youtube.com/watch?v=LJkCWQcZYKo
overclock.net/t/1014933/a-guide-to-crysis-mods-56k-warning
youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7DmyTgp58
youtube.com/watch?v=aRl7OC1tvAw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYusMNFAcOo
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-face-off
youtube.com/watch?v=6v5KbZgQ0gY
dictionary.com/browse/automation
tomshardware.co.uk/Graphics_Cards-Geforce_8800GT-Crysis-DX10,review-29779-10.html
kosmonautblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/homefront-2-is-the-better-crysis-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not using the same engine, no.

>maxed
Most of that shit is unnecessary. But a 7870 is enough to run Crysis at decent settings and 1080p/60fps.

if they release a remaster version that runs with inferior settings, yes.

Yes maxed out 60fps in 4k vr.

How you may ask?

Optimization and developer productivity.

>pic related.

Damn people put some effort into their bait nowadays

>developer productivity

gotta work on your buzzwords friendo

>100% intended visual quality of a game
>unnecessary

Even if they could, it would have the shitty new suit

New games can look at good as crysis but no game will ever come close to crysis physics.

How did they do it? A game that doesn't look dated almost 10 years later

Reminder that Crysis 1 was released on consoles, ran like ass, and flatlined framerate on PS3
youtube.com/watch?v=YwD2ty2UfBM

Uncharted 4 is the best looking game that was ever released. I've been playing it on my living room when my grandparents were visiting and they literally asked me what movie I'm watching because the graphics were photo realistic af. give me just 1 (one) PC game that can do the same

Meh.. the mods will delete your post and ban you for speaking this truth.
rip sonybro.

But Uncharted is boring as fuck to play

Looks like a real life picture!

Goddamn, the austism runs rampant in that picture. Someone had a lot of free time.

>Someone had a lot of free time.
Where do you think we are

They changed the suit and removed a level too

>removed a level
which one? If it's any level that includes alien then literally nothing wrong with it

How was the suit changed and what level was removed? I never played the console versions so I really don't know.

>640x372
So this is the power of the PS4...

Maybe, but even if they port it to new consoles it will be the stripped down version with no speed mode.

The one near the end where you fly the VTOL down the river and blow shit up, there were tornadoes iirc

The suit was replaced with the version from Crysis 2 with strength and speed being toned down and automatic

Only in 1080p/30fps

that's not even the question to ask anymore.

it should be: are developers competent enough to do that?

they've shown time and time again that optimization, even for static hardware, is over their heads.

Thats lame. The VTOL mission was probably my favorite part of the game!

>The suit was replaced with the version from Crysis 2 with strength and speed being toned down and automatic

Wait so the games functions were changed to be like Crysis 2? Was the suit model swapped too or was the suit visually the same from the first Crysis? Either way, that sucks. I really didn't like the way the suit functioned in Crysis 2.

You really think so? I like it alot.

And yet you can't debunk a single point in that picture. Everything is true.

delet this

Tbh, the foliage is the only thing in these screenshots/webm that really stands out (today, that is). The ground and rock textures & models are mediocre at best. If you compare Crysis to Star wars Battlefront (what I would consider an extremely high-fidelity game today) or yes, Uncharted 4, it doesn't stand a chance. Not that it has to, that would be a real embarassment for the industry.

Is this supposed to prove a point?

I liked the part where you pressed a button to play an animation

This is from a pre-rendered cutscene with a sharpen filter added on.

>implying the 980 goes for above 250
kek, not when the 1060 performs identically to the 980 for 250USD

(((unemployed shitposting intensifies)))

By mediocre you mean average with every next-gen game. Crysis has POM so in some ways its above most modern games.

BF is one of the few exceptions of this generation in that it actually has good textures. BF is pretty damn unimpressive in every other way though.

I know you're trying to fit in, but that's honest to god gameplay there. This place is poisoning your mind.

>POM
Parallax occlusion mapping is a pretty great low cost technique in place of tessellation. More games should use it.

Luckily a lot of games (on PC at least) that don't have it are capable of it at the engine level and it is easy to enable with a simple mod.

The closest thing to gameplay was the grenade throw, after that it was running at people until you're close enough to contextually hit them

By not cutting features from their renderer that most other people would have, because there wouldn't be hardware that could fully handle it for years.

>The closest thing to gameplay was the grenade throw
Also swinging on a fucking rope, and shooting, but you need eyes to see that I guess.

And added a godawful instagram filter

No, especially not modded.

It's my favorite game of all time, or atleast one of them. Hopefully Crytek will release a remaster.

what the fuck is wrong with you? Everything else in the game was top notch. While the shooting there was fun it's just a plane scene.

> Everything else in the game was top notch.
Crysis without speed mode is garbage.

I wasn't talking about the PS3 version.

My mistake. Disregard my post then friend.

>implying those 1k ugly textures are demanding

Wait, I just realized something.

If you buy a PS4Pro, that is assuming you have a TV that supports 4k resolution?

Or maybe I'm mistaken? Is it not real 4k?

How does this make any sense? Why spend the money on a new console for 4k when you can take the combined prices of both consoles with controllers and paid online to get a PC that runs better and looks better?

I am confused.

Probably not.

It partially upscales 720/1080p then blurs everything.

PS6 maybe

>implying any game renders more trees
>implying any other game even has tree physics

When you put that much effort into bait it just looks sad.

Then what in the fuck is the point of this thing, it sounds gimmicky.

The 5 bullets, most of which missed, which weren't necessary anyway?

i dont give a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=LJkCWQcZYKo

It's a profitable PR stunt.

HOWEVER

The fact that a lot of it's announced features sound like garbage caused the Xbox Scorpio's preorders to spike.

No put I can play with my dick in your mouth.

hahaha what a piece of shit casual "gaem"

I wonder about this particular set of clips that always gets posted whenever uncharted is mentioned.

Are they part of some shill press kit or is there some sonypony so butthurt that he tried his hardest to make the game look enjoyable?

PS4 Pro games use a rendering method that reconstructs a 4K image from one that only draws every other pixel in a checkerboard pattern. It's not quite as sharp as 4K but is definitely better than half 4K resolution (about 1600p). Only games that are patched for PS4 pro will do this.

It's a similar idea to the bayer filter in digital cameras.

>opinions
>my opinion is better
>im right! my opinion makes me right!
>Everyone else has something wrong with them.

Intended visual play is required.
Max is just icing on the cake
Minimum is for those with shit rigs.

and today on the "did not happen" show..........

Just Cause 3 looks better. So yes.

One of the few games where retarded AI was a fun thing

>Helecopters and Vehicles are difficult and common enough to balance it out
>AI can be picked up and thrown into buildings and other AI
>AI spoke Korean on Delta difficulty
>Snipers and reinforcements fuck you over if you let them deploy
>They'd occasionally piss, smoke and have conversations

As for you, it's just a short helicopter scene. Sure, the graphics were pretty and the shooting was "fun", but it's that and nothing more.

if you wanted to make a Crysis way tern it into a console war shirt

>but is definitely better than half 4K resolution (about 1600p).
No, it isn't. It's your 1600p but blurrier than native 1600p. That's it.

Blurriness is not better but without this blurriness they couldn't promote the system as '4k' without getting sued hard.

>if you wanted to make a Crysis way tern it into a console war shirt

you cant read nigga

by not dragging consoles along for the ride

It is better, because by rendering in a checkerboard pattern you are making more samples to extrapolate from. You can also use temporal reconstruction for even greater accuracy.

4K ON CONSOLES BRO
GET HYPEEEEEEE

Do the console ports of Crysis retain the extensive physics in the original PC version?

>which weren't necessary anyway?
Enemies react to wounding shots as well as suppressive fire.

Keep eating up that marketing, retard.

I believe things like trees were locked but explosions would destroy cars and move barrels.

Looks pretty dated to me.

