I need dust, and this card looks pretty shitty, should i let it go ?

I need dust, and this card looks pretty shitty, should i let it go ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYh7cJAzHR4
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
youtube.com/watch?v=oyUluO-1vwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It looks good to me

>not wanting to counter mill and draw milhouses at crucial moments
what are you, casul?

Can you actually turn the single player cards to dust though?

>ever dusting potentially fun cards

i need it so bad though, and all of the new cards are amazing
yes

it's a decent card if you're not running a meta memedeck, especially against fatigue and mill decks.

>mill
Bitch please

>warlock has massive board advantage over me
>malch gave me new deathwing, chromaggus and chillmaw
>play DW
>warlock siphons it
>summons CM
>board wipes
>win game

>I need dust

No. You need love.

Imagine if they ever put real mill cards in Hearthstone.

What cards do you need dust "badly" for? Just get gud and farm packs like the rest of us.

It's shit.
It's a 5 mana 5/6 that makes your deck less consistent.

It's really bad unless you want to meme.
It's the special kind of bad to that will fuck you over just for putting it in your deck.
But really you should dust Hearthstone so you can play a better CCG

>so you can play a better CCG
I'll switch as soon an online CCG with a decent client gets made.

>But really you should dust Hearthstone so you can play a better CCG

Best advice.

I switched to Duels and it's blowing my mind how much better it is, even with horrible bugs and tiny playerbase. The core game is just a hundred times more interesting and I'm constantly running into decks I've never seen before. I swear there's like 50 different decks running at max rank.

Don't dust adventure legendaries you cuck.

Except for Maexxna.

Is the Welcome Bundle worth getting? I'm wondering about the chances of getting a class legendary that I'll actually use.

I'd rather have two extra Maexxna in my deck than a Prince.

There are 9 classes, how many do you play?

Its a 5 mana 5/6 that makes your deck less f2p.

>muh deck consistency
nice netdeck, shitter.

Except it doesn't? Your chances of getting a good legendary are pretty low, while your chances of drawing a 9 mana card on turn 2 and destroying your curve are much higher.
People have a huge hard-on for legendaries but the majority of them kind of suck, and making your deck size bigger is not a good idea except in niche circumstances.

What if I run a fatigue warrior with Reno (and some duplicate cards, because I expect to last long enough to play it)?

Only shit class leggos in Basic are Velen and 3/5, so that's seven usables out of nine.

Not being complete trash at the game doesn't equal netdecking. Though admittedly the two often go hand in hand.

So you have no idea how card games work? Good to know. Have fun drawing millhouse instead of removal when you need it.

They're all except Krush and Velen. 10 packs is still worth it for that price tho

Any Shadowverse players here? I was hoping to see some discussion outside /vg/ once the Steam version releases

Even in faitgue it's somewhat questionable; you need answers when you play a reactive deck, and having 5 random legendaries lowers your chance of drawing said answers. It's really only good in a fatigue v control/fatigue war.
>Blizzard prints another sideboard card in a game with no sideboards

I'm getting more wins with mach in my deck than not having him. particularly against fatigue decks like armor warrior, meme priests, and reno locks.

>RNGstone
>Ever pulling anything you need

Even netdecking trash exists though.

I love Shadowverse. I abandoned HS for it and never looked back, greatest decision of my life. I'm really excited to see what the new expansion brings

It's fun in Tavern Brawls.

WIIIINDS is way better than Krush what are you talking about.

>Anime tits game with censored tits

Literally why

Well yeah, that's the only thing he's good against.
But even then you might not realize when playing him costs you the game. It's easy to see when he wins you the game, but it's a little harder to see how he loses you games unless you specifically topdeck a random legendary when you were hoping to topdeck something to save you.

I don't like anime games, nor games where every class has a too different ruleset to them.
Playing Elder Scrolls Legends right now, its okay.

Forgot about Krush, my bad.

These just look like unfun uninteractive cards.

It's a fun card, not sure if it's actually good. Maybe in a fatigue meta.

t. Ben Brode

Isabelle's cleavage was tier 1 in the west, they had to nerf it.
You're talking about a game where counterspells exist. You can interact with every card somehow except split-second cards.

It interacts with your anus quite fine

It could be very fun in Reno decks if you're looking for adventure. Keep.

Ben please.

>haha look at my over the top cards balanced for bigger decks and different ways to counter spells, shitty kiddie hearthstoners with their different game which is different haha :D

>his or her

>Over the top
>those
Please, while those are strong for mill cards that's not even close to over the top.

>Tavern brawls where people make their own decks

The worst

I've had a few situations where I draw a leggo I don't need, but the rest of my deck usually gives me something to compensate the next turn. the only thing I ever really struggle against is aggro, but that's because I play a mid-range removal bait/control style deck.

Nigger, these cards do NOT fit in smaller games. You are like a moron boasting that Football Manager has more attributes per character than Baldurs Gate.

>different game which is different
Yeah, 1 hp cards are actually useful in MTG

Its 5 bucks for 10 classic packs and a random class leg. Pretty good value if you're just starting out.

Also there's like 7 good class legendaries in classic, so the odds are with you.

1 hp are very strong in Hearthstone, shows how much you know.
This one card has never not been among the most played, since the game came out.

Did I ever say it did? I don't think I did.
That being said Hearthstone could have direct mill cards, it wouldn't kill the game. It could also have decent 10-mana cards besides a literal coinflip

How do you explain Dr.7 then? Checkmate.

Dies to Ghoul

Yure Yure retard. Smwaclezzr us one of the best cards th I'd xoansion. Hunk f hum as ptifggterr with a coo effect

>coinflip
>singular

nigga pls

no one uses loot hoarder anymore you fuckin loser

Half the decks in the game currently use hoarder, dummy.

