Can we just talk about the original Xbox please?

Can we just talk about the original Xbox please?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/BcKRS47
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-Qez1kIUA
youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2M0dYSibo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Best OG game coming through.

sry i've got to go

It was an OK console that is more than anything a relic of its time, aged terribly and will never be worth anything.

sure. Great line up of games. Stubs the Zombie and the first 2 Halo's. What turned me off getting it was the size compared to the ps2.

You want what for christmas? The original xbox one? The first xbox one?

One of the best consoles

>splinter cell chaos theory and double agent
>far cry instinct
>gta in HD

I tried Stubbs recently but couldn't really get into it. Been playing this recently and it's great.

oh fuck yeah i'm in

That thing was gigantic, I remember the first game I got for it was JSRF, also at the time traded my ps2 MGS2 for the Xbox substance version and having a lot of fun with the special missions.

Microsoft were based back then and theyre trying to reach that level again but its just not possible in this ecosystem

Shit console. The end

Original Xbox Discord, Come join us in playing some Xbox classics every friday and saturday.

discord.gg/BcKRS47

Sure, where the fucks my emulator Cred Forums FUCK!

>tfw no kingdom under fire heroes backward compatibility

I was living in the third world at the time. As a result, I had not heard anything about a game's console by Microsoft. But a friend got one and I thought it was really edgy and underground.

What xbox games work on a 360 slim. Even though the only xbox game that matters isnt bc, it would still be nice to know

Xbox hueg is cool just because Sega tried to make it the Dreamcast 2.0
Prove me wrong

You know what game was cool? Breakdown.

>Prove me wrong
Skies of Arcadia Legends. on Gamecube.

yakuza is on ps2

sonic advance 2 is on gba

I've been wanting to play breakdown again for so, so long

it sucked only losers bought it instead of the ps2

I owned both. Quit projecting your poverty onto other people.

The only things this piece of shit had going for it were a couple of Sega exclusives and Halo.

How the fuck are you supposed to even play with the controller wire that small lol??

Best thing for arcades.
>Add coin timer to arcade machine
>Make a dashboard that can't be unlocked except for a service button
>Put a 80gb hdd on it full of games
>Make Lots of money

be a little kid

Even a kid would have to stand right in front of the tv. No wonder so many people need glasses these days

This version of Conker is really bad. There's a reason why they put the n64 version in the Rare Collection instead of this shitty mess.

Breakdown was so good. Ultra hard, made each room and fight very meaningful.

Staying close to the tv doesn't cause more eye strain though.
The thing that fucks you over is the time spent, not the proximity.
This is why Cred Forums has excellent eye sight, since we don't fucking play vidya.

It's a stock image. The wire is long as fuck, much longer than PS2 or gamecube controllers.

Nice try microsoft shill

>More than PS2 or gamecube controllers
Hahaha
But seriously the cable is comfortable enough imo.

I'm looking into old Xbox games. But that's about it.

>Hahaha
It literally is. Do facts amuse you or something?

Well, I don't remember and can't find shit on google, but in case a microsoft shill is here, the problem with xbox controllers has always been the cable.
They always broke from the cable.

I wish i bought more games for that console

I've got ps2 and xbox controllers sitting under my tv right now. The xbox controller cable is much longer. This was always a point of conversation when going to a friend's house for multiplayer Halo.
>They always broke from the cable.
First I'm ever hearing of it. You're not talking about the breakaway cable are you?

Nope, we used them hardcore in my pirate hangout, we sold pirated games and we played with xbox all day.
Controllers worked pretty good, but they always broke from the cable. Meanwhile ps2 controllers lasted about twice the time.
that's why I bought an adapter that allows you to use the DS2 in xbox, and it was perfect after that.

Superior console with better games coming through.

Probably Chinese copies or something.

My controller is 12 years old and still working perfectly.

>tfw emulation and hd remasters make it difficult to want a ps2 again
>if they literally rerelease METALWOLF CHAOS this console will become worthless

My PS2 controllers would crap out sooner in my experience, but I used them a hell of a lot more so who knows.

It had GOAT online play, and literally the best console graphics of it's time. Only Chaos theory coming close.

The only gripe is the censoring of swear wors in the single player, but it didn't bother me all that much.

Those were Chinese shit. Real Xbox controlers are sturdy as fuck, also, the breakaway cable prevented you from damaging the internal circuits or from drooping the console

i miss the thing and ssx tricky. im a retard btw

youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-Qez1kIUA

Best game.

DoA3 made me cum, and I'm talking about the graphics

All you PS2 loving faggots playing single player vidya need to get tehxlinkkai.

Do people still use it for xbox hueg?

Every single day

Anything besides Halo?

I miss the Dreamcast 2.

Occasionally, mostly on weekends

I don't know, but you probably didn't use them so hardcore, if we bought copies those only lasted a week.
As I say, it was hardcore gaming, 12 hours a day nonstop.

Phantom Dust. For now.

Can i use that to get DLC for Phantom Dust and Crimson Skies?

Has anyone had an issue with the S controller having the right trigger not have any input but the left trigger giving both left and right input? I've disassembled the controller and haven't found any issues. I don't understand how one trigger could give both inputs.

Best Xbox Game coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2M0dYSibo

>tfw all the good exclusives the Xbox had was stuff Sega had in development for the Dreamcast and Xbox never would have got them if the Dreamcast didn't bomb as hard as it did

I have come to mention Ninja Gaiden Black.

Farewell.

FUCK that double ryu challenge

Itakagi is pretty now, stop making fun of the legend.

If you still own one, make sure to removed the clock capacitor if you're < 1.6 and have not done it already. Otherwise you risk your system dying.

Mechassault says hi

>1.6b

meh, 1.6 ha their own issues. and they're not as easy to fix if they occur.

Damn, just read that 1.6b has Hynix ram instead of Samsung like 1.6a, i thought 1.6b was supposed to be better..

The second game is backwards compatible, atleast in PAL areas

anyone?

Everyone will die one day.

Still got my hard modded xbox with like 70 xbox games and 4k emulated games, pretty sure the disk reader is fucked tho.

I actually liked this Conker better than the N64 version. Sure the additional curse word censorship was shitty but it wasn't exactly a dealbreaker. Xbox version has a better framerate, better graphics, better camera, and the multiplayer was pretty cool.

I would mod my Xbox if I actually had a copy of Splinter Cell and a working controller. I already have the Action Replay stuff from duping items in PSO many years ago.

mah nigga

I just ordered a used copy of Splinter cell for 3 bucks. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Best Godzilla game ever to be released coming through

A friend gave me his copy of Azurik and Munch's Oddysee. Finished Munch's 2 days ago, haven't started Azurik yet.
One game I'll never understand why people like is Phantom Crash. Great controls but the game gets boring real quick, the kind of game that belongs in an arcade

Holy shiiiit i rented this from hollywood video several times