I've just started playing Crysis for the first time and although the graphics and physics are top notch despite being 9 years old the rest is pretty bad. Gunplay is unsatisfying and enemies can spot you lying in the bushes from across the map unless you use cloak. Also you can't even move dead bodies or perform silent takedowns so enemy camps go on full alert the second you kill someone and from what I understand they respawn infinitly.

I've just finished the excavation dome mission, does it get any better later or is the whole game like this?

>crysis circa 2007 looks and runs better with more impressive physics and particles
next-gen bros ww@

>Objects are destroyed then spawned back in rather than being fully dynamic
>Shitty pop in and muck textures everywhere

I give it 6/10

crysis outside of looking good has always been shit, all 3 of them have been pure garbage

Do you have the one where Nomad fires a nuke from the Last Light intro spot, and you can see shit from across the map being blown away?

Yes, the PS4/XBO could run Crysis 1 at what are essentially that game's maximum settings. But it would need to be ported to a modern version of CryEngine, because CryEngine 2.0 fucking sucks.

But I'd honestly rather have the entire Crysis series remastered to have Homefront-grade visuals.

Crysis 2 > Crysis 1 > Crysis 3 > Warhead. (Aka, they're all great.)

yeah now try doing that on 2007 hardware you autist

Crysis 1 and Warhead are some of the greatest games of all time. Stay asshurt, Sonygger.

>10 FPS.

You win PC master race.

You should try Just Cause 2

NO NO

NO NO NO

CRYSIS 1 = WARHEAD >>> 2 >>> 3

YOU ARE EVERYTHING WRONG WITH MODERN GAMING

DIE

why did you put so much effort into such obvious bait?

>crysis outside of looking good has always been shit, all 3 of them have been pure garbage
Firstly, there are four Crysis games. Secondly, you are just plain wrong. Crytek games all have superb gunplay and superb atmosphere.

That was recorded in 2007. Notice the frame rate.

25 actually :) Higher than Infamous during action scenes with less going on.

>That moment you can feel the computer start chugging

>pcfat so thirsty for games he's got to brag about a 10 yo game
sad tb h

The Crysis series was always about merging gameplay and storytelling. That's Cevat Yerli's "thing". Crysis 2 is really the sweet spot of the series because it has flawless production values and god-tier gameplay. C1/Warhead are great, but very rough. Crysis 3 is great, and has some of the best dramatic storytelling in videogames, but it suffers from being very obviously rushed.

it would be 1 fps (aka true Picturatic experience) on consoles

ok

>2 better than 3
Why?

Besides the stupid amount of upgrades I felt 3 was more like 1 & warhead

this is cool and all i just dont give a shit

>Crysis 2 > Crysis 1 > Crysis 3 > Warhead
This must be the most wrong opinion on Cred Forums right now.
>Warhead -> 1 -> 2 -> 3
ftfy

Allow me to point out the rather obvious fact that "Crysis 2 is bad because it's not like Crysis 1" is a fallacy. I fucking loathe genre loyalists who evaluate games based on how they supposedly line up with what an X game "should" be.

Crysis 3 is actually my pet favorite, but it is nowhere near as polished as Crysis 2, and "muh wide open levels" doesn't make a game automatically better. Crysis 2 was built around verticality, anyway. It didn't need to be WIDE to be deep.

neo/v/ has come to.

is that why crysis 2 and 3 both scored under 7 in user reviews?

warhead was a standalone expansion you spastic, so it doesnt count as a seperate game. so yes there are 3

>is that why crysis 2 and 3 both scored under 7 in user reviews?
USER REVIEWS. HA, HA, HA, HA!

>standalone expansion
>standalone
>doesn't count as seperate
It's in the name, retard.

Crysis does look dated but it still looks good. It's not far behind like other games from that time period.

Pretty amazing what they accomplished.

Looks pretty dated to me. Especially the geometry. If you told me it was Skyrim I'd believe it.

They don't respawn - troops will move from one location to another if they are close and a situation occurs.

You can be easily spotted when running in the open. However, crawling and crouching within bushes and tall grasses will keep you concealed if far enough away while moving. Tip is to move from cover to cover in cloak, then uncloak and recharge. Also, cloak takes awhile to drain while standing still - sometimes waiting for the right time to strike or move is the best option.

Silenced weapons are fine, but distractions like sniping with the shotgun then relocating is better, and explosives around vehicles in a base are the best. The AI responds to all noises - dead comrades lying around mean nothing compared to every jeep exploding at once. This will open up holes to move through.

Look up Nanosuit Ninja on youtube - he'll show you how to play it right.

I don't see what's wrong with saying a game "should" be more like the best games in the series.

>Crysis does look dated
No it doesn't.

They asked you what movie you were watching because the game is 90% dialogue and cutscenes, moron.

>No it doesn't.
Yes, it does. It's stupid to claim otherwise. Crysis 2 obliterates Crysis 1 visually.

It does. That webm looks great. Now look at the ground textures for example.

The game as a whole still looks good, like I said.

>I don't see what's wrong with saying a game "should" be more like the best games in the series.
It's wrong because "best game" is hugely subjective. Crysis 2 improved upon Crysis 1. So therefore, should we change Crysis 1 to be more like the obviously superior Crysis 2?

No it doesn't and it isn't.

>muh ground textures
Same as any game except Crysis ground textures are decent.

The game is nearly a decade old, of fucking course they could

>I-IM THE ONLY USER THAT COUNTS, THAT AND USERS THAT AGREE WITH MEEEEE

>standalone expansion
>expansion

the dawn of war 1 and 2 expansions arent their own seperate games, and theyre standalone expansions, nobody says WOW I SURE DO LIKE DAWN OF WAR 2 CHAOS RISING 6

Finally building my new PC this week after years of suffering with a pre-built from 2009 that was never that great to begin with.

I was thinking of picking Crysis as the first game I play, though I'd need to get a copy. Good idea, or is there something else that would be more impressive? I own Crysis 2 already but hear it's bad.

We disagree and that's OK. I don't blame you for liking Crysis' graphics.

Because 2 and 3 are mediocre games with fanfiction tier stories.

2 was aiming for a linear CoD experience and it atleast did that well. Crysis 3 was 4 hours long.

>Now look at the ground textures for example.
??

It didn't improve anything-and the graphics were worse.

Crysis 2 has better texture quality, animation, lighting quality, model quality, and it improves upon Crysis 1's visuals in literally every way we can possibly put to the test.

>crysis, a game that came out in 2007,almost a fucking decade ago, is still being compared to games that came out THIS FUCKING YEAR
And Crysis still looks better, isnt that funny.
One of the few triple A games for PC looks better than most games that came out this fucking year.

>Crysis 2 looked worse
ftfy

If you think 2 is better then obviously you would want 1 to be more like 2.

I'm confused about what exactly your issue is, besides me and most people not sharing your opinion and thinking the series nosedived after Warhead.

>those stupid clunky animations
He was in a swing and just stopped instantly.

At a cost of being a corridor FPS, dumb down the nanosuit and less weapons

still better than downgraded witcher 3

Yea try Crysis. It's a fun sandbox-y game but also looks great.

The first game I played after assembling my PC was Metal Gear Raising, and the second was Dark Souls.

You're probably looking to be blown away by graphics but those games were huge improvements over their console counterparts and I thought the experience was great. Just throwing it out there.

>It didn't improve anything-and the graphics were worse.
No, they're not.

Crysis 1 does not look better than games released noways. This is one of the most delusional beliefs around.

>I'm confused about what exactly your issue is, besides me and most people not sharing your opinion and thinking the series nosedived after Warhead.
"Most people" played Crysis 2 and loved it. In case you've forgotten, it sold millions of copies and got great reviews.

Play Crysis 1 maxed out, unmodded. Look into getting some mods for it afterwards (Use Blackfires Mod Ultimate, an autoexec (Ignore Helder Pinto it's shit) and Rygels Texture Pack, since the other mods usually require some Cryengine knowledge.

overclock.net/t/1014933/a-guide-to-crysis-mods-56k-warning

Use that as a guide, don't install 500 mods like you would Skyrim, just go with the ones I listed.