Plus, mill has never been close to viable in MtG. If your opponent's playing mill, it just means you got a free win.

There's like five 1-health creatures in all of HS that are not compete shit, and they are only usable because they have an ability that gives you a card (or something equivalent to a card) for free, and the body is just a bonus. Anything else is invalidated completely by half the classes having a way to deal one damage with their hero power.

How's rank 15 going?

Welp. Nice to see you admitting 1 health minions are useful after all.

And getting your opponent to spend 2 mana on his hero power on turn 2 is a pretty good effect also.

>2/9=50%

How is MTG Duels on steam

You seem like you know your shit

>Plus, mill has never been close to viable in MtG. If your opponent's playing mill, it just means you got a free win.

It was, back when the original mill cards were designed (such as Millstone, the card that gave the concept of "milling" its name). The reason is that back then, Magic was played with 40-card decks, not 60. It's true, look it up. Somewhere in late 90's they decided to raise the minimum deck size to 60 cards, and all mill cards immediately turned to shit.

In draft, mill is still a valid way to win in some formats, 'cause draft decks are still 40, like in the beginning all decks were.

That's fair.
But at the end of the day Yogg is just one really big coinflip made up of multiple smaller coinflips.
>The devs want the game to be taken seriously as a competitive game and then make cards like Yogg

Mage, Rogue, Druid. Thats like half.

Plus, if things really were are you're describing, changing Leper Gnome from 2/1 to 1/1 would not have had any effect - but in reality it moved it from "in every face deck" category to trash.

Mage, Druid, Rogue and Paladin. 4/9.

how many times does 3 go into 9?

>ever dusting anything in favour of anti-fun "meta" cards

Coinflip is something with two outcomes that have same probabilities. Yogg is anything but that. It's not proper to call it coinflip. Call it coil fiest if you wish, call it cancer, just not coinflip.

>Enemy drops a Yogg
>It turns itself into a chicken and wipes the already-empty board

Paladin has a HORRIBLE time doing 1 damage.

two?

>Buffs entire enemy board for +2/+2 before executing itself

>coil fiest
Meant to write clown fiesta. Fuck.

Half of the classes worth playing

>In draft, mill is still a valid way to win in some formats, 'cause draft decks are still 40, like in the beginning all decks were.

"Some formats" includes the current one. Two castings of Startled Awake = game over.

>Not running 2 elven archers and 2 ironforge riflemen in every paladin deck

How's rank 25 been going for you?

The only class not worth playing is priest.

the first time i played yogg it fucking naturalised itself to start everything off
never again

Yeay or nay?

>playing wild

When is HS going to introduce flip cards?

Why play Wild if your only Wild card is Boom?

they would be too good considering hearthstone doesn't utilize a "graveyard" space.

Speaking on behalf of my YGO knowledge, I have no idea if MTG uses one.

>Lost to this in draft because for some reason I thought Angelic Purge was instant and only realized my mistake after I ended my turn
What a horrible mistake

Is it okay to dust a golden flame leviathan? i've literally never used it in any deck.

when should a f2p newbie stop buying classic packs? I mostly get dust every pack now but am still missing some essential rare cards like Azure Drake

I just noticed this.

Replacement for Boom?

Yogg?

Do you need the dust right now?

I would never disenchant a card otherwise. And I opened a golden bolf ramshield.

not him, but am i just as well off to dust my wild legendaries at this point?

You can easily boil yogg down to a coinflip.

Was the outcome positive or negative for you when you play it?

Sure, he has many different things that can happen during his play, but overall, you are looking to be in a better state than you were.

Thus, you play him and he either sets you better or worse off, hopefully better, but are you saying I'm wrong to think that's the case?

Van Cleef

You either failed to read or ignored an important part of my post:

>same probabilities

>opponent plays yogg
>astral communion
>tree of life
>somehow summons majordormo
>twisting nether
>pyroblast to opponent's face
>YOU WILL PERISH IN FLAMES

Either Yogg or maybe an Arcane golem?

Also I'd switch the cutpurses for tomb pillagers. I used to run one in a meme rogue deck but it always dies.

I don't know how the card works.
Do you need to have him in your hand to make him work or does he always do that legendary shuffle?

the anti mill is so prevalent in magic so its not a problem

Rate my dick.

Yea I noticed its freaking hard to get even 1 coin a lot of the time.

MTG has graveyard and exile (which is effectively a double-graveyard)

It's not a coinflip, it's a fucking d10 minimum

The first time I got the Yogg effect was in Arena, I got Servant of Yogg Saron and it soulfired itself, discarding my next turn play Boulderfist Ogre.

Always does. If you put him in that recent brawl that builds a deck with 10 copies of each of 3 cards, it puts 50 legendaries into your deck at start of the game.

He also never puts duplicates into your decks, nor class-specific legos from other classes.

It's decent, not every card is available, so the overall power of cards (especially removal) is a bit lower than you might expect. The priority system is simplified, so some interactions flat out don't work (can't use spells or abilites on your opponents turn until they do something, or move to attack phase)

The card limits are a little different as well, instead of having a limit of 4 copies of the same card, you get 3 if it's uncommon, 2 if it's rare, and 1 if it's mythic. It makes pay2win not as much of a thing.

It's good to play a game here and there, and the card pool is big enough to get creative with deck building. If you're looking to get serious into magic it's a little watered down though

It's funny how Anti mill exists like it does when Mill hasn't been viable in over 10 years.

How is that working for you? I don't like hunter so I never play it but it looks like you have so many deathrattles that your N'Zoth turn will be way too random.

Every time you start a game with him in your deck, he shuffles 5 random leggos (that are NOT duplicates of ones in your deck) into your deck. You get to see which legends were added, your opponent does not.

