Is there such thing as a video game with decent fanbase?

Is there such thing as a video game with decent fanbase?

EDF

Kirby

undertale

easy

Dwarf Fortress is decent

Monster hunter.
We are just a bit elitist and smug that's all.

Any blizzard game

Tekken

DO I REPLY TO THE OP TEXT OR THE OP IMAGE

Memeing fan base for a meme tier game
Obnoxious shills who think literally everything connected to Kirby is good
Just no
Stuck up retards who inexplicably hate tilesets

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Devil May Cry has a decent fanbase.

Undertale

You'll lose either way.

The only way to win is by not playing.

>muh uncle dante xD

No, they're autistic.

DmC was karma.

Metal gear solid before V came out.

OP text or else the entire thread will be a huge undertale hatebonner.

Smash Bros.

tema fortress 2

hhahahahahHAHAHAHAA

>Once you realize that playing is an instant loss is the moment you've started playing.
There's no way to win the game.

im sure people are ignoring the text and just posting what the pic said

touhou or skyrim's mod community before the jewery.

all a bunch of retards with no taste

Undertale by far

No, there is not. If you've ever been part of a video game community for a while you'll know that they are all, without exceptions, cancer.

If you think otherwise you simply haven't been part of the community for long enough to realise it.

>image
pretty much any jap waifu sim or final fantasy

>Is there such thing as a video game with decent fanbase?
sid meier's civilization maybe?

>shittalking kirby
>defending undertale

Is this the neo-Cred Forums my people warned me about

Fire Emblem did before Awakening came out.

>touhou
>decent fanbase

Falcom fans are bros who enjoy good games. Threads are friendly and helpful.

>annoying fans

Metroid

>decent fanbase

Candy Crush

besides the community autism it's the best fanbase.

Sonic. Bar none.

Fucking furfags.

We're just fun memers who love cyberlegs

RE4 fans
>Their first game was the one that killed the series
>Can't accept that fact
>Get rabid about anything
>The game didn't even have anything to do with the canon

Even though it's a fantastic game the sheer retardedness of the "fans" is pathetic.

new vegas

Wish there was, OP. Wisht there was...

Undertail, fnaf, minecraft

All of them are tied to the most annoying

battlefield

The most annoying and pretentious fans are those of mario and the legend of zelda.

Undertale

Kill yourself

Garry's Mod.

cont.
Gyakuten Saiban.
They're the only visual novel fanbase I know of that doesn't spoil shit like complete faggots. (Looking at you, Dangan Ronpa fanbase.)

to this day I'll never understand how a fanbase "ruins" a game

there are people who have played FNAF/undertale/sonic games and had zero exposure to the fanbase, hence their experience wasn't ruined in any way (unless the game itself was bad)

Most annoying fans. Any and all MOBAs.

Pac man

Five Nights at Freddy's

this

Warhammer 40k fandom is pretty chill, but like everywhere, there might be some autist and underage

An obnoxious fanbase can ruin things since they have a bad habit of overrating said product and going on and on about it to the point that you just want them to shut up for it (especially if it doesn't live it to the hype).

undertale's fanbase actually ruined the game by spoiling everything and over hyping the game to obvlivion.

the game was a 10/10 without spoilers and low expectations. If I were to play it again I would probably think it was cringe worthy.

Ace Attorney.

Undertale
Fire Emblem
Any Nintendo game really
Persona
Quake
Mass Effect
Platinum Games
Dark Souls

Pretty much the worst.

Minecraft of Pokemon

>Pretentious
>Mario
What does that word mean again? I forgot.

>10/10
Get a load of this faggot hahaha.
7/10 should be the real rating of that game.
The OST is the only remarkable part of it, the rest is average at best.

>MUH CUHRAYZEE
no

/thread

You forgot the most annoying and pretentious fanbase.

Spotted the contrarian edgy tryhard.

It was good before the port

>2013
>Undertale demo is out
>Cred Forums loves it
>Constant threads discussing it
>2015
>Undertale game is out
>Cred Forums loves it
>Constant threads discussing it
>Some weeks later
>It gains popularity
>wtf i hate undertale now?

You're just a bunch of hipsters. Come on. If you let your opinion be swayed by how popular the subject is, you're retarded.

>7/10
>Bad
it is average, deal with it fukboi.

pokemon or undertale

T. Sonyggr

didn't have too much of a bad time with this crowd

>It was dead before the port

Fixed

Overwatch

Only the dead ones are, the cool stuff will be remembered and the degeneracy will be washed away as time removes all that is vile.

Are you kidding me? The playerbase sucked dev cock like no else unless you were the obligatory Cred Forums faction, in which case you were an elitist faggot.

I never played it but it more the constant over praise and hyping it gets. I'm sure there will be a /vg/ circle jerk for years to come despite there never being any more content.

post yfw katawa shoujo general is still fucking there

I did, though. Which server were you on?

halo probably.

Also how for a long while there anytime anyone said they were going to play the game they were spammed with "Play pacifist! PACIFIST! FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T! THE FEELS!"

I once got banned from a twitch chat because I was trying to tell the guy playing he wasn't actually on the Genocide path, because apparently the mods didn't want him to actually do it.

Anyway, worst fanbase is probably Undertale, yeah.

ruined the game for who? Cred Forums?
you realize there are loads of people who played it with very little connection to the fanbase (if any) because it was on steam recommended games and had one of the highest meta ratings for a month

as for all the people talking about streams that's pretty irrelevant, everyone ruins gaming streams for every single game these days because anonymity + underage = shitter

Final Fantasy 7.

Answer to your pic: Bloodborne or minecraft or FNAF.

Answer to the text in your post: Mechwarrior 2

Gonna have to second this. Even among ace attorney conversations, I have never been spoiled for anything, and it is generally a fanbase lacking obnoxious fans.