>At a cost of being a corridor FPS, dumb down the nanosuit and less weapons
None of that refutes that Crysis 2 is graphically superior to Crysis 1.

ultra settings

that's not the point

ALL THE GAMES THAT LOOK BETTER THAN CRYSIS ARE_ _ _
ALL THE GAMES THAT LOOK BETTER THAN CRYSIS ARE _ _ _
BLANKITY BLANKITY BLANK

Yes, they sacrificed gameplay for graphic, that's why crysis 1 and warhead are more fun than 2 and 3

This is really weak bait.

Blackfire sucks and Rygels isn't worth anything.

It was the most tech advanced game at the time, but if the consoles had 1gb at the time they could have had a better port,

I'm sure PS4 and one could run it on those jaguar cores with concessions, because even a 7850 struggles a little at 1080. The engine didn't multithread as well as current engines do.
Crysis port is vastly different to the original one, the lighting is very different.

>hurr let me decrease the FOV to zero and zoom in on objects hundreds of miles away
salty much

>Crysis 2 > Crysis 1 > Crysis 3 > Warhead.

you're missing the point again

Funny how it still manages to look so good.

While that is true I was giving him some babbys first mods. 2016 texture pack over Rygels + Natural Mod + PoM AF + an autoexec is the best. I also use a mod that replaces the weapon sounds with their IRL counterparts.

Are you trying to imply that primitive geometry and flat textures of Crysis look better than modern games?

>it sold millions of copies and got great reviews.
I can tell that you mean the best, but it's obvious you're from R*ddit and you should stay there.

So many people will openly pretend that a DX9 Crytek game from 2007 with poor textures, poor SSAO, no GI, and poor model quality is graphically superior to a DX11 Crytek game from 2011 with widespread graphical improvements.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7DmyTgp58

How do you look at this and say, "Yea, that 2007 game is graphically superior."

I'm not missing the point, I didn't say that Crysis 1 has better graphic

It got great reviews, and the originals have better reviews.

PCucks BTFO!!

stock crysis looks absolutely disgusting to be brutally honest.

crysis begins to look good when you mod the shit out of it and take out all the unnecessary post effects.

Crysis 2 and 3 look like plastic while Crysis mastered the photorealistic look. More impressive? No, more realistic? yes.

>take out all the unnecessary post effects.
The DoF was a bit yes, but I couldn't notice anything else.

>It got great reviews, and the originals have better reviews.
And? It's not uncommon for videogame sequels to get slightly lower reviews and divide their fanbases somewhat.

when you play, the game has this intense object motion blur. it doesn't even look good and it drains your framerate.

Cred Forums loves the "graphics stopped improving in 2007" meme for some reason

>I also use a mod that replaces the weapon sounds with their IRL counterparts.
Link it please.

No but I'm saying Crysis looks better than most modern games.
>he actually thinks that clusterfuck of a wasted budget looks good as a whole
Movie games are right up your alley huh.

>pcuck
>4.2 tflop
>in the same image
Embarassing

>Crysis 2 and 3 look like plastic while Crysis mastered the photorealistic look.
Crytek were never interested in "photorealism", per se. Well, to be technical, they had an obsession with trying to reproduce a "cinematic" version of reality. That's why their games introduced post-processing anti-aliasing and chromatic aberration and stuff like that.

In terms of reproducing how light works, Crysis 2 is far closer to reality than Crysis 1.

And yet they improved with Warhead

But you can turn that off right from the settings menu. I don't mind a small bit of Object Motion blur either, since it's realistic.

All I'm seeing is a linear shit game with static environments and awful filters. The textures are ugly as hell too.

Yes good thing you can turn it off.
It would be more realistic if they tone down the motion blur sampling. It's very over-exaggerated which was common of games during that era.

You can't type.

>No but I'm saying Crysis looks better than most modern games.
Wow, the delusion

You have to rip out some very specific files and scripts from an otherwise shitty mod to make it work. It's called the Maximum Immersion Mod (Don't mistake it for the Extreme Immersion Mod). Easiest way to do it is to open it up, take the Sounds and Scripts folders and paste them into Crysis/Mods/whatevermodyou'reusing

youtube.com/watch?v=aRl7OC1tvAw

Nice old man vision mod there senpai

>No but I'm saying Crysis looks better than most modern games.
Not graphically. Unless we get into super subjective "muh art style" stuff, even the Call of Duty series has surpassed Crysis tech-wise. Most games have much better model and texture and lighting quality. Lighting is a big one. Crysis 1's lighting is actually kinda shitty. It was good in 2007, but by 2010 or so, it was extremely dated.

>Crytek were never interested in "photorealism", per se.
Crysis 1 and Ryse would like to have a word with you.
Crysis 2 and 3 went for ugly filters for some reason but they always wanted realism even in physics and especially in lighting.

Crytek pioneered good lighting in video games.

Wrong, Crytek was literally obsessed with recreating photographs with Crysis 1. Crysis 2 and 3 were stylized. They do not look more realistic than Crysis 1, at all.

>Just Cause 3
Nigga that's running at like 25 fps, shit optimization.

>And yet they improved with Warhead
Crysis 2 got better reviews than Warhead. So no, they didn't.

JC3 looks and runs way worse than witcher 3 and gta v. sorry bro

yeah, hiding everything in smoke and blur is a lot better

>he thinks that looks good
Nice shadows bro. You know JC2 is better in some aspects right?

>Crysis 2 > Crysis 1 > Crysis 3 > Warhead
>Crysis 2
>no speed mode
>better than anything

It just used Havok!

>shit optimization.
Well if you're still using your 2007 rig, that explains why people think Crysis is the best thing ever.

I literally had no issues with no games released this or last year.

No because the engine is heavy on one thread and they have AMD cpus. FX series stuff still struggles with crysis.

Isn't that it's supposed to do?
What kind of game would have you press a button to do damage with no animation?

>Wrong, Crytek was literally obsessed with recreating photographs
PHOTOGRAPHS. Like I said, Crytek were very interested in reproducing reality through a camera. There's a difference between eyes and cameras. Way back with Far Cry, they had optional image modes to make the graphics bloomier or washed out or cel-shaded. With Crysis 3, they were on a mission to obliterate all the jaggies to produce a "filmic" image quality.

Nice shadows bro, they're so rad, they don't even connect to the feet.

Next up you're going to post Doom3 stencil shadows to prove it was great looking?

Is that HL2?

>Next up you're going to post Doom3 stencil shadows to prove it was great looking?
Reminder that Far Cry supported volume shadows. It didn't use them much, though, because they were super expensive since Far Cry lacked Carmack's algorithm.

lmao, nice canned "damage model" on that palm tree

>posting fucking hitman talking about shadows
oh god

lol it snaps while not touching anything

We live in a world where people argued that Crytek's Homefront: The Revolution had worse graphics than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Discussing graphics with anything other than actual graphics enthusiasts is a waste of time. You're better of discussing this kind of thing over on a forum like beyond3D, where people who actually understand graphics hand out.

Thanks. Nice movie game.

It was shot.

>Crytek's Homefront: The Revolution had worse graphics than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
It did.

>everything i don't like is a movie game

You know every game has shadows like this nowadays, right?

does that gun shoot blades? why does it cut the tree in perfect pieces instead of shattering it?

SO THIS IS... THE POWER... OF THE PS4...
WOAH

>The most graphically advanced Crytek game to date.
>Worse graphics than Modern Warfare.
Bait detected.

>every game has dynamic soft shadows
lmao

The only impressive thing about Crysis is how well the physics and vegetation hold up today

Not him but Doom 2016 looks great until you start paying attention to all of the shitty pop in and textures

Name one game with a more realistic form of tree-cutting. No lumberjack simulator.

It looks worse, cryshill.

