Series builds up to a grand confrontation with umbrella

>series builds up to a grand confrontation with umbrella
>hyped as fuck for chris and claire teaming up against umbrella after code veronica
>umbrella is suddenly dismantled in the opening cutscene of RE4

WHY!?

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/6/20/11982568/resident-evil-2-remake-director-hideki-kamiya-capcom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why not?

STARS vs. Umbrella wasn't strange enough, user.
>tfw I would have been happy endlessly escaping outbreaks in various cities if the characters were good enough and new gameplay elements added

Umbrella felt finished at the end of RE3 and the beginning of Code Veronica desu. Whoever ordered the strike on Racoon City already knew Umbrella was to blame

I wanna fuck Chris

They couldn't kill the golden goose. Originally I think it was clear the series was meant to be left alone and reach a conclusion, then new games would come out using similar mechanics. Onimusha, DMC, Dino Crisis, all these came from RE's core gameplay and the experiments upon it.

Nothing had the pull of RE's setting, the brand recognition of it. So, now that all of the games which used the core mechanics of RE were distributed, they needed to reinvent the game it all came from. So, RE4 was dramatically revised, and Shinji left the industry with a god damned golden goose the likes of which would change gaming permanently.

Better than the movies.

>Umbrella destroys the world
>Still concerned about improving the T Virus

It's like cancelling The Avengers after all that build up and instantly continuing to Winter Soldier. Even though WS might be much better, it's a big cop-out after all that buildup.

Play Umbrella Chronicles. Has what you were hoping for.

So why did they nake t-virus?

Capcom didn't know how to handle the situation.

They had a global corporation at their disposal.
>Could cover anything up
>Near unlimited finance
>Military power
>Owned whole cities and towns
>Cutting edge on near all research

Taken down by a group of people exposing their research
I know i'm getting shit for this but I liked how the movies handled it
-Game series
>Umbrella fell when near all the world blamed umbrella for the incident
-Movies
>Umbrella covered it up
>All evidence debunked as sick hoax, umbrella still going on

You can tell they made a mistake. 4 had little to do with the canon in reality they tried to replace umbrella with a cult. 5 tried hard to revive an umbrella-like corporation, 6 was a clusterfuck of everything even down to weskers "son" and a clone of ada.
They shouldn't have killed off Umbrella and it's funny that the evidence 4 killed the series is in the opening cutscene.

Money.

The T-virus was never about zombies.
It was about making tyrants, when fully developed they were not contagious, just killing machines.
Nemesis was the furthest they took it with the weapon idea.

Joy.
Did they ever bother curing it?

Well there were a few made during the outbreak, the components were there

They at least fixed that a bit with the Wii lightgun games.

The attack on the Antartic Base was really neat.

>4 killed the series

Fuck off.

Umbrella getting shut down by the government was a refreshing take on how those situations are normally handled. It would have been retarded for Chris and Jill to storm Umbrella's headquarters instead of testifying in front of a government committee.

Umbrella was always regulated to the background and overall not all that important in the game's themselves.

>It would have been retarded for Chris and Jill to storm Umbrella's headquarters
I mean, this happened too.

Much later, and it was pretty retarded.

>Denialfags
But it was 5's fault right?

>the highest selling game in the series killed it

Tell me another one.

>Shinji left the industry
He didn't leave the industry.
He made God Hand, Vanquish and The Evil Within after it.

whats code veronica like?
never played that one.

It's classic RE except with 3D environments and a camera similar to Dino Crisis. Some people consider it the hardest of the old REs. It's also seen as when RE started becoming too over the top, but it's actually pretty tame compared to 4-6. If you like classic RE then give it a shot.

>Some people consider it the hardest of the old REs.

Those people are complete fucking morons.

Hows about this one then?
RE5 is the best selling RE game.

RE4 fucked the series over. i've already said how; killing the whole point of the series with umbrella, capcom knew the series wasn't selling well so they changed it drastically to make the game appeal to the broader audience.

RE4 did sell well, as a result of being changed from the RE series formula thereby killing it.
Everything RE4 and onwards is literally making shit up as it went along and adding explosions to make it appeal for sales.

Cry all you want. it's the truth.

Oh and before I get all the >B-BUT THE HD REMAAAAAKES MUH EVERY CONSOLE PORT EVER
Even if you doubled the number it didn't get anywhere near.

>Story in resident evil is shit

No, it couldn't possibly...!

I never really understood how people thought it was so hard either (maybe because it doesn't have an easy mode like the other RE games?), but I thought I should mention it anyway.

>RE didn't end once they killed Wesker

I suspect it's the same reason why most people think the older games require resource management: they played it when they were young and shit at video games, so it seemed much more difficult than it is.

Fuck, it has the best knife in the series, and the boss everyone bitches about can be taken down in under 10 seconds.