When you actually draw him, he's just a 5/6 with no abilities.

you relies the antimill is what made it not viable?

>You get to see which legends were added, your opponent does not.
Oh shit. I didn't know this. Using the history thing to the left of board, right?

The N'Zoth is anti-brawl or anti-equality combo.
Its a way to return on the board, rather than a win condition.
I win with Call of the Wild and gradual damage.

Oh, and normally Highmane/Sylvanas get hexed/polymorphed/entombed and so on.
The deck is so-so, does fine. I don't like all out aggro, so its the only way I can play hunter.
The change I am considering is removing the bow and secrets for some more cheap minions, maybe even loot hoarders, and that one card that gives deathrattle minions bonus stats.

>you relies the antimill is what made it not viable?

No. 60 card decks is what made it unviable.

Like posted at , original mill cards were balanced around 40 card decks, and later mill cards were balanced around the originals. You simply can't kill them fast enough by milling in Constructed (not counting combos that mill the whole deck in one go, like the Helm of Obedience combo).

Most annoying deck

maybe in the days of Glimpse the Unthinkable, but we don't have strong enough Mill as is to make the deck work.

The big issue is the control shell has been ass for years, and without cards that can control the board well Mill can't work.

Mind you we are about to get one of the best control wraiths we have seen in years in the next set, it also comes with a brand new artifact anti mill card so fuck Mill again I guess.

What is face shaman?

Not him but what's wrong with wild? I pretty much botted all the cards in the game so why not take advantage of it?

Worgen.

>arcane giant - charge - faceless

Huh, well played.

>Needing creatures to win

What is Fatigue Anything.

I'll gladly play against a hundred face decks rather than face a single fat warrior, fat priest, fat druid, fat fucking hunter.

That's just 20. Those Worgen assholes deal 32 and even more.

How likely is it to be able to cast this?

And its banned im assuming? Dunno how the system for cards work in MTG when they get no expansions ect

Why am I so bad at pic related boys.

I used to love playing control priest pre TGT and I thought this deck would be perfect for me since there are so many combos, but I just end up getting raped in every game. Every game of mine boils up to a huge violet teacher combo and then I get fucked over by the second AOE and lose the game. The other thing I'm pissed about is that Fandral is underperforming even though I lucked out a golden pull.
The moment you're sure enough you've accumulated enough experience in the game to get 3+ games in arena. Casually watch memestreams on the side to see how "pros" think while playing.

>hearthstone will never have grind
>mtg will never do grind again
Fucking grind is so good

No Forlorn Stalker/10

Looks like a pretty weak card since it would be so difficult to build a deck that lets you cast it and not die come turn 10.

Do I remove the secrets to add 2 loot hoaders and a stalker?

Also I just used the heartpwn deck builder since I only play the game when I'm commuting.

Casting it is trivial. Activating it is "haha, good luck fucker" tier impossible.

Is this real? Only 5 mana and Mills half a deck?

Yes

5 generic mana is super easy to get. You could cast it as early as turn 1 with the right deck.

Now 2 of each colored mana is where it becomes hard. And the fact that it comes into play tapped means unless you can untap it somehow, you can't use it until your next turn.

Overall it's very weak and wouldn't get banned in any format.

>Fatigue hunter

H-HOW?!

You guys know what I just realised that I want? Or maybe not realised, but remembered thinking it when HS was knew.

HS would be 100 times more fun if it didn't have classes and instead of 1 hero power, you had at least four (Lesser Heal, Fire Blast, Life Tap, Arrow Shot). Would make the game more strategic and fun.

>people still fucking complaining about mill in MtG

How is it possible to be so bad? "Oh fuck my opponent is burning me in a resource that I have 60 of, instead of a resource I only have 20 of! This is so broken!" Fucking seriously

It's a shit card, artifact destruction completely trumps it, not to mention needing a five color deck and 10 mana to cast it

>Dunno how the system for cards work in MTG when they get no expansions ect

MTG gets a new card set about every 4 months

Thing is for 5 mana you can never ever win with it

The further into the game you are the worse it gets.

And unlike most of Hearthstone Graveyards in MTG can be thought of as a special hand. Meaning it can be bad to fill your opponents grave.

Now if this milled 30 cards flat. It would be amazing, but it simply mills half of the current deck.

They really need a brawl like that, where you can build a deck out of any cards without class restrictions, just to show fags like you how much of a shitshow it would become.

I don't see anyone complaining, thread is full of people lamenting that mill hasn't been viable in like 20 years.

>unless you can untap it somehow
Plenty of cards untap

It would probably be much better than regular HS.

It would be even less varied.

ok, so now you've spent 6 mana and still need to pay WWUUBBRRGG, that card did nothing

>Argent Horserider
>Bloodmage Thalnos
>Argent Squire
>Twilight Drake
>Twilight Whelp
>Druid of the Saber
>Jeweled Scarab
>Bilefin Tidehunter
>Abusive Sergeant
>Fiery Bat
>Posessed Villager
>Loot Hoarder
>Discipline of Chutun
>Twilight Summoner
>Reliquary Seeker
And these are just the decent ones, there are plenty of mediocore ones too that aren't complete shit

yeah, but now you're asking for a bit more.

Not only do you need 15 mana to play and use the Door, you also need more mana to untap the door and all the cards to do so.

I'm just saying that's something else you typically want that makes it worse still.

Yogg either does things that cause you to win or does things that cause you to lose.

Happy now?

>Abusive Sergeant

I hate this card

Thalnos is my boy though

has solid removal, reno is viable with hunter, yogg

its an ok deck and kinda fun, but its really only maybe a tier 3 deck

So you need some infinite mana combo, the door, and amulet in play.