>AMD APU

Not a chance in hell.

>Not him but Doom 2016 looks great until you start paying attention to all of the shitty pop in and textures
Doom 4's texture work is generally excellent. The pop-in can't really be helped. It's an engine limitation. Sure, they hired the lead graphics engineer from Crytek to make Doom 4's graphics good, but MegaTexture has limitations.

You said they were never interested in photorealism when it was the exact opposite, and that "they had an obsession with trying to reproduce a "cinematic" version of reality", while those photographs were not "cinematic" in the slightest. You're a fucking idiot.

Modern CryEngine has excellent multithreading.

You mean you don't how to stop your momentum by applying force to the rope to jump straight off of it?
It's easy mate, once you learn how to double jump it's like second nature.

You're getting caught up on Crytek's passion for increased visual fidelity. Crysis 1 was heavily "cinematic" in its presentation and post-processing. Crytek early on started favoring a distorted "camera" version of reality over reproducing what the human eyes see. "Cinematic" and "photographic" are the same darn thing. One is just moving.

>It looks worse, cryshill.
Next thing you'll be telling me Skyrim looks better than Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

old bait, and proven to look like actual dogshit.

and yet you still reply

I don't understand. Graphics are the one truly objective thing in videogames. You can't argue with graphics. A > B. N64 > PS1. How can people argue round in circles that A is not objectively graphically superior to B?

I've hardly been paying much attention to this thread, but this is one of my favorite game videos, even in it's shit quality.

The explosion just looks so damn good and satisfying.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYusMNFAcOo

As control.
Could be blinded fanboys here.
Like thinking that uncharted 4 has half the physics active assets as crysis 1.

The only things that could be considered "cinematic" in Crysis 1 were motion blur and depth of field. Hardly an obsession. Their focus was mainly to make it look as close to real life as possible. Using photographs to do that does not count as "filmic" or "cinematic".

There was something called Crysis released on consoles, but it was a brutally trimmed down version of PC Crysis on a different engine.

>The only things that could be considered "cinematic" in Crysis 1 were motion blur and depth of field.
Watch the cutscenes again.

That's kind of cherry picked. Crysis 1 for consoles had some visual improvements in terms of lighting. It also had POM, and a few other things. Aside from atrocious performance, it really wasn't a bad port.

>That X360 bloom

Jesus

PC only had that in one or two spots.

>I-I DIDNT CARE ANYWAYS

>even the shadow framerate are cut in half

I would really love to see a remaster o remake or "what the new gen of consoles can do this time"
Since ps3 they promised 60fps 1080p.
We are 1 and a half gen after, and still they cant reach solid 60fps at native 1080p, render resolution, not upscale bullshit
>inb4 mgs4 was rendered at 1024x768

Crysis 1 on PC had everything the X360 had, and more. The X360 version was Cryengine 3 (Crysis 2) with everything cut out.

>Crysis 1 on PC had everything the X360 had, and more.
No, it didn't.
>The X360 version was Cryengine 3 (Crysis 2) with everything cut out.
It had some extra graphical features.

>Using Extreme Immersive Mod with any of the effects enabled

y tho

such as?

>Crysis 1 for consoles had some visual improvements in terms of lighting
there's no helping this crydrone.

>kill head wobble when you are ok but leve the rest when you get hurt
And you are done, it has wall running and jumping, aside from other shit i like the pulse to deal with speed OP.

That 360 image was from an old build, the final build didn't look as bad.

>helicopter controls

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-face-off

>Expectations are, of course, that the PC version should absolutely, unquestionably trump it in every regard, but it would be rather dull if this were the case. Outside of the narrowed field of view and cooler overall colour temperature, there are clear, tangible differences to both console versions' visual make-up which can reasonably count as improvements. This is for the most part due to CryEngine 3's updated feature-set, with a revamped lighting model now allowing for more lighting sources, and the use of deferred cube map probes to calculate high-dynamic range reflections on every surface. Looking along the sandy coastline in the Recovery level, the effect reveals itself as a soft, glistening effect across the ground as you run in the direction of the sun, creating the illusion that each individual grain of sand is refracting light. A pleasant touch.

>The actual changes to the lighting are intriguing: as you can see from the comparison sequences from indoors areas, the move to deferred lighting has resulted in a dramatic improvement - what's especially noticeable is how much more naturally the characters sit within the scene. However, in other areas, there's a feeling that the lighting has been unnaturally maxed - for example, the initial parachuting episode is very bright indeed, and you have to wonder if moonlight alone could account for such a bright look to the scene. Overall though, the effect is very pleasing if somewhat blue in many situations.

It's minor stuff, but it's not a clear cut case of the 360 version being worse in every way. When Ubisoft ported Far Cry to consoles, they made every single aspect of the graphics worse. Crytek managed to add some nice touches with Crysis.

>Wall running and jumping

If you know any Cryengine you can paste that into default crysis easily

Also, use the Quality Mod instead. It's the sequel to EIM.

jesus christ

MЫЫЫЫЫЛOOOOOOOOOOO

It actually kinda bothers me how so many people talk about the 360/PS3 ports of Crysis when it's blatantly obvious they've never actually played them.

I wish Crytek would re-port the game to modern consoles. The 7th gen port was a really admirable effect, but Crytek could do so much better.

no, they use laptop tier AMD cpus

not even an 8350 can handle the physics

100% accurate

will buy PS4Pro withstillnogames

How do you make Crysis 1 colors not look washed out, again? ENB, SweetFX?

The last run i did was using blackfire's and some texture packs, but using a DK2, and nothing more.
Shit is hard to aim to distant targets because of the shit resolution, but dam was fun as shit going crazy with a shotgun.
Maybe when a decent gen of HMD came out ill try again with that.
Im watching a video, reminds me of another video of whatever shader sweetxfx3dfx bullshit.
Pic is a screenshot from a youtube video.
Blackfire's mod.

ENB and SweetFX are garbage

Use Natural Mod 2. You'll be able to install it assuming you're not retarded.

Xigmatek made the coolest mods

>all this sharpening
My eyes are bleeding. This is Witcher 2 level right here.

whoa

I made this a long time ago

Cred Forums is shit now

>he takes digital foundry serously
>the people who said mgsv was running on "high" pc settings

Both that picture and Blackfires mod are disgusting

Use Natural Mod or Mster config, Natural mod is better.

please recommend other mods then, I need them

>>crysis circa 2007 looks and runs better with more impressive physics and particles
I'm pretty sure Crysis 1 particle effects don't receive light sources. Dynamically lit particles look fantastic, but they're a huge performance killer. When games get "downgraded", they're usually the first thing to get slashed.

Those are just texture with lighting from the side.

youtube.com/watch?v=6v5KbZgQ0gY

Not him but see

>calling Crysis DX9
>calling Crysis 2 DX11
this is how I know you're b8ing

A shit ton of foliage really makes it look better than it does, most games go half-assed on foliage.

The one used in Doom 3 sikkmod impressed the shit outta me. WHy the fuck is this not more common in games

>I'm pretty sure Crysis 1 particle effects don't receive light sources.
You're dead wrong.

>>the people who said mgsv was running on "high" pc settings
Citation needed. It's fairly obvious MGS V is running mostly High on consoles, though.

how is homefront? worth it post-patch?

it's ok from what I hear. 7/10 maybe.

Crysis 1 doesn't actually use any DX10 functionality. All the visual effects are available via DX9.
Crysis 2, on the other hand, obviously uses DX11 effects such as tessellation.

Can PCs play Bloodborne at >0FPS yet?

delete this

Well, it's playable, at the very least. Might be worth waiting for more patches, though. Plus of course once the first piece of DLC is released, you'll have a better idea whether the Expansion Pass is actually worth the money.

