So what is this? Everyone seems to be freaking out over it

So what is this? Everyone seems to be freaking out over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LIRIK/status/777952327294521344
stunlockstudios.com/about
youtube.com/watch?v=iC1A2mD-MtE
twitter.com/Battlerite/status/777997354251190272
steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/568967047176899776
youtube.com/watch?v=ChBBHO0wqgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LoL if it cut all the shit out

bloodline champions

stop shilling so damn hard

I signed up for the raffle but I doubt I'll get a key

hopefully someone posts some

I'd agree but the game launches in like a day, there are some threads bound to pop up

Looks like everything that caused the EA LoL clone to get shut down desu senpai

In short this, and the fact that this game is the spiritual successor to it. The beta I played was fun and I'm looking forward to EA, I would've backed Diabotical for the tier that gave me a key for it, but I had no fucking clue what this game was when they announced it. Maybe someone will cough their extra EA key from Diabotical campaign in here.

What the fuck was that game called? I know it had a fairly small but devoted community. I've seen it posted a lot on Cred Forums in threads about new MOBAs.

Post your Main

Taya here

Igniter. It's gonna take a while before I get used to the new names.

go find some overwatch thread to shitpost in

I don't know man I haven't played the game yet

if anything Oldur looks cool

So is anyone actually going to buy into Early Access? I wanna keep playing but I fear I'll drop money into a game with no community.

Is it coming to consoles?

Battlerite is the spiritual successor to bloodline champions, it's a 2v2 or 3v3 game played in a BO5 format where the objective is to kill the enemy team. A round usually lasts 1-3 minutes.

Everything is a skillshot, movement is WASD, there are currently 15 characters and 4 maps.

Early access is 20$/€ on steam available in ~16 hours, and the game will be free to play when it actually launches.

Pomp

now that LIRIK has streamed it, there's no way it's not gonna have players

I don' think so senpai. It's designed for mouse + keyboard and fast action

Take the best aspects of WoW arena, add in static heroes with a defined skill set, remove gear from the equation, give it a top down perspective, make every ability a skillshot even the heals, and then toss in some fighting game mechanics like EX's and cancel casts, and you have Battlerite. Literally and the only difference I dislike about it compared to BLC is that the reticle isn't 100% accurate like it was in BLC due to the change in depth at certain parts of the screen, mainly the diagonals.

Freya currently, but hoping for Reaver soon.

Shame, F2P games tend to have more players online on consoles than their PC counterparts. RIP HAWKEN.

Does Poloma need nerfed/changed? I hate her kit. 1.8 seconds of invulnerability, a knockback, and 2 second panic. So frustrating to try and commit a bunch of effort into focusing her while her teammate(s) beat the shit out of you. At least her ult is pretty garbage and she can't self-heal very well.

Pomp only panics you if you use an ability. Just don't attack for .5s and you're free to run the rape train on her.

I don't wanna be the classic faggot crying for nerfs, but I think it's REALLY weird how Ranid has higher than average health points.

>everyone referring champions by their BLC names
>have no idea who fucking anyone is

I have to assume Igniter is Ashka

Shitfu and Pearl. The new guy Rook looks sick, everyone screamed GLUTTON when he was on stream so I guess that was his BLC name. I'm not a fan of any of the ranged guys I don't think, Pearl is fine since I don't mind playing support, but I really wanna like Ashka.

If she can't get her links up she's pretty bad, you can prevent her from self healing by blocking LoS to her teammates. She's pretty immobile as well so if you can bait her right click out on someone else and switch to her she's pretty much dead.

She's much better in 3s than 2s too.

desu Secret Ponchos was originally a console game, and I always thought it's similar to Bloodline Champions in a way, so we'll see

it's the wolf that's the problem

HARBINGER WHEN

soon
you can see him in the gameplay trailer

TFW no guardian yet hoping she'll get in soon. Luckily I was a Ranid Assassin main so I'm happy he got in as Croak early.

a decent casual wow-style arena thing

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>casual

Class names are so much easier to remember than these stupid cartoon character names that could just be from any setting or time period

We'll see how the skill ceiling shows itself and meta develops

It's the definition of casual. You have a handful of easy to understand abilties, short rounds, everything is made so you can pick up and play it for however short or long you want. Throw in the chest and coins mechanic, its very obviously a casual game, and was inspired from casual games as well.