I'm not saying it can't be done. I have a commander deck built around doing it. But it's too difficult/inconsistent for any commpettive deck.

fuck your door

Bruh, if a card could do this for life, everybody would play it.

>infinite mana combo
If you're running fucking 5-color, you already have it

no they wouldn't, you're paying 3 mana for Shock every turn and will be dead before you can do 10 damage with it

5 mana decks are inconsistent.

I don't know what you want me to say?

That the deck is strong? No it's not and it never will be.

How would that even be possible

Is his allowed?

How do you even stop it? Counter spell or something?

Play Channel, pay 31 life (you have 32 because you started with Providence in your starting hand and played Nourish with Lotus Petal on turn one), play Door, play Gemstone Array, play Dream's Grip, activate Door. Easy as fuck turn two kill combo that only requires an exact specific starting hand, shitloads of cards that do nothing useful by themselves, and is countered by any direct damage, counterspell, bounce, artifact destruction, or Magic cards. Obvious tier 1 deck, I have no idea why everyone isn't running this.

you make a very big deck with as many ways to dig for enchantments as you can (spoiler: it's not a viable deck)

Your handsize isn't limited to 60 cards is how.

Why wouldn't it be allowed? It's an incredibly shitty card.

Decks have no maximum size, only minimum. Only rule is "you must be able to shuffle it unassisted"

Stifle
Erase

>gives you a 5 card advantage over anyone else not running it
>shitty

yeah dust it, you are dumb as fuck anyway, no harm no foul

you don't understand what card advantage is

>Only rule is "you must be able to shuffle it unassisted"

Pretty sure if someone actually showed up at a tournament with a Battle of Wits deck, the judge would ask him to leave because he can't shuffle his deck in a sane amount of time.

Those are 5 more cards in your deck that can get in the way of essential cards

There's also the, "he didn't draw any fucking tutors in a 200 card deck and therefore couldn't even get his win condition before getting stomped by actual decks"

That's not what card advantage is

>Pretty sure if someone actually showed up at a tournament with a Battle of Wits deck, the judge would ask him to leave because he can't shuffle his deck in a sane amount of time.
Actually it's not that difficult to shuffle

Prove it

Consistancy is more important that the amount of cards. There is a reason why in Magic, even with unlimited amount of cards in a deck, people only play 60 cards.

No you can shuffle the battle of wits deck. Going beyond that is when it gets dicey.

Half the top game streams on Niconico are Shadowverse streams these days, fuck that game.

Split it in three different piles and start shuffling

goes to show what the retards on Cred Forums know

loot hoarder has risen dramatically in use because of the nnzoth deathrattle synergy. If it trades then its generates card advantage. If your opponent has to spend a turn hero powering it, it gives you time to contest board allowing you to comfortably go into the mid game. I play loot hoarder / nnzzoth in about 7 of my decks. None of them meta and I'm currently at rank 6

Malchezar is fun but competitive is a coin toss. I play him in a fatigure warrior. Throw in some dragons for dragon synergy and the karazhan 2 mana discover a dragon, who is surprisingly overpowered. After that fill the rest of the deck with removal and you've got a fun ass tier 2 deck

even the shitty new cards in MTG blow away Hearthstone players minds.

"cards I can do something at any time with?" "ACTIVATED ABILITES???"

how is it good in mill you just make it more inconsistant to draw your mill cards

You win this round

youtube.com/watch?v=pYh7cJAzHR4

That's not sufficient randomization. You need to be able to shuffle the piles together.

you can only activate planeswalker abilities as a sorcery

There is no actual rules about the shuffling. The only rule is "the deck should be random with a random order unknown to both players". Any type of shuffling work.

He said AGAINST mill.

>Those towering decks

Mother of god...

>That's not sufficient randomization. You need to be able to shuffle the piles together.
t. Failed Judge

Nissa is so fucking retarded, when will she die?

That's because it's a good game.

i'm aware faggot. my point is that even basic shit in magic is far too complex for Hearthstone kids.

in hearthstone you can boil everything down to value racing, because nothing surprising can possibly happen.

>There is no actual rules about the shuffling.

There are tournament rules, which are separate from rules of Magic. If you play in a tournament, you need to adhere to both.

An example of a tournament rule is the time limit. Magic rules establish no such thing, play for a year if you want to. In a tournament it's strict 50 minutes for three matches, and no stalling or slow play allowed.

I thought you couldn't dust Adventure cards. That would make no fucking sense since that is the only time you'll be able to get it unless you craft it with dust, which you can't do with adventure cards.

Splitting your giant pile of cards into multiple piles and shuffling each pile individually is NOT valid randomization, unless you end by shuffling the piles together. Putting the piles on top of each other is not enough. This is because cards cannot move from one pile to another, and for all we know, you put all your Battles in the topmost pile.

>Complex for heathstone players
My only exposure to MTG is the planeswalker pc game

I'm too much off a pussy to buy or try out the actual card game at a store because im 27.

Hearthstone is a different game than Magic. Surprise.

No mill is not viable, antimill or not. It doesn't interact at all with the board so at best it's like playing a burn deck where your opponent's life is 53 instead of 20. At worst you outright help an opponent who has some graveyard interaction.

didnt know there were so many shieldbearers on Cred Forums

Except that outside of Paladin, nobody runs N'zoth in competitive deck as it is far too slow and weak to board wipe.

When all the druids and shammies and warriors exist, N'zoth has no place.

Except secrets?

You can dust and craft adventure cards who are off standard.

>I'm too much off a pussy to buy or try out the actual card game at a store

Good. Magic isn't worth getting into unless you're a literal billionaire. It's a hundred times more expensive than any other non-gambling game that I know of.

It's a great game, I love it, but fuck, the average price of a tournament deck should not be $800.

