I've reached the part of the Armstrong fight where I have Sam's blade...

I've reached the part of the Armstrong fight where I have Sam's blade. The problem is that I'm having trouble lining up cuts when Armstrong throws a hunk of the Metal Gear at you. How do I git gud at lining up my zandatsu?

Did you tell him your sword is a tool of justice?

you literally can't pull that off consistently
shit boss design Tbh

Stop having parkinsons for starters. Armstrong is the only challenging boss in the game so if you cant beat him, you're just a casual bitch.

Serious answer: use both analog sticks. I made the same mistake about 20 times so I know exactly where you're going wrong

When he throws them just run straight ahead and they'll go over your head. Alternatively git gud

>implying the first playtrough is in any way challenging
the game literally throws tons of medkits at you
>smash x and churn the joystick to be literally invincible

I played on 360, so I don't know if this is consistent between every platform, but I only had to line up two of the squares to get it. And like
said, try using both sticks.

Thanks, I'll try this.

For reals?

you can do this but you wont get those health pack things

In answer to the "run ahead" post, yeah it works.

However you'll miss out on the health the debris gives you.

It's not his sword

Try harder.

You can rotate the slash with just the analog stic just dont flick it hit square to cut .

try moving the slice aim by moving your mouse in a circle and avoid straight lines
or use a 360 controller

>tfw I kept a tab open just for this reply
Thanks for the (You) user.

practice thats really all there is too it. The closest thing you get to it is against Sundowner when you mutilate his shields but thats childs play compared to Armstrong. Just dont panic and line it up like you would any other cut

I just ran away from them desu and got lucky on the last one I personally hated that mechanic. I lost so many times but now I can no damage him with the amount of times I failed.

If you are a scrub I think you can equip the electrolites pack so you don't run out of fuel to slash them.

Its not about energy, there is a time limit that's smaller the higher your difficulty is.

>everyone says S ranking sam is easy
>get to the 3rd phase and miff a parry towards the end
>not even sure I'm within he 3 minute time to beat him
>I've been at this the past 2 days

I've never felt so defeated in a video game before

Don't mention it, it's my good turn for today.

Well, that complicates things. I did try the running away trick.

I use a controller but it's getting a little wonky (wandering camera). I think that a big factor that's fucking me up. The other is that I have some horrible cold/sinus problems I'm just getting over.

Aye, I have no shortage of Electrolytes (4 packs + 3 energy upgrades)

>its a platinum games put extremely strict time limits to their games episode
yeah nothing new

I miss Robin Williams. He would hand made a good Armstrong.

"Nano machine? More like Mr. Clean, haha.".

is there a reason why they didn't make metal gear rising 2 and instead made metal gear survive?

MGR was too creative for Konami, whereas Survive is a great shovelware concept.

MGR2 pachinko when?

Are you using a Xbox controller? I've noticed that the xbox controller is fucking TERRIBLE for Zandatsu sections. Try using a DS3, or even your mouse for those.

I'll try this too, thanks.