The devs even paid Lirik to Shill the game. And speaking of Lirik why does people even watch him? I've tried to watch him a few times but the only thing he does is complaining and calling all his viewers retards and shits, why would you ever watch someone that got zero respect for the very own people making his living?

I don't get it, he's not funny, he's not very knowledgeable or insightful and he's not even that good at games

>paid
what happened is he was watching the gameplay trailer on his stream, devs noticed it, and as the game was already having an internal test session at that moment, they messaged him on twitter asking if he wants to play
twitter.com/LIRIK/status/777952327294521344
they only gave him early access and a couple of keys to give out on his discord

>publisher gets streamers to promote the game

stop the fucking presses

>Everything is a skillshot,
Is aiming really that rare of a skill that you have to call it this

in top-down style games, yes
in dota, LoL, hots, and the like a lot of abilities you just click on the enemy/ally and it hits, no aiming involved. so the aimed abilities are called "skillshots" because they require more skill to hit that simply selecting your target

I don't get it either, he does not even use a cam. All he does is whine and tells his viewers how retarded they are.

BLC has a very high skill ceiling, this game a bit less so. Calling it casual is a bit far fetched though.

dude check out this game it has so many skill shots

Yeah pure coincident that he just happens to be seen by the devs and given keys instantly just when he had time to stream it in his streaming schedule.

>Skillshots
This looks like HotS levels of bad.

I got a key and played this for about a week. Might play it a bit more and maybe its better 3v3 but 2v2 is pretty boring. Spells are samey and low impact, makes the whole thing feel pretty slow and safe. I guess this is how league of legends feels. I played 2000 hours in dota like three years ago and what I remember being fun about that games teamfights is the impact every player could have. This just feels like a bunch of little scratches, a milquetoast war of attrition.

he's a popular streamer. you call that a coincidence?
is your tinfoil so thick to think that they would even stage a twitter conversation instead of just disclaiming that he gave him a key like literally every other dev that gives him a game?

This is the company and people behind the game:

stunlockstudios.com/about

I'm doing a SJW check and the only red flags I can see are

>woman PR manager

and

>Sweden

If this game goes down the maoist path of League of Legends "anti-toxicity" crusading I will not touch it.

Could this be an actual based Swedish dev?

seek help

uh oh

what did you mean by that?

in BLC (the previous game they made) literally no one ever got banned for talking shit
and a lot players, even high-profile ones are acting pretty immature by toxicity-hunting LoL devs' standards, with no repercussions
so I'd say there's not gonna be any crusades

The game is an exact copy of Bloodline champions....from the same studio. Bloodline champions also totally failed because the game gets boring after like 1 week because it's too shallow just like this game.
I won't feel bad when these SJW devs gonna totally fail with this game because it's just so lazy literally releasing the same game again.

thats good to hear i guess

we'll see how long they last under pressure from safe space redditor faggots whining about "gg ez" though

heard a lot of good things about the gameplay, but the general style and art direction throw me off. all the characters look annoying, dumb and unappealing.

i don't think anybody has been freaking out about the game except the sponsored streamers that were paid to play it

>exact copy
>boring after 1 week
>sjw devs
you got some kind of vendetta against them, spouting out blatant lies like that?

its bloodlines champions except your fav chars moveset probably got gutted

for the SJW part just see For the boring after a week, you did you think people stopped playing BLC so fast? because it's a game that gets boring really fast.

And yes the game is an exact copy of BLC, only difference is new heroes and other graphic, the game is played exactly like the other game.

nobody stopped playing bloodline champions fast, it was active for at least 3 years
what killed it eventually was Funcom's idea to add medallions, gems and traits, and focus on releasing more bllodlines and cosmetics instead of balancing old characters

>it was active for at least 3 years
Having a playerbase of 1000 players is not active fampai. I guess you also still think Heroes of Newerth is active.

if they add a hook for normies and some really interesting game modes they might be able to have a pretty popular game on their hands

i already like the aesthetics and gameplay, reminds me of torchlight 2.

comfy.

what the fuck are you even talking about

Basically this. BLC died though so its going to be interesting to see if people give a shit about this long term

Looking at the classes, there is a FUCK ton of reused ideas like stealth and shields. Like half the roster can self-shield and stealth.