Even though this is shit bait, the only thing I want a PS4 for is Ace Combat 7, everything else is figurative dogshit

My nigga, I was really impressed at how many graphics options there were for AI. I used supersampling with some tweaked graphics and had one of the best gaming experiences for my first playthrough. Completely blown away, of course, you start noticing the annoying things second time through but really, this game was such an achievement.

you're b8ing because of how retardedly cherry picked you made it

Crysis was built around DX9, but had DX10 options available

Crysis 2 was released in DX10 only with a DX11 patch that came *way* later

if anything both are DX10 games, since that's how both were released

Does PS4 have mod support?

>Crysis 2 was released in DX10 only with a DX11 patch that came *way* later
Three months is not WAY later. Are you going to argue that Doom 4 isn't a Vulkan game next?

>he actually thinks that
Called it.

PS4 Ground Zeroes settings:

Model Detail(Draw Distance and LOD quality): Significantly lower than low so "Extra Max Lowest"
Textures: Extra High(the textures are shit though)
Texture filtering(Anisotropic Filtering): Off as always
Shadows(Amount of and resolution): Medium or low, nobody has helped me figure this one out but it's definitely not high.
Lighting: High(Negligible difference between high and low but significant between Extra High and High)
Screen Filtering(Post-Processing): There isn't bloom or reflections in the PS4 version but it does use Gaussian DoF(opposed to Bokeh) and FXAA so let's call this "Low"
SSAO: High(this is the lowest setting)
Effects(Rain and explosions): Lower than low

Keep in mind all of these go to "Extra High" on PC and increasing the resolution increases the Model Detail functions, allowing you to see more objects and detail. Overall they're pretty close looking at a glance but when you compare each image closely you'll see big difference. And this is before a SweetFX.

Webm related.

probably
maybe at 900p if they want to conserve 60 fps

my 6870 could handle crysis at max w/ some dips

Ground Zeroes? I thought you meant Phantom Pain.

>a quarter of a year
>not way later
Doom took only two months, and no, it's an OpenGL game that makes better used of Vulkan than it deos OpenGL

no u

I forgot how ass these two games were on PC.

>1 month is the difference between "only" and "way later"

I get the feeling that when Crysis 1 vs Crysis 2 get discussed, people compare the PC version of Crysis 1 to the DX10, or console-oriented version of Crysis 2. Crysis 2 Maximum Edition was pushing some really fantastic graphics tech. Bleeding edge, industry-leading stuff. It was an amazing graphics update, and it was completely free. It completely pissed on the whole "Crytek don't care about PC gamers" schtick.

And folks completely ignore it. Why?

>I wouldn't be able to recognize crysis from that screenshot
>saves thumbnails
>posts said thumbnails to show off graphics
Must be awful being this dumb

It doesn't fit their narrative

Consoles will forever be stuck in the past.

not him but a few reasons

1. it was too late
2. the launch really soured opinions to the point of no return
3. the gameplay design brought less attention when compared to the original, so less people cared.

Probably even better than in PC if it could use more than 2 cores.

It still didn't look as good as modded Crysis.

Same deal.

Lmao saving this to tigger pccucks.

Shit likes this is why I'll never stop coming back to this shitho
le if a board

i like to think nobody cared to try it knowing they would try their best to gimp people with specific cards. im completely fine with it being forgotten for the shit they and nvidia pulled because it was scummy as fuck

>6 different automations in a 13 second clip

Looks really action packed.. but are you truely playing it?

Battlefield 4 looks better than Crysis

What the fuck are you talking about?

>And folks completely ignore it. Why?
It leaked early by a bro working at Crytek who wanted everyone to know the game was shit.

The game was indeed shit.

The game looks bad even with the patch.

And it ran like shit with the patch too. Especially for ATI who at the time held a massive percentage of the market.

And that's it. Nobody bought a shit game for obvious reasons.

Vanishing of Ethan Carter, thoughts?

Yeah, it seemed more like damage control than anything. They completely shat on PC users with their hidden tessellation bullshit.

>It still didn't look as good as modded Crysis.
That is completely untrue. Crysis 1 is literally incapable on an engine level of half the stuff Crysis 2 is pulling. Of course, however, as we're all aware, making graphics better is a huge case of diminishing returns.

>2. the launch really soured opinions to the point of no return
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition sold over a million copies on PC. And it has overwhelmingly positive Steam reviews. Isn't this one of those Hitman: Absolution kinda deals where most people actually like a game but a minority screams bloody murder because it wasn't the sequel they wanted?

>It leaked early by a bro working at Crytek who wanted everyone to know the game was shit.

It was a multiplayer beta released by Crytek and EA intentionally.

>The game was indeed shit.

True

>The game looks bad even with the patch.

You're letting your opinion of the gameplay color your opinion of the graphics.

>Especially for ATI who at the time held a massive percentage of the market.

They were still a minority.

Ha, you idiots. Crysis 2 didn't have any "hidden tessellation." That's a myth spread by idiots who didn't understand how the engine worked. In particular, they didn't understand that the editor and the actual game handled tessellation LoD differently.

Also, it's not Crytek's fault that ATI GPUs were shit.

>And that's it. Nobody bought a shit game for obvious reasons.

The game sold millions of copies, though?

>That is completely untrue.
Feel free to post better looking screenshots of Crysis 2

it's not nvidias fault that amd was so bad at tesselation

Feel free to post an unmodded screenshot of Crysis 1.

Next thread will be about how Arma 3 is amazing.

Only 100k people bought the game on Steam years after the backlash of the game dried up so your reviews don't mean shit.

The game is fucking garbage.

>It was a multiplayer beta released by Crytek and EA intentionally.
It was the entire game released by a dev.

>You're letting your opinion of the gameplay color your opinion of the graphics.
No, the game is ugly as fuck I remember the threads shitting on the graphics just like they were yesterday. Crysis 1 still looks better even with your fancy patch.

Ignorent fuck...

dictionary.com/browse/automation

You're retarded, those concrete slabs have no business having tessellation at all.

do you not know how wireframe works? how do you think they can see those triangles if they aren't rendered? it is their fault because they rendered an entire sea under a city just to make nvidia cards superior in benchmarks since they were using an nvidia proprietary tessellation method

The game performs one action for each input by the player. There is nothing automated about it you dumb cunt. Unless we now count animations as "automation" in which case I guess we haven't really been playing games since the Amiga.

>>It still didn't look as good as modded Crysis.
>>modded Crysis.
Feel free to learn how to read.

Not him but that is unmodded.

>Only 100k people bought the game on Steam years after the backlash of the game dried up so your reviews don't mean shit.
Citation needed.
>No, the game is ugly as fuck I remember the threads shitting on the graphics just like they were yesterday.
Autists also shat on Homefront: The Revolution's graphics. "People shat on the graphics" means jack shit because "people" have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Everyone knows what automation means dumb dumb. What he was asking about were 6 specific instances of automation in the video, which there aren't. Good luck with your life. You're going to need it.

No, nobody thinks that except the Arma community who are currently convincing themselves the last DLC was worth it.

>feel free to intentionally make a game look worse to fit my argument
also that is without mods anyways, thats the highest settings
>t-turn it on low and then tell me it looks better

>Citation needed.
Nigger why are you talking about sales when you can't even find steam sales figures?

Homefront also looks like and is a joke. You're a joke for defending this crap.

god now i want ot play crisis again

>do you not know how wireframe works? how do you think they can see those triangles if they aren't rendered?
Pretty sure CryEngine turns off occlusion in wireframe mode.

>it is their fault because they rendered an entire sea under a city just to make nvidia cards superior in benchmarks since they were using an nvidia proprietary tessellation method

Rendering a global water plane happens to be the default CryEngine behavior going back to fucking X-Isle. That's how CryEngine worked. There was no conspiracy. They didn't go back in time and say, "Hey, chaps, we should design our engine around rendering big oceans just to fuck over people who bought the GPUs of the company we are currently partnered with."

They expect something like this shit.

not defending consoles because they are utter shit at this point.

