Dishonored 2

It's pretty much in the bag that this game will be the best game coming out in 2016. The next closest contender is Divinity Original Sin 2, but I believe Dishonored 2 will be better overall.
But whereas I've already kickstarted Divinity OS 2, I have yet to pre-order Dishonored 2. Two biggest things holding me back right now:
- the $80 CAD price tag
- the preorder bonus of the original Dishonored Definitive Edition

By all accounts if you already own the entirety of Dishonored, you won't be gifted another Dishonored key by preordering Dishonored 2.
I know it's just a psychological thing but it feels like I'm losing out by not at least getting a separate giftable copy. I can see how this is an incentive for people who have never played Dishonored to get into it, but at the same time I feel I would actually be more likely to preorder Dishonored 2 if they didn't offer Dishonor at all.

I wish they would have done what The Witcher 3 did, which is pretty much the only preorder incentive example ever I can think of that was actually GOOD instead of being inconsequential, which was to give a slight discount to those that already owned the previous title.

tl;dr what are your thoughts on Dishonored 2 and what are examples of preorder bonuses that would actually make you want to preorder a game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CKPzsH4lZjM
dailymotion.com/video/x4ploi9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to hug adult emily

Nice pasta.

It's going to be the best game of the last couple years. I've never been more hype for a game in my entire life.

Which ending from Dishonored will be canon? I figure it's going to be Low Chaos, but idk.

Also, is Emily going to be a bad girl?

Todd pls go.

Devs said it assumes Low Chaos ending and that all targets were eliminated Non-Lethally. (Which I assume is so they can bring back anyone they want without breaking canon.)

Same with KoD/WoB -- assumes Low Chaos, Daud spared Billie's life, and Corvo spared Daud's.

>that kid who thought Toddposting was like so funny

Go away, kid. The grown ups are talking about Arkane here.

Y'all niggas ready for Game of the Motherfucking Decade?

>Which I assume is so they can bring back anyone they want without breaking canon.

Except for that overseer fucker who you can find as a weeper in the flooded district.

Granted, most are fucked even worse than death. (Oh, Pendleton twins...)

>did a complete ghost and clean hands run
>pain in the ass, reloading constantly
>finally beat the game like this
>clean hands pops but ghost doesn't
>apparently it's possible to not be seen during the chase segment in the very first level
>just assumed be seen was mandatory
They all had to be consecutive too, so I couldn't just replay the first level. Never ended up getting it because Ghost was the reason my playthough was a bitch

Where should a Dishonored sequel or spinoff go? I want an icy environment, and I recall there being a prison on a glacier where inmates were free to leave, but doing so would be certain death. God this lore is so rad.

>waaah, I don't want to preorder a game I really want to play because they're giving away a free game!
Justify it however you want, you sound like a fucking baby.

>what preorder bonus makes you actually want to preorder a game?
The game being good? The developer being one of the last bastions of high-quality single-player games that has literally never disappointed me?

What the fuck do you want? I just want a good game. You can shove the posters, keychains, and art books up your vas deferens.

Tyvia should definitely be next. Morley can be after.

And then we get the game that happens in a big expedition attempting to colonize Pandyssia.

Tyvia.

And yes, Dishonored has the best fictional universe and lore in the history of vidya.

Something similar fucked me on my first Foxiest runs of Mankind Divided. Apparently you have to ghost through the helicopter segment and pull the battery.

>Dishonored
>Dishonored 2
>Dishonored: Darkness of Tyvia
>Dishonored: Orchids of Morley
>Dishonored: Plague of Pandyssia

This is the reality I want to live in.

>bored as fuck
>no idea what to play
>see this thread

My fucking niggas. I'm firing up Knife of Dunwall as we speak.

>tfw no spinoff where you play as Billie Lurk forming a new group of assassins in a new city after Daud exiled her

I'm practicing recording to prepare myself for a Dishonored lorethrough. Hang tight, my choffers.

Supposedly one of the characters in the new book managed to escape from that prison

That's why I'm buying a video-game tie-in novel for the first time in my life. Dishonored lore is THAT GOOD.

youtube.com/watch?v=CKPzsH4lZjM

>first DS2 playthrough will be as Corvo
>going absolutely nuts, murdering every guards and targets
>muh brutality

can't fucking wait

What is a lorethrough?

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the assassins will lose their powers if they spend too much time away from Daud. But Billie can still probably teach swordfighting

To this day, there is no cooler vidya video genre than "retardedly amazing and brutal high-speed genocide" that Dishonored was known for. Just look up Dishonored high chaos videos and watch 5 straight minutes of unending acrobatic murder.

>The Outsider is dying due to all the whale killing.
>At the end of the game your character is offered a chance to be the new The Outsider.

There must always be a The Outsider.

dailymotion.com/video/x4ploi9

here's some leaked gameplay

Ah, true. Daud gave his followers little sprinklings of his power to keep them loyal and in line.

Who knows, though? The Outsider could easily get bored and grant Billie his Mark, just for the lulz.

