What is the best ARPG right now, and why is it pic related?

What is the best ARPG right now, and why is it pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Z9TTar9
youtube.com/watch?v=7goTjrHyauA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whatever Cred Forums you fucking suck

That's not Diablo 3

Took me forever to get into this game and understand a sustainable skill setup early game, but after I mastered the deep and intricate workings of spark and orb of storms, it was much easier to get into it.

Now I'm in love with it.

go on /vg/ shitcrow

It's not

Because it's the only one that didn't shit the bed like crazy.

Anymore.

because you're right

POE succs. No, really, it does.

That isn't Diablo 2.

That isn't quite Diablo 2 either, senpai.

WHAT FUCKING MOD IS THIS

after playing it for 5k hours i'm burned out af. its a good game but most design choices by the devs are shit, it went from hardcore, to casual in like 2 years.

yes i'm sure you've killed shaper so you're an expert and shit
kys

Netherworld Rises. You are supposed to play it with friends, but I decided to solo it. It was a very painful experience.

I honestly don't mind them speending things up. I'm fairly casual and I have two level 80+ characters already, less than three weeks into the league.

Can you maybe explain further and in more detail what choices you dislike?

>friends

MU2 is coming out so that one

Yes I am brazilian

yeah i got #2 in race season and did lv100 before it became babby mode easy im expert

all began with patch 1.3 where any rare item became good to use and you already could go easily self found in a game where you minmax your gear before through trades, add to that power creep with only releasing more powerful skills anytime, the devs actually not playing their game, reddit pandering to the max, even more powercreep with ascendancy or whatever, 4x increased drop rates on good uniques causing them to plummet in price and even more i cant think off right now. basically the game went from where it was a feat to have a lv90+ char to casul game where you can equip a char for 20chaos and then do literally any content you want without trouble if youre no full retard

cool so you didnt kill shaper
come back here with your criticism when you have a leg to stand on kiddo

:^)

You could always play one of those easy singleplayer mods instead if you don't want to have to grind for an eternity or find friends.

thx america

Yeah Diablo 3 is shit

fuck off i just ripped earlier at 62 and i'm trying to hate the game

i spent 5 hours playing today

kill me

why the fuck don't you have a currency tab

was no such thing when i still played actively

yeah, arguments n sheit

Wasn't this mod being made for like, almost a decade or some shit? I know back when I still played d2 I had been waiting for years and it kept getting delayed, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

>america

It is actually a Finnish mod.

I don't understand why people call D3 shit. Comparatively speaking, in a genre that has such complete garbage as Torchlight, Victor Vran, Van Hellsing and Sacred series D3 is godlike. D3 may not be the best game for everybody, but it sure is one of the top ARPGs with more or less compelling mechanics.

>youkai
you got me

Victor Vran is fucking great.

>leather belt

is it 4 str 4 stam?

How is this game compared to Grim Dawn?

Always online, emphasis on trading.

You'd need to be more specific. I can think of around ten different mods that could match that description.

>Actually liking "There's only 2-3 viable builds" the game with the shitties combat in an ARPG ever.
The game might have been fun if it was not for the shittiest combat in history.

we have a Cred Forums discord with lots of people who play PoE if anyone wants to join

discord.gg/Z9TTar9

By viable what do you mean? Viable to kill Shaper? That's the only way your statement is true, because 0 builds are viable to kill him, it takes a skilled player to survive that faggy danmaku bullshit. There are dozens of builds that can kill Uber Atziri and at least a few that can kill her before she is finished spawning. And most of the game's population never even gets to her.

what the fuck does that even mean? you realise combat is literally clicking the monsters in these games?

when it gets real advanced you move out of the way of something. woah.

>he isn't commanding an army of darkness
why are you playing the game the wrong way?

>Playing a game design for you to alt+f4 if shit gets tough.
10/10 game design right there.

If you look closely, you will see some zombies on my bar.

They don't deal damage though, they just hold guys in place for firestorm. But hats off to you zombie bro.

because i don't want to play as a girl

Good good, now show us things that actually matter, you know, Demigods and challenge rewards. All currency in the world won't help you kill shaper if you're shit at the game.