But the only reason that crisis was held as the benchmark game for the longest time was not because the graphics were so incredible, which for the first year or so it was, but more so because it was so shit optimized.

You needed a best card to run the dame game because crytek did not know how to fucking optimize a game engine to save their lives so it ran like dog shit.

You know you're wrong right?

>You needed a best card to run the dame game
Completely false. The game scaled well to even shit cards, otherwise my piece of shit PC wouldn't have been able to run it at the time. Bigger problem on release were bugs. Last part of the game where the aliens showed up was glitchy as fuck.

disgusting.

>Homefront also looks like and is a joke.
You're clearly beyond reasoning.

>Nigger why are you talking about sales when you can't even find steam sales figures?
Long term sales data is hard to find.

It goes without saying that more people play Crysis 2 on Steam than Crysis 1, but the actual sales over time is hard to track for games this old.

>its always been happening!
then why did amd run crysis 1 so much better than the competition? while those same cards performed worse than the nvidia cards of the same generation in crysis 2. what a coincidence, i agree why on earth would nvidia want the competing card to look worse than their products?

Nope, it is 100% because the graphics were advanced beyond their time. Fun fact Crysis was the first game to use ambient occlusion.

"downgraded"

>Someone actually spent time making this retarded r/Cred Forums tier bait picture

Crysis 1 sold around 3 million copies, though. Most of the sales were physical since digital wasn't very good at the time.

Do you really think all that bloom looks good?

Always thought the Arkham games were goddamn beautiful. So much detail put into everything, you know Rocksteady loves the franchise.

Shame about Warner Bros though.

>Long term sales data is hard to find.
No it isn't you're just living under a fucking rock.

>It goes without saying that more people play Crysis 2 on Steam than Crysis 1
A whopping 30 people per day more. 280 vs 310 players.

What are those quotes for?

List of things that were removed/downgraded:
The mod kit
Subsurface scattering
Forward lit soft particles
Semi volumetric clouds
Bokeh depth of field
Seems like a lot of the PBR they bragged about
Combat camera shake
Convincing and gratuitous pools of blood that 'realistically' floated on water
Subtle lens flares
The advanced sign particle effects
Tessellated ground
Anamorphic lens flares
Flexible water simulation
Geralt's face was severely downgraded
In-game scenes like the Wild Hunt attacking the town and the introduction to the emperor of Niilfgard were changed to worse effect
Aerial perspective fog
Sign particle intensity was lowered
Many textures in Novigrad were downgraded
Volume based translucency
Many environment models in Novigrad
Interior lighting looks horrendous now
The bloom shader sucks, you can see how it was before in the wild hunt segment
Screen space reflections
The way drowners look was good and is really bad now

And more~. A lot of these terms were taken from CDPR themselves.

guys I got a advance copy of skyrim remastered for ps4

pcucks bfto again

btfo

One of my minor gripes with W3 was the mountain regions. I was sort of hoping for Skyrim-tier mountain areas (though Skyrim is probably nostalgia), where they were a) massive, b) complex c) easily explorable and d) clearly weren't just generated from displacement maps or whatever other technique it is. Still, I adored Skellige

>>It goes without saying that more people play Crysis 2 on Steam than Crysis 1
>A whopping 30 people per day more. 280 vs 310 players.
Which is kinda weird since Crysis 1 is supposedly so beloved and Crysis 2 is supposedly so despised.

tomshardware.co.uk/Graphics_Cards-Geforce_8800GT-Crysis-DX10,review-29779-10.html shows Nvidia winning in every graphics configuration. This is a benchmark of cards and drivers that were actually available at the time instead of 3 years of catch up work from AMD later.

Come on, you can shitpost better with less effort.

ps3 could run it at a lower setting. no good graphics will save such a shitty mediocre game.

>Console warrior logic ITT

Consoles are still terrible at textures specifically filtering so devs typically don't bother

>Do you really think all that bloom looks good?
Yes, because that's how the world looks when you're standing in a dark place looking out into an overcast area.

I don't think it needs to be said that 30 players is nothing and the vast majority of people who own or pirated Crysis did it years before Steam was a viable gaming platform.

Shame everything has to be downgraded to be playable on consoles. Why can't they just release intended versions on PC and downgraded versions for consoles? It worked in the 90's with the PC and ps1.

hey you seem to have made a valid point. could you please delete this post and revert back to shitposting ok thanks

"not downgraded"

>I don't think it needs to be said that 30 players is nothing and the vast majority of people who own or pirated Crysis did it years before Steam was a viable gaming platform.
Crysis 2 was literally the most pirated game that year.

nice cherry picked pic with nvidia ensel filters. what a fag

The game does have subsurface scattering, Bokeh DoF(TW2 had it as well), PBR, water simulation, SSR, etc. though.

In terms of piracy, Crysis 3 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>> Literally nobody cares about Warhead.

Crysis is pretty boring too 2bh

You mean "in terms of what's currently being downloaded", since you can't see total downloads. Either way a completely meaningless anecdote.

>Crysis is pretty boring too 2bh
Everything is boring. We should all just kill ourselves.

>ultra
kek

na all native res, ansel disables bloom and messes with the shaders for some reason.

Can you even read?

>You mean "in terms of what's currently being downloaded", since you can't see total downloads. Either way a completely meaningless anecdote.
It's not meaningless. What it means is that right now, the average pirate is far more interested in playing Crysis 3 than playing Crysis 1. In fact, more people are currently downloading Crysis 2 than Crysis 1.

The whole "Everyone loves Crysis and nobody cares about the sequels" thing is bullshit people tell themselves to feel better.

Not him but that's so fucking worthless it's not even funny. TPB isn't a popular place to pirate old games and seeds have -nothing- to do with pirate figures.

looks like a ps2 game

>TPB isn't a popular place to pirate old games and seeds have -nothing- to do with pirate figures.
It's one of the only remaining public torrent sites. And seeds give you a rough estimate of relative popularity. I'm sorry if you're having trouble coping with the fact Crysis 3 is more in demand than Crysis 1.

If only every level was like the 1st one.

FUCK every level after the intro FUCK IT, the intro level is soo GOOD

Can't we just agree that all the Crysis games are really fun and worth playing and stop fighting over them?

>recent games are in more demand than older games
Amazing revelation.
>by a margin of 20 people
Just lol. You're fucking retarded.

Do you have any source on this?
I want to know what happened to all those things

top is witcher 2 engine
bottom is red engine on a shitty stream

>I want to know what happened to all those things
My guess is that they couldn't run on consoles. Just a hunch though.

Is this the DLC, right?

>top is witcher 2 engine

how dumb are you? that's location from W3 you dumbass, and how much of desperate are you to defend shitty CDP practices.

Is there a mod or something to play Pre-Downgrade Witcher 3?

No that's Velen

>It's one of the only remaining public torrent sites.
lol

How do you derive the 3D look from a 2D image, though? I still haven't figured out how they do this.

they were using a modified witcher 2 engine at first before moving to the red engine.

i'm not saying nothing was removed but at least use pics from the witcher 3 at the same res as the top 2.

What is it about Crysis that still looks so good? I know for a fact that other games have higher res textures, more advanced shader technology, better post effects, more environmental enhancements such as clutter, etc.

Why does Crysis still look better than most of them? What is it???

The trailers compared to the final game. I didn't mention in detail a lot of other stuff either.

Consoles happened.

Not for that image they weren't. This is TW2 engine, that other image is not.

Ive never seen someone sperg out like this with almost next to no knowledge.

I love you to

>they were using a modified witcher 2 engine at first
That was way before that footage

>says the guy with no knowledge
There was a stark difference in the 3 builds they were using before the final game.

and they were using new engine on e3 (aka that video and pics), also you just confirmed that they downgraded game nice one mate

Lol this. Didn't the PS4 literally use like trilinear filtering in many of its games?

That image made me cry.

You know how a drawing or painting can look 3D through the use of shading and perspective techniques on a 2D surface? It's basically the same thing.

