Any tips regarding augmentation/early game choices? i'm about to start this

Any tips regarding augmentation/early game choices? i'm about to start this

Upgrade swimming, it's surprisingly useful

low tech actually leads up to the strongest weapon in the game

t. Bob Page

I'd say hacking is essential, but basically everything is up to your playstyle. You'll figure it out yourself

Only one level in hacking is really essential.

And even then you can play the entire game without it.

My tip is don't bother, game is overhyped, it does nothing interesting other than present branching paths in levels according to your skills.

only put points into swimming and environmental resistance
a gep gun might be useful

just played it for the first timeand it was incredibly fun

upset?

i'll hold your hand user just don't be so upset

Level up Computers once so you can hack. Low-Tech and Pistols are good in the early game because you won't see enough rifles to have ammo for a little while.

The first level is notoriously frustrating for some new players because you start the game underpowered and a few mechanics like stealth and accuracy take some getting used to.

GEP with the GEP gun.

Honestly just taking the course of your playthrough and feeling out what you want to augment is half the fun of this game, dont spoil that shit

the whole point of playing for the first time is to fuck up
makes finding shortcuts and killwords much more satisfying on the second run

Shut your whiny asshole and play through the entire Liberty Island, that level is basically the fucking tutorial and is mysteriously anti-normie and a casual-killer.

laputan machine

it's not hard so it doesn't really matter. go with what feels right/fun

legs is the one thing you should definitely get imo

Liberty Island is notoriously frustrating because everyone always felt the autistic need to do a full sweep. It's actually pretty fast to run through if you go in with the goal of getting shit done instead of taking a scenic stroll around the statue to prod everybody (UNATCO just does a clean sweep and shoots everybody that way though. STICK WITH THE PROD, JC)

>le contrarian

What a shame.

My advice would be to play with some annoyance removing mods but apparently every and each one of them is tied to game-changing features so just play the fucking thing as is for the first time.
It doesn't really even matter where you put your points, game is beatable even if you don't.

First playthough should be blind vanilla.
Kill yourself.

You'll want hacking if you want to know what's going on, op

Stick with the prod.

You mad or something?

Swimming :^)

I meant shit like automatically picking up ammo without having to unload every individual crossbow in a corpse each time, simple creature comfort stuff.

>save your brother

fun fact: if you block gunther's exit from his cell in the first mission he says you did it on purpose and turns hostile

Level up explosives and low tech, don't invest anything into environmental training or swimming. Make sure you get microfibral muscle so you can btfo doors and and avoid robots.

Press escape while lockpicking.

Oh, nea-
>Gunther is always invincible outside of the story fight
Fucking hell.

you can only block him with heavy iron crates and he eventually breaks through those
it was still funny as hell to hear him comment on it because it's obviously a thing no-one would ever do in a normal gameplay

sometimes Cred Forums is alright