It's been 10 years

It's been 10 years.

Can we stop pretending it was bad now?

Get the fuck out of here fag.

No but strangely we can have Xbox Huge threads even though everyone knows that a huge peace of crap.

It's been 3 years.

Can we stop pretending it was bad now?

"piece" Whoops.

Third party games were mediocre but most Nintendo stuff was ok-tier. People who missed the gamecube had plenty of games to play on it.

>pretending

I went into it with no real expectations and kind of enjoyed it.

I can't even think of a better western hack and slash.

prob in top 10 consoles of all time

I never owned a Wii but since my Wii U is backwards compatible I've been going back and playing Wii games

just played trauma center: second opinion
it was pretty good
up next is super mario galaxy, I'm excited to play it since I hear they are good

also bought no more heroes and mad world, they were pretty cheap, new on amazon

The Wii's library was Gamecube tier at best.

Worst generation-leader console ever.

WAGGLAN
AGGLANW
GGLANWA
GLANWAG
LANWAGG
ANWAGGL
NWAGGLA

It was pretty bad. From awful shovelware to borderline unplayable ports like HOTD Overkill, the biggest advantage the library had was being backward compatible with the Gamesphere.

It had some good games but they were just upjumped or even held back gamecube games
Its gimmick actually worked in skyward sword and wii bowling... but that was it, thats the whole gimmick

but its been long enough now to say the wii was good and wii u was bad. There was not a single wii u game that was worth calling a classic. No AAA zelda, no big metroid or high impact new IP, only B roll shit like bayo and sploogers

It literally destroyed Nintendo as a brand name, and nothing they have made since is worth watching online, let alone paying for.

I liked it. The only other console besides the SNES that my parents ever touched. I'd say "expanding the market" is a good thing. Fuck your hardcore sensibilities.

>It's been 10 years.
Okay?
>Can we stop pretending it was bad now?
But it was bad.

I'm confused. What does its age have to do with it? Just because it's old doesn't mean it's good.

You are literally wrong.

WiiU did that.

on the contrary, can we stop pretending it was good? it had two amazing games, super mario galaxy 1 & 2. everything else on it was shit.

What was good on it was damn good. Unfortunately, that was about seven games.

t. Someone who went through the tedious process of hacking his

At least there's VC

Pii Poo was 1000000x worse than Wii, but that's a low bar to set. Wii was the beginning of the end for Nintendo, and there is no good game on the Wii, period.

Why is Cred Forums full of fucking historical revisionists. Or are you just underage?

I'm not pretending shit, faggot.

Curently the worst console Nintendo has ever made. It also marked their irreversible downward spiral of quality.

Even their first party games feel like thoughtless shovelware now.

Also, that too. Wii has more shovelware than any other console ever made. Only rivaled by the PS2.

It's a burning dumpster of a console, that was only successful because it targeted your grandma as the primary consumer and absolutely nothing on god's green earth will convince me otherwise.

Wii is a great console. fully backwards compatible, virtual console was revolutionary and it looks really modern and cool and it's su per compact. It's got v nice presentation. The menus are v chill. The wiimote fits in your hand nicely. It has a good assortment of shovelware family games and also stuff like call of duty and other ports like Scarface. It's easy to mod too. It's v solid and super cheap now. The wii is great. If it had sold poorly people would love it as much as the dreamcast

gamecube breakout hits:

>RE4
>Wind Waker
>Metroid Prime 1/2
>Melee
>Eternal Darkness
>Prince of Persia

Wii bests:
>Galaxy 1/2
>Brawl
>Twilight Princess
>Skyward Sword
>Metroid Prime 3

it was like 1-2 games short is all

Whoa man, my heart is racing from how thoroughly you've destroyed us

I finally got one last year. Great console in hindsight but I can't see myself having liked it while waiting for games on it over the years.

>and there is no good game on the Wii, period.

Galaxy 2 is literally the greatest game of 7th gen and possibly the best platformer ever made.

Come the fuck at me.

>Only supported by Brawl
>The rest was virtual console

Go fuck yourself.

It had some good games but the motion controls were actually a really stupid gimmick. Most of the games would have been fine with a normal control scheme. Waggling was completely unnecessary for most titles and nowadays it's just annoying to go back to some of them.

I don't even remember what that is.

You forgot F-Zero GX, and I guess Animal Crossing on both if you're into that.

mario galaxy
galaxy 2
twilight
skyward
resident evil 4
wii sports
guitar hero 3
guitar hero 5
metroid prime 3
metroid prime trilogy
punch out
smash brawl
wario ware smooth moves
wario land shake it
madworld
battlion wars 2
trama center new blood
super paper mario
fire emblem raident dawn
no more heroes 2
zack and wiki
donkey kong country returns

what I own. great console

now the wiiu

>wonderful 101, never finished, got for free by scamming club nintendo
> mario 3d world, never finished, too similar to 3d land
>new super mario/luigi U, came with console, never played it
>mario kart 8- barely played, only got because of the free game
>wind waker HD- free with mario kart, never finished a I already beat gamecube version many times.

squirrel semen

When will the every console ever sucks meme finally end ?

>Curently the worst console Nintendo has ever made

Nope, that's the Wii U. Wii still managed to be far and away better than the Wii U. Hell, the Wii U didn't even get a proper Mario title. At least the Wii got Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

I wasn't really into Shake It, honestly. Just kinda fell flat for me.

What's funny is this picture is exactly the kind of fag that thinks this fisher price toy is even slightly entertaining.