DELETE THIS

It still looks good with reshade and texture mods is what I'm using

Faggot

>reshade won't add better and more intresting folliage models it will only drop fps by 20-30 adding nothing
>texture mods improves trees and rocks a bit but still keeps ugly grass and bushes

Witcher 3 modding is dead

You gotta admit, that looks fucking awesome. You can nitpick the resolution or the wonky way they render destruction but it still looks really impressive.

Shame the game itself is as mediocre as can be.

It's more ground textures that are changed, and the modding kit is useless.

>tfw no enb for witcher

That's nice. It's like having a sport car in a pace where there are no roads/fuel (Games/exclusives)

Shake that ass baby

i genuinely chuckle when console kids think they have good 'exclusives' when the only things worth touching at all are multiplats
meanwhile our exclusives are usually pretty fucking top notch

>using enb to make unoptimized game to work even worse

ok, no ty i'd rather play at 60fps than at garbage 40-45fps

Hey, fuck you, buddy.

No it didn't.

>someone wasted this much time to attempt to prove a console is more powerful than a PC

fucking LOL

i just noticed how fake light shafts witcher 3 have

Oh man you sure got them!

Not to mention all the other great Playstation exclusives that PC users will never get their hands on like.....L-like...

Maybe he's not a toaster faggot like you.

ok faggot gtx 1060 + i5 2500k is a toaster now go kill yourself

>i5 2500k

What?

>cpu that's like 8 years old
>low end gpu
>not a toaster

lol

>dat cpu

go i5-6600k or go home

still works great clocked at 4.2ghz, one exception are worthless squared enix titles. Gonna chance cpu next year with mobo + ddr4 rams, i5 6600k is not worth spending so much money for just 20% perf boost aka 5fps at best.
>5 years old
>retard
>retard

triple retard which can't even troll

20% more fps at best for $500. No thanks i will wait for 10nm Intel cpus which at least will be worth my money unlike shitty rebranded i5-6600k.

>1060
>low end GPU

the issue is the threading, Witcher 3 improves more the better the cpu threading/cores you have.

what issues? w3 works perfectly fine on ultra, i only get fps drops in few forrest areas, nah w3 doesn't even utilize whole cpu at all so more than 4 cores of crappy amd laptop cpu would be a waste

>called it an unoptimized game
>gets fps drops

>nah works perfectly fine

why are all of these images blurry

game is optimized most of the time, i just said it's unoptimized in few areas where they didn't waste more time on optimization since they already had few delays.

But anyway that should be fixed after release but for CDP more important is money from dlcs than fixing their game, they should also fix cpu utilization which is laughable for open world game

he stopped responding after you pointed out his absurdity here xD

What mods/enb's/etc. are being used in the bottom pic?

I'd like to try that out if a 1060 can handle it.

>enb
>bethesda engine
>with no drops

TOP KEK

you can handle 4k textures no problem, much bigger problem is enb which will drop fps like crazy unless you have newest i7 oced to at least 4 ghz

lol a 1060 can play it easy, that enb isn't very good anyway. Try out jays enb if you want your frames to be pushed.

The thing is it's fucking wild that we can compare Crysis to contemporary games AT ALL.

As soon as the damage reticule showed up I heard Nomad's damage noise.

daiy reminder that crysis was released almost a decade ago, and no game has has come close to the graphical quality since, thanks to consoles and casual cunts holding us all back

L O L
O
L
Look up 1080i versus 1080p. This technique is very old. It introduces a lot of lag, is essentially capped at 24hz and is blurry. This obscures some aliasing but it is an inferior picture to a lower resolution rendered in progressive scan rather than interlaced. "Checkerboard" rendering is just interlaced rendering in a different style.

What game?

A 4k, HDR, low latency TV costs in excess of $4000.

You can build a rig entirely from top-of-the-line hardware + monitor + peripherals $4400 and have money left over to spend on games.

The cucksole market is exclusively designed to trick fuckwits into burning their wallets.

At 60fps? no.
AMD CPU is the problem here, since the game only uses only 2 cores.
My OC'd fx6300 is ~55 fps at all times no matter what graphics settings I use, so console sub-1.6 GHz is just way too under-powered.

>everyone screaming shit bait and yet replies to it

8/10 not even mad that shit made me laugh out loud

cysis has nothing on modded skyrim

This is ridiculous. I love crisis. I have more than 1500 hours in the first game and almost 400 in 3. They're some of my favorite fps games along with doom and stalker. But the majority of modern games top crisis out in terms of visual effects, it isn't a pretty fame anymore. If it was rereleased with higher res textures and better models, then yeah it would still hold up decently on consoles. But there's a lot of things the original cry engine does not do. A port to cryengine 3 would do crisis 1 and warhead huge amounts of justice. You can take a peak at how that looks yourself by importing the level files and playing them on crisis 3. It looks much better but the scripts are really broken.

What ass?

On that note, Crysis' script was pretty solid.

>If you want guarantees, buy a toaster

Snappy, genuine stuff. Liked it a lot.

I want to fuck my game

Uncharted is really well animated game, but the gameplay is shallow.

A 4k HDR display is better suited for PC gaming anyway.

>daiy reminder that crysis was released almost a decade ago, and no game has has come close to the graphical quality since
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition exists. Crysis 3 exists. Homefront: The Revolution exists.

Why do folks act as though Crytek were incompetent? Every new Crytek game bought new features to the table. There has been a significant graphical jump with every Crytek game. But because Crytek (and everyone else) got sick of generic tropical jungle scenery years ago, people keep claiming, "Oh noes, look at how da consoles are holding us back!"

Because Crysis 1 has good gameplay, while 2 and 3 sucked cock.

You're right in the graphics part though.

what mods for that thingy in corner

>On that note, Crysis' script was pretty solid.
Crysis 1/Warhead have good stories, but they're fundamentally just "Heroic Delta Force in Suits Stop Alien Invasion".

Crysis 2/3 were mild reboots that took things in a much darker direction. They are focused on transhumanism and posthumanism. What it means to be human. What a transhuman warrior might sacrifice to protect humanity. By the end of Crysis 3, you are a fully alien creature. There is nothing human left, except your intangible human spirit. That spirit that gives you the drive to fight beyond the limitations of your post-human existence.

It is really interesting stuff, even if the execution was a bit melodramatic at times. I think that Richard K. Morgan introduced some really through provoking stuff to the series, assuming Crysis 2's retcons and transhumanism was his idea.

>Because Crysis 1 has good gameplay, while 2 and 3 sucked cock.
Lies. Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are well made FPS games. Crysis 2 moreso than Crysis 3. Just because they're DIFFERENT to Crysis 1 doesn't make them bad.

Crysis 1 fans remind me of the Resident Evil fans who hate all the action Resident Evils because "not muh Resident Evil, not muh survival horror".

What do you mean? 2 and 3 have shit level design, reduced physics and none of the things that made the series good. 2/3 are just graphics: the game. Meanwhile 1 allowed you to do more things with suit powers, you could sprint without the power, and so much more. They eventually stopped making Crysis because they know they fucked up royally.

The dynamic of Alcatraz being a protagonist was interesting. Prophet shoves the role of "savior of mankind" onto him. "I never asked for this" to the nth degree. Just a literal dead man walking.

>2 and 3 have shit level design
Crysis 2 has excellent level design.
>none of the things that made the series good.
Boo, hoo, they made it different therefore it's bad. This isn't what I want from a Crysis game, bla, bla, bla.

You're such a shit eater.

At least I'm not the one who judges games based on how much they slavishly imitate their predecessors.

>different
No, they made it shit. Making it cinematic, to have none of the physics the first game had, with shitty AI compared to the first game, none of the base invasions, made 2/3 trash. I find surprising anyone would praise those games' stories, because they were fucking garbage as well.

>teraflops
Is this the new word kids nowadays argue with and don't know what it actually means, just like bits back then?

