Why is there such a big discrepancy between the game journalist ratings and the user scores?

Why is there such a big discrepancy between the game journalist ratings and the user scores?

-2 points on average for being mysoginistic anime

One of those groups get paid to do it and the other one has to pay for it. Can you guess which one is it?

Sexism and muh fee fees

Usually fanboys of a series or a specific genre see a game with rose tinted glasses.
On the other side, reviewers are too harsh about things they consider socially unacceptable.

So, yeah, both sides are stupid. As usual, the truth is in the middle.

the users bothering to rate the game are weebs who would literally play anything if it had cute anime girls

"Journalists" have a certain image that they must uphold.

Can any modern day game "journo" be trusted at all? I dont think so.

I like the games, I'd say solid 7.5. You know damned well why it gets low review scores though. Hamplanets can't stand it, same with backplane allies

In this case it's because the game isn't really that great on its own but the fan service is great for its audience.

Thus it is a mediocore game at best on its own merits but a great game to the particular fans i targets.

This is probably the one time I agree with the review scores.

This wouldn't look that odd if they didn't accept bribes for Triple AA games.

>based on 89 ratings
>mostly of them are weebs
in a trash

Objectivity is a myth.

^THIS

In the old rating, before "internet" this is the description of a 6-7/10 game.
Its a ok game for the average person, but if you are into the genre you will enjoy it.

Because if they admit to liking it, they'll be branded sexist male pigs and people will stop going to their site. And heaven forfend, because that means less ads for whatever crappy show they have in the banner at the top of the page.

Journalists only care about pandering to the masses.

Because Senran girls make female reviewers feel inferior in comparison

Because both groups defend mediocre games with inflated scores and act smug about it; it's just that journos and gamers defend different types of mediocre games.

Have you seen user reivews? Its always "10/10 dont listen to critics" or "0/10 because I say so"

God Tier: your own opinion having played the game
Shit Tier: everything else

They're both too high.

Shit no. I'll watch a random LP of a game I'm interested in before buying any game these days. Seeing the game in action usually allows you to decide, yes this game looks like it'll be enjoyable or no, the game isn't what I thought it'd be.

Ever since marketing became a big part of the business, you just can't trust trailers or "games journalists."

But Senran Kagura (3D series) aren't that good.
Yozakura is best girl.

The score on the left is more accurate, but I'm willing to bet the reviews themselves are stupid as and painful to read through.

It's really bizarre how games for people who love women cause then to screech muh sogyny, but then actually sexist stuff flies completely over their heads.

Why can't they bark up the right tree for once and go after David Cage?

Muh soggy knees.

>Why is there such a big discrepancy between the game journalist ratings and the user scores?

Most vidya "journalists" are completely disconnected from the actual player base and don't either know or care what the game-buying audience wants. Why this has become the case is anybody's guess, commonly voiced suspicion is that many of them are just failed movie critics who only got into reviewing vidya because they thought it would be easier.