Games that make you feel like a Kid again

>Games that make you feel like a Kid again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gKAR0uRZZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=0yzTJYM4p-s
youtube.com/watch?v=3gaMKbv-xHU
youtube.com/watch?v=96qogC-0VjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also Gravity Rush, playing it made me feel like the good old days never ended.

I had no idea there were Murkrow in this image until now.

but those are the worst pokemon games
only platinum saved the gen

shit taste. I bet you think 1st or 3rd gen is the best you plebiscite.

I honestly have to agree. They're slow as fuck, not that nice to look and have possibly the worst regional Pokédex in the entire franchise. I'd say even XY was better and I fucking hated those games.

Diamond and Pearl are universally agreed upon to be the shittiest Pokemon games. Platinum fixed pretty much all their problems apart from the shitty battle speed.

They're also the reason why dungeons became easier and maps more linear, a lot of Jap kids complained about Sinnoh being confusing to navigate.

Did you mean to type Red and Blue, user?

>2006 was 10 years ago

WAKE ME UP

I remember being at my moms work, going on one of the computers, somehow find the news of the starters announcement, PRINT each Pokemon's jpeg and show them to my ex-best friend

More like
>Games that almost made you drop a series

back in like 2006

>games that made me drop the series

might as well post X and Y too.

>games that are universally loved, save for some children that reached middle school around the time they were released

That's because they're entirely covered by the logo in the original box art

Find me someone who didn't feel a sense of awe.

Still have my old CD, one of the few physical games for PC I still keep. Have it on GOG but I don't like playing it in English when I can play it in glorius Swedish.

I didn't.

You have no soul.

Less awe, more comfy and cutesy, then again I was doing a pacifist run and never beat it

I just don't feel a sense of awe for mediocre games.

You had no childhood.

Seriously now

>Universally ageeed upon
Where?
I see people hate Gen 6 more than anything

if you were a kid in freaking 2007, you are still just a kid, kid

Sammy, get off Cred Forums, it's a bad influence for you

can you genwunners just replay RBY already and realize how terrible they were?

Kanto was boring.
The type distribution of pokemon was hilariously bad (DUDE WATER AND POISON LMAO)
No post game except Mewtwo
No special split
Do I even need to mention the literal hundreds of bugs?

youtube.com/watch?v=4gKAR0uRZZ0

Say one (1) thing that will refute it.

"I did not feel a sense of awe when I played Undertale" perfectly refutes your "statement".

That was not what he said, or even implied.

>Find me someone who didn't feel a sense of awe

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS???????????????

I'm right here and I did not.

I did not feel a sense of awe while playing Undertale.

Now where is your rebuttal?

That's exactly what he said

>That first playthrough B/W2.
>After being called out as a nostalgiafag for complaining about gen 5.

I was proven right, they can do awesome shit if they try.

Those aren't Ruby/Sapphire or B/W

>hadn't played pokemon in years
>me and two friends at computer
>we see the japanese reveal trailer for diamond on pearl
>'i'm getting the monkey!'
>'i want the turtle!'
>'the penguin's mine!'
>we all decide to get the games when they come out
>in the end i was the only one to get it and played it alone
magical times

That's completely irrelevant.

No it isn't, he posted a reaction image.

>defeat the pokemon league
>feel like a pokemon master, hot shit etc
>head of to battle frontier
>get completely btfo by random hikers and guitarists

Why is it irrelevant when (you) asked to find someone who didn't feel a sense of awe at overhyped garbage was found?
A reaction image that implied your claim that you can't find anyone was retarded. Makes perfect sense, since there are several people here.

Not a kid per say but definitely high school
Definitely . I loved my professor

My game would have to be Mario 64 as cliche as it is.

>Sinnoh
>kid
You have to be 18 or older to post here

I agree that the DP regional dex was shit, but I think BW was worse, even though I liked more designs from that gen. Gen V had a serious lack of Water types and way too many Grass and Bug.