Overwatch has the worst fanbase in videogame history

One only needs to look at the Cred Forums catalog any hour of the day to know im right

>I'll never understand how a fanbase "ruins" a game

What's so hard to understand not wanting to be associated with people you're disgusted by or heavily disagree with?

gg ez

>FF fans
>pretentious in any way

Unless you mean FFT, no fucking way.

Crono, Xeno and SMT fans are far more pretentious.

Agreed, they're pretty decent.

Smash is easily the worst.
>Volunteer teaching music for delinquent youth, from teens to late twenties.
>Most of them are fucked up but pretty cool.
>One super autard starts coming in.
>Dresses like Hot Topic raver.
>Only talks to the young girls in a predatory manner.
>Spergs out like fucking crazy at random intervals.
>Try to engage him but he blows me off to hit on more junior high girls.
>Program organizer tells me he's a late 20s sociopath and that we have to watch him around young women and make sure the group home shuttle picks him up.
>One day he finally starts talking about himself.
>He starts raving about Melee and entering Smash Brothers tournaments even though nobody has no fucking clue what any of this shit is.
>I have to forcibly conceal my laughter and leave the room.

>program worker describing someone as a sociopath

ill take things that never happened for 200 alex

>t. someone whos actually worked in youth outreach programs

what's so hard to understand about how easy it is to avoid association with said fans?

overwatch

I believe you, user.

Quake Live, they are people who actually play the game instead of talking crap, no memers, no underage and more freeloading scum.

Bethesda fans.

It happened nigga'. After every music night all the volunteers would discuss incidents. One of the other volunteers brought up this dude's creepy orbiting and the organizer said he was a refferal here from the prov health program and was a complete nut.

megaman.

>no underage

Explain

Great rebutal, you sure showed me, a player who plays in 3 different servers and being 29 i'm still considered pretty young by people that goes from 35 to 50 years old people with family and a job.

I'd disagree but I can't remember a time I've seen a VIIfag trying to ruin a discussion or whatever from the top of my head. At least nor around these parts.

Minecraft
boom, I win.

Cant think of a bad example of a megaman fan. Thats pretty much it.

There's no decent video gamers at all in the first place

>I can't remember a time I've seen a VIIfag trying to ruin a discussion or whatever from the top of my head. At least nor around these parts.
You have never seen VIIfag responding to someone who says he prefers FFVI to FFVII?

Grandia's fanbase.

I mean they all died out with the series but the few that are left..

Graphical tilesets really just look bad and I haven't found any which actually matches the flavor and character of the game. They're kind of like Minecraft texture packs in that respect. It may be high definition but you get sick of it in a hurry.

I've been around Roguelikes for much of my life so I never even had a problem getting into DF. The combination of literal and symbolic tiles can look pretty stupid but in DF there's a ton of detail so it works. Personally I use Taffer because it's comfy.

People don't hate DF's graphics because they look bad, it's because they're very confusing to new players who can't recognize objects in the game by sight. For people who can, tilesets are cluttered and objects are indistinct.

It's just plain easier to play the game with the faux-ASCII because you can spot details a lot faster. Simpler and cleaner tiles would be totally fine and no one would object other than maybe hurting the sort of whimsical look of the ASCII. The reason this is even controversial to begin with is because a lot of new players outright refuse to get used to the graphics and this has gotten people pretty guarded over the years.

There's nothing inexplicable about it, it's a pretty straightforward subject. Tiles look worse and play worse, but rather than improving them, the people who make and use them just call all veteran players a bunch of stuck-up retards who dislike tilesets for no reason.

Okay here I go

Pikmin
Zero Escape
Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest
Donkey Kong

Oh, also suikoden

Well the fanbase I'm apart of... (Persona)

FROM VISCOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

Sonic
Metroid
Mother/Earthbound
Undertale
Fallout (specfically NVtards)
FNAF

This, every interaction I've had with Ace Combat fans has been nothing but positive until Infinity gets brought up anyway

Dragon's Dogma's fanbase is super nice.

Hitman threads are pretty comfy and generally devoid of shitposting. I'd say we're a good fanbase.

>after the initial wave of console war garbage passed the PC port happening made the threads even better
It's like a reverse Souls

Heroes of Might and Magic III

none gamers in general are awful

soulsfags and MGSfags

Quality Leisure Town reference.

pc gamers are the worst cancer

They're all cancer, no matter the size.

>fan base is mostly 20-30 year old, butt hurt man children who praise a game 20 years old and can't accept any form of change that made the game more fun and accessible to a larger audience and smoothed out the glitches and bugs of previous titles

I love this game but it's most of its fan base is pure cancer.
no wonder it got its own containment board

Souls games in general, but especially Dark Souls 1. DS1fags are the absolute worst of the worst.

Undertale, great game. Attracted the worst fanbase.

factorio has a great fanbase

This right here. Fuck Sunshinefags.

This. DMC3 is undoubtedly the best game in the series, but anyone who defends the bat shit retarded excuse for a Dante is literally retarded, period. He's literally just as bad as Donte is almost every way.

FFagboys spend all their time bitching at each other to ruin other threads. You know it's true.

DeSfags will forevery be the worst of the bunch, user. Literally the hipsters of the Soulsfags.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Regardless, Cred Forums isn't the right place to even ask that kind of question OP because Cred Forums simply isn't ignorant enough to make a general consensus.
Cred Forums users will systematically go out of their way to make all fans of anything look like shit, because they are shit, because humanity is shit.
Point is, I think you're just better off asking some normies.

Shovel Knight has a pretty good fanbase.

It isn't the worst but it has attracts some shitters for sure.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. Never had a bad encounter with a fan of that game.