Let's be honest, is it really that bad?

Let's be honest, is it really that bad?

>MGSV gameplay
>fun survival aspects (thirst, hunger, etc)
>co-op
>completely new story
>$30

Why are people hating on this game? Is it because Kojima is not involved? Kojima wasn't involved with Ghost Babel either and that one ended up being one of the best MG games.

I think it sounds like fun but I always thought mgs storylines were dog shit anyway.

>>fun survival aspects (thirst, hunger, etc)

fucking casual

I haven't gotten around to watching TGS footage for it yet, but I'm not against it existing. It sounds fun.

I think the franchise will forever suffer without Kojima, but doing a non-canon, budget-priced side game is better than a lot of alternatives Konami could have pulled.

It looks like what should have an extra mode in MGSV.

>fun survival mechanics

Bro if I wanted to survive in a post apocalyptic warzone I'd quit my job and move to Syria

Yes, that's who enjoys those mechanics shoved into a game just because

It's not that bad, but the last game and the events surrounding it left a sour taste for a lot of players. We'll be wary of what they make to see if they learned anything.

My money is on buyable currency/DLC.

From what I've seen, it isn't my cup of tea. I've liked almost every MGS game so far (even TPP, one of my favorites, actually).

I just don't see the reason behind adding the "Metal Gear" franchise to it. Is there going to be more to it than just zombies?

>im so hardcore because i can farm to keep a pointless meter filled

It looks like fun desu

>>fun survival aspects (thirst, hunger, etc)
Yeah no.

Im probably going to get it but shallow as fuck survival mechanics are cancer.

You either put in a full nutrition and clean/dirty water system or dont put it in at all.

It looks great, just upset Kojimadrones hate it

Tbqh (to be quite honest) with you family I think it's just hardcore fans that can't accept komjia is gone and they're bashing it because it's a trend

>shallow as fuck
oh cool, where did you get a chance to play it?

>Bro if I wanted to survive in a post apocalyptic warzone I'd quit my job and move to Syria
Whoa there dont get that Syrious.

>Food and water are collectables
>all you have is a 100% - 0% scale
But go on, point to the sanitation and nutrition system.

>thirst
>hunger
>FUN

>You either put in a full nutrition and clean/dirty water system or dont put it in at all.
MGSV wasn't exactly a realistic simulation, and it's going to make those systems as arcadey as they were in MGS3 because that fits the gameplay well.

>full nutrition

What do you even mean by that?

Because they put "METAL GEAR" brand on it.

You need to eat a balanced diet

Already got that covered.

I genuinely hope that survive doesn't have the shitty hunger / thirst meters, it doesn't make the game more exciting, it just adds tedium.

because it looks retarded
remember how it had crystal zombies?
yeah thats retarded

>I genuinely hope that survive doesn't have the shitty hunger / thirst meters, it doesn't make the game more exciting, it just adds tedium.
It does

How bad does it get?

Well its a food and water meter but they didnt show off how it works

Here's hoping there no inventory cluster fuck. And that it's just something that's refilled at 'base'

Probably not too bad, we don't know if the game is open world yet and the missions don't seem too long.

That looks great in slomo

>balanced diet
>in a fucking apocalypse with zombies everywhere

Who would give a fuck about a balanced diet in a situation like that? You would be lucky to even find food.

So nanomachines, language parasites, vampires, people that can go invisible, giant mechs, etc. are ok, but crystal zombies is where you draw the line?

The only good part of that is the gameplay, which most of us have already got 200 hours out of between GZ and V.

It's nice to imagine MGSV in co-op against guards and helicopters, but another zombie co-op game sounds boring.

The story doesn't matter because it's not related to Kojima's Metal Gear and is already limited by its overused premise.

It will be absolutely awful

>Not Kingdom of The Flies standalone game, settled in a small island with tons of content and replay value like GZ, the full epilogue for TPP, plus online, plus a zombie mode if they really wanted to go that way

Yes, it's really that bad.

