What are some good One Piece games?

What are some good One Piece games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hbo31XtX2Tg
youtube.com/watch?v=DOZRI_rhYk8
youtube.com/watch?v=oP6dzSRlcrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I enjoyed grand adventure but it's kind of out of date, and had 4kids voice actors.

I played Unlimited World R. It was kinda cool, like a Kingdom Hearts game but with 9 PCs, but got kind of stale. I heard UW for Wii was better.
Grand Adventure is a nice Powerstone knockoff.
Treasure Cruise is a mbbage gacha that's pretty fun. Playing it now. Pic related. If you like collecting, it's pretty good. Freemium, take it or leave it.

I kind of want to get Burning Blood but I heard it wasn't very good.
Why is that?

there are none

Unbalanced. Many characters are bad, like Perona because of her moveset.
Many are very janky, like Jozu has full invincibility and power armor in his special mode. Or Sanji cannot strike a woman and will lose any match against females.
Otherwise it's not bad, but just has a lot of issues.

Pirate Warriors 3 desu

Pirate Warriors 1 had some cool adventure stages and was more like a linear hallway fighter, but the camera was dogshit.

Who's gonna win the Luffybowl?

Usopp

None really, the best you get is "decent but completely unoriginal and doesn't let you play with the setting at all". The sense of scale, use of mobility over huge environments, socio-political depth, or heck even just the many different sources of super-power present in the story, none of them come through in the games we have. Non-canon villains, beep beep!

One Piece seriously screams for all many of different genre of games, yet only the LCD of "strictly follow the plot in limited grindy one-on-one battles", "random predictable filler" and "musou laziness" get made.

> Sanji cannot strike a woman and will lose any match against females
fucking amazing

>Sanji cannot strike a woman and will lose any match against females
Is this real or are you just joking?

>socio-political depth
>One Piece

ITS GONNA BE A GRAND BATTLE

That was the best character select theme

Skypiea best arc

Its real.

Other games make a joke of it, and it just adds hearts.

Pirate Warriors and Burning Blood make it a nerf.

Trafalgar Law

Given that for the longest time nothing else seemed to matter to the character in the comic itself than his inability to be anything than a cringing mess around women, I'd wager on it. Sanji literally almost died from a woman-induced nosebleed.

He didnt mean "depht" in the meme definition. He probably means depth in the meaning of variety.

youtu.be/hbo31XtX2Tg

Pirate Warriors 3 is fucking amazing, tons of levels to play and unlock ables to get and earn

Although I think it's digital only in NA except the PS4 version

Enels lighting attacks barely work on Luffy, and Personas Ghosts don't effect Usopp.

Walk me through exactly what problem you have with that statement.

No one

Well we are still in year of the Sanji, so probably Chopper.

Luffy is literally incapable of feeling love, except for that of Brotherhood and friendship.

This has been proven through his resistance of Hancock's fruit powers.

If you can't name all if these with less than 5 mistakes you aren't a true OP fan
I'm a fraud

I kinda liked Unlimited Adventure.
I hear the Cruise games are better though.

Ace

>If you can't name literally every single literally who side character that never shows up in the franchise again, you're not a true fan.

I used to enjoy Oda's wide variety of characters, but it just seems like these days he keeps adding characters for the sake of adding more characters.

I can literally name every single last one and more. My knowledge of One Piece is beyond encyclopaedic. I could literally edit the damn wiki better than the entire team of chuckle fucks there if I could be fucked with uploading images constantly and implementing headers or whatever.

One Piece isn't ever that outstanding. It's just good enough to digest thoroughly and covers so many bases.

Kinda this. All those fuckers from Corrida Coliseum were unessicary, and we have little exposure of the Whitebeard crew and allies which I'd like more of.

Dressrosa was a mistake. Fucking worthless arc.

>Everything on big moms island are disembodied souls
>The strawhat with soul manipulating powers is on the island

Here, the ending is already known. Watchi it now.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOZRI_rhYk8

That's amazing and I love it.

Pirate Warriors 3 is great.

Goddamn I love One Piece. Wish I could've played as this cubic motherfucker though.

Just because a character has name doesn't mean they have to be recurring or important.
It just makes the world seem more interesting, if a bunch of high tier pirates are a part of a crew they should probably have names.

>banana turns him into a giraffe not a monkey

Does anyone even like Trafalgar?

Black people do.

Why?

Pirate Warriors 3 for action. Yeah it's musou so nothing groundbreaking there but thanks to the diverse cast of One Piece I think it's one of the best musou titles.

Ganbarion ones (Unlimited Cruise, Unlimited World Red) for general One Piece feel and a sense of adventure but not as good action as PW3. They have a lot of busywork so might not be for everyone.

