't like the game? then what.

PS3, I simply return it.

Vita? Well now im stuck with a console I obviously don't want, as WELL as a game I don't want.

Huh? You can get refurbed vitas for 100 bucks, and I know disgaea 4 isn't 200 bucks. And I'm not saying to buy a vita for just 1 game.

lol the ps4 cant even run minecraft
>nice projection
>nice deflection
>implying
loser

No games.

>>plays Minecraft and 7 year old console ports on his $2650 Alienware all day every day

at least newer Ayyylmaowares have SATA 3 connectors

Not trying to take sides here, but I literally don't see a difference between those two.

Like, if the quality of the PC one is supposed to be better, its so marginally small of a difference that i don't see what people go apeshit over.

Then again, I don't get graffix wars period.

I really hope japmoot makes it banworthy to refer to Cred Forums as a single person or entity.

What are you supposed to say? All it means is it would change to "you guys"

the point is that a ps4 is worse than a 400 dollar budget comptuer
my 1k rig from the year 2011 maxes out gta5 in 1440p no problems

i wonder if he even knows about SSD harddrives that connect directly into a mother board PCI-E slot - those even blow away SATA 3 SSDs

But that bias is unprecedented.

Your bias is that you game on your PC right? But not everyone does. You need to consider the layout of other people's homes.

Most people have their consoles in their living/social rooms for more open space, and when for friends to come over, it's an entertainment center.

A PC is more of an enclosed "For me only' kind of deal. most have them locked away in their own rooms, and thats cool and all, but not all of us chose to live in our rooms, or are forced to.

Therefore, a console is a better decision to us.

>my 1k rig from the year 2011 maxes out gta5 in 1440p no problems
>lying on the Internet

your right, only 125 million steam users game on PC, thats vastly smaller than the 40 million ps4 sales - PC is surely the smaller market XD XD XD EPIC TROLLING AM I RIGHT

just bringing myself down to the console fanboy level
i5 2500k @ 4ghz + gtx 760 that i traded a ps3 for - plays gta5 on max settings at 1440p with no anti aliasing at a frame rate that console can only dream of ; more than 30 a second.

oh i even run a color fixer so the game isnt covered with the shitty blue fog that console have at any time of day in the game

Because it's winning. I like the PS4.

>gtx 760
>build from year 2011
You are not fooling anyone

What games?

yea it's pretty epic, epic for the win! xD

btw have you paid $70 for ps+ yet?

News flash kid: creating patches costs money, you really think publishers will be willing to release a patch for every single one of their games on Steam or any online DRM service?

This digital bullshit will one day bite the consumers in the ass, and it's gonna be painful as fuck.

That's what mommies are for

Not really. Worst case people just pirate their games back and move on with their lives. Steam is a convenience.

I don't really hate it.
But i deapise having to pay $300 for a toaster to play "exclusive games" at medium settings 30 fps, when I'd much rather play on my PC.
To each their own, and i don't really care if you prefer it for some reason, but faggots who cheer exclusives need to die.

Kid, you don't "own" anything. Why do you pay taxes on land you supposedly own? Top kek. Everything is borrowed you idiot. Even your body is but a temporary storage unit until you get sent to the Great Beyond lmfao stay cucked retard.

T. Edgy highschool anarchist who doesn't understand property rights.

>your right
>missed the point of the post
>ironic shitposting
Kill yourself

Because le ebin le contrarian le 80 cents more a month what a ripoff le le le

I don't hate the PS4, it's just that PC gaming is so vastly superior, when you've played GTA5 in 4k maxed out, you wont ever touch a console again, the experience is just so much better.

My problems are two fold.
1)A disconnect between the "hardcore" audience in Japan and N.a.
And 2) paid for exclusives.

I don't care that consoles exist. Normies/casuals need a platform. I don't think chad fucksStacy is gonna build a new rig with a 1080. He's gonna play bethesda games and even tw3 on ps4 unironically, amd use a controller for muh fps. That's fine. Even i didn't pc game in elementary school. I don't hate casuals or get mad that other people or "normies" play my games.
However in Japan consoles are more than just the Casual market, everyone uses them. So obscure weeb devs/smaller jap games never come to pc, which is annoying. The second problem is just that Sony pays companies not to release on PC or Xbone which is fucking cancer.

This.
Which is why pc gamers can be dicks sometimes.
I just don't want to play FFXV on crappy as settings with a crappy as framerate. Especially when it's attached to a $300 premium.

>So obscure weeb devs/smaller jap games never come to pc, which is annoying. The second problem is just that Sony pays companies not to release on PC or Xbone which is fucking cancer

Sound like YOU problems to me PC-friend

Gonna have so much fun with P5 and FF XV

LMAOING @ UR LYF RN

You faggot nigger lover i swear to God i will end you and all sonyggers. Fuck you and take your ass to sony's home at redditt you fucking isiot pussy cuck. Lapping up sony's shit like a bitch lmao.

