The Witcher 3 isn't being enhanced for PS4 Pro

videogamer.com/ps4/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/news/the_witcher_3_isnt_being_enhanced_for_ps4_pro.html

>The PS4 version of The Witcher 3 will not be updated for PS4 Pro, CD Projekt RED has confirmed, instead choosing to focus its development resources on upcoming games Cyberpunk 2077 and Gwent.

>"Since we want to fully focus on Cyberpunk 2077 and Gwent, and converting The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt from a full HD game into a 4K one would be too much of a time and resource-consuming process, we decided not to release an edition of Wild Hunt supporting the new features of PlayStation Pro," the developer said.

Fuck you CDPR you lazy fucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/cd-projekt-reds-marcin-iwinski-most-of-the-witcher-sales-are-for-the-pc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>playing The Witcher on a console

found your problem

it's an ethical move

And how is this a surprise? They already said they are done with the witcher 3. 1.30 was supposed to be the last patch but they fucked it up so they had to do another patch but now it's done and released . They aren't touching the game ever again and moved on to gwent and Cyberpunk 2077.

>Instead of upscaling a game to a higher resolution for no fucking reason, we're going to instead put our efforts into making more games
Y-yeah!! Fuck you CDPR

Witcher 3 sold the best on consoles

What the fuck do you expect you idiot? For every company to go out of there way to tweak every PS4 game for your shitty upcoming "upgrade"?

You settled on a system that, for the most part, plays games at 30 FPS. You got what you payed for. Now you are being unreasonable.

Digital Foundry did a Witcher 3 test on a surrogate PS4 Pro at console equivalent setting. They found out the game can run at 60fps at 1080p and at 4k at 22fps

so does every multiplat, what's your point?

Great. Best game of all time being unaltered

Point is CD Projekt Red biggest demographic is on console not releasing an updated console with 4k or HDR or even increased Framerate is a missed opportunity

Witcher 3 was made for consoles, see all the downgrade bitching before it released. Don't forget there wouldn't be a Witcher 3 without consoles.

Why is this even news? You shouldn't even assume otherwise. Fucking entitled Sonyggers

>2 platforms sell better than 1 platform

Woaaaah...

>with all settings on low

Witcher 3 will receive a upgrade for Scorpio screenshot this Microsoft will pay CD Projekt Red to make it 4k 60fps

They literally use console niggers just to fund their games. The PC version is the definitive version even on a toaster. Why would they make a brand new version for console when you can already play it at higher resolutions on PC?

If you have to buy an upgraded version of a console to enjoy games at their best settings (and probably a few Pro exclusives) then consoles lose their only advantage over PCs, dont they?

well about that
dsogaming.com/news/cd-projekt-reds-marcin-iwinski-most-of-the-witcher-sales-are-for-the-pc/

Technically, their only advantage was the fact that consoles are small form-factor prebuild. Which is the only reason they exist, because most people are either lasy, stupid or both. Being able to upgrade is always a good thing, even if it means peasants will have to buy a new console.

Anyone with IQ over 90 approves new consoles, because industry desperately needs better hardware standards.

How is this going to work

>Devs now have to put extra money forward to fund not only an entire game but a version specifically to take advantage of the 4k upscaler

How do Japanese devs feel about this? You know, the loser devs like Koei and shit that have their budgets so fucking low that it's a miracle the games release at all

Good decision, i don't want Cyberpunk 2077, my most awaited game to be delayed because of console cucks

>Witcher franchise
Not surprising given the first one was a PC exclusive and the second one released only on the 360

OH NO
TIME TO SET VSYNC TO 0

>surrogate PS4 Pro at console equivalent setting
Lol this shit again. They fuck up by replicated the graphics card with a much better CPU

The game has 2 million owners on Steam and supposedly even more on GOG.

Worth a billion dollars can't release a patch that utilizes the new power with a skeleton crew.
Polish people everybody!

>the second one released only on the 360

please tell me you aren't this retarded

>m-muh supersampling
>y-you idiots don't understand

No YOU fucking PRO shills don't understand that you're being royally pro-fucked in the ass if you buy a PS4 Pro.

there was a witcher 1 and 2 without consoles, so why wouldn't there be a 3? dumb console apologists, CDPR doesn't actually care about you, they just want your money.

So another thing we can be annoyed at consoles for, the have them to thank for that garbage.

To be fair they could just remove the 30fps lock, so at least Procucks could play at 1080p/60. To bad console owners can't just do that themselves like you can on a computer.

I'm talking about Consoles and the 360 was the only console to get the Witcher 2

>people are going to spend $400 on a hardware upgrade that won't even do anything for half their games

embarassing

>Anyone with IQ over 90 approves
>Consoles in 2010+6
Pick one you retarded nigger.