That's about it, every other One Piece game I've tried has been quite shit.

They just do.

Fujos do.

It's a bait-and-switch, meant to fuck speculators over. Truth is, giraffes suit bananas as much as threads suit pears.

There's a reason Teach went through the trouble of researching the Yami Yami. He needed to be absolutely sure of the fruit he was going to eat.

Kaku and Lucci and the others were just given fruit out of nowhere and told to eat them.

While I'm close to completing OPPW3 100%, I will say that there are two issues with the game: Getting S rank is way too fucking easy once you know how to abuse kizuna rush/special spam on most characters. There are some that it doesn't work quite as well due to their second tier specials not covering a wide enough area though. Shanks, Sabo, Fujitora, Luffy, anyone with a wide area of effect is basically a cakewalk.

The second issue is that I wish they'd have made those 27 support characters playable. It's such a tease to see characters I'd love to see playable like Wapol, Monet and Bellamy only to be supports. Hell, Lucci is the only playable CP9 member and he's got the most boring moveset out of the four of them in the game.

It worked out well for Kalifa. Her power was sexy.

Too bad Kalifa totally dropped everything to rely on her new powers and got destroyed by Nami for it. Guess not every fight can be like Blueno's and use a proper combination of Six Powers and Devil Fruit abilities.

I wish they just made 4 with all of the supports playable + some new characters. I know there isn't really much story content for a new game yet but that didn't stop them from making Pirate Warriors 2 which had an original what if story.

From what I've played:
Grand Battle is a serviceable Power Stone clone, albeit with noticeable cuts in the content and 4Kids voice acting.
Unlimited Adventure is a great open-world game, but it's expensive and has way too much crafting.
Pirate Warriors 3 is awesome if you like Warriors games and don't mind Dressrosa ending without 4th gear.

I agree with the support character point. I would love to play as Mr. 3 and Kaku.

Blueno really is one of the toppest fights in the entire cycle. What has happened since the timeskip that has come close? The Yeti Cool Bros vs Fropper vs Luffy fight is the only one coming to mind at the minute, and it's way short.

I like that fight but it bugs me that most people loved it because Oda gave Luffy a "cool" powerup with gear 2 similar to most other powerups in shounen manga/anime that is just super strength/speed with some kind of visual aura. Then they cried bitter weeb tears with gear 3 and gear 4 that were actually creative designs because "they were too silly" even though they are reading one of the silliest fucking manga series available.

I was just thinking that the other day. Every fight since the timeskip has had Luffy asspulling some training he did back two years ago. Fishman Island was supposed to be the big showcase arc. I guess I'm just used to seeing Luffy grow and adapt to a situation rather than 'oh hey i did this thing two years ago, better pull it out now when i haven't yet'. I like seeing the struggle. Doflamingo didn't feel like a struggle, it felt like Luffy just not hitting him hard enough until he finally won, taking a few months to do it because he ended up fainting from using too much Haki. Don't even get me started on that concept. Haki is just the worst.

>4Kids voice acting
Does that mean you've got the literal best voice acting performance ever given in the history of human kind?
youtube.com/watch?v=oP6dzSRlcrU

Yes, Sanji does have that flu-ridden voice in Grand Battle. Not sure about Kuroobi, although he is present as one of Arlong's assists.

Who is everyones favorite character to play as in Pirate Warriors 3? Mines pic related

>Wuant desuurrt?

Dance Battle is not good.

There's a lot of boobs in it though.

To be honest, I haven't unlocked everybody in the game, but my favorite so far is Trafalgar Law.

It's One Piece, you get lots of boobs regardless

Alabasta arc wasn't my favorite but I did like ol' Croc

I think the thing that redeems Gear 2 (unlike say modern haki and Gear 4) is the justification for the power, coupled with the original lifetime-shortening effect of the power's use. Manipulating the elasticality of your own circulation is exactly the sort of crafty thinking that justifies the diversity and seeming-disparity in Devil Fruit power strength.

People who criticise Gear 3 are retards, but Gear 4 is pretty lazy all things considered. It's an outright Super Saiyan altered state, with a flimsy justification that basically just rests on MOAR HAKI xP, it's an excuse for Oda to do another lazy bubble-with-tiny-head-and-tree-trunk-arms silhouette, and an excuse for more weeb-pandering (muh-Nioh-statue, muh epicanthic folds). It's redeemed chiefly by the collapsing telescopic arm effect, but it isn't that great and could've been implemented without the rest.

Pretty much why Timeskips suck in a nutshell. Imagine if Oda had spent two IRL years doing bit-and-piece arcs from each 'Hat on their respective island, a few other characters (Coby?) having shenanigans elsewhere, and maybe that robot series he talked about, getting it out of the way. When the Hats reunited (which would've been 4 years ago today), Oda could've used real challenges and would'nt've had to bloat FI, PH and DR so much.