Think I played through the first one like 4 times by now desu
I really like sneaking about but I disliked not being able to kill people for the good ending

You could kill 20% of the guards in the whole game and still get the good ending

I'm quite hyped for this too and it's been my most anticipated game since it was announced, but I'm still cautious. There seems to be a shit ton of content plus two protagonists and way more powers. I hope they stayed true to what made the first game so fucking baller (top tier level design and tons of tiny details) and haven't jumped the shark.

>tfw too many games i want coming out soon
>pretty much all of them are 60 dollars
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be pirating everything that isn't space hulk deathwing and for honor

For the 70000000th time, there is no canon "good" or "bad" ending. Just varying levels of chaos. You could argue they're all pretty bad ends.

You didn't "get fucked into the BAD ending", you just got a different ending. Also, going high chaos is much more fun -- are you telling me that the fun you had being a supernatural mass murderer for the entire campaign was erased from your memory because the 30-second epilogue said you did mean things?

Has anyone bought the comics, and how are they? I wouldn't mind it if they didn't seem so short

Having seen all the gameplay videos they've released, I have 0% fear that they're going to fuck it up. If anything, they've done the impossible and it's better than the first in every way.

Hot or not?

Hope you're right my man, if anybody can pull it off it's Arkane because they have yet to be sullied.

>buying For Honor at $60
>pirating based Arkane

>cancerKillingGaming.gif

will probably look better in-game

oh man, those takedowns and counter attacks are sexy as fuck

Irrelevant. It's a first-person game and she could murder everyone in a city block within 5 minutes.

(To me, that's pretty fucking hot.)

Seriously, though, I think she's plenty cute. I'd love to be her royal retainer, following her around, doing her bidding, making sure she's always comfy and happy.

This, wtf user.

I fucking hated the original. It was a slog to finish it. I regret wasting my time on it.

This isn't bait.

Actual fucking opinion.

Yeah, I completely agree. I wasn't anticipating it very much until I caught up with all the footage and it ended up being the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Some of the designs remind me a lot of The Metal Age, between them, Steven Russell, what they've done with non-lethal, no powers mode and having just played Knife Of Dunwall, I have no worries at all about whether or not I'll be enjoying it.

Art looks prettier than ever too, somehow

I played the alpha and for honor is really good. Plus I'm only paying 37 on cdkeys
>based arkane
Literally do not care, it'll sell well without me given the reputation the 1st one holds and how hyped it is even between the normies
>cancer killing gaming
Not paying 60 dollars for a digital loan of a single player game

why the fuck is delilah back?they better at least mention daud

>It's pretty much in the bag that this game will be the best game coming out in 2016.
You fucking wish.

not, but in a good way kind of like The Boss

is this using denuvo?

>portable cannon

I hope so

gtfo, piratefag.

>paying $80 for a game that will last 15 hours at most

Sounds like a shitty deal, unless you like replaying games over and over

I like her facial structure. She has handsome facial features. A smile would be better.

stop.

>mad buycucks
lol

Hold the fuck up, there was a non-lethal route for the pendletons?

>short hair
>serious
>prominent eyebrows

hits the right notes for me famalam

Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

>empress of the isles
>trained to kill
>marked by the outsider

kek I don't think she'll ever smile

HOR AP

slackjaw cuts off their tongues and send them to their own mines

Fallout 4 didn't, however DOOM did
Honesty it just a wait and see

Sad but true. After what she's been through, she doesn't have a reason to...

Bruh

Based Daniel Day Lewis cuts out their tongues and makes them work in their own mines

Come on, user, apply yourself. The best thing about Dishonored is there's a nonlethal route for everybody.

>01:00
>"i wanted to visit this... with wyman(?)

i'm gonna laugh if she has a love interest or something

She would be the type to peg her parter kek

We don't know yet how she really is, though.

In the E3 videos she seemed really unsure of herself when talking to Corvo

>mommy issues
>dykish haircut
>resting bitch face with masculine features

She fits the bill to a t

Thank you for the opinion, sir. Now please help yourself to some whiskey and cigars.

I'm really excited for this, it's gonna kill me if it turns out shit. I loved the first game and I have faith in Arkane.

I think it's going to be huge.

Like, Portal 2 huge

I'm also excited to see that one dude on youtube being a savage with this game again.

> got every ds1 achievement
I hope ds2 is harder.

The original was okay, played it once and then never had the urge to play it again. It wasn't that interesting and the game play wasn't phenomenal. Don't see any reason to think the sequel will be anything more than a good game that's worth a playthrough, GOTY probably not.

I hope Daud will make an appearance, he's my favorite Dishonored character.

i've got nearly all of them. all from the main game and real DLC at least. don't think i'll ever get the achievements from the stupid fucking Dunwall City DLC.

stealthgamerBR? Yeah dude's sick at Dishonored.

The brawler ones I found surprisingly easy.
And the other challenges I got after a few go's

Same but I hope it's just a small thing. Like you see him on the beach in a deck chair or playing checkers in a retirement home.

>choose slugs to be your new god animal
>entire world now runs on slug oil

Anyone here /collectorseditioncuck/?

Did I fall for another meme?