Mario Kart Wii sold gazillions.

neither of those games deserve to be on that list. Animal crossing is a lot closer than F-Zero, but sorry its too niche of an interest to lump into the AAA titles. If I was going to list animal crossing, I might as well list wii sports

>The_Average_Wii_Owner.jpg
Sounds about right.

>breakout hits
>eternal darkness
>failing to mention dkc returns which was actually a hit

Literally only desperate Nintendo fanboys thinks that this peace of shit was eome great console, and that the wiimote was some standard-setting revolutionary innovation.

I'm a sprite art fag, and animations were great.

it was a solid game, a hell of a lot better than master of disguise.

the only mario karts that can be called classics are super mario kart and mario kart 64
everything since is just rehashing that same shit over again with no meaningful improvement

I didn't realize you were listing AAA stuff, and am confused about your qualifications regarding it.

Wii Sports got more attention than literally anything else on the Wii. Bars still have Wii Bowling nights.

Well, what isn't? But coming to it after 3 and 4, it didn't quite hold up for me.

quality matters
if # of copies shipped was the only metric than wii sports was one of the best games of the last couple generations

you're not wrong

but that doesn't mean the wii was good

You forgot about wii version of prince of persia forgotten sands. Best version. Also last story and xenoblade. Fire emblem was great. That chocobo game was one of my favorites, wario land shake it was great, and red steel 2 was awesome. Wii actually had some great games

Double Dash's two person thing was pretty inventive.

>muramasa
>sakura wars
>phantom brave
>xenoblade
>tales games
It was pretty good, all things considered.

DKC returns should still be there

Nintendo Consoles have always been ridiculed as being stupid.

Wasn't good enough to become a mainstay of the series though. He's right, other games may be good but they're all just following in the wake of Super and 64.

Is Red Steel 2 really that good? The first one was kind of awful.

>Wii bests
>Twilight Princess

Gamecube version is best version

Doesn't mean it was bad though

WarioWare, Prime 3, NMH 1 & 2, Mad World, Muramasa, Boy and His Blob, TvC, WarioLand, Wii Sports, etc, don't lie, you know the wii was fun as fuck.

no it shouldn't
DKCR and DKCTP should be in the trash can, where all 2d platformers with nothing innovative belong in 2010+

kys

Seriously, if I was only allowed to have one console in my house, it would be the wii. It's slick, compact and the wiimotes are super intuitive compared to standard controllers. It has something for everybody. It has all the sports games, call of duty, mario kart, wii sports and also stuff for more hardcore players. It even has bully. Its got a super underrated library.

plus if you have old people or girls over there's loads of party games like wheel of fortune you can play. Wii is the one true console. It's the ultimate modern games machine. Everybody should own a wii

yeah too bad it was the Wii's hardcore launch title and killer app, so it goes down in the wii category in the same way BotW will go down as an NX game even though it was made for pee-you

all of those were shit

>the same people who like the gamecube hate the wii

nostalgia is one powerful drug

Wii U:
Superior Donkey Kong with proper controls
Superior Tri with better controls
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Best Pikmin
Can play Galaxy 2
Superior 3D world
MK8 with the best online fun ever for Mario kart
Splatoon the most fun online shooter for the whole family with plenty of depth and no shitters talking about how high they are over a mic

Wii:
Shitty waggle controls and shit casual garbage like guitar hero and wii sports wario party crap games
Doesn't even have a hdmi port

Wii U is clearly the better console, user.

wii u is better than it

best first-party nintendo games since the snes

>a decade

Ahah you stupid fuck there's no wa
>it has been

I'm too old for Cred Forums. But anyone with more then 2 braincells to rub together can turn the system into one of the greatest living room emulator consoles with a decent library of gnc and wii games to boot

>be 29
>wii comes out when I'm at college
>sole person in my apartment building that has a wii
>roommates and I leave the door open and become known as the wii sports dorm
>girls constantly coming in to play tennis
>managed to fuck one
>lost my virginity thanks to Iwata
>literally stopped being so awkward around girls once I finally realized its not that hard to get laid
>now i'm engaged

the Wii changed my goddamn life.

I really disagree with you. I'd only be on board with this if you were a /vr/fag on an extreme budget.

this is why nintendo has gone to shit, its autistic manchildren don't know the difference between a good game and a bad game.

wow dude you sure showed me

You were 29 in college? Living in a college dorm, at that? What the hell?

>pretending

>now i'm engaged

prove it.

if that's your wii list then this wii u list is only fair (now not featuring your personal blog):

Mario 3d world
Smash wii u
Bayonetta 2
Mario kart 8
Mario maker
Pikmin 3
Xenoblade x
Tropical freeze
Splatoon
Lego city undercover
Nintendo land
Wonderful 101
Yoshi's woolly world
Pokken tournament
Treasure tracker
nsmbu

All of these games are good non-rerelease games that are also exclusive to the wii u, unlike your list which has a few multiplats.

Did she call the cops or did you get away with it?

It was terrible

Not the user you were talking to, but for all the shitting on Nintendo around here, they've honestly had the best games this gen

>29
>college

The Wii is a good system. :-P

fuck off retard.

I'm 29 now, I was 19 when the Wii came out

>Xenoblade
>Pandoras Tower
>Last Story
>Homebrew
Need more nigger?

holy shit that vid

Don't try to white wash over it creep.

All the games in both lists are good, I was just posting the equivalent wii u titles.

Yea the first one was garbage. Red steel 2 was pretty sweet. You're like a samurai redmage fighting ninja punks in the old west. It's weird but a lotta fun.

I recently am replaying Xenoblade, and playing SMG2 for the first time. The Wii is still a great system.