Are they still relevant?

Are they still relevant?

No.

we haven't been relevant since 2008 when CjayC left.

No. Most people just use wikis or video walkthroughs nowadays, Gamefaqs is simply a relic of a simpler time at this point.

still the best website about games.

only useful when im playing some gba games like sacred stones on emulator

I use their forums.

Reminder gamefaqs is over 20 years old

The worst thing now us trying to see you all green-text on the boards and use cuck, shill etc.

You all know who you are. Stop it.

Gamefacks
Game eff ay cues

Isn't the definition of a meme something that spreads through a social medium? That just seems natural.

if you want to discuss about videogames yes

I can't think of another video game database other then GameFaqs, and Mobygames. I still visit for that reason and for the occasional FAQ of older games.

It is but they are just being faggots

>make a serious, thoughtful post someone disagrees with
>get moderated for "trolling"

GameFAQs stopped being relevant when reddit stuffed the polls for Draven.

Actually probably around when wikis gained popularity, but I'm still mad.

CJayC did nothing wrong.

Their boards can be kinda useful if the wikia for a game is non-existent or dead.

still the best for retro guides.

people got angry at their latest goty poll that undertale won so yeah.

The entire site is just retards getting mad over the most obvious trolls to ever exist

the forums seem crap when I visit them from google searches

but the walkthroughs are good, I used one for SoJ just this weekend

It's a fantastic repository for guides and the people who make them are really cool dudes.

That's for you to decide?

The forums are better than Cred Forums.

Got saves for my PS2 Max Drive through them.
If only I knew about how to burn a CD for Dream Explorer for my Dreamcast.

Yeah I've decided that seeing green-text outside of Cred Forums is a great indicator that the person is a gigantically colossal faggot

the text walkthroughs are so outdated and annoying to ctrl f through when someone doesn't format them well. But there's always someone out there that made at least one walkthrough for whatever obscure game you might be stuck on so it's a tradeoff I guess. Best case scenario is a longplay on youtube.

I literally have to keep myself from using > everywhere else I type.

Using > just conveys a feeling of sarcasm that isn't communicated as well by anything else. I find myself wanting to use it often when dismissing other opinions as shit.

I still use GameFAQs almost exclusively when I want to know some detail or am hopelessly stuck. I can't be assed to try to get to the proper part in a walkthrough video to see what I'm doing and I don't wanna hear some greasy neckbeards wheezing voice while I'm at it.

Pretty much every game still gets people writing guides for them even when the site has become more obscure. The html guide format they introduced at some point is really nice because it allows the author to use nicer formatting and put up images and stuff.

For the boards it has always been a shithole and always will be. Well, some games have more bearable boards but most games are either kiddie flamewars or circlejerks.

I still use it for the occasional guide.

I used to go there everyday and be an active member of boards before one day Cred Forums was down and a bunch of memesters from Cred Forums flooded the Brawl board and then I migrated here.

I sometimes wish I could go back, but I can't stand account based forums anymore.

>Tfw I'm a sage

I have never stopped using that site. I have never gone to the forums.

GameFAQs userscore is the most accurate public opinion. Prove me wrong. It's always the closer to what I feel is the appropriate score than critic scores or user scores on other sites.

Critic score is always a shitshow because critics follow trends and also tend to overrate aspects such as production values. Sites like Metacritic are awful because lots of shitholes including Cred Forums spur on hate bombing campaigns in addition to some idiots writing reviews like "My fave series. I look forward to playing this 10/10"

Some wikis are shit with no good information. Also some games are too obscure so it gets hard even finding good videos for things you want to look for.

With that said Gamefaqs largely is a relic these days.

I'm actually surprised how relatively little it has changed over the years. It's one of the only sites left that has a really nice layout reminiscent of times when simple layouts were mandatory because nobody had the bandwidth to load a thousand elements.

Also I feel the userbase is not particularly bad despite the reputation. Obviously games with a cancerous playerbase in general have bad boards. If anything it's one of the only sites that isn't trying to be super trendy and down with the kiddies / SJWs / whatever but purely for people who just want to play some fucking video games and look up help when needed.

I still have it set as my homepage since it first opened.

The mods?

I'm sad the BROTRR/Shaq community died.

Bullshit. I remember the day I finally gave in and installed adblock, the ads on the forums are especially merciless, I remember it would cause my browser to lockup, ads that expand when you roll over them, ads that would play videos.

But yes, with adblock, what you say is true.

Oh right, I didn't even take ads into account. I've had adblock pretty much as long as it has existed.

I tried without adblock just now and honestly it seemed pretty much "wow, it's fucking nothing." mostly some links to stuff at the bottom of the page even on the forums so either I'm being lucky and no shit tier ads are presented right now or they have pulled back from what you described.

Years back I used to enjoy looking at all those dead boards for something cool. That was one aspect of Gamefaqs that I always found neat

They have more videogame discussion then we do...

>I accidentally called someone user on GameFAQs

I used to like CE, until it became a cesspool of SJW circlejerking

I like to post waifu topics on their League of legends board. They hate that shit because the site is full of wannabe normies

Use disc juggler or Alcohol120

at least you didnt post meme arrows

It's actually a combination of SJW's and alt right circlejerks.

I had to look up the results to make sure you weren't shitting me.

Fuck reddit.

I go on the Wii U board and shitpost at times for fun.

It's a horse eats horse world... Anybody excited to Epona in Twilight Princess HD? REAL Zelda fans are.

Not on the social boards, barely anyone even plays games anymore on those

Who even cares about the stupid polls and contests?

They were pretty much outed are retarded jokes when the Tetris L-block won the character popularity contest that one time.