Thoughts on Paper Mario Color Splash so far?

Thoughts on Paper Mario Color Splash so far?

Seems cool, I never played Sticker Star so I don't know/care what got everybody so upset about Paper Mario in the first place. CS looks cool so I'll pick it up and get back into the series after TTYD.

It just goes to show how out-of-touch Intelligent Systems has become

Every neat video I see is poisoned by the knowledge that the meat of the game (combat, customization) is going to be just as mediocre as Sticker Star's

>We had to scrap Paper Mario 3DS because we were afraid it would be too much like TTYD. We wanted to make something fresh and new.
>Oh and btw, here's a copypaste sequel to Sticker Star. We didn't bother fixing a single thing that people complained about

If nothing else, it exposed IS's blatant hypocrisy

Kind of on the fence but I think I'm gonna get it. I really like the visuals.

Looks pretty cool, art style is gorgeous and the game looks to have a humor about itself

When's paper mario super spinning tops coming out?

I don't like paper mario so I don't see why I'd get this game

It's certainly pretty to look at
that's probably the only good thing I can say about it

>We didn't bother fixing a single thing that people complained about
But they fixed lots of things
>Battling leads to you being able to increase your paint meter, more paint = more attack
>Cards are reusable
>Puzzles are no longer obtuse as fuck
>"Things" are no longer hidden in ridiculous places and then require backtracking to use
>There's lots more dialogue and humour than in SS

Also you can buy and stockpile "Thing" cards, or pre-painted cards, now for bonus damage

>Battling leads to you being able to increase your paint meter, more paint = more attack
And the pages of your sticker book increased through Sticker Star

The point is that straight upgrades are fucking boring. Where's the customization?

>The point is that straight upgrades are fucking boring. Where's the customization?
On the moves you use and the deck you go out with?

Got more of dat Wendy?

While it's "Sticker Star 2", it looks much more enjoyable than Sticker Star ever was.

Color Splash fixes nothing.

Battles are still wholly worthless and a pain in the ass to do. You save more paint and time by just avoiding them. Cards being reusable fixes nothing when they are handed out like candy.

Are you actually implying here that sticker star puzzles were "obtuse" and required a lot of backtracking? Every puzzle in SS was easy as fuck and just required getting the right sticker.
Puzzles aren't even considered a problem in sticker star.

Seriously the biggest problem with sticker star was how unrewarding the combat was. Combat is 99% unchanged. The only thing color splash is adding is absolutely beautiful worlds.

>Combat is the same
>Story is the same
>Characters are toads, shyguys and goombas

Sticker Star wasn't that bad guys. Sure there wasn't really any reason for battling but it still had all the adventure and puzzles that previous Paper Marios had...it was just separated for better pick up and play to work better on mobile.

>it was just separated for better pick up and play to work better on mobile
which is stupid when you have large RPGs on every Nintendo handheld that allow you to save any time

>Being this mad and wrong
Watch the gamexplain footage so we can all laugh

I actually did watch it.

The shilling was off the charts

>The combat sucks ass still
>b-b-but they made the puzzles easier so this game is so awesome
>I played for 2 hours and this game is great. >Please buy it now, all the toads are blown way out of porportion.
>Please buy this game

>Battles are still wholly worthless and a pain in the ass to do. You save more paint and time by just avoiding them. Cards being reusable fixes nothing when they are handed out like candy.
Do a min-max run then if you're concerned about battles, whatever, not a problem in the game
>Puzzles aren't even considered a problem in sticker star.
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? This is literally the biggest problem with the game. You can't progress unless you're willing to run back through all the worlds looking for the 100% correct thing for the puzzle, even if logic dictates another sticker would be just as good (ie, light bulb puzzle for one)
>Seriously the biggest problem with sticker star was how unrewarding the combat was. Combat is 99% unchanged.
You can now target any enemy you want, and you get rewarded for finishing the combat by increasing your paint meter, which allows you to defeat enemies/bosses more easily
>>Combat is the same
Untrue
>>Story is the same
It actually has a lot more involving story
>>Characters are toads, shyguys and goombas
Okay?

>Completely missing all the information that goes against your rant
Pathetic lad

I still think the worst part about it is that Nintendo assumes that just because of the art style they're free to skip on the animation. Any movement has like 4 frames tops.

>Any movement has like 4 frames tops

Pretty sure it's a stylistic choice. They did the same thing on that Kirby game on WiiU where the characters move at 20FPS and only actually have a few frames in the animation

>Sticker Star wasn't that bad guys

yes it was

>it was just separated for better pick up and play to work better on mobile.
IS could have done that and make it not suck

Instead we got a bland NSMN-style world, entire chapters with zero narrative and one of the shittiest final dungeons I've ever played.