There are a few similar games on Dota 2. Crumbling Island Arena gets updated all the time.

one of BLC's original inspirations is Warcraft's custom map called Warlocks, so it would make sense something similar would come up in dota 2

A Warlocks game is up there too, aka buying your loadout. Crumbling Island uses set characters instead of buying spells.

Problem is Valve does a poor job of funneling people into customs.

oh shit I think I remember playing that

also UMS maps in starcraft

nostalgia activated

>wow arena with top down camera and manual aiming
>diablo 2 pvp with wasd movement
>That warlock map from WC3 with WASD movement
>Bloodline champions

that's the easiest comparison that I can think of that have the same feel to it. It's not like dota or lol just because the camera angle is the same. I like it so far but I also loved bloodline champions so I'm biased. I hope they concentrate on the fun part now and don't fuck it up with esports shit that isnt necassary when your game has barely any players.

Lucie, everyone else plays slower compared to their blc counterpart. Alchemist feels actually faster with her. Though it has been along time since i played blc so I could just be making stuff up.
Also I like her Roll ability, reminds me of dead island epidemic, i just need to have it.

Reaver

>now that LIRIK has streamed it, there's no way it's not gonna have players
twitch nowadays is the biggest ad campaign a game can have, like girls buying their celeberites favorite dress, kids buy their favorites streamers game.
I'm glad he picked BR up and found it fun.

>Luci and totally not Annie
Nerf bat better be hitting soon

>now that LIRIK has streamed it, there's no way it's not gonna have players
You really think ADHD players watching Lirik going to stay and play the game for a long time? When Lirik streams the next Flavor of the week game people have already forgotten this game.

I watch him for the quips, can be quite fun hearing people talk shit like that. also why are you defending twitch chat? any stream with more than 1000 viewers has a shit chat

>fun about that games teamfights is the impact every player could have. This just feels like a bunch of little scratches, a milquetoast war of attrition.
maybe you are just shit at it
good players can comeback in a 1v3 situation if they try hard enough
youtube.com/watch?v=iC1A2mD-MtE

No one's actually freaking out over it, it's the devs making streamers and shit shill for them.

this is true in a way, old fans of blc are worried that it will just die out like BLC.
Ofcoures we are hyped but we arent many to begin with. Like 3000 people at most, a few more if you count russians.

the thing is he's gonna play it with shorty tomorrow, Hafu has already played it and probably is going to play more (she's a BLC veteran), and others like Reckful or Soda might hop on the train, since they are WoW arena players
dota personalities might stream it too. ODPixel did as soon as NDA was lifted (although he's relatively a nobody), and others might follow, considering 2GD's Diabotical/Battlerite joint campaign with the kickstarter for the former including backer options to play with many other prominent esports personalities from literally every esport games that matters
people behind the scenes ARE aware of Battlerite, so even if Lirik's mouthbreathing fans leave, I believe the hype train might continue for a bit
at least I hope. I don't want it to die just like BLC

>the thing is he's gonna play it with shorty tomorrow,
no, hes doing wow raid and maybe forza/R6
everything else is right, I hope it gets big too

hope you guys all voted for it to be faster in the survey

I said its perfect

both times

SHIT WHAT SURVEY

FUCK

Open the client and click the box

Of course I did. They also need to do something about hitboxes, there's some weird shit going on with them.

You actually think e-sports and e-celebs will save this game? Just take Overwatch as an example, Blizzard tried to make it the biggest e-sport game ever and spent tons and tons of resources on that and making e-celebs shill the shit out of the game, but the game has no e-sport scene at all despite that.
If a company with at least 1000x more resources and marketing can not even succeed to make a game "e-sport" how do you think a SJW dev team from Sweden would be able to succeed with it?

