What's Cred Forums's experience with sites like cdkeys and G2A?

What's Cred Forums's experience with sites like cdkeys and G2A?

They sure got some sweet deals, and I see them advertised in legit places, but it all just seems too good to be true, and I know there's alot of controversy surrounding them with keys occasionally getting deactivated and customers losing access to the games.

Thoughts?

Preordering games for $40 ain't bad

The keys were bought with stolen/fake credit cards.
Buy at own risk but I personally wouldn't support that scum.

I bought SFV for $38
and I Pre-ordered DOOM for like $33
so far so good

G2A is good from what Ive experienced. I bought Gears Ultimate and another game and they came through but i did get the extra 1 buck protection thing

Its a toin coss. Take the risk and save a decent amount of coin or get ripped off.

First time I bought anything from G2A I got a $700 charge on my credit card from someone in eastern europe using it to buy a whole bunch of stupid shit.

I'm not going to bother with any grey market sites ever again

I used to buy from them all the time using visa gift cards and always got what I payed for, although now that I have an actual debit card I'm a little wary.

Shit, how long ago was this? you sure it was from g2a? what other sites have you used your card on? never had an issue myself.

>Giving G2A your credit card details directly when buying a game
There's your problem

Bought from them on numerous occassions (mostly paradox games and DLC but also Rocket League and some other steam games) and never got disappointed. Personally, I'm fine with whatever sources it may come from as long as steam charges games for western prices while in my country it is unreasonably high with the income we get here.

Did you not use PayPal?

used both before, haven't been screwed over yet

>Not using paypal for every single internet purchase

You fool

>actually giving them your cc details

How retarded are you?

>buy ESO from G2A
>don't even like it, forget about it completely
>few weeks later, get an email from Zenimax saying I used a stolen key and my account was deactivated

Not a big deal, but if it was a game I'd actually enjoyed I'd be pretty upset.

My experience is that for a lot of people, mentioning G2A is akin to trying to argue politics or religion.

bought from both before. personally i trust cdkeys alot more than g2a cause they don't look as shady/pull the "pay us x to make sure you don't get fucked over" bullshit, plus they were recommended to me by starbucks while i was working there.

It was G2A, bought xcom 2 from them

Happened probably 3-4 months ago.

Funny though, how all these G2A threads never mention that, or anywhere else that talks about them.

In fact, I even explicitly googled around to check reviews and see if they were legit or not. To see if there were any tricks I had to know about before buying anything. The overwhelming results I got were - "Yeah! Totally safe bro!" And then I got fucked over (luckily fraud dpt took care of it).

>Funny though, how all these G2A threads never mention that, or anywhere else that talks about them.

Because I don't know anyone who types out their CC details into sites. You always pay through paypal, for everything.

You clearly don't know many people at all if any

You sound like an autist stuck in an insular world where you don't interact with anyone outside your bedroom

I just scoured my bank statements and it seems I'm in the green.
How does G2A work then? Is it the service itself that is stealing card data or the seller?

So you never shop with Amazon?

Says the guy who had his cc details stolen like a utter mouthbreathing mongoloid

I've bought a handful of games from G2A. I've always used PayPal and I only buy codes. I heard you should get codes and try to avoid getting gifts (steam). I got the Jew2A protection thing each time just in case and I've never had any problems.

Almost no one uses paypal for everything, user. I almost never ever use paypal and I make hundreds of online purchases on my cards and never had an issue. Paypal is shit, anyway

G2A and key reseller websites are legit if the seller is trusted. If a seller has 0 or low reviews or refuses to do G2A shield then they aren't trusted.

I bought Dark Souls 2 Russian code for PC from G2A when it come out for $20. I used a VPN to activate it on Steam and it worked like a charm, was able to play in English and with my friends and shit.

>'Almost no one uses paypal for everything'
>has one of the biggest market shares for online purchasing

okay

I use G2A but I pay through paypal, I don't trust them with my CC info. If shit goes to hell, it's on Paypals account and I can get farther with them than with some shady russians.