The only thing about Crysis 1 that still holds up is the dense foliage, other than that it looks like shit compared to modern games especially the textures.

It has better textures than Witcher 3, MGSV, and Assassin's Creed Unity yet those are all praised as the best looking games around.

Probably not, single core IPC still isn't high enough to mostly maintain 60fps at all times (real 60fps, not vsync off garbage).

At 1440p without doing any insane tweaks my 780 Ti Classified is actually maxed at many points without anything insane going on.

shit yeah man, this game was fun, i really miss those days

The textures look like absolute shit you're fucking blind m8, I would show you but I just reinstalled and uninstalled it yesterday in a span of 2 hours

It helps drastically if you at least turn on 16x anisotropic, but it won't work in tandem with parallax, that's the downside.

>with shitty AI compared to the first game
Crysis 1 has AI that can't navigate the interiors of small buildings.
>none of the base invasions, made 2/3 trash.
Uh... No. Crysis 2 has ZERO obligation to be ANYTHING like Crysis 1. Only fuckwits think game sequels HAVE to have anything in common with their predecessors gameplay-wise. All a game needs to be a Crysis game is a nanosuit and some aliens.

It actually does run on that

>It has better textures than Witcher 3, MGSV, and Assassin's Creed Unity yet those are all praised as the best looking games around.
Uh... No. AC: Unity has insanely good texture and model quality. On PC, at least.

Is Crysis even a good game? I never played it, but I heard that the graphics are the only redeeming thing about this game.

are you joking?

check the anisotropic filtering settings in your driver settings, it looks really strange

>Is Crysis even a good game?
Yes, it's a very good game. It's essentially Far Cry except you can quicksave now and you can turn invisible and punch small buildings.
>but I heard that the graphics are the only redeeming thing about this game.
That's just something idiots who don't understand Crytek games say. Cevat Yerli is a very good game designer. All the Crytek FPS games innovated in interesting ways. Far Cry was a huge influence on the industry. Crysis was a huge influence. When you play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, you can see the Crysis 1/2 influence in everything from the way Jensen handles to the realtime weapon modification system.

Crysis 1 is a middle ground between the extremely difficult Far Cry and the more "casual" Crysis 2. It has some rough spots, but it's a genuinely great game, and it really annoys me how some people try to devalue Crytek's contributions to the FPS genre by calling their games "glorified tech demos".

Crysis 1 is pretty much just about making your own fun fucking around with the physics engine and suit powers.

But they don't.

It doesn't.

Looks average as fuck.

crysis 2 and 3 had both much better level design that empty mess of crysis 1 which bored me to death after 1h of gameplay

>crysis 1
>empty
How to spot a shitposter.

I used to mod Far Cry and Crysis. Crysis had HUGE stretches of literally nothing. In some areas, you'd just run through stretches of forest with no actual purpose.

Crysis 2 and 3 are structured so that the level design serves a purpose. Crysis 1 has a lot of dead space. Some people might like that, but it doesn't fit with the more narratively focused design of Crysis 2/3.

sure bud

You realize those textures fucking suck right

I can't see the textures that suck. They look very good for an open world game to me.

>I can't see the textures that suck.
Probably because that image is blurry as hell from your peasant FXAA, I don't blame you.

gotta source on that?

for a open world game its fantastic, and is way better than vanilla crysis.

metro games have the best textures or skyrim texture packs.

But it's worse than Crysis and average for open worlds, actually it's below other open worlds since the LOD looks like N64 shit.

All that fucking bloom is way better, you're right.

You're both fucking faggots.

looks fine to me, crysis textures are blurry shit, the rocks look like vomit.

Should we be impressed by thessalation now? Fucking bumpmap with a bit more depth, what is this, 2001?

Crysis was like the biggest fucking thing to me in 2007, especially the palm trees, nothing before has been so good and nothing after has beat it.

It has literally taken me years but I have reverse engineered the 2 core plam tree physics features, the first being the dynamic breaking and the second being the interactive leafs, as well as finding public solutions to for vertex painting based wind and double sided SSS transparency shaders.

I have also added to it torque based trunk bending, branch and leaf removal, and proper physics based air pressure systems.

I am not going to show it off here atm but depending on how a our kickstarter goes I may sell it as middleware.

>tesselation

That's not tessalation.

It's easily anong the 10 best fps ever made user.
>god tier graphics
>god tier gameplay
>god tier physics
>god tier level design
>god tier sound design
>god tier difficulty balance

It's pure uncut fun. The graphics are just bonus, even without them it curbstomps most fps out there.

Haha

You fell for the bait line and sinker you stupid faggot

Anywhere I can track this shit?

no
your doing it wrong, your supposed to find a place that doesn't look so good.
i was supposed to find a texture from that crysis 2 graphics boost update with freaking parallax mapping and shit, that shits so new.

crysis warhead > crysis > crysis 2 > crysis 3

if you play through crysis 2 without ever using the cloak, it is actually suprisingly fun.

in crysis 3 however, the enemies have telescoping super vision and playing it uncloaked is next to impossible, due to the large open areas.

Holy shit

Whoever made this bait pic is a genius and make consolefags take this seriously.

>maxed out 60fps in 4k vr
>60fps
>vr

>not knowing VR requires 90FPS at least.
Step it up.

What actually caused is the Xbox One S sales to have a spike.
Don't think you can preorder Scorpio yet.

i3 6100, 16GB RAM, GTX 960 4GB.
40-50 FPS maxed out.
Gameplay wise, it's basically a urban Far Cry.
Seriously, the gameplay and how it feels is so similar that i'm surprised it wasn't made by Ubisoft.
It's decent, nothing too special, but worth a play.

MGSV with SweetFX is beautiful.
Not the best textures, but still.

"next gen" games use 2d sprites for god rays

>Homefront: The Revolution

Homefront: TR is the true spiritual successor to Cryssis. kosmonautblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/homefront-2-is-the-better-crysis-2/

Anyone who hates Homefront, or at least doesn't recognise its brilliance, is pure pleb material.

And yet, they did just that. Crysis used to look even more photorealistic before it's release, and that was during real gameplay demos. They actually did pull back on the visual fidelity because there were relatively no machines out there that could play it.

Hell, when Crysis Warhead came out, the game got an even further visual downgrade.

>mfw All The Fury

>Homefront TR is brilliant
>55% negative reviews on steam

I think Halo 3 has aged better visually then Crysis.

Looking realistic =/= lookiing nicer

I know litterally nothing about the Ps4 or the ps4 pro, but it that sort of technique he's describing actually works really well.

H2A on MCC on xbone uses it for the single player, The actual resolution it's running at is like 900x1080, but it interpolates vertical piexels to fill in the missing space. It's not quite as sharp as 1920x1080p, but it looks pretty damn good, and certainly better then native 900p

it seems like the sort of thing that would create artifacting but I haven't noticed any

I was playing through Crysis 3 for the first time the other day and the faces in that were some uncanny valley shit.

It's kinda true PC's are expensive as fuark. For a PC that can get 60fps 1080p it would cost about 750 dollars with all the peripherals.

YES

it's a damn shame that crysis had become pc master race retardation icon. In contrary to Cred Forums little joke it really looks dated today in action (enormous rocks made from 10 polygons + with blurred textures, generally except small items their enviro sucks), story is pretty simple, characters are shallow - but when we're talking about gameplay, Crysis fucking rocks.

Seriously, I don't think any game pulled off sandbox-ish FPS gameplay better than this game. Suit powers can be useful anywhere in many ways, there is a lot of room for improvisation, replay value is incredible, you can beat every encounter in game in many ways. Nothing in typical modern FPS can compare to flying around with suit powers like some kind of superhuman and just throwing enemies around with your bare hands so fast they can't even react for what is happening. This game is fucking awesome.

The game had some technical problems until the last patch. The most recent reviews have started swinging far more positive. It turns out Steam gets really pissy if a game has technical issues, regardless of how good the actual game is.