What went so right ?

What went so right ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9LO6whlRBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have no clue, because the later games are less bullshit-y but everyone got tired of the staleness so they're "bad games".

I mean...AW shook up the gameplay but everyone shit on that more than ever.

Easily the best CoD game, I don't even like CoD but I still love CoD 4 and will eventually get back into it again when if it ever drops below £10 on Steam which is as low as I've ever seen it go.

Lats time I tried to play on the Xbox I ended up in a modded lobby and when I left I was level one with minus 2 billion xp so I couldn't join any games.

>simple killstreaks that gave dynamism to the gameplay
>extensive modability
>easy to configure custom servers
>class customization
>weapon customization
>cinematic campaign
>innovation (jump to modern shooters in the ww2 shooter era)
>nice graphics

Playing Mike Myers with all my pals from school on old school mode or whatever it was called, the one where you jump higher and can do all the glitches.

Used to be funny stood on top of the lamp post on Bloc outside the swimming pools watching whoever was Mike hopelessly try to hop the fence and get up the stairs

World at War is better.

playing the campaign now and it doesn't hold up

>good map design for the most part
>simple, gimmickless and clean gameplay
>neat soundtrack and sounddesign (apart from half the gun sounds)

Do you remember before party chat when people used to use game chat and every game had at least five people using their mics and eavesdrop actually had situational uses?

Party chat ruined console gaming.

Just a Friendly reminder that they fired the whole team that changed FPS (for better or for worse) and then fucked the corpse every year since and now they're re-releasing the corpse.

This ^

WaW maps were GOD compared to Cod4 maps.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9LO6whlRBk

WaW is great too bad it died really fast on PC and on console modded lobbies became a thing very fast

I fucking hated WaW because it made martyrdom and Last stand even more bullshit and its Killstreaks were stupid.

Dogs were a mistake.

been saying this for a while

everyone likes to say 'oh but i dont have to listen to raging kids now and i can speak to my friends in game' but if party chat had been a thing since the release of xbox, i never would have made some of the friends i did, and had some of my most enjoyable moments in gaming

although since gaming is more full of normies than ever i guess it's a blessing in disguise.

Black Ops > CoD4 > WaW > Black Ops 3 > MW2 > Black Ops 2 > Literal Shit > MW3 > Ghosts

They lost their touch with MW2.

will people on say g2a be selling the cod4 remaster by itself or will i have to buy infinite warfare to get the remaster?

It's the main reason I moved over to PC, I don't give two shits about graphics. I just want sociable games back.

Nobody likes to use their mic on console anymore because they're either in party chat or too scared to even cough incase twelve kids are silently waiting for someone to speak so they can say 'haha u sound like a fukking nigger'

At least on PC if you don't want to speak you can type.

It'll probably be purchasable standalone after 3 months anyway, like Nuketown became free for everyone in BO2 and BO3.

>Not remembering the satisfaction of getting a lucky gib on a dog that somehow someway missed it's bite.
>Not immediately gunning down every bastard mutt that came snarling your way.

I didn't mind them at all.

this guy knows

I like how he didn't mention AW because that's not even worth mentioning.

are you implying killstreaks aren't inherently stupid?

Simplicity, the gunplay was snappy and responsive, all the guns made sense and were useful in one way or another and the maps were fantastic.

I remember doing this with my buddies too, it was great

I used to love it when you could hear their footsteps right behind you and if you so much as clipped a wall by accident you would be dead, had to make every turn smooth and tight

Why the spoiler tag you memeing faggot

CoD was the series that taught me the importance of never chasing. Fear on PC reaffirmed it.

>not remembering wasting ammo to kill the dogs
>not remembering that if you didn't have a silencer every enemy was coming for you

MW2 was the most fun I've ever had playing a Call of Duty game

NOTHING will be pre-patched akimbo Model 1887's shotgun secondaries and running around a match shotgun sniping people with marathon pro, lightweight pro, and steady aim pro

That's true, but tell me you didn't get a rush when you watched your own pack of golden retrievers dragging down kids who camped with LMGs in places dogs were clearly not meant to go.

When this game came out, camping was still a pretty valid problem and dogs were a damn good solution.

DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLE

>every Infinite Warfare trailer on youtube

>commenters who say Infinite Warfare looks boring as fuck and then in the same breath say they can't wait to play the remaster or play battlefield 1

If you think infinite warfare looks boring you will be bored to tears playing BF1 or CoD4RM

IW videos all make the game look like an ADHD bipolar autistic child taking meth, bath salts, and PCP. In comparison to that, BF1 and CoD4RM are all taking copious amounts of elephant tranquilizers.

Yeah, I'll give you that. They were hit and miss.
While they stopped campers, it really hurt stealthy, behind enemy lines players, or run and gun players.

move blops 3 behind blops 2 and you got yourself a deal

What's the problem with people hating boost jumps and especially advanced warfare?
I think it made the game more dynamic and fun and less campy. I mean you can still lay down and camp in the corner of the map with LMG but it's harder because people will peek you with boost jump.