If a seller on g2a has more than 95% satisfaction you're guaranteed to not get fucked. Below that don't buy

Steam accounts' ownership can be contested over by using a game key that was used on that account. Considering this, I prefer to not buy from sites like this anymore. I did buy a couple of games from Kinguin though, without problems.

this
and don't jew on Shield

I think it's the seller, I'm really not positive, but the CC details get passed to people outside G2A and if you get a bad seller they fuck you over.

That's one hell of a leap in logic.

Reminder Amazon does not accept paypal and is the premier shopping website online

The seller I used had a 98% rating and thousands of reviews

It's really not much different than ebay. Ebay also sells stolen shit and people have gotten their info stolen via ebay. You run that risk for the discount.

You realize credit cards aren't really popular outside of America, right? Paypal is generally used as an alternative.

Personally I wouldn't buy from key seller sites, you have no idea if those codes were stolen or not.

FFXIV not too long ago started banning people who were using gamecodes that were bought from G2A or Kinguin using stolen credit cards or were chargebacked. A guy on my server lost about 400 hours worth of playtime because of it and had to start all over.

>using your real cc info
lmao

You realize paypal isn't accepted at the vast majority of retailers, right?

Maybe for the ones that sell mainly in America, but that doesn't matter for that group. Shit like Amazon is shit tier here.

Debit cards exist literally anywhere a bank exists. So literally everywhere

>You realize credit cards aren't really popular outside of America
You realize you are wrong?

Debit cards don't exist where you live? Do you fuckers carry cash everywhere?

I can't recall ever being at a retail store in person and being asked "cash card or paypal?"

By the way credit cards in general are a trap intended to lock you in debt and shouldn't be used anyway. Don't buy shit you don't have the money for now.

The thing with G2A is that a lot of people forget that it isn't just a store but also somewhere where other people sell things. If you buy directly from G2A for a key 99.9 % of the time nothing bad will happen. It's when people buy from sellers that's when dodgy shit happens

You can't just use a debit card whenever you can use a credit card.

Yes you can...?

But you literally can are you stupid? I use my debit card everywhere and not once has it ever been rejected

I've bought a couple games off of there like Skyrim and The Witcher 1&2. It's legit.

>in person
Well no shit. I thought this was the internet. In that case, your argument doesn't matter.

>paypal is generally used as an alternative
lol no it fucking isn't you idiot

You stupid fucking idiot you just told everyone you're from america

>He's an American Expresscuck

It's not standard though. At least not here. You need maestro or whatever else they always say.
>You stupid fucking idiot you just told everyone you're from america
What? No I didn't.

Even in America debit cards are accepted everywhere. This guy must live in some backwards African nation

I'm talking about online retailers obviously by the way.

I only use cdkeys

G2A looks too shady for me

So far I've ordered doom, dx:md, r6 siege season pass, and battlefleet gothic armada over the course of this year and haven't had a single one taken back and no problems whatsoever

bretty gud in my book

Yes every online retailer I've used have accepted debit cards

>every online retailer I've used
Oh yes, that is equal to everywhere! Sorry for doubting you.

I bought Just Cause 2 from G2A and got the key revoked from my Steam account like a week later. The seller had good reviews and a good score so I didn't think I needed the G2A shield.

Thats why you check the sellers rep before buying. Most of the time I try and buy from g2a directly. The only scummy thing ive seen them do is their protection shield thing and if you tick the box they automatically charge you for it.

Only got shit from cdkeys.

The key they promised didnt arrive so I had to get a refund and get the key from gmg.cdkeys refunded my purchase on the first demand, so I see no problems with them.

I use g2a all the time and have never had a problem. I guess i'm lucky then?

>using shady ass sites
Name 1 (ONE) legitimate site that doesn't accept debit cards

American debit cards don't work for online purchases

I'm American my debit card works for online purchases. Do you even have a debit card?

Seller rep doesn't mean shit. Bots leave fake reviews all the time. The only way to guaranteed a good sale is to use the Shield offer and if the seller doesn't agree then they aren't legit and if they do agree and scam you, you get your money back ASAP.

have you used Shield before? I remember some user here saying that they bought a game using Shield, didn't get any key and G2A customer support didn't provide key or refund his purchase

Just use paypal it's free and their protection is way better

Don't believe everything you read on Cred Forums

I've got scammed on G2A before over CSGO items and I luckily paid the $2 shield price and got my money back in about 30 minutes.

