Go back

Go back.

Thanks for reminding me that I'm too much of a casual to survive the Burst's final bullet hell phase, asshole.

couldn't do the sniper's final phase
so i just watched the rest of the game on youtube

ost is pretty nice

It isn't even that hard, don't give up.

Make every second count~

Its not that hard. Keep in mind that when dodging the yellow bands you must avoid the yellow balls as well. Try to also dodge where the horizontal and vertical bands intersect so you don't have to dodge twice. You can do it anons.

This game gets a lot better on the second playthrough when you can pick up the hidden meanings. "Look at the sky! The dot on the sun."

Exactly. At my first playthrough I didn't even notice a lot of the references about the ending of the game.

Fuck time grandpa.

kek

Excellence isn't an art, it's a habit. We are what we repeatedly do.

"incredible (after killing the chain) not your first time right"
Fuck you

"Just like you she arived one day and started killing everybody"
FUCK YOU

"all i heard (about you) was some bad stufff, and what i saw, well..."
FUCK YOU
U
C
K

Y
O
U

When he talked about his daughter before the Edge fight.

Don't forget The Scale's homeland being wiped out by your crash landing and FINALLY, I MEET MY CREATOR

>Giving the Rider a choice
>For what reason?

The reason is to realize what you are fighting for.

"What will you fight for?"

Anyone else get the ending where you stay with the angel chick on their first playthrough?

I was super confused, thought the game was unfinished or something lol.

Reminds me of pic

lel someone made this from the same image

We all agree Furi is the best game of 2016, right?

There wasn't much competition for me, but yes it's fantastic.

Yeah but I knew it was an alt ending, I just wanted to see it.

It wiped my save and I had to redo the whole thing. Fuckers.

Yep

>mfw you get to the end and everything starts dying around you

Yes, and I wonder where the fucking competition went.

Only other game that comes close is Odin Sphere and the only game that could compete would be FFXV if it's actually good.

Second best after SMT 4 Final
This year sucked

Are you really making that question?

You should start realizing that you're a huge fuck during the Line fight, and should be absolutely certain by the time you kill the Hand
By that point I was just really curious what the fuck Rider actually did, and was honestly kind of disappointed when I realized it was just things were dying around him for no real reason

"H-hold my hand"

Well yeah you realize it from the jailers but at the same time I was thinking these guys could be lying. But when you make it to the planet you have proof they're right.

No real reason? Did you get the true ending?

Edge > Line > Hand > Burst > Scale > Chain > Song > Strap > Beat > Star

I'm almost tempted to switch to easy just to see how it fucking ends, because fuck that bit

Honestly, the first time I got there, I thought that the idea was that he was the spirit of death or something like that, and that the whole game was about people fighting the personification of death and locking it away, and then suddenly someone lets him free and he just takes everyone with him.

And then the alien thing happened and really soiled it all for me. Really wish the game just stopped after the credits and didn't have the whole Star business.

>I thought that the idea was that he was the spirit of death or something like that, and that the whole game was about people fighting the personification of death and locking it away, and then suddenly someone lets him free and he just takes everyone with him.

I had better ideas in high school creative writing class.

Wasn't he Scouting the planet for "assimilation"?

The Scale said something around the likes of "the rancid energy of yours" and "familiar corruption", i guess he was hinting to the fact that the Rider's energy is toxic to earth lifeforms.

Yeah, but im not even sure if the jailers even knew about the invasion. As far as I could tell they just locked him up because of the death aura, which I don't remember ever being properly explained
It kind of pulled me out of it when Rider was just being punished and atoning for something he had no control over whatsoever

The alien thing was a better idea?

Yes. Finished it a considerable amounts of time on Furi with a S rank.

Still can't beat Furier though. I need to git gud.

At the start of the game, I went back and saw the secret talk in the cell with the Rabbit. So when she said to wait, I wandered all the way back to see if he would say anything. By the time I got back to the fight area, she went "ah good you're staying"

I was pleased with that ending until I saw I had to go through all the other fights again. Scale I had done first time, but the Old Man and Knight kept me pinned down a bit

yep currently doing my second run, furier is crazy, im stuck on your pic related. keep dying when hes on his last life.