>DUDE WATER LMAO
>while defending diamond and pearl
>regional dex of only 150
>seaking and lumineon in the same dex
>gyarados and milotic in the same dex
>pelliper and mantine in the same dex
>whiscash, quagsire, and gastrodon in the same dex
>better also add tentacruel, golduck, azumarill, and octillery for good measure

also posting the obvious but still relevant:
>only fire types are starter and rapidash
>all the new bugs can only be obtained through the worst capture mechanic ever, honey

Guys have u heard about UNDERTALE

NO REALLY, if you don't like it you're just like soulless or something man

Emerald > X/Y > Platinum > Crystal > Black/White/2 = Gold/Silver > Ruby/Sapphire > Yellow > Red/Blue > Diamond/Pearl

>every regional dex needs at least 200 different Pokémon and each has to have a unique type combination

Your last two points are valid, though

Not him, before Gen 6 came out I definitely saw the most hate for D/P

You're doing it wrong

Gen III > Gen II > Gen V > Gen I > Gen IV > Gen VI

I'm not defending D/P

all I'm saying is RBY are easily the worst pokemon games

the lack of water types was to balance out the 8million water types of gen 4. unfortunately that doesn't really work when gen 5 didn't include previous gen pokemon.

gen V would be a great regional dex if it were about 100 mons, but there is so much filler to get to 150. Things like ruinuclus, gothitelle, and vanilluxe have no right being three stage mons. Plus the monkeys and about 20 legendaries. Red and Blue worked with only 150 because there were so many single stage mons to add variety.

>not symphonia.
wtf nigger.

What, seriously? I just started Platinum. Are there seriously no other fire pokes?

terrible taste

also

>paying gens 1 or 2 when FRLG/HGSS exist, which are objectively superior in every metric

I played that one later in life
TotA got me into Tales games

popping cds into a disc burner to burn games and play them on PS1 and Dreamcast

BW has a ton of Water-types though. 16 in all, with half of those being fully evolved (And that's not including Keldo). That's plenty if you ask me.

>every regional dex needs at least 200 different Pokémon and each has to have a unique type combination
Not and, OR. If there were over 200 mons, all the redundant dex inclusions wouldn't be a problem bc there would be other options. If there was more variety in the dex, 150 would be plenty.

played this game so many times, i know every dungeon puzzle by heart.

platinum added more (at least flareon, houndoom and magmortar. probably more)

HGSS > B2W2 > Platinum > BW > XY > Emerald > FRLG

>games that are defunct due to superior remakes or versions
RBY, GSC, RS, and DP

>unfortunately that doesn't really work when gen 5 didn't include previous gen pokemon
That was my point

>gen V would be a great regional dex if it were about 100 mons, but there is so much filler to get to 150. Things like ruinuclus, gothitelle, and vanilluxe have no right being three stage mons.
Agreed.

>Plus the monkeys
FUCK the monkeys

>and about 20 legendaries
Agreed, Pokémon is way too fucking bloated with legendaries, and every game adds more than the last

In I was including HG/SS with Gen II and FR/LG with Gen I

There was literally no point in making other fire types after infernape and heatran

>I was including HG/SS with Gen II and FR/LG with Gen I
That's confusing, m8. HGSS is part of Gen 4 since it has 493 pokemon and uses Gen 4 mechanics. Same goes for FRLG.

I always see this brought up, but nobody ever mentions that there are only 4 Ice-types in DP. 2 fully evolved. Even RSE has more.

F

ice pokemon blow anyways

weavile is the only good one

Because most people don't actually use Ice types ingame, they just throw Ice Beam on a Water Pokemon or ignore it altogether.

Heatran was postgame. Infernape is pretty 10/10 though.

>play through the game numerous times, trying to collect everything to fill in the item book
>have to grab Zelos' key item thing, its the last thing
>move
>losing memory card somehow

A part of me just died that day, i can never seem to play it over again, even though i still love it.

Warcraft 3 and Frozen throne
Command and Conquer generals, subsequently Tib wars and later on i got into Tib sun.

Guess when i got my first pc?
GTA Vice city and San Andreas
Battle for middle earth
Rome: Total War
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

played both around the same time. abyss was a good game.

i want a remaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=0yzTJYM4p-s

>Agreed, Pokémon is way too fucking bloated with legendaries, and every game adds more than the last
Not true, Gen VI only had six.