Whether you believe me or not is up to your own discretion. If you think all this shit is shady then just don't fucking buy from underground sellers, get your shit directly from a retail store.

shield doesn't mean shit, they don't actually protect you and fight tooth and nail to come up with reasons for not protecting you

it's just a scam for more money

I have bought a ton of keys (always through paypal) on kinguin and the likes.

Never had a single issue with any of them, always received my key instantly, always worked and never had anything revoked.

t. kinguin marketer

let's say a guy has an ice cream shoppe, and then a bum comes in and steals 100 ice cream cones and then sets up a wooden stand on the other side of the street selling the stolen ice cream cones for 70% off

would you buy it from that bum, knowing all the ice cream is stolen?

>By the way credit cards in general are a trap intended to lock you in debt and shouldn't be used anyway. Don't buy shit you don't have the money for now.
Around here (Europe) credit card is pretty much synonymous with debit card. When someone says paying with a credit card, he means paying with money he has on his account.

paypal doesn't protect you from purchases gone bad, only if you get your CC info stolen and it was their fault.

>would you buy it from that bum, knowing all the ice cream is stolen?
Sure, it's not my problem.

>food analogy
LMAO
M
A
O
and yes I would

forgot to say that the bum hid pot in his icecream and now the police confiscated it from you but not before charging your ass for possession

Test

After that faggot indie dev tried to start a smear campaign and were proven to be outright lying about G2A I cant take anything said about the site at face value.

The only argument against buying steam keys on grey market sites is refunding

You can't refund these keys once you activated them on steam

>Hiding pot in icecream
I thought your example was retarded but then you added this and it got even more retarded

It would never happen what ifs are retarded

Buying from G2A is like buying a used game from Gamestop. You pay a cheaper price and the devs get no money.

But if the game you bought from Gamestop turns out to be stolen, you don't see anybody come and take the game away.

I never use the shield, but I got an immediate refund when I opened a ticket about the fact that a Minecraft account I got my ex stopped working, although I think that's mostly because they were caught completely off-guard when you now needed an Email and Mojang account to log-into MC, and Mojang refused to give that information to people with just a login/password alone

PayPal a shit. Someone jacked my XBL account like 8 years ago, it was tied to my PayPal to occasionally buy dlc since I didn't have a credit card yet.

This was a widespread thing about Brazilian tickets stealing accounts and buying FIFA dlc for themselves. Dozens of forum posts regarding it. PayPal and Microsoft didn't do shit for me.

And I wasn't stupid with my credentials or login information. Hardly used computers back then.

Been against PayPal since, lost $100. Which is a lot for a 16y old

I just preordered a game of Civ 6 as a gift to some random user a few months ago, I used prepaid cards though, credit cards suck ass.

Only buy from sellers that have TONS of perfect feedback.

Don't bother buying the 'Protection' bullshit.

If you're super cheap then just make a Russian account and buy Russian serials for pennies on the dollar.

Remember kids, you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get.

Pay next to nothing then don't be surprised it was fake and your account is disabled.

>doesn't know that credit scores rule the world.

How's mom's house?

in three or four years of using them every so often I haven't had a single issue. one time a key was from the wrong region or something, I can't remember, but I sent in a message and it was sorted out within a couple hours.

as far as it being ethical goes, that's more dubious. I don't blame people who don't want to support the way they do business, but a lot of the games I buy tend to be games I've already owned on console / off steam and just want to add to my collection so then I feel a bit hazier about it having made my contribution at that point.

I bought a truck at the age of 16.
Just cause you were a dumb kid doesn't mean everyone else is

I've bought maybe thirty games from there.

One of them mysteriously got pulled due to "payment issues" and I contested it on G2A and after ten days the dealer never responded and the site refunded me my money.

If you're not retarded, you won't get scammed.

Been using cdkeys for years. No problems so far and i don't think they sell "stolen creadit card" keys since most keys i get are scanned in from physical copies. So they probably just buy them from poorfag countries.
And you don't give your CC info directly to them either, so that's a plus.

Are there any key sites that don't require you to connect a social media account for verifying your identity in order to sell keys?