Theres a f2p magic on steam

It also mostly boils down to "whoever has the most expensive deck wins" since there's no meaningful interactions

You literally don't know even the basics of not just Hearthstone, but card games in general. You're probably still trying to beat Milhouse in the tutorial.

Not really. Deck value for the best decks right now is extremely low.

In Magic, a good deck is in the 200-300 easy. In Hearthstone, it's 5-10$ worth of cards for tournament level games.

>being this mad that an anonymous person on the internet is better at 1 single card game than you are

those aren't surprises there are only so many viable secrets and they are all tied to specific classes.

nigger, for the longest time the Red deck smashed the fuck out of the other decks for weeks into rotation, and costed you 2 nickles.

Here' how card advantage works. I'll break it down for you real good:
Card advantage only counts cards you can actively make use of. So cards in your hand and in play.
Having a smaller deck size is better because it lets you be more consistent. Malchezar not only makes your deck less consistent, but he adds random cards to your deck. So that means instead of curving out or drawing your answers you get to draw expensive shit you can't play yet or cards like millhouse.
>most expensive deck
That's not how that works.
A 30 legendary deck is the most expensive deck and it sucks dick.

Just getting into MTG.

Whats a good deck type for beginners?

>It also mostly boils down to "whoever has the most expensive deck wins" since there's no meaningful interactions

U/R Delver is a pretty cheap deck and is tournament viable

>implying i am going to let a shieldbearer lecture me

never mind, you've been demoted from shieldbearer to angry chicken

great, and in hearthstone i'm playing a deck less complex than a draft deck in MTG, and its "top of the line"

what fun, here's my value creatures with ETB's or on Death triggers.

its like i'm actually playing single block pauper!

>5 mana: Every turn, Choose One; summon a 5/5 with charge that dies at the start of your next turn or gain a Mana Crystal this turn only

This card would be completely ridiculous if it was in HS and you know it.

You're not. You're a fucking idiot. You don't know what card advantage means (hint: it's NOT cards in your fucking deck, it's cards in your HAND), you don't understand the value of consistency, and when people blow you out, all you can say is "s-s-s-shieldbearers!".

27 is rather young for a magic player. I'm 26 and most the people who play the game I know are older than me.

Aggro/midrange decks. Just buy a starter deck that fits those archetpyes and build from there.
Yeah yeah you're a masterful troll, we get it. Here's another (you) to feed your addiction.

You seem to not like Hearthstone, why are you coming in a hearthstone thread?

face hunter was destroying everything for a while, and that only had 1 epic, a couple of rares and commons/class cards

>anyone who doesn't like my absolutely retarded MTG advice that doesn't apply to hearthstone is a troll!

Leyline/Helm is still vintage viable to this very day.

Any deck that can effectively run sylvanas and chillmaw can viably run nzzoth

Secrets are really easy to guess half the time, you only play vaporize when there's a single high attack minion, and you only play explosive trap when the board is full with low health minions etc.

>Just getting into MTG.
>Whats a good deck type for beginners?

A good deck is the deck you can afford. Magic is an expensive as fuck game.

Tell whether you're playing with real cards, Modo or Duels, and if one of the first two, which format you're heading into (Standard I assume because that's where newbies usually go, but if you're playing with IRL friends you should try to enter whatever format they play the most).

If it's Duels, what deck you should make really depends on what cards you pull from your first dozen packs or so. You should aim for the deck that's possible for you to build.

Look up Tolarian Community College on youtube. The guy has made a ton of videos with good advice for newbies.

To be fair, most planeswalkers are kind of ridiculous in Magic too. They're intentionally designed to be "get this shit off the board or else" type cards.

Okay so it looks like you were going for the normal yogg token drudi but then got distracted and stupid.

Cenarius is a dead drop, you're never going to use him. He is a win more card.

You need either 2 feral rages or 2 moonglade portals, 1 of one of them will not suffice.

Fandral should only be played when you can get some serious value off of him, like wrath, raven idol, nourish, or feral rage. A raven idol fandral is one of the strongest things. But you gotta use him smartly because he is a #1 priority for your opponent to remove. Use him if you are okay with losing him, cause he won't stick if the opponent can help it.

Your goal is pretty simple: between roots and wrath you've got the ability to clean the board real efficiently, while also ramping with wild growth.

You really don't actually want the thalnos, he's a great card but you've already got enough dmg on your spells and extra poking via hero power that you shouldn't need it. I'd cut him and either get another ancient of war or replace them with arcane giants, your choice. The giants give you an alternative win condition, because while the violet + PoW combo is cool, it's really easy for opponents to remove board with stuff like maelstrom, revenge, FS, what have you.

Mire Keeper should be used to ramp unless you really need to take back the board.

This. It kills turn 3, beats almost every anti mill card, and runs massive disruption out the ass.

there are a few cards in MtG that have the secondary effect Emrakul has that counters mill pretty hard

Sure, but Hearthstone is a casual tablet game. It's not meant to be really heavy like Pokemon

Red Deck Wins

damn, that has to be worth a shitload

Really liked Shadowverse, but the boosters are too expensive where I live, hoping that when it launches on Steam, the price will be cheaper

Helm combo deck is only mill in the most technical sense though. It's a combo deck whose win condition just happens to involve milling opponent's whole deck in one turn.

Goblin guide >>>>>>>>>>>>> Vexing Devil

My nigga

>mfw people always gave me shit for running 4 of these in my burn deck because "it's a bad card since your opponent chooses"
>suddenly a top deck uses it and wins a major tournament
>now everyone talks about how this card was so underrated why didn't anyone run it when they were the ones saying it was bad

Are you from fucking 2014? You can't afford to use hero power in first few turns unless you're warrior or rogue, you will just lose shitton of tempo. "1 hp minions are bad because of pings" is the most retarded argument ever.