After how they handled symphonia's "remaster" i dont know that you do user

>collect everything from the gamecube version
>have to do it again on the ps3 version

BW2 was only good because it was the Johto to Gen V's Kanto. It wouldn't have been half as good if it weren't expanding on Unova in the same way that Gen II expanded on Kanto by tacking Johto onto it.

But like, actually good.

Didnt they remove Zelos/Collette/Kratos KI and just make it a single item? So there's that, unless theres character end acheivements, in which case fuck off.

platinum>BW2>HG/SS>BW1>emerald>FR/LG>everything else.

It makes you feel like a kid AND/OR a squid now.

I've replayed it multiple times, still better than GS, RS and DP by a pretty big margin.

it was not that bad. sure it runs at 30fps and looks weird without the heavy cell-shedding but, its still alright.

well at least it's just a case of having shit taste instead of nostalgiafaggotry

wtf did i just link? here is a better sound version.

youtube.com/watch?v=3gaMKbv-xHU

What does gen 1 offer that others don't?

Hard mode: don't use buzz phrases like "it just has more charm!"

give actual, substantial reasons why Gen 1 is better than any other generation

It was all the added content. Plus it fixed b/w fuck up of focusing too much in the online shit.

Played this to death as a kid, Got caught once by my mother too.

Not really, RBY has character that the games from GSC-DP just don't have, and I'm including FRLG in there.

They finally got shit right with Pt-B2W2 but then they shit the bed again with XY/ORAS.

Kicking the series off isn't enough?

>has character
seeTry again now, this time less buzz phrases. FRLG is part of gen 3, btw.

No? I mean, yeah they're special for that reason but it doesn't make them any better quality-wise than any other generation.

For your regular internet faggot trying to discuss anything apparently not. Fuck those millenials

It wasnt bad but it was stll incredibly lazy, same for how they handled the PC port of it, which is in line with how namco has been handling most of their pc ports.

>B2W2
>character
BW2 dumped all over the character and charm BW had. BW2 felt like any other Pokemon game crammed with shit I've seen before. BW felt like a real sequel, nothing but new Pokemon in a new place, a feeling none of the other games beyond the originals captured. BW2 are highly overrated, BW are better.

Is this a serious question?

Starting the series does not automatically make it better than the successors.

except millennials are the type of people to suck Gen 1's cock for no good reason except "IT WAS FIRST!!!!! MUH ORIGINAL 151!!!!"

DP was the worst Pokémon game.

still better than RBY/GSC

This thread was founded on obvious bait.

Gen 4 was the worst generation and it's disgusting that we have to put up with these children who grew up with it and don't understand the franchise as the majority. I can't wait until gen 5 fags are old enough to displace the sinnohfoeti so we can stop glorifying trash games like HGSS.

DV's/IVS were a mistake and old Pokemon games would have been far more tolerable to go back too if they never existed.

Guys

is it true that there is a speed up hack/code for gen 4 games? this is the only thing that keeps me away of replaying them

Actually no, while Pokemon is generally a linear improvement in quality of life and feature richness gen 4 was the only deviation, being notably worse than gen 1 and 2 in terms of gameplay speed. Truly repugnant games.

yeah nah you're retarded

I hated D/P/Pl, but I liked HG/SS aside from the art direction. What issues do you think they had?

Just play platinum. Speed is fixed there.

King of shit taste right here

>tfw you were 16 when Diamond came out.

I feel old as fuck, guys.

Nah.

Everything about DP is slow. Slower than continental drift. Slower than an old man easing into a bath that's far too hot.

The menu navigation, dialogue, battle scenes, attack animations, walking speed, surfing speed, even things as simple as the transition between walking into a building or selecting an attack and having it register is fucking slow. Nothing in the game happens without a half-second delay, it's just painful to play.

There's nothing wrong with EV's or IV's. They add a semi-random experience to your game.

>muh min-maxing!

Min-maxing is not required single player. Unless you play competetive, EVs/IVs and natures shouldn't mean shit to you. If you are a competitivefag, grinding EVs is easier than ever now. In Gen 7, you'll be able to increase the IVs of your pokemon.