And yes I know Overwatch is really popular but it's not at all because of the e-sport or competitive scene. While this games tries to be popular purely by being competitive/e-sport and tries to shill it with e-celebs.

when does it come out?

in exactly 14 hours from now EA will launch for 20 bucks
and they plan to release it at the end of this year in f2p

>they
Don't you mean we?

20 dollars is a bit much for a f2p game, welp looks like I'm not playing it

Looks like they've bumped it to q1 2017

twitter.com/Battlerite/status/777997354251190272

oh yes, sorry my fault

Jesus christ you're pathetic

devs please leave the thread

I get behind the idea that early access is for testing and you don't want people to play it that won't bother testing it but rather treat it as the final game, what I don't get is why I should play them to test their game.
Paying to get into a closed beta, makes no sense to me. Then again I guess devs have to do it nowadays so they can make sure they get people that are serious abot the game, like it happend with Planet Coaster.

yeah its especially stupid when they shove micro transactions down your throat when the game is 20 dollars

>paying to beta test a game

The EA is $20 and you get all characters have been or will be released, this won't be offered after release, or it will be priced higher.

Still don't like them kicking out beta testers if they're looking for feedback though.

>shove micro transactions down your throat
don't go overbaord here, i wouldnt call cosmetics that, if heroes would be locked behind money then yes, but they arent if you buy it for 20 bucks
you can buy it once and then never pay again.

>want to buy because possibly cool game
>the way it's worded it seems they will be selling characters later
>don't want to support this kind of shit

I wish they'd come forward and say what they plan to do

Yeah I'd really hope they aren't paywalling characters, but at this point I doubt they're going to change things.

That was one of the biggest reasons why BLC died; characters costing 17k ingame currency and players getting 20-30 per game or something ridiculous like that.

Jesus Christ it actually looks worse than WoW arenas

they said that all heores will be forever unlocked for EA buyers
they could be lying though
steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/568967047176899776

You should have seen BLC then

they're not lying. my point is that it's a really shitty business model and I don't want to support a game that plans to go p2w even if I wouldn't be personally affected

>Smash and Fighting Games sell characters
>Almost no backlash. People pay for them or learn how to beat them with the main chars and don't complain unless they are obtusely overpriced and/or overpowered

>Any other game
>Upheaval that an Indie F2P game needs to monetize something other than cosmetics
>Still able to unlock chars by playing the game

?

oh i get it now, yes i agree
I just hope it gets popular enough to last a few years

I don't think those two playerbases overlap at all, so it's natural they have different expectations

Anyone know exactly why bloodline champions failed?
was it funcom, lol competition, that payment model, too much esport focus, shit game?!

funcom and ZERO advertising

I actually heard of this game as opposed to having no idea what BLC is so I guess they did a better job on advertising

it's like rocket league and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!
youtube.com/watch?v=ChBBHO0wqgI

i really hope reckful plays this. i like his streams but i can't fucking stand to watch LoL, what a godawful game

Shit servers in every conceivable way. West half of NA was alienated because one single server was on the east coast, and I recall problems with the EU server but can't remember what they were. Funcom failures. Payment issues on release was perpetrated by Funcom, also the reason they got virtually 0 advertising. Riot pushed them out super hard from several events to give them 0 exposure. Not enough to bring in new players and keep them in since the tutorial was shit and majority of content, aka the tournament system, was aimed at veterans. Even the lowbie tournament bracket shit all over new players because you didn't have to validate an account to make a new one, so enjoy facing G20+ vets bored destroying the bronze tier tournament with triple harbinger or astronomer on those free weeks.

Lastly, I can never forget their terrible idea of "lets only balance our game 4 times a year" and thus unwittingly create a stale as fuck meta for 4+ months. Several characters were broken as fuck for a very long time, sometimes on release, sometimes not. As much as I love BLC, it failed for very good reasons.

>Take the best aspects of WoW arena, add in static heroes with a defined skill set, make every ability a skillshot even the heals, and then toss in some fighting game mechanics like EX's and cancel casts
so... smite?

did he say to add in creeps towers and all that stuff? no he didnt

I get you smite fans want your game to be big too, I feel for you

Not EITHER of them, but isn't SMITE the third most played/populated MOBA?

Pepe

you fucking aids stealth nazi