THISVexing Devil is always the worst card for the situation, a slightly more effective bolt to the face at best and dead weight when you're trying to close out the game at worst.

It probably is. It's one of the rarest missprint out there from what I heard.

>4 damage to the face or a 4/3 for 1 mana
>worst card
Nigguh

In any situation where Vexing Devil is dead weight, Goblin Guide will be more dead weight.

You did not look at the mana cost, did you?

any time mill has BEEN viable it has had key cards banned, because Wizards HATES mill wins with a passion.

You've never tried to use the card, have you?

Not in a competitive setting, no. I play Black.

Just grind for them, the game is pretty generous

>Wizards hates mill
>Continues to put mill cards in the game

panharmonicon got printed
>take 8 or let me have this creature

Burn cards are great but nothing is better than killing your own guys off.

That already slows down your deck a ton because you're putting in a 7mp and a 10mp card that do nothing on the turn they're dropped and have specific requirements.

Now you're required to play 2 azure drakes to activate the chillmaw, which while they're amazing cards, don't belong in everything. Sure you can use him and try to bluff the opponent, but it's not that useful as a bluff.

So basically your deck already has two 5's, a 6, a 7, and a 10. That's 1/6 of your deck right there as ass end of the curve cards. This means your deck is gonna be slow. This means you're gonna be forced to do either dragon paladin/priest or the dragon control warrior variant. However you'll need early game cards, other dragon synergistic cards, removal, and heals in order to let you stay in the game.

So that means a minimum of 4 removal cards (eq+something, death,pain,entomb, shield slam, exe) 2-4 AoE, 2-4 heals/armors. Preferably at least 2 1 drops, 2 drops, 3 drops, and 4 drops, 1-2 win condition drops. Card draw because turn 5 draw 1 card is not enough. Yogg because god knows every fucking control/slow deck runs yogg now.

Those 6 cards eat up your deckspace and fuck your curve like no other. Not to mention that deathrattles are very reactive cards where aggro shaman and dragon warriors steamroll any subpar reactive deck in the first 4 turns decks cry and all the druid decks make any other reactive deck look like baby garbage.

N'zoth is too slow and requires too many cards to build around, it is not good at the moment.

Tabletop and sealed deck are the best ways to play magic. Anyone going to prerelease events this weekend?

>any time mill has BEEN viable it has had key cards banned, because Wizards HATES mill wins with a passion.
Mill has never been viable

i always lurk these threads just for the eventual FOW hijack

>mfw I cant win the second tutorial fight in magic duels with this fucking white deck it gave me

Im flooding the board but its got stronger fucking monsters. Fuck this harpy

Am I doing it wrong? Do I just keep going for the face and hope for the best?

Yes but it's way better to have the Guide up beating ass in turn 1 than it is to bolt someone for 4, nobody in their right mind will let you have that 4/3 until they have board advantage. By the a guide will have at least plinked for 4, if you have good control you'll get even more value.

Oh, so fandral but slightly less scary?

Same here dude. Playing control Bloodcraft takes easily more strategy and good decision making then ANYTHING hearthstone has ever required.

Turns out things are much more fun when you don't just fight aggro and auto-lose to RNG you can't do anything about.

The art is so great bruh.

not really, there's already tons of cards that are just "hey you're gonna remove this or you're gonna fucking die"

Eeeeyyyy buddy how ya doin'

Panharmonicon does nothing for Vexing Devil

I heard there was going to be a digital version of this

Nevermind, realised flying is a whole thing.

Can everyone agree jeskai had the most fun and viable decks in kahns? We probably shouldn't be on Cred Forums right now.

He's right, though after you shuffle the piles it's simple to just mesh them together and end with your 400 card deck mostly shuffled.

Mill is a meme that deserves to be eradicated.

Well it plays like Magic and Hearthstone, so I dont see why not. But I can imagine the "respond" timer will be short otherwise it will get annoying. "Attack, Cast, Cast, Attack, attack, Cast"

This is a pretty good foundation. I wish viable mill was real...

"Mostly shuffled" isn't good enough for tournament play.

One thing I love about Magic that Hearthstone is basically completely and utterly lacking is the strong flavor aspect. Some cards are so cool because of it.

there is
it's unstable as shit ( i assume) and it's p2p with having to enter your opponent's ip and everything but it exists right now

Hello?

It is.

>you will never make your own TCG

>Play duels.
>Everybody runs with two of these.
>mfw barely any cards to remove enchantments.

Just another reason to uninstall this shit game.

Chains of Mephistopheles then. That also works.
Also Eggs/Sunny Side frenqutly runs a mill win option.
Stasis ran a mill option as well.

Either way it's "viable", in broken combo decks. Mill cards nowadays would need to be super efficient, or have built in trigger stifles on conclusion.

Is it me you are looking for?

>Liliana bullies Garruk.
>When he finally does come back Jace will pull some shit out of his ass about how she dindu nuffin.
>Garruk will die or get sent off somewhere else.

No, it isn't.

But fuck, I don't need to convince you. This isn't a debating matter. Put your BoW deck together and enter a PTQ with it. See what happens. If they don't kick you out, fuck, good for you.

Whos stopping you?

Yeah and I got VELEN

FUCK

who /commander/ here?

I would give my entire collection to see him kill Liliana. Garruk is hands down the most bro character in all of magic.