>armspan is shorter than height

>He doesn't main Kizaru or Caesar

I like PW3 and BB. Maybe not the best games but I find them fun.

Is fish princess a playable character?

I like Usopp

Are thoseOne piece games on 3ds that were europe and Japan only any good? I think they were UW games but can't remember.

I don't think so.
Is that Otohime? I really need to finish Fish-Man Island

hell yeah, Crocoboy is the best mang

It's actually pretty fun. Autists from the fighting game community don't like it though because its unbalanced, but thats the fun part, some characters are much more powerful than others just like in the anime. It's like the MW2 of fighting games i guess.

Shirahoshi. And that would be a good idea. Fishmen Island was the most relaxing segment in One Piece right up until the conflict kicked in.

Pirate Warriors 3 or Burning Blood?

PW3
Anyone play them?

Thanks.
I checked. She's playable in Berry Match (then again, everybody is), and is a support in Burning Blood and some of the handheld Japanese games.

Bump

For One Piece there's three series of videogames that are readily available excluding the Wonderswan games, PSONE and one-shot installements. These are the best titles to get into.

The Grand Battle series of games (From Grand Battle 3 to Super Grand Batle X) are good and probably the best games you're gonna get from this franchise, if you're familiar with Power Stone then you're feel at home, lost of fun and pretty decent depth wise for a licensed fighter. The Gigant Battle series is a spiritual successor of sorts from the same company for the DS but in 2D if you're familiar with the excellent Jump Ultimate Stars its very familiar to it.

The Unlimited Adventure series is decent and the closest you're going to get to a full 3D adventure OP game. Its mostly a collect-a-thon with janky combat but still pretty fun.

The Pirate Musou series are the go to recommendation for OP games given their popularity and association to the Musou brand of games and being the first HD release of the series, if you've played Musou games then you've played them all and to save you the trouble just get 3rd installment which pretty much covers everything from the past two installments including the new stuff. I you're new to OP then its the easily game to obtain but if you don't like Musou games don't bother.

Burning Blood is the newest game and what's to be a brand new sub fighting game installment in vain of of Grand Battle/Gigant Battle. From the same people who did the incredibly flawed and dead J-Stars Victory Versus it seems like they learned what didn't work for that game but still can't get it down like how CC2 did with the Ultimate Storm series. Whether you're a fan of fighting games or OP you're not gonna get much out of it with its clunky combat and unbalanced roster and a bare bones "story mode" but I still found it more fun than J-Stars so there's something.

I'm pretty sure it was Unlimited Cruise. Not sure if it includes both games, but Unlimited Cruise was originally two separate Wii games, where your save carries over from the first to second game. Them, as well as Unlimited Adventure for the Wii are the best One Piece games in my opinion. The combat may be a bit stiff at times, but more than any other game, it captures the spirit of the series. Unlimited World Red was pretty much a bastardization of these games.

I kinda liked the end of PW3 with everyone working together to take down Doffy.

No, because the lazy fucks never think about how to properly implement massive size into gameplay. They have to half the height of characters like Kuma, and do nothing to exploit the height differential.

4Kids one is better, the characters actually have personality and it keeps the food named attacks from the manga.

Plus that "Son of a bitch!" is just hilariously sad and out of place.

Ah thanks so much. I've asked that in on piece threads, 3ds threads and hbg and never got an answer. I was gonna put them on my 3ds if they were any good. So it's called unlimited cruise?

Looks like it's two separate games on 3DS as well. One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP and One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP 2. I can't vouch for the quality of the 3DS, but if you're just downloading them for free, they may be worth a try. If you don't like them after the first bit, don't bother continuing them. They're pretty great if you're a big fan though. Among other cool things, there's a fully explorable Thousand Sunny.

Ivanokov.

Once I figure out how to actually use the people he makes have big heads, I loved the gameplay.

Crazy strong when combos correctly, but not OP bullshit like Fuji.

His triangle triangle square combo is pretty OP as fuck, especially the Kizuna rush version.

Dressrosa literally set up the foundation for the final war. Everything Oda adds is for a reason. Even a minuscule background character has a story and name. I'm serious.

>One Piece
>Good

Choose one and only one

The only good ones are the fighting games with Chibi graphics, sadly. Naruto and DBZ got the best games.

Yeah I absolutely love the games and story having never read or whatever it. I've played the hell out of the musou games getting the platinum on 1 and 2. Il still played Grand Adventure and have a lot of fun with it. I need to get the GBA game still. Looking in the cruise games it looks like SP 1 and 2 look good and run well. SP 1 seems like it has episodes 1 and 2 together. And SP2 was Europe exclusive or something. So plenty of one piece fun. My dick was guided to the series through Nami and Nico and stayed for the fun

I choose the ONE PIECE

Perona, easily. Depressing huge loads of enemies then popping them all at once is super satisfying. Mihawk is also fun with his combo-boosting stuff.