Or you can just join inject master race already.

Only a few things, the entire game just runs fucking slow

All the issues of GSC, which is unforgivable. FRLG and ORAS both took pains to address the flaws of the games they were based on, while HGSS was content to slather itself in gimmicks to lock old content behind. Also unlike FRLG and ORAS, it introduced no new content, so there wasn't even anything to recommend it in spite of those issues. Compound that with running on gen 4's utterly unbearable slow engine and you have a truly awful experience. The only reason to like it would be if you have a particular hard-on for the remixed music or visuals.

I don't care how many times you bitch about DP being slow. It's still better than Gen 1.

Nope.

t. sinnohfetus

I can find plenty of them but goddamn it fits the thread. I felt giddy about getting the pacifist run in a way I haven't felt for a long time. Not sure what it is, since it was just the "power of friendship" sort of thing again, but goddamn it felt great to finish that shit. The twist of Asriel is Flowey was a flooring twist

Genocide was also satisfying from a gameplay standpoint.

Ah, the plaintive cry of the gen 4 babby who can't defend his trainwreck of a generation but feels obliged to try.

>muh slow

Okay that's 1 flaw. Name 31 more.

I don't care if you hate DP. Honestly, it deserves some hate. But saying Gen 1 is better is pure retardation.

>There is nothing wrong with I.Vs

There's plenty. I hate them because if I wanna play the Frontier in Platinum again after a fresh playthrough, I'd never be able make Pokemon on par with what the NPC's use without insane luck. E.vs and natures are fine, I.Vs aren't.

I would probably say it's gen 2 at this point, given how broken gen 1 is you can have a lot of fun despite how terrible it plays. 4's certainly worse than gen 3 though. Jesus Christ it plays so slow. 5 had a pretty slow engine too, but nothing on 4's. I have no idea why people hate on gen 6 so much. It plays fantastic.

>Pearl and Diamond
>makes you feel like a kid
>it came out 10 years ago

You're more than likely underage.

Gen 4 isn't even close to being one of my favorite gens. I just know that Gen 1 is the worst out of all of them.

>Gen 4 isn't even close to being one of my favorite gens.
Of course not. It's just the one you grew up with. Most sinnohfoeti agree that gen 5 is objectively better on every count, and they're right as far as that goes.

i'm ancient if dp made someone feel old

>Of course not. It's just the one you grew up with.

Gen 2, actually. And gen 2 is at the bottom of my rankings right next to gen 1.

>sinnohfoeti
What is this autistic term you've come up with?

>Having an opinion that's not mine is pure retardation
DP just suck. Sorry. RB are only right in front of them though, and behind all the other games barring maybe XY.

>I hate them because if I wanna play the Frontier in Platinum again after a fresh playthrough, I'd never be able make Pokemon on par with what the NPC's use without insane luck
Then breed some, you fucking simpleton.
>Why does the game expect me to actually make use of its systems like breeding to complete challenges set forth!?
Gen. 7 will literally let you just slap 31 IVs on any Pokemon you fucking want, EV training takes all of 20 minutes if you're set up correctly and super training lets you do it any time during the game without any special preparations.

How new?

We'll just agree that you have shit taste and leave it at that.

>Most sinnohfoeti agree that gen 5 is objectively better on every count, and they're right as far as that goes.
I for one agree with this

>Gen. 7 will literally let you just slap 31 IVs on any Pokemon you fucking want, EV training takes all of 20 minutes if you're set up correctly and super training lets you do it any time during the game without any special preparations.

I'm not talking about gen 7 though faggot. Breeding for perfect I.vs in gen 4 when I move all my tools past 4th gen six years ago would take a month of free time per Pokemon at minimum.

All the posts other than this thread containing "sinnohfoeti".

>breeding in gen 4
>not just genning your perfect 6IV/nature pokemon and sending them over GTS DNS spoofing

HGSS doesn't count as gen 2, I'm sorry.

Now try again on the Pokemon board, sweetums.