>REALLY get into DoTP long time ago when it first goes to XBL store
>love them and buy ever duels+ DLC since
>hear about how theyre going to discontinue DoTP and instead focus on Magic Duels
>get really excited at the thought of having all the fun of DoTP but with the card pool of MTGO
>game finally comes out
>what the fuck is this shit??"
>literally just a bunch of shitty uncommons even a dribbling retard wouldnt put into his deck
>have to wait for 3+ expansions just for the card pool to be even half decent
>still dont get to play amazing staple bombs like Emrakul
>cant replicate any competitive decks like affinity or bant collected company
>Wizards actively trying to guide the game balance by adding/removing cards instead of giving players full reign and letting TCG nature take its course
>can barely make any Tribal decks work and almost entire Khans of Takir+Theros/BoG sets are missing but for some reason we got SOME of the sets
>still just as expensive as MTGO or the TCG if your not willing to spend 30 minutes a day farming the computer with fast decks
>my
>fucking
>face
>when

how could it have all gone so wrong?

>10 packs is still worth it for that price tho

10 packs of Hearthstone is worth zero fucking dollars. The same as a hundred packs and a thousand packs of it.

If you buy cards, consider it a donation to a multi-billion dollar corporation. You're not getting anything for your money.

When the rest of the nuwalkers, all of whom are equally retarded, also die.

So never, because MtG thinks we want a capeshit cast of tween superheroes who are more immortal than the godwalkers of old thanks to plot armor and marketing synergy.

Whats the average profit you can get from opening a magic booster pack? Old ones included.

They didn't want Duels to be the new MTGO; Duels is completely f2p. Duels is there to coerce beginners into trying Magic and then slowly switching to paper or MTGO where they'll spend money

This is a blue board, MODS PLS BAN. RAPE ISNT OK TO POST ON BLUE BOARDS.

>tfw you draw your entire library and spend the next 10 minutes resolving until the enemy ragequits

>No medivh
>No summoner stones
>Wild growth but only 3 giant minions and only meant to be used for quick 4 mana drop or sits in your hand until 10 mana for a draw

Lelellele

BEST MTG GIMMICK DECK GO!

No it's not. Of all the cards with "you win the game" wrote on it, it's easily the best, and quite playable. Too bad shuffling takes forever and that the legacy version end up costing thousands of dollars.

You get like 3 boosters a day

That deck sucks, but your thoughts are even worse.

Is this life at rank 25?

Dredge

I said it earlier in the thread, jeskai stack abuse.

Please visit our Dev thread to know how to make it

I meant Modern, not Legacy obv

A recent one: Cat Pact

>there are other games stealing the tap effect from MTG

embarrassing

Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage

I really like Ally but fucking wizards doesnt know what the fuck to do with them

Cohort,Converge and Support were all hilariously shit and WoTC should be embarrassed.

might work but what are the chances of even drawing into that combo?

I would rather play Donate + Illusion of Grandeur

Which cards ? No mill card were ever banned during the whole history of standard and there's no mill card in both the modern and legacy ban list.

It's a 2 card combo. It's about as hard to pull off as Splinter Twin was.

RIP

Sphinx's tutelage was such a ridiculous fucking card.

why in the ever living fuck did they decide to print that shit?

Never dust a legendary, let alone a fun one.

>No mill card were ever banned during the whole history of standard
He probably thinks JtMS is a mill card because of his Ult

The cat pact deck is actually a viable deck in standard right now.
Of course you have like a week or two left to play it before demonic pact rotates but whatever.

Dredge

>not posting the unset sequel

i don't know all the un cards, pls share

Help, I don't even know which to buy

There's an un-card where the female chimp is pregnant

Its one of the best Control Warrior cards right now

This is amazing. Rosewater is the best...

The three on the left are 33% "Off" aka they only cost 100 coins for now.

Next un-set fucking when??
I wanna see some joke planeswalkers

What does tap/untap mean?

Origins>Innistrad>EldritchMoon>BfZ>OtG

Origins is great for a base and starting point.
DO NOT get Eldritch if you dont already own like 50% of Innistrad because Moon is more of an exspansion pack to it.
Same with Gatewatch and Zendikar. Get atleast 50% of Zendikar before you start getting Oath.

You might wanna fill up on Magic Origins because in about 2 weeks Kaladesh will come out which will have great synergy with the Blue/Red artifact support cards found in Origins.

I wonder if they did cat pack before or after Smash up did the other side.

>unstable portal into majordomo
>ancestors call pulls 1 minion from each players hand onto the battlefield

Whoooosh

Mark rosewater said it depends on sets like conspiracy and commander selling well. The higher ups feel that standard and to a lesser extent modern are the only things that matter to the brand but if the fun stuff sold more they would be more willing to listen to maro on letting him make the third unset.

You could dust it as it is clearly nothing more than a fun card as drawing random legendaries from the start of the game will easily lose you the game so a 5/6 for 5 isn't really worth they really should have just made his battlecry "add 3 5 or 4 mana 6/6 infernals to your hand" infernals being effectless of course

how?

The Eldrazi can't-be-graveyarded ability isn't anti-mill, it's anti-reanimator. That's more of a downside than an upside.

>yfw HS will never have a fun card as this

Is Hearthstone worth it if I don't want to pay for it or would it take weeks before getting a decent deck?

I can't believe Magic has a fucking balanced unstable portal in a joke set and yet HS had an unbalanced RNG fest in the main competitive game.

>cards that could not exist in a non digital card game

Post favourite card

weeks? it might legitimately take you a year

>balanced
Well this is a "Discover a boost of cards from an expansion or adventure of your choice"

Bouncing for days.
I know blinking is better.

how did i fuck up my meme text
holy shit

Hearthstone isn't worth it. At all. Spare yourself and play a better card game. Here are your options now:
Shadowverse, which is HS with way less RNG and way more interesting mechanics. Anime as fuck if that's a turn off for you.
Duelyst, HS on a tactics-game grid. I stopped playing it so I don't know how good it is nowadays.
Faeria, an interesting card game/board game hybrid. It's a lot slower than HS.
There are a few more like Spellweaver or Eternal or Elder Scrolls Legends but I haven't played those so I can't give any advice on them. And you can always just play a paper TCG
Well you know what I mean, balanced as far as the joke set goes. There's no mana discount so you don't get to play Boom on turn 4 with the coin and you actually have decisions to make.

