Destiny

youtu.be/47RMUsen3c0

This was depressing
I want a 3rd Person Action-Adventure game in this universe not this weird half baked FPS/MMO we got.

I'm sure Destiny 2 will be awesome now that it's being designed for current gen consoles. TTK was a huge improvement so I'm sure RoI will be too.

But I don't fucking want an FPS with a wanna be Dark Souls lore and MMO social mechanics (forcing me to do raids I hate this and it made me feel like my money was wasted on TTK). I hate how I get cool looking space ships and I can't fly them. This game is limited in every single modern game design way.

RoI won't be a huge improvement, it's just meant to tide us over until Destiny 2.

Where has destiny 2 been talked about?

Would you reccomend a new player start with the ultimate collection or whatever version of Destiny now

Get the $59.99 collection. There's a lot of content there and I'd say that's worth it.

Personally I'm skipping Rise of Iron until the PS4K comes out, maybe even wait until Destiny 2 launches on PC (they're contractually obligated to deliver Destiny 2 on PC)

I wouldn't recommend playing Destiny at all

I got like 150 hours out of it. It's fun. It's just held back by being a console shooter.

tide YOU over until Destiny 2. Fucking casual

There is absolutely no way they could do playable zones on planet with actual space ship travel between. Even if they did some pulse/warp like NMS. At best a few times in the story mode the game could go full Halo Reach and have a space battle but the ships would be only reskins.

Destiny 2 needs to deal with zone transitions, player counts in patrol zones, and patrol missions being not worth it and boring as fuck. I'd like a whole planet to be a zone, and have all the transitions between areas not be matchmaking based and have a overall player count for the whole patrol zone. Like 50 people for Cosmodrone seems reasonable.

Not having to deal with PS3/360 better lead to bigger zones, higher player counts and less load times. PC please

i heard rumors of bungie discussing it as early as a month after destiny released

It was part of the fucking huge contract (the one confirming a PC release) and they confirmed that because Destiny 2 got delayed, Rise of Iron would take its place

In game development you develop for the lowest common denominator, in Destiny's case, that was the Xbox 360. Now they're at least developing for consoles made in 2013 versus 2005

Should've been a tps desu.

the proto they had for it looked pretty gud.

Griesemer, Marty, and Staten no longer work at bungie.

Who gives a fuck anymore?

Why should anyone give a fuck what you want?

L M A O

What prototype? Link now

No no no. I don't need a fully open world or some dumb ass 'zone' crap. Why is it so hard to give me a playable space, where I can roam around and do quests with my tiger, and then do some space battle stuff with my own personal space ship. Idk man I feel like it's not hard the problem is adjusting ambition to what they want. I guess I just want a different game than what's on offer.

Destiny 2 might be that

I'm sure this is b8, but his opinion seems to be the same as everyone else I know who bought Destiny.
Even the normies I work with all said it got old really fast, though they couldn't quite put their finger on it.

this is one of the games where you can tell they wanted to do more, and its sad they didnt have enough time or resources to do it in the game.

the world and design is so cool, but theres just not enough shit in the game.

>I want a 3rd Person Action-Adventure game in this universe not this weird half baked FPS/MMO we got.

Is the same as

>but his opinion seems to be the same as everyone else I know who bought Destiny.

Nope, speak only for yourself. There are still plenty of people who play and enjoy it, for some reason.

All the people still playing?

End game is based around raids.
>There is no in game match making for said raids
>There is no lobby system in which people can create rooms for other people to join
>People have to create dedicated websites for LFG for said raids

No I would not recommend this game under any circumstances unless you're just looking for a casual shooter like cod.

Have friends to play with? Yes.

If not, NO!

thats one of the WORST fuckups about this game. id be playing it obsessively if it didnt require me going on some fucking website, adding people, messaging them on the god awful psn messaging system typing in letters on my fucking controller, waiting, trying to join parties, then finally joining a fucking game. shit is so annoying and unnecessary. if i can just join an ingame lobby or matchmaking id be playing that shit 24/7.

i ran the ttk raid so many fucking times and never got bored.

I pre ordered RoI just because the game is decent for a few weeks and I never have been to a raid my entire time with it which is a fucking shame.

I'd be playing 24/7 as well with all the things you mentioned plus 60fps. I would never stop.

I guarantee you for Destiny 2 they do a raid finder like WoW

People will till have to do private groups and shit for normal difficulty and higher difficulties, but a Raid Finder difficulty will be added and have matchmaking for it. So people can SEE the content by playing it rather than seeing it on youtube/stream but will not get the same light level gear.

Raids are cool but be prepared to get annoyed with console gamer's inability to plug in a fucking headset and communicate a basic raid mechanic

Keep in mind that these retards are the ones asking for EVE Online on PS4. Imagine EVE (a game based entirely on player interaction) when they can't jump on the plates at the right time.

>There is no in game match making for said raids
That's the point.
>There is no lobby system in which people can create rooms for other people to join
Yes there is.
>People have to create dedicated websites for LFG for said raids
They are already in existence.
>No I would not recommend this game under any circumstances unless you're just looking for a casual shooter like cod.
How does actually having to communicate with people make it more casual? Especially when everything you complained about this game supposedly not having in it, is present in casual shooters like COD?

The game lacking keyboard/mouse and being constrained to the Xbox Live/PSN party/VOIP mechanics makes the game really tedious to play versus a game like Diablo on PC.

Maybe console users don't really understand what I'm on about, but I'd much rather be able to shift+tab and do destinylfg than have to fuck around with my phone and manually type people's names in using the controller in hopes that I get an invite before they have a full party.

Game would be infinitely better on PC due to the vastly improved user experience.

Why would you not want match making for raids?
Give me 1 good reason why you would rather make it harder for your community to group up together to do content?

How is there a lobby system?
People inviting you to their game is not a lobby system. A lobby system is a menu with rooms listed in which said player has created for a certain objective usually in the title.

LFG sites are in existence for this game because there is no lobby system and match making for raids. If there were these websites wouldn't exist period.

Did you even read what I wrote?
Did I say that having to communicate with people made this game casual?
I said I only recommend this game as a casual shooter because they could just as easily jump into some casual pvp as they can in cod.