>I have no idea why people hate on gen 6 so much. It plays fantastic.
I don't think I've seen anybody who hates Gen 6 for how it plays. The dislike is mostly directed at every other aspect of the game being a step backwards.

yeah i told you that earlier ITT

Gen 3 is the worst fucking Gen

>sending them over GTS DNS spoofing

With what wi-fi faggot? Internet support for DS games got cut awhile ago.

you can do that now too though

Regardless of how often an autistic term is used on an autist board, if it were such a widely used term you'd find more than 6 posts with it on Cred Forums which has probably a Pokemon thread every day.

Sinnohfetus is a /vp/ term. It spun off the "hoennbabby" meme, along with "unovabortion" and "kalosperm."

IV > II > VI > III > I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>>>>>>>> V

>sinnohfetus trying to deflect criticism to a better generation
Shameful.

How is gen 4 the worst if plat is easily top 3 in the series?

>Age of Empires
>Super Smash Bros. Melee (turned me away from fighting games for life)
>Runscape
>XiaoXiao No. 4
>WarZone2
>Pikmin
>The Legend of Zelda
>The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

habbo hotel sorta
active worlds
outer worlds
the palace
world of warcraft bc and wotlk servers
pokemon red, yellow, gold
gta iii and vice city
driv3r
time splitters 2
red faction 2
zelda mm, oot, link to the past
dbz budokai
&c.

You mean bot 3, because plat is garbage.

Hoennbabbies are the new genwunners
What a horrible fucking generation

>All the issues of GSC, which is unforgivable
Can you name some?

>gen 4's utterly unbearable slow engine
I can agree with that

>The only reason to like it would be if you have a particular hard-on for the remixed music or visuals
I liked neither, I just loved GSC

I did most of my competitive breeding in Pearl. It's not fucking hard, you don't need straight 31's to be viable and certainly not to do anything in-game. The AI in the frontiers just cheat half the time and hit you through +6 evasion and defense for a crit and OHKO their first try.

>I'm not talking about gen 7 though faggot
Gen 7 is giving you an answer to your inane, whiny laziness, you don't have to breed for IVs anymore.

Dude your taste is literally me. I wish I could give you a high five. Congrats on being cool.

RBY has a better single player campaign. Less linear, more freedom, and we'll rounded challenge. As a dragon quest clone, it still holds up surprisingly well.

Wait, there are people that enjoyed Gen 5? What the fuck? This is like running into someone that thinks the earth is flat.

I fucking hate this image. No one gave a fuck when the games came out. No one gives a fuck now.

Every gen after 1 has better SP content than it. Gen 2 and 4 are also less linear than gen 1 was, and thus also had more "freedom". As for challenge, both Gen 4 and Gen 5 are harder, since you couldn't auto-win by picking the grass starter and catching an abra.

I really like this song.

youtube.com/watch?v=96qogC-0VjI

If you're a fan of Pokemon mainline games, you should understand the different vibe and atmosphere that each generation gives. They are never replicated into other generations. I really liked the feeling this generation gave. The games weren't the worst in the series by any means. Technically that would be the originals if we are talking mechanically.

>play OR
>super mediocre
>injecting happens
>go to the battle mansion
>get to the head bitch in singles with max iv shit straight from smogon
>her pokemon are strong as shit, Azumaril went down in two hits from her Grumpig
>send Scizor out
>takes down the grumpig and the wigglytuff
>purgly finishes it off
>send out blaziken
>mega evolve sky uppercut
>game is good as done
>purugly moves first
>hypnosis
>connects
>lol, dream eater
In what fucking galaxy does Purugly move faster than max IV max EV mega blaziken?

>RS
I'll fucking fight you.

No one complained about horse carriages when they first came out yet everyone prefers cars now.

It's meant to be a rare type. That's like complaining there's not enough Dragon-type Pokemon.

No one gave a fuck when the games came out because everyone was fucking 5 when they came out.
Replaying Yellow on the VC was fun for nostalgia alone, I never plan on playing another game on Gen 1's awful fucking engine

Maybe it had a Quick Claw?

There are more Dragon types than ice types

Spyro is maximum comfy.