I had a friend that threw this into an otherwise legitimate cube, with the idea that you would make extra boosters off of the remainder of the cube that wasn't drafted.
I ended up getting it imprinted onto an Isochron Scepter and had the best time of Magic I've ever had.

>blizzard
>multi-billion dollar

For that fucking flavor text.

And most expensive time of magic I suppose too.

On July 8, 2008, Activision announced that stockholders had agreed to merge, and the deal closed the next day for an estimated transaction amount of US$18.9 billion. Vivendi was the majority shareholder, with a 52% stake in the company.

They are worth around 40-50 billions.

Don't feed the trolls

dead game. disenchant your whole collection and uninstall it

I like Dice masters.

I just can't seem to enjoy Hearthstone.

I've played a bunch, but the randomness just kills me. I never feel like it's a fun loss when you loose because of random luck for you or your opponent.

the boosters where made out of the remainder of the cube, so I just "opened" really powerful "boosters"

Whos the best planeswalker and why is it Chandra?

what the fuck in an uninteractive card

Cards that do not let you interact with them. Like "Hey, I'm gonna play for a while and you cant do anything about it so just sit there and let me win this game"

Do you mean card? Or Lore Walker?

Living or not?

Alive Currently Nicol, Karn, Ugin or Sorin.

Dead would be Urza.

>what is a stopwatch?

Could not work in a normal game setting. You would need to set up a chess clock randomly on the table and play the game.

Here another example of uninteractive cards.
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

How do I fucking beat Tempo Mage?

>start playing hearthstone
>get into it
>friend and i get an account together so we can pool money for packs
>great game to play 2-3 rounds of while smoking or chilling
>eventually have a decent collection, buy all the expansions, buy all the adventures
>have a pretty good grasp on the game, enjoy making new deck ideas and tweaking them
>get interested in the hearthstone community and look at some threads
>it's all morons who can't figure out how to build decks just netdecking like scrubs
>mfw

Every card game is net decking. There is a reason why Magic card prices spike after a tournament.

>Magic card prices spike after a tournament.

I don't enjoy losing very much so I netdeck.

Literally all of them?

If mill decks become super popular, then this card is good

>60 card limit
>easier to get shit from graveyard
they are just different games my dude

They do. Cards used in tournement winning decks go up in value like crazy. Even cards that are not great do.

For example, Mega Audino EX was said to be a really bad card, and yet, it was great against the Meta of the tournement, and so it just destroyed everybody. The card also spiked in price right after .

>60 card limit
What? Magic has a minimum of 60 cards, but no maximum.

Anyone here bothered to play Eternal?

I am liking it. Very crude game still, but it will get better polishing soon, i hope.

Nope.

Vexing Devil enters, its trigger happens. Panharmonicon puts another trigger on the stack. Panharmonicon's trigger resolves, opponent takes 4 and you sacrifice the Devil. Devil's trigger then resolves, and nothing happens because there's no Devil any more. I mean, I guess the opponent could decide to take an extra four damage out of the goodness of their heart, but they wouldn't have to.

I Grim Flayer, a card from the current new set, jumped from ~5$ to 20$ after it was played a lot at a big Modern tournament

That is 100% hearthstone though. Like, literally. You get NO actions during the other players turn.

Lili jumped from like $25 to $40~50. A lot of people underestimated her.

That doesn't make it any better, it just means that there's more losers to laugh at

Not really. Hearthstone is build on that fact, so cards that can kill you in one turn are really poweful, but most cards dont have charge.

Stuff like OTK are bad.

Stuff like this too.
youtube.com/watch?v=oyUluO-1vwY

I know it's a bad card for constructed play but I can't help but love this fatass. He's the greenest card ever. P/T above the curve with evasion. Craw Wurm for the new generation.

>Fuck weenies
>Fuck blue
>Fuck you

If you're good mind giving some tips? I'm pretty good at MTG, but the random nonsense in Hearthstone throws me off.

>no expansions
Son, I got news for you. You might want to sit down.

Also door to nothing is a janky card. Somthing that looks powerful but ends up taking more input then its payoff (even if it is a player losing), in the time it takes you for the set up, one instant can just ruin it, and the 8 other things you could have done are now missed.

Both the cards you criticized are counterable by simple means. Also MTG is built on graveyard recurrence, so a full grave dosnt mean the end of the game. Alot of players would actually use mill on themselves.

Also I havent played hearth in a bit, but I distinctly remember a wonderful era of tavern brawlers with charge. If we are comparing, I'd say that having to literally sit and do nothing while he makes 10 guys charge you, and you cant even shoose to block some, is pretty fucking uninteractive and is by far even worse example of your quote
>"Hey, I'm gonna play for a while and you cant do anything about it so just sit there and let me win this game"

Given that hs dont have many game breaking spells, i would say interrupts are as needed as in MTG.

The big problem however is the lack of removal.

While "kill minion" on magic is a 1 or 2 mana spell, it is a 5 mana spell on HS. Except for warrior, he gets to have 2 different insta kill spells for 1 mana.

Play a different digital ccg. Rnadom nonsense basically dictates Hearthstone now.

execute and ???

obviously shield slam

Both of them require multiple cards to work.

shield slam isn't a 1-mana kill spell though, it's a damage-based spell that requires setup
only Execute is 'destroy'

Never played while it was standard but I love everything about it.

Jesus Christ this mad god stuff is stupid.