I'm waiting for him to come back as a clone or a tentacle that regrows into more Weskers

Are you having an aneurism faggot? Get the fuck out of here

This is the same company that made dishwashers being connected to the internet a plot point in one of their other games

Wesker is overrated as fuck. He was only in RE1, RECV, RE4 and RE5 but people act like he was in every game. We don't need that matrix shit in RE.

Yeah I'm disappointed we never got a Chris/Claire game. I was positive that was what the next game was going to be after Code Veronica. It seems like such a strange choice to make Chris a main character in almost all the RE games since then, and even bring Claire back in another game, but never have them team up.

To be fair, a lot of the ammo in the games was hidden, so while a RE veteran would be stocked up on ammo, a new player would miss a lot of it.
That boss (assuming you're talking about the Tyrant on the plane) can also be easily beat without even moving away from the door or taking damage.

I was hoping more for a Chris/Barry team-up. They're supposed to be old partners but we've barely even seen them interact.

My biggest disappointments with 6 is that the teams didnt consist of Leon + Claire and Christ + Jill.

Especially since this would still allow for Claire but Chris interactions even if they arnt partnered

Pretty sure a city that was nuked can't be hid by a couple of dollars. Holding on that thought though, it was RESIDENT EVIL 5 that shot itself in the foot. Think about it, you kept on hearing his name

>Ozwell E Spencer

Who is this person? This person that started it all, is he the head honcho of umbrella? His significance was spread into 4 canon games. He is really elusive, will we ever meet him? We knew he was more dastardly than Wesker.

Enter Resident Evil 5.

>By the time you play this, he is already dead. Now let us continue our story and-

Apart from the story, pretty stale music with the exception haze of horror, bland environments, continual use of the plagas with no variation of the other viruses such as G, T, T-V, other than the small section of the lickers, partners, lack of typewriters, and lack of actual horror, it did not feel like a resident evil game. Here is hoping RE 7 goes back to its horror survival roots.

I'm just glad the old characters aren't returning in RE7. This alone is a breath of fresh air.

I was really hoping that in endgame RE5 you would have essentially a boss gauntlet of all the most powerful BOWs Wesker concocted with his retard-huge collection of viruses.

>New Advanced/V-Act form of Tyrant for T-Virus
>G-Virus creature confined and allowed to mutate endlessly
>Leftover Nemesis still programmed to hunt STARS
>Revamped battle with Hulk Steve's forcefully evolved corpse after years in a coma with T-Veronica
>Overmind-like cluster of Control Plagas interwoven into a fucked up omnipotent bioweapon

At least there were lickers...

GOAT

>this post

I mean this shit was kind of hinted it at one point in the game in one of its files that flat out say they pretty much have all the viruses, plus unlimited original strain. Instead we get Weskers fanfiction.

Yeah I forgot about steve, is the dude mince meat or perfectly not in pieces?

did the devs mention anything else at all about this? They are just remastering it like Remake did right? Or is it not a guarantee?

He was a whole corpse, Wesker I think stated he wasn't actually dead and that Claire might see him again in the future but that's was the last we see of him.

I always wanted this
But no, they had to make the most boring execution possible and have wesker die in a stupid way.

They still haven't said anything beyond the announcement video.

>>Overmind-like cluster of Control Plagas interwoven into a fucked up omnipotent bioweapon

We kind of got this one, with that giant tentacle boss you fight on the ship.

I don't have much hope now that Kamiya isn't at capcom to direct it, being that he directed RE2, what made REmake so great was that they had the director of the original direct the remake,

Where is the logic in this?

It ventured away from the resident evil story we know spawned games with brand recognition. killed the pussy.

Apparently Kamiya is friends with the guy who is directing the remake and sometimes goes out drinking with him, so Kamiya may still be able to have some influence, at least.

polygon.com/2016/6/20/11982568/resident-evil-2-remake-director-hideki-kamiya-capcom

I always was under the impression, since like RE1, that Spencer was long dead by the time the events of the games started.

I guess I had just assumed that by traipsing about the Spencer Mansion, which is abandoned and derelict, that Spencer was a non-entity. I mean, all the zombies you see are just scientists/researchers who shambled over from the lab.

>We go out drinking now and again, and one time he was like, 'By the way I'm directing the remake of RE2.' I was like, 'What? You're doing what?!' After I heard that, I felt like ... we need to go drinking some more."

Oh Kamiya.

I agree. The fact Shinji Mikami himself directed the remake is what made the remake so spectacular.

>You will never go out and drink with Kamiya, Taro, Kojima and RE2make dude

Never ever

Oh wow look he was only in every important game besides Resident Evil 2. And he was one of the main reasons that game happened in the first place.

>re5 a single number with 6.5 mil
>re4 split into at least three
>2.3+1.9+1.6=5.8 mil visible
>no PC numbers
Is this a bait chart?

Not that user, but that's how Capcom counts them on their site. It also completely leaves out every version of RE2 aside from the PS1 release just because they were released at a different time and didn't sell over a million each. RE5 being the first RE multiplatform release heavily biases those numbers.