Why is it so disappointing?

Why is it so disappointing?

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Poise
youtube.com/watch?v=_07Q1g-sdJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It fails to do anything new with its gameplay or even do it as well as its predecessors, and there's not atmosphere for many of the same reasons as Dark Souls 2 so you can't really get immersed in it. It's overly linear as well.

cause you couldn't get gud
the best part of all souls game was always the pvp

C-team made it

it not

its good Cred Forums just hates the most recent game in any series or any game made past 2010

Where did the interconnectedness go? In DaS1 you could immediately go wherever you wanted from Firelink Shrine, and here you have to choose each world from a stage select like it's a MegaMan game.

Cred Forums loves w3 though

>Shotty netplay
>Basic a fuck
>Meta heavy as fuck in DaS3
>Fun

I enjoyed going on tears of winning with giant axes and readings rolls but the pvp is not the best aspect at all. The level exploration and bosses are the best parts. People claiming Souls pvp is the best part of Souls games are people who are incapable of playing actual competitive genres and must fellatio themselves over being okay a shallow mess.

It tried to be Bloodborne but with the Dark Souls flare.

better than 2 imo but I feel it's lacking what made 1 more enjoyable

Couldn't have been said better.

dlc will save it. if it saved the mediocre dark souls 2, it will save this too

You can literally walk from Undead Settlement to Anor Londo and everything in between, asshole.

Given one warp, you can include all of Lordran Castle in that walk as well.

It's the Call of Duty effect, if you played one of them then you played them all.

In a linear path, faggot. From Firelink Shrine I could choose if I wanted to go through the Undead Burg, or skip it by going through the Valley of Drakes, or just go straight to Blighttown. That kind of connectedness doesn't exist in DaS3.

(you)
>What is fire link shrine

I know I apparently have shit taste but for me it is:
DeS > DaS3 > DaS 2 > DaS 1

How the fuck even is the Soul of Cinder?

>he wants all of it interconnected
>each DS3 area logically ties into the others while being substantial in size
>"but don't make it linear"

Go fucking play something else bitch boy, you don't deserve nice things.

>implying you didn't warp back to firelink all the fucking time in DS1 once Lordvessel was acquired

>but it's bad when DS3 does it

>stop liking things I don't like!

this, we're all a bunch of contrarian hipster fucks
DaS3 is probably gonna be my favorite game in the series if the DLC is on par with the others

but dark souls came out 2011 and Cred Forums loves that game

Linear as fuck (this kills the pve), no poise (this kills the pvp).

It's gonna take a fucking miracle to revive this game.

>no poise
What were they thinking?

apparently poise works kinda like DaS2 where it dictates how many hits you can take before getting knocked out of attacks that grant super armor
but I am yet to see actual proof of this

they were thinking about adapting a slow, tanky mechanic to a faster paced gameplay. It's just one part in a group of gameplay changes to discourage slow combat

Poise (aka hyperarmor) in DS3 works ok-ish. My only complaint is that it only benefits big weapon users

I don't see the problem with it. It's the first Souls game I beat and that's because I think it does everything better than the other games. It looks great, the scale is huge, the combat feels faster but also weightier, and the variety's really fun.

I don't see the problem with it.

Hyperarmor in DaS3 depend on the weapons and the moveset, not the armor you wear.
You can be naked and it will still have the same effect.

For the millionth time, just play bloodborne

Not seeing how non-linearity makes any of that not possible. The fact that the game is almost entirely linear is why I haven't replayed it since my two runs at release.

yeah but poise (supposedly) lets you take more hits/damage than the default amount the attack gives
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Poise

>Shortest game in the series
>most linear game in the seires
>about as much viable weapon variety as bloodborne

Poise doesn't work at all unless you're getting hyper armor whereas all the other games have both working poise and iframes during your swings on big weapons.

poise is actually turned off usually, but is turned on for you the full duration of a hyper armor attack
youtube.com/watch?v=_07Q1g-sdJ0
from what I understand everyone has 100 poise which seems to go down whenever you are hit and goes up when you initiate the hyper armor attack by a set amount related to how much poise you have, this amount is subtracted when the hyper armor attack ends. so if your innate poise is low and you dont get enough poise from your attack to withstand a blow then you get knocked out of it

it wasnt nioh

kys

What's the next webm you'll post, the one where he dodges 50 times in a row or the one with the mimic?

a census taker once tried to tempt me.....

gameplay looks good, but I'm not a fan of the visual design at all

>niohfags

This. Bloodborne was balanced for no poise, Dark Souls 3 is not. This results in less build variety than Bloodborne even had, which is ridiculous. Straight Sword Master Race.