I wont give up though!

Nope, they knew he was an ayy lmao.

On Furier playthrough the Chain mentions "even your fucked up species"

The Voice (rabbit) tells you that the Line crash landed out of nowhere just like you.

First of all the Line outright tells you. "Look to the sky. The dot on the sun."

The Scale's area is "BAM! Wiped out in one single impact." That's the Stranger's crash landing and his corruption affected The Scale which is why he calls you his creator.

And of course the Beat is the last line of defense against the invasion. "With you our world withers and dies."

And the Voice knows exactly what he's risking by letting you out. "Why would you ever hesistate? It got me thinking. I like it. It gives me hope."

Literally the same boat as you. I walked all the way back, then back to the angel lady and got the ending. I suppose doing the first 4/5 fights again prolonged my time with the game and helped me git gud early on.

Sorry not the Line. the Strap was the one who crash landed.

"He even figured out why you were sent to us"
"Look at the sky, the dot on the sun but nobody listened to him"

"I know i can't kill you"
"Look at the sky stranger therein lies your answer"

The Line confirmed for loomynaty

Any idea why the voice was even in the jail?

The Voice is the architect. The Song is the one who forced him to stay there and build the prison for the Stranger.

"She started it all, she even had me locked up"

"The architect gave up and the father came up with a plan"

He built the place and they made him stay as a jailer
After fuck knows how long he decides he wants out, and helping you is the only way

1 of 2

I have a Manhattan-like project theory:

In a distant future where space travel and planet colonization are a thing humans found a habitable planet very far from earth and colonized it.

Fast foward to many MANY years later in a time where this civilization forgot what is their planet of origin, in a time when their planet cannot support their life anymore this civilization decides to build a spaceship and their soldiers, the Riders (human lookalikes, also you the "Stranger")

This civilization then sets out to find an habitable planet, fast foward to some time later and they stumble on our solar system.

An alien being: The Strap came on Earth searching for something but after a killing spree she got caught and restrained to contain her powers.

"The Line" and maybe some other scientists/researcers find out that an unknown object has made its way into the solar system and warns people and autorities about it, but ultimately his advice wasn't taken.

The spaceship starts sending its Riders to ceck if the worlds are habitable "The Stranger" was sent on Earth.

Here on Earth "The Stranger" 's landing caused a cataclysm that wiped out a very large chunk of people and after starting a killing spree, "The Hand" with his army tried to kill him but apparently did not succeeded, "The Stranger" has some kind of immortality or body invincibility, so he was captured.

Understanding that the danger is real and there could be more Riders people on earth build a particular "Jail" wich purpose was to crack the secret behind "The Stranger" and develloping a weapon that could destroy him.

This Jail was made to be frozen in time and the people inside it would not age, this to give the researchers inside it all the time they needed to complete the devellopment of the weapon that could kill the Riders.

"The Chain":Guardian and Torturer.
His role is to make sure that "The Stranger" wouldn't regain strenght by torturing him constantly.

"The Strap":Subject.
Was moved to this Jail to be researched on.

"The Line": Researcher

"The Scale": Researcher

"The Hand": Guardian
He came into the Jail with his son

"The Song": Guardian / Overseer

"The Voice": "Jail" Architect and Researcher
Aka the bunny man

"The Burst": Guardian and Researcher

"The Edge": Guardian

"The Beat": Prototype weapon maintenance and later Guardian

After who knows how many years completely isolated by the world "The Scale" went crazy after an iincident while working on the weapon (you can see that his stage was different whiule in the v), "The Voice" wanted disperately to get out and meet his daughter again and after trying to escape "The Song" told everyone to treat him like a prisoner, "The Burst" started treating everything like a game and alone "The Line" decided to stop the research.

At this point the game starts, "The Voice" breaks you out because he wants to get out himself and see his daughter again even if it means the end of the world.