I would kill somebody to get this

The best I'll give it is there's a chance it'll be average based on the quality of the engine and because it'll be so far removed from the lore you might forget it's supposed to be Metal Gear.

But it's not out yet. Wait for it to be out at least to see if it somehow manages to be worth the time.

>MGSV gameplay
Yeah, but instead of soldiers we get mindless zombies. Choppers, tanks and vechicles are deleted. All the cool gadgets that would be a blast to use in coop unavailable because "survive and gather resources :DDD".

>fun survival aspects (thirst, hunger, etc)
Fucking great, now I'll have to gather food, drinks, flowers, rocks and millions of other retarded materials to make muh base bigger.

Also I'd rather have a health bar back than """fun""" survival mechanics.
>co-op
Literally the only good thing about it. But still, I'd rather have an optional [COOP] modifier for missions in TPP.

>completely new story
Featuring:
>mute custom soldier (PC)
>mute independent woman with a bow (player 2)
>mute buff dude with a spear (player 3)
>mute le assassin qt with a knife (player 4)
Also can't wait for more info about wormholes.

>$30
I'd pay $60 for
>Kingdom of Flies
>MGR2
>New Metal Gear game with a new cast of characters and story
>Remakes of previous games on FoxEngine

I don't give a fuck if it's cheap. I'll pirate it in hope for a zombie Metal Gear Zeke fight.

>y-you're a kojimadrone

Kill yourself, they literally took everything bad about Hackjima and made a game about it.

I've never played DayZ for more than 5 minutes, but isn't it just players who have endgame equipment killing everyone?
Metal gear survive is going to be full KOS tdm 24/7 if it attempts to be a survival game

I'm more excited for it than whatever shit Kojima has planned

It's not an MMO like DayZ, it'll be limited to 4 player coop.

k

I was shitting on it before I knew of the price. For 30 bucks, eh, a whatever. Should have just been cheaper and just a DLC though.

A sad attempt to milk the franchise and mgs5, but at least they didn't go full jewish like I thought they would.

They could have at least attempted to finish up MGS5, but no. A good thing too I guess, as I suppose the only way to go fro MGS5 is even more stupid.

What's the problem with it being a standalone and cheaper? It's actually better than DLC since it doesn't require the full game, Wolfenstein The Old Blood did the same thing.

>t.pleb

>implying mgsurvive isn't just being sold to gather funds to make and release the third chapter of mgsv, released as a standalone game like gz

It'll be to gather funds to make Metal Gear Rising 2 pachinko.

>thirst, hunger, etc
>fun

Shut up monkey.

>Former MSF Mother Base, and it's surviving soldiers, get sucked up into a portal in the sky
>They're all wearing DD uniforms in the game

I don't understand, since they're using assets from TPP, which has the MSF uniform in it, why use the DD ones?

The uniform they're using in the gameplay is all crafted, you can see when they pause.

From what I saw, several soldiers are wearing the MGO uniform variants, which use the DD uniform as a base. There were several new pieces, but I didn't see any MSF gear in the latest footage.

>mad kojima drone

>Pirate

Denuvo says hi.

Then I'll ignore it unless it turns out to be better than MGSV.

The alternate reality they fall into is some bizarro 1984 Afghanistan.

Ghost Babel was a game about tactical espionage.
>but muh MGR
He was involved with MGR.

Not going full jewish? This game will have micro transactions

Basically this. They might have sold the game without the "Metal Gear" title.

As is, MGS fans will avoid it on principal while people unfamiliar with the franchise will think they shouldn't pay it mind if they haven't played the other games. It was a stupid decision.

While I really enjoy the gameplay in MGSV, this game seems bland for many reasons. First of all the enemies they've shown look so boring to fight, even moreso than regular zombies since there's no gore or dismemberment. Second, the melee combat looks lame as fuck (either poke with a stick or slash left and right with a sword). Third, the barricade system could get old really fast unless there's TONS of different things that you can craft. Right now, it literally just looks like Resident Evil: Revelations multiplayer except open world and with item crafting.