>Everyone does le enhanced edition to cash out even more
>based CDPR doesnt waste time on and focuses on their next projects instead
>somehow they are the assholes

Cred Forums logic

Anyone sensible would have given up in CDPR making good games anyway, so it hardly matters what they do.

Call me when they release something with decent story or gameplay, Witcher 1 is the only decent game they ever made.

They are doing an enhanced edition, they're just calling it GOTY edition instead.

This is the only sane user in a sea of shitposters.

wouldn't you rather have new games instead of replaying "remaster" of a year old game?

NNOOOOOOOOO

Lesser evil, ya cheeky cunt. Powerful console > toaster console

Honestly Witcher 3 needs an Enhanced Edition but more in the style of the ones they made for the previous games. End game story related content could use some smoothing out or at least some of the stuff they cut from it to be returned.

>Sane user
>Hyped for a game by CDPR who's record for creating acceptable gameplay is dismal.

PS4's entire library are remasters of old games

Witcher 2 had better dialogues and story than Witcher 1, despite being a linear console turd.

>Lesser evil
Or you just don't buy a fucking console until they release one that's worth owning you complete moron.
>b-but I habitually buy a console every gen and I can't stop now!
Pathetic.

>spend $400 on a new console
>like 5 third-party games actually bother changing anything
>rest of your games are exactly the same only they'll run at 30fps instead of 24fps
Jesus fuck console owners are like abused housewives

Witcher 2 jumped the shark during the intro user, not sure how you call that 'better story'

It's literally easy to update the game for Pro given they already have optimizations from the PC version simply put CD Projekt Red is just being lazy of course people are upset

Jesus, i can only imagine a fat downy who posts shit like that without even reading the original comment he's replying to.

>They owe us!
What the fuck is wrong with you? Lazy? Where the fuck do you get off? CDPR is incompetent as fuck when it comes to making games, but lazy? For not pandering to retarded bullshit? Are you actually fucking insane?

He prefers them to waste time so some idiots who should have bought a pc in the first place can play TW3 at a higher resolution. Instead of them working on a motherfucking cyberpunk rpg.

Nobody that played Witcher 3 with it's awful gameplay would ever want to play it again for shinier graphics.

Pot calling the kettle black faggot. Maybe do some reading instead of preening your strawman.

How do you improve something when it's being made for inferior hardware?
>consoles

kek
lol

THEY DONT WANT US

CDPR is so dumb with consoles that Witcher 3 was 20 fps locked on PS4 for an entire year.

Nothing wrong with this

You are mad because your PS4 is worthless.

That's pretty much what you're saying here

Tits and overall EPIGNESS :DDD are too forced, but dialogue choices and RPG branches of plot are superb.

I don't have a PS4, nor did i own any console at any point in my life, and i've been into gaming for more than 16 years. Yet new consoles are great, because more powerful hardware means that PC will get better looking games as well since everything is multiplat these days.

>Should we make 3 different version of the same game just because Sony and Microsoft jews decided to shill out totally unnecessary systems?
>Nah lets work on our next great game instead

This is actually good. I hope all companies do this and these multiple consoles in the same gen memes can die.

>Bloodborne isn't getting a Pro Patch
>Driveclub isn't getting a Pro Patch
>The Witcher 3 isn't getting a Pro Patch
>Devs have said Sony is full of shit because it needs more than one person to make a Pro version and it costs developers money to release a pro version due to certification costs.

So what's the fucking point of the Pro then?

They are incredibly Lazy they just need one guy one fucking guy to release the new patch. All the work is finished

>PC dev goes to console
>game runs like shit because they have no experience optimizing for console
>console owners still eat it up and claim them as "their" dev now
Every time. Unfortunately his is why so many PC devs switch to console, the userbase has zero standards so they can get away with anything. Crytek, Bethesda, CDPR, Epic Games, etc.

Console pleb will buy any remotely decent game which comes their way because they have nothing more. I can understand CDPR wanting to move on to a new project instead of milking poor folk for some extra shekels. They are not greedy enough yet. On the other hand they may release a new half assed version for Chinkstation and Burgerbox if they happen to be a success in the future.

>Epic Games switch to Console prioritization
Nice try Reddit

>Console players are mad they don't get to buy the same game twice after buying the same console twice
What a wacky world!

>Gears of War
>Bulletstorm was heavily consolized
>UT3 was rushed out the door and not fixed until years later
>Unreal Engine 3 was garbage iptimized for consoles that had texture streaming issues throughout its lifespan
Epic is shilling PC hard now but I haven't forgotten how they acted 7th gen.

>Source; my literal asshole
Seek help. And stop posting on Cred Forums, this site is 18+ faggot.

PKEK assblasted and is extremely insecure

This

PS4PRO DEAD ON ARRIVAL. ITS OVER. MICROSOFT WON.

Sonyggers BTFO

thats out already idiot

It's not like the game would have look much better than it already does on the ps4.