This was when IW actually cared about PC.

You actually had to git gud instead of
>lol camp4killstreaks

How to find a Redditor:

They will type

Like this

For no reason

nigga I been here for 7 years and typed like that because it's easier to read posts

>2009

Pretty gud, 2006 here.

Advanced Warfare's boost system was jankey, felt shoehorned and looked weird. I'll admit, it did add new mobility to the game, but combined with the worst weapons catalogue in the game, plus the god awful character builds ever created.

And I don't understand how a game can fuck up audio files that bad. Nothing actually "sounded" right.

For me, they're easily my most memorable killstreak in the series. Far more than people shilling the AC130. I had far more racked up kills using dogs than I ever did with the AC.

I have literally never posted on reddit in my entire life and I've posted on the boards since 06.

I post like this because its easier to get your point across, rather than a wall of text.

Its called creating clear and readable text you fucking mong.

DOES

THAT

COM

PUTE?

Sorry for making an easy to read post instead of one very long line of text that makes your eyes go all the way to the edge of the screen and sticks out like a sore thumb when every other post has paragraphs and only take up a quarter of the screen

Maybe a stupid question but what is the simplest way of getting this when it comes out?

Does it come with all Advanced Warfare games? only certain editions?

>fresh modern setting
>perfectly tuned movement/controls
>non-gimmicky progression

Pretty sure it'll be it's own thing, but I think it's digital download only. Could be wrong though

Unfortunately, No. Activision has said quite a few times that they have no plans to release it as a stand alone game. Currently, the only way you can get it is through getting advanced warfare as well.

As to how long that'll stay, who knows. They'll probably back out on that

>Infinite Warfare shill thread hiding behind nostalgia goggles
Stop.Fucking.Posting.These.Threads.

>advanced warfare
Why do you guys keep saying that when it is Infinite Warfare? Am I in an alternate universe or something?

But yeah, with the regular AW we will get COD4 RM, no need to buy any special/collectors edition, right?

Sorry, I have no idea why I said AW, especially considering how much I hate that iteration.

People shilling the AC forgot how broken the Chopper Gunner was for a long time.

go away.
stop trying to control people enjoying things you don't like, you sound like an infant.

There should be standalone Cod4 keys on G2A though after release.

>You'll never relive playing Black Ops for the first time

They fixed everything MW2 fucked up.

You all mean Infinite Warfare, AW came out ~2 years ago

It's broken, but not only it's fun to cheese other people but holy fuck there's a lot to pick from, grenades, Martyrdom, Last Stand, grenade launcher, using the helicopter to get killstreaks back, etc, add it up to the great map selection and you've got a fun game with randoms.

It was also fairly simplistic, I feel new games have too much shit.

No, a regular copy of infinite warfare will be 60 bux, the MW remaster that comes with it is a separate edition, adding 20 to the mix. Then you have the edition that combines both with a season pass, which I think is around $100 or so.

Honestly, these separate editions are ridiculous altogether.

I didn't enjoy it as much because I loved MW2.

Yes it was bullshit - but I enjoyed it because it was so fucking crazy - it was fun and frustrating at the same time.

Black Ops was more balanced, but just felt slower and bland - I played Cod back then for an arcadey fix.

Yeah but Promod was also very enjoyable - and only 'nades stayed in that.

>it made martyrdom and last stand even more bullshit
By having grenades with a smaller kill radius and pistols with smaller mag sizes? What?

>less bullshit-y
Except not. CoD4 has decent maps so that spawns are fine, and it is balanced. It doesn't have all the KS biz going on, just simplicity.

Although everyone including random Opfor terrorists are MLB pitchers.

I preffered Black Ops, but I can't fault you for wanting something more arcadey. MW2 took the game and somehow lowered the skill ceiling even less than it already was and made it even more accessible for everyone.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it was just bad for anyone who really wanted to take the game as serious as you can take Call of Duty.

I had much more fun taking a step back and stopped trying so hard playing MW2.

Black Ops was the answer I was looking for over the problems I had with MW2.

>he didn't cry a few tears at the end

I thought Price kicked the bucket

Oh yeah agreed - although I played Cod4 Promod for my skill fix.

I shitpost about fan service as much as the next guy, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy they brought him back

gaz and griggs though ;_;

it's actually a really well constructed emotional set piece, i mean, it's like that baby scene in children of men, you can't not get a little bit sad

So they said they will release the other 6 maps by the end of the year for the remastered game.

Does this mean they aren't going to remaster the DLC maps? I fucking loved all of the DLC maps. It will be a HUGE bummer if they don't.

Short, sweet and to the point.

Not being forced to read Charles Dickens length paragraphs.

Easier on the eyes.

By all means feel free to type out 2-3 paragraph responses that no one will read.

BROAD STROKE THAT SHIT, NIGGA!

I jumped into a hacked lobby for shits and giggles on ps3. It was some hide and seek mode. Pretty comfy desu famalam.

OUR HOUNDS WILL TEAR ZEM TO SHREADS

Party chat ruined pic