Well yeah, they're still rare either way. Except for Gen 6 of course, where you can get a Dragon-type before the 2nd gym.

Gravity Rush.

Everything about it is charming as hell and makes me think of the PS2's golden era. The art style, music, writing are all incredible. Kat is so endearing and likeable, great protagonist. Great sense of humor too.

The moment I started it and the apple fell and the music started to swell I knew it was going to be something special.

No, it holds a big root.

I like it that way. Now that Dragon is no longer a "Boss" type, there's no reason they shouldn't be more common. I like Drampa and that new Dragon they revealed, I hope they're available early on, too.

I'd argue that those flaws add to the charm of those games. Red and Blue were notoriously buggy, and of course there was MissingNo. which everyone knew about even back then.

I still maintain that Yellow (which largely fixed most of the more obvious glitches) is the best Pokémon game. Yes it is nostalgia but I don't care.

How would you know if it's meant to be rare or not? Even if that were true it's a fucking stupid excuse for only having two Ice-type families in the region that's got at least two major areas covered in snow and a late game Ice-type gym leader.

>Muh charm
Gen 2 had more of that without the fuckugly sprites, glitches, awful 'mon distribution, and terrible postgame content

Speed calcs are done before mega evolving, and puruguly has 112 base speed to Blaziken's 80. Even mega Blaziken only has base 100, so you would've needed speed boosts to outspeed Purugly regardless.

>Snowver
>Abomasnow
>Snorunt
>Froslass
>Glaile
>Glaceon
There must be more than this.

Well, the issue with gen 2 is that most of the people that I had played gen 1 with were way over Pokémon by that point. I vividly recall everyone waxing lyrical about how lame Pokémon was basically the day that I had finally saved up enough money to buy Gold.

Objectively I agree with you in every way, but gen 1 had far more impact on me.

I dunno why they felt the need to make gen 2 such a cakewalk though, did people really find the elite four a challenge in gen 1 or something?

There's more bad pokemon games than good ones anyways

Good
>GSC, FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, BW2

Bad
>RBY, RS, DP, BW, XY, ORAS

Though almost all of the spinoffs are good except for Gates to Infinity

Glaceon and the Snorunt family are only in platinum, which also has the Swinub family.

They are all good. You are a fucking moron.

Each generation provides different mechanics and features. You're only choosing the "patrician" or ones that you like the most, which in turn is your opinion and it is fucking garbage.

>BW2
>Good

lol

I like all Pokemon games. Some are just clearly superior to others.

I mean, even among the spin-offs the only bad Pokemon games I've played was probably the shitty Rumble games and Pokemon Channel

BW2 literally has more content than any other Pokemon game

>You're only choosing the "patrician" or ones that you like the most

That list is mainly saying that the third versions and remakes are better than the first games of a gen and that's absolutely true. Except for Gen 6 which had no 3rd version and a rushed remake

>honey select
masturbating to every nipple i see

TRrue

There really isn't.
It's literally just Snover, Abomasnow, Sneasel and Weavile before the post-game (And the Razor Claw to evolve Sneasel isn't available until Victory Road). It's incredibly stupid.

FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST CO-OP GAME EVER

Platinum and HG/SS beg to differ

Both of these literally have less content than B2W2

>Having issues with the regular battle modes.

The bitches even establish that they're just fucking around and you need to fight them in supers for them to take you seriously.

What was the advantage of the DS ver. Over the GBA ver.?

I think gen 4 got good after platinum came out. But i might be the unpopular guy here.

Gen 4 is objectively the best.

Platinum is great. HGSS is great and easily one of the best remakes of all time.

Gen 4 has three regions and was actually challenging.

>muh slow

What's the rush, nigger? You speed running?

>BattleResort is it's own mini-region with new pokemon and story
>HG/SS have the best safari zone in the series on top of a whole second region
vs
>muh PWT
No, they sure don't.

I definetly hated gen 4 more than gen 3. I loved Sapphire FRLG and Emerald.
When gen 4 came out, I was still playing gen 3.

Currently playing through DQ VII and it definitely has that nostalgic flair to it.

sonic 2