I enjoy characters with unique gimmicks.

Why would she be? Literally a huge wussy who is incapable of hurting anyone.

>tfw the anime will never be worth watching

I want Toei to leave and never come back.

Talking shit?

How bad is Sanji's familia gonna get their shit pushed in?

Doesn't change it from being absolute shite.

In fact everything after the time skip has been Bleach tier trash.

>352364878
Okay, that's nice.

>original lifetime-shortening effect of the power's use
You know this is a mistranslation, right?

F

The current state of the anime is just diabolical.

Huh.

It's basically impossible to make it balanced because they have to make the movesets true to the characters and the df powers in One Piece are so fucking broken.

Who has the saddest backstory in all of One Piece?

A tie between Perona, Eneru and Croccaboy. Kizaru is a close second behind them tho.

Is this from the anime? Why would you watch something so shitty looking and not just read the damn manga?

Original dialogue talks about how Gear 2nd would effect people whose hearts weren't made out of rubber and how it would potentially kill or drastically shorten the life span of them. It doesn't shorten his life span if that were to case it wouldn't be his consistent go to move

What is the One Piece?

A piece (or large pile) of treasure that Gol D. Roger left somewhere (allegedly Raftel). Finding it makes you the Pirate King.

Brook has the absolute most sad back story of any character in the entire series. Robin's backstory is incredibly overrated.

Brook > Chopper > >Franky >Robin > All the others are pretty dumb.

Of course, we still don't know Blackbeards backstory, so there's always that possibility.

The worst girl.

It beats fucking me. Some people literally cannot just read, in spite of the mountains of benefits to picking manga over anime.

>Finding it makes you the Pirate King.
wrong, kicking everyone's asses makes you pirate king

Interesting, cheers dude.

Obviously a superweapon-powered or related means to destroy Mariejois and the surrounding Red Line as it intercepts the Grand Line, causing Fishman Island to rise to the surface and creating the mythical All Blue ocean, uniting the disparate corners of the world into One Piece.

In order to get to it, you gotta kick everyone's ass.

WHAT IS THAT a FIVEHEAD?
HOLY SHIT AMERICANS

Senior Pink

How exactly does a forehead get fat? It's one of the last places the body assignes fat to, and there's still room on that revolting woman's cheeks for more fat. It's a disorder.

Yeah this. I'm waiting for the Doflamingo Crew Reunion Serial to have Pink bust the others out of prison for loyalty's sake but then go his seperate way and look for Franky to have that drink.

A single piece of map that leads to the next treasure, Two Piece.

Well, even so, we're not really sure if it's even a "treasure" that can be acquired through physical means. For all anyone knows, it could be the treasure that was inside of you all along for all we know.

Oda has confirmed time and time again that One Piece is something physical.

That flashback is literally the only good thing to happen after timeskip.

The friends you met along the way.

>tfw I watched the anime with my old roommate right up through the CP9 arc, then skipped thriller bark and skipped to the shabaody arc just so I could hopefully convince her to read the manga after CP9
>tfw she was super into the CP9 arc but lost interest in the idea of reading

Caesar is pretty neat too. And so is Monet.

The main problem with their arc was mirrored later in dressrosa: awful pacing. Towards the end 80% of every chapter was crammed with cutaways to remind us where everyone was in relation to everything else.

It's Luffy's hat, which was given to him by Shanks, who very likely received it from Roger himself

It's a bomb that'll blow up the red line. Thereby fulfilling the prophecy Luffy will destroy fishman island and uniting all the oceans as one to simultaneously fulfill Sanji's dream.

Yeah, this is my most preferred theory thus far. You don't make a whole scene explaining to Luffy how he is going to fuck the island up without it actually happening. They made it seem ominous and threatening, but Luffy isn't like that, and it will most obviously be a side effect.

I doubt it, however, I sure can't waity for the Luffy Vs. Shanks fight, because it's obviously going to happen.

>Fishman Island was my favorite story arc of the show
C-come on, user. That's silly. They would never consider blowing up Fishman Island, right? Th-they wouldn't do that, right? Not after everything they went through to get there... RIGHT?!

but what if luffy turns evil

It's literally right below the holy city, which Luffy and co will definitely be going towards the end.

And it has a gigantic ark.

A fucking ARK. It's the most unsubtle foreshadowing ever beyond outright stating it via prophecy (which they did).

Luffy will blow it all up and ferry everyone to safety via ark.

>somebody slips something into his drink to drive him mad
>yfw he becomes Ruffy