It plays it overly safe and traded amazing world design for amazing level design. It's pretty obvious that Miyazaki's heart was in BB and Old Hunters during the production of this.

You're disappointing, faggot.

>C team
>linear as fuck, no choices
>casualized weapon/armour system
>casualized stamina bar
>non-punishable flasks
>literally zero fucking variety

What is C team?

new meme

Because the invasion system is fucking dogshit.

-too easy
-broken PvP (poise still not fixed kek)
-gank squads
-too linear
-OST is a step up from previous souls but a step down from BB which was right before it

souls PvP is fucking garbage dude, especially in DaS3. over 50% of it is just reads and heals are pretty much unpunishable in DaS3

It'll be fixed in the next patches and DLC, take it easy.

PvP fags killed Souls. Prove me wrong

if something as simply as poise hasn't been fixed in several months I weep for whatever bullshit comes out in the DLC like dark magic in DaS1

It didn't disappoint me, I knew to expect a linear adventure that holds my hand after playing Bloodborne. It's still a good game, but I couldn't play it after my second character.

Also, I'm excited for the DLC.
It was what motivated me to create another 2 characters in Bloodborne, so let's hope it's as godd as The Old Hunters

There's literally nothing wrong with dark magic.

>Why is it so disappointing?

Because part of what made Souls great to begin with is that it was something new. It was obscure, mysterious and different from the norm. That's why people loved it.

Souls is becoming a parody of itself, Souls is becoming mundane. Miyazaki did the right thing by putting Souls on the shelf for now.

>putting Souls on the shelf for now.
It's confirmed that one of the games they have in development right now is a dark fantasy action RPG.

It's self-admittedly linear and needed newer ideas for it's setting. That and Bloodborne spoiled a shit load of us.

Far better PvE than DS2 which I played the fuck out of.

>mfw always used a dex build in previous games
Get fucked you poise faggots.

>dark fantasy action RPG.

They also said Souls was done for now, dark Fantasy ARPG can mean more than just Souls.

I'll believe it when I see it.

kek

Used waaay to much from bloodborne.

Undead settle= hemwick charnel lane

Sulyvahns beasts are watch dogs of the old lords but not on fire

Arch dragon peakis a reskin of the nightmare areas, even has those pile of small rocks every where

catcombs of carthus are reskins of chalice dungeons

i could agree with the first 2 but the last 2 are blatantly false
also sully beasts have a much different moveset

are we talking about das 3 or das 1?

In DaS1 if you didn't have GMB you were fucked, even then they could just wait it out

>Used waaay to much from bloodborne.

Fuck this place and what it means for the lore.

is there pvp in this game or is it strictly pve?

There is talk of it, but a lot of people who play nioh dont want pvp because they dont want the game balanced around it. there is coop though

I still don't know how damage absorption works. I take as much damage as Masters set with havels.

i guess i was exaggerating the chalice dungeon bit and arch dragon peak. Though i know im not wrong about the little piles of rocks you can knock over. Also the jailers are reskins of mergo's chief attendants

that was the point where I realized I didn't know what the fuck was going on

Pvp
ds2>ds3>bb>ds1
Bosses
Bb>ds1>ds3>ds2
Level design
Ds1>bb>ds3>ds2

and then you looked the story up on vaatividya

Miyazaki has always been shit with balance and mechanics. He needs to only design the game and have "B-team" do the mechanics and balance.

Catarina bros 4lyf yo

If games don't get balance around pvp, they will never get balanced at all. Devs dont waste time balancing single player games, they will fix broken stuff and use the excuse "its a single player game play it how you want". The best thing that comes from co-op pvp is that complainers will force devs to balance their game. I rather have a balance game(even if its balanced around pvp) then some broken exploitable shit.

why do you think pvp is better in DaS3 than in DaS1?

Any other Bloodshades here?

>PVP
>best part
user.........

This is just so true, all builds feel so damn week and useless compared to straight / long swords