What Do I Waste My Money on

Okay Cred Forums. I just received a sizeable inheritance from my grandpa and despite my parents wishes, want to blow some of it before putting it in a investing account.

What should I buy? (The amount I am looking to spend is about $5K)

I already bought a New Galaxy Style New 3DS XL. It's really nice.

Put it in a fucking high interest compounded savings account idiot.

Build a super rig. Indulge and get the stupid options like three large monitors and a TV just above it for console gaming.

I really don't see the appeal and have no interest in three monitor systems. But a gaming build is definitely something I am looking into.

Then do one giant monitor.

Point is, something that'll look good in battlestation threads. 5k will take you there easily, especially if you wait until black friday.

I was thinking about doing 2.5-3K for the PC and the other 2K on other stuff.

You're a dumbass, listen to your parents.
Buy $2,000 worth of pc parts and a 144hz 1440p gsync monitor. Also any current gen consoles you don't have and want to play the exclusives for, but that's not gonna make a dent in that budget.

Me.

More than enough, friend.

Don't. Buy something reasonable or nothing at all if you can't think of anything reasonable. Your grandpa didn't work, save, and squander for you to enjoy yourself.

Buy a bitchin camaro with ttops and a double wide

If you're seriously asking Cred Forums what to buy instead of already knowing what you want to buy, reconsider your life. What makes you feel so compelled to buy things you don't even know you want?

Honestly I was actually thinking about getting a Camaro with the cash but my parents would fucking kill me.

>Your grandpa didn't work, save, and squander for you to enjoy yourself.
Clearly his grandfather didn't enjoy it himself, so why shouldn't user, especially when he plans to waste just a part and not all of it?

Blow it on a HTC vive

His grandfather cared more for his offspring than himself in the end. Inherit more than money OP. He's teaching you something.

>buying a car with the first sign of money you get your hands on

This is why people are poor

This is unrelated but what are you guys majoring in?

I'm planning on getting a B.S. cognitive science and I was wondering if any of you have also majored in this?

desu thisas long as you dont blew it all on strip club and hooker you be fine

Well obviously I looked into it and saw that cars are the worst thing to blow your money on so I decided against it.

I gonna be that guy to tell you to buy a newest premium smartphone of your choice

Every single Call of Duty game.

An Alienware PC, 20kg of doritos and 100litres of Dr Pepper

listen here you little shit, use that money on education, on top of the line education. Is worth it as fuck.

My gf is in cognitive science and it's very computer science based. She is learning a lot about artificial intelligence, but before she got to all of that she had to learn a lot of comp sci fundamentals. It probably will vary by college, so you should look at the major requirements for the program of the school you want to go to before you decide to dive in.

Don't do this. The $700 smartphones of last year are $300 now, and are still just as good as the $700 latest ones. Hell, unless you plan to play the latest 3D games, the phones with MSRPs of $400 will probably be good enough for your needs.

I already have the Galaxy S7 (before the inheritance)

>college

You're worse than the OP

sometimes I use my lunch money on indie games

Maybe redecorate your gaming room somehow? Like fancy lighting or some new furniture maybe.

Made me kek

Hookers and coke, stop being such a poof.

I JUST rebuilt an area of my house (before the inheritance) to be a bedroom/gaming room combo. It's not very big so there's not much else I can put in it (besides maybe a desk and gaming PC)

Take the last bit of money you plan to spend before storing that shit in a bank, and take your family out to dinner. Tell them that this is the last thing you'll do with the money before throwing it in the bank. You'll look less selfish, and by making it the last thing you do with the money, they'll appreciate the gesture and the fact that you're not gonna do anything else with it.

English - I want to be a teacher. I love small town life so hopefully I can get a job in Nebraska or some other fly over state.

B O N D S
O
N
D
S

Sick gaming rig and console for exclusives. Rip them battlestation threads

>tfw no rich relative with large inheritance
Fuck me

Criminal Justice and I'm thinking about minoring in some foreign languages (currently taking French and Chinese). I want to join the FBI. Hopefully I can get into one of their internships that hires you right out of university.

Is your gf stopping after her bachelor's or is she planning on attending grad school. How are the job opportunities with just a bachelor's?

>English

Kill yourself.

>Criminal Justice
>English

>I am actually sharing this board with shitty non-STEM majors that will most likely be working at McDonalds after graduation

Suhh Elijah

Do this, don't be a cunt lad.

Buy a slave

Down payment on a house or a plot of land

>mocks other user's majors
>thinks this somehow makes himself superior
>will be in debt for most of his life
>won't graduate for at least 6-8 years depending on the program
>doesn't know how to properly use quotes

Stay mad reddit

Donate it. If not, atleast you're wasting it on technology that stuff loses value fast. hopeful youll realise someday how stupid you are when you're struggling to live.

dont fall for the bond meme

Psychology fag here. I also want to switch into Cognitive Science. How are the job opportunities?