Alot better than 0 FPS amirite :^)

>not spending the first week figuring out why nothing works and downloading 200 drivers

>not wondering why you still cant play games less than 6 years old on Max sets even though redditards told you you could with a $600 PC

>not having to buy $500 worth of accessories to play basic games

>not having to worry about overheating with a $200 cooling system

>not liking being stuck at a desk or dark corner in a room hunched over in an office chair

>having 24/7 live support instead of waiting 4 weeks for a ticket to go through steam service

REEEEEEEEEE

>Im gonna have so much fun with P5 and FFV
Same.
What's your point?
I might wait for the PC release of FFXV though desu. See if i cam make it.
Why do sony ponies assume i don't have a ps4? I also have Wii U and will get an xbone S when i finally get a 4k tv. Staymad.

>buying a PS4 at literally the worst time you could ever possibly buy a PS4

you fucking donkey

Because it's the same MSRP as the regular model except it's better?

>Being this retarded

Only an underage pleb would waste money like this.

Right.

I don't even have a problem with the Playstation consoles to be honest, I grabbed a PS3 after it had been out for about 6 years because they were dirt cheap and there was a huge number of games selling used for £5, so it gave me a chance to snatch the really good exclusives and coop games to play in the living room. Turned out to have a decent collection in the end, and I'll do the same for the PS4 in probably 2-3 years.

But they certainly aren't the hyped "next gen" rubbish the developers like to trot about, lets put things in perspective the PS4 has a 1.8 TFLOP GPU in it, and I've just bought a 9 TFLOP GTX1080 and I'll probably put another in SLI by the end of the year, there's just no competition.

>go to play destiny, all updates should be already installed automatically.
>start up game, there is an update for destiny
>preparing to download (10%)
>half a fucking hour later it's done preparing
>not fucking downloading at all, internet is working fine
>pause and resume
>preparing to download (10%)

JUST

>can't refute anything because he knows he got BTFO
>le epic highschool meme! XD

You have to be 18+ to visit this site.

The UI is awful compared to the PS3 and PSP. The XMB was by far the best UI any console has used.

Wow so epic! So many TFLOPS (like 90% of the steam library lmfao)! So what do you put those FLOPS to use in? Oh that's right:
>nude witcher 3 mods for your bitter virgin ass cant get a real girl lmfao
>creating the latest indie pixelshit
>work documents lmfao
>niggerfield 1 WE WUZ edition
>Minecraft in 4K/60fps with full mods!

Lmfaooo stay cucked kiddo.

if anyone falls for this I'll have lost what little faith I have left in this dank shithole

Question for slim owners:

How do you know if your console in on rest mode? Is there some kind of light there to show?

Property rights cannot exist without the state. In a state of nature nothing can stop someone from stealing my shit or even killing me for it. If i have10 apples there is nothing to stop you stealing them, since arguably anyone can kill anyone for them.
As a result we form a state to protect the rights to our property. A government needs tax to function in protecting our rights, voluntary contributions would lead to tragedy of the commons, so mandatory taxes are necessary to fund the state. While this might leave the state as a threat to your property rights, this is why we have constitutions limiting power of government and seperations of power to mitigate this risk.
Happy?
The xbone is 99% for 4k bluray and htpc like function. But maybe i just enjoy games more than I do fanboying, so i buy more than one platform?

>can't refute shit
>oh I know! Le tricky hook maymay! Got him XD

>>>/9gag/. Fuck off pcuck and enjoy your nude mods lmfaooo fucken virgin beta cuck. Retards masterbating over THEORETICAL VALUES hahaha enjoy guild wars 2 pussy bitch! Retard lmfao

racket and clank user...

A bad re-boot of a great series when then entire series exists on PS3

Yeah no.

also the new racket and clank

>if anyone falls for this I'll have lost what little faith I have left in this dank shithole

Don't worry I'm not biting, these people are just mad that they thought they had the hottest shit ever because that's what Sony and MS marketing tells them, and then they have to face the realization that on the grand scale of things the next gen consoles are at best middle of the road machines on launch. So all that's left to do is shit all over anyone who has a better platform.

Ice only ever had problems with PSN updates on ps3 because it's wifi is bullshit weak, hooking up cable helped but ps4 is even faster on wifi. Never understood this "hours of updates" meme.

>Why does Cred Forums hate the PS4 again?

There is no real hate. It's manufactured hate.

Any new game that comes up for consoles, Cred Forums laps it up. After a few days of the announcement, comes the question "so PC when?" This happens until the game comes out. Then after 3 years when the studio finally needs more money and release it on PC. Cred Forums now goes "LOL SUCK IT CONSOLEFAGS PC MASTER RACE" and then pirates it.

This is the loop. Always happens. Live with it. If you like the console then good for you. just stop listening to Cred Forums about the "wars" they are letting on. It's fake.

DELETE THIS

ITS VERY REAL

PC FOR LIFE

i have a SNES, GBC, GBA SP, NDS Lite, 2DS, PS3, PS4 and a PC.

i just love to shitpost (like everyone on Cred Forums)

>i just love to shitpost (like everyone on Cred Forums)
Shitposting for any reason makes you part of the problem, newfriend.

its too late to save this shithole. might as well shitpost with the sinking ship and use other places for real discussion.

now post your favorite meme heres mine

Why would anyone build a PC just to play what the console can already play while missing out on the exclusives? Multiplats are usually trash in the first place and certainly not worth building an entire rig just for them.

Because better graphics.

the phantom pain and racket and clank are 25 dollars each you fucking retard

Try it with the 20th anniversary theme, it's pretty nice.

I do wish it had a better library but it seems like there's going to be a lot of really good upcoming games, I know I'm probably gonna get The Last Guardian when it comes out.

Only an idiots would care about asinine shit like graphics. The reason games are going to shit is precisely because they keep focusing on making shiny pieces of shit with no gameplay.

Only idiots*

What the fuck is up with these fucking german captchas anyway?

Hey you're preaching to the choir here.

I honestly want better graphics and performance though, it's just that I don't want to spend $1000+ for that.

That menu music makes me want to vomit now.
Also, idk what the fuck you're talking about with it being fast as fuck. The ps store always takes like half an hour to load anything if it manages to load at all and I've got a 10mb line.

It's not the worst OS, the ps3 one was infinitely worse (no background downloads of fucking anything) but it's by no means good.

I'm also wondering about these so-called "games" you're playing. I have to admit I'm confused.

>Only an idiots would care about asinine shit like graphics.
There's nothing wrong with caring about graphics and advancing them buy buying newer and better looking games, it doesn't have to sacrifice game play to get it, it's just that some developers do. Don't buy their games.

There's only one thing worse than missing good gameplay in some games and that's people blaming it on graphics, as if the 2 are connected in any way.

Except they are connected. The games the west praises the most are always all style zero substance cinematic trash like tlou, uncharted, bioshock infinite and witcher 3. Their entire focus is on putting up a nice shinny show with no gameplay and AI design worth a fuck because they know that that's what they actually need for these games to sell and be called masterpieces by people who started gaming with an xbox 360.

>There's only one thing worse than missing good gameplay in some games and that's people blaming it on graphics, as if the 2 are connected in any way.

Well they are somehow connected really. See stuff like Uncharted and such.

Well that's just a small reason anyway but still. What really stops the west from doing gameplay is because they want that "REAL" feeling.

Personally, I don't get it. I mean, the Yakuza games have "real drama" if you get what I mean, but the gameplay is damn wacky in a good way. But it works. I don't know why the west doesn't want to do that kind of stuff.

the phantom pain and racket and clank are both 25 dollars each right now

Cred Forums is an echo chamber of butthurt PCucks.

Most people love the PS4, it's currently outpacing the PS2 and on its way to being the best selling console of all time.

i know, but since whole Cred Forums is a pure shitpost board, i may do it, too

Download the free 20th anniversary theme from the store for ps1 sound on startup an floating ps symbols lik the old menus used to have

You're welcome

Anyone know some fun multiplayer games on the PS4?
I tried out Planetside 2 but it just felt like a cheap Battlefield to me, and all I play usually is GTA Online.

Does it come in black? I hate staring at a white background screen.

It's kind of an off white so it's not eye piercing

No black

But they're not intrinsically linked because there are new games which have both pretty decent graphics and good/innovative gameplay which is proof positive they're not necessarily connected.

As a game for over 2 decades it's sad to see decline in gameplay but it's because of graphics it's because of normies flooding into the gaming market because of cheap access to console hardware and people buying games based on advertising. Look at all the major AAA games, they all have advertising budgets larger than their development budget.

The fall of gameplay has come about because of normies not because of graphics, most normies don't even care about graphics they just care that it's pew pew CoD and they saw it on the telly so it must be cool.

Really, the problem here is mobile gaming. That's the reason everything fell.

>The fall of gameplay has come about because of normies not because of graphics, most normies don't even care about graphics they just care that it's pew pew CoD and they saw it on the telly so it must be cool.

I'd agree with that somewhat if I didn't see companies always trying to push graphics graphics graphics, but when it comes to gameply there is almost none. Just something serviceable enought to be called a "game".

As the most popular console this generation, it gets the front and center spot of every platform war discussion.

Plus Sony has pulled some real dick moves now that they're not the underdog anymore (requiring PS+ and then raising the price for literally no reason).

Yeah they push it as marketing spin but the truth is none of these games even have good graphics, none of the popular games on the consoles which sell millions of copies compare to anything on the PC for example, consoles are budget machines when it comes to graphics.

I definately think there's an increased focus on graphics and a decreased focus gameplay, I just don't think the 2 are intrinsically linked.

I thought the gameplay of R6 Siege for example is really good, very dynamic and strategic, lots of options, strategy and play styles. But it also looks really nice maxed out, so these games do exist.

i haven't been playing any retail games on it. the good stuff that i really like hasn't come out yet, like XV, kh 2.8/kh3, nier, persona 5, god of war, horizon, etc.

i dont even feel like playing dark souls 3 right now, but i've been playing my 3ds and wii u atm. my friend told me to get the poker game on ps4 and we've been playing that, it's kind of addicting.

welcome to like 5 years ago? wtf idiot lol.