>SRS
>Summoner
nigga go zombies or spectres or skeletons, but you can't call SRS a summoner, at the very best it's a homing fireball launcher. That lich queen skeleton build is pretty decent, I watched the streaming of it while the guy was building it. Spectres are obviously also amazingly good especially with the new necromancer ascendancy node for +100% dmg/hp. Even zombie specific builds have been shown to be viable if you build specifically for them. If you want a real army, you use vaal summon skeletons anyway, it's got a general and different platoons and everything at high level.

It's not shit because of the combat, nor even because of the boss fights - It's shit for two very obvious reasons:

1. There is almost no 'randomness' to how the zones are created. After a while you know exactly where to go and what to do to find the next area.

2. There is NO FUCKING BUILDS / TALENTS! What the hell were they thinking there? That's so incredibly stupid, I don't even have words for it. Diablo 2 did it right. Even World of Warcraft has a decent talent system, or at least managed to approach something close to it during a few expansions. Diablo 3 is a joke, and is designed that way intentionally just to appeal to casual babies. Ruined the entire game.

eventually the spectres will be my main damage source, but i'm only on a 4-link right now and srs is better. haven't done merc lab yet, and i was using vaal ss but i don't have sockets for it now.

I'm playing Titan Quest right now.

It's pretty comfy, doing a Hunter/Warfare build.

i sold the demis to retards paying like 400ex for them^^

could be better

I think its extremely stupid not to respawn in softcore league when you die in hardcore, instead of respawning in standard, shit fucking sucks

What's the difference between Standard and Softcore? As far as I know it's the same shit.

because then you could keep playing your character and still have the new league stuff

respawning in standard is awful, I delete every single character

Is Torchlight 2 any good?

I enjoyed it for what it was. A more laid back experiencing.

It's pretty good, install the Synergies mod if you want a more brutal experience.

It's pretty boring and melee isn't viable in the harder difficulties. But for $5 I got a few hours out of it. Most of the randomly generated stuff that has a small chance to spawn is more fun the actual content.

its backwards, even compared to Diablo 2.

there are many worthless abilites, seemingly on purpose, and the entire game is just pumping 1 or 2 abilites and passives.

being reliant on potions and shit again as well, its like Diablo 2's slightly dumpier Hyper-techniocolor cousin.

>Melee isn't viable in the harder difficulties

Literally git gud and use those skills.

You played through the game on Normal didn't you?

>shitting on sacred
go fuck yourself, sacred 1 will forever be better than poe and d3

you're right about 2 though
i pretend 3 doesn't exist

Also Grim Dawn is great

Actually the boring ass loot ruined the entire game. Well that and the power creep

I played it on multiple difficulties, the core gameplay is at fault.

its a fun game, and it has cool things, but the drop rate of shit and the awful balancing of the game ruin it, seriously absolutely ruins the game.

certain abilites are simply far, far better in every way than anything else the class has, no contest, no reason to ever fixate on a numerically worthless ability.

To get currency in permanent leagues? Who the fuck play those.

>i've never played melee in elite the post

i always traded exalted on standard to new leagues.

didnt ggg said a big part of the userbase plays on standard league?

I really should go back to my summoner and actually fix her shit.

That's not Titan Quest

Summoner is so easy against bosses compared to Melee.

Standard is the normal way to play. Softcore is a league that reset after 3 months with a special rule.
Hardcore is also a special league that reset after 3 months with a special rule, different from softcore.

It's pretty much a "beta" for new content to be added in standard.

>There is NO FUCKING BUILDS
confirmed for having not played it

>^^
So this is the type of people who play path of exile. good god

That isn't grim dawn.

D3 has builds, but they are decided by the Set you choose. At best, you can maybe use 2 sets at the same time and mix and match the bonuses, but yeah. Compared to PoE, it's really limited

>Compared to PoE
There are so many noob-traps in PoE. You'll only make it so far making a build of your own.

what? germans?

Sure, but you can make it. If you want a Necromancer Archer who jump around, you can.

You can make it work. D3 is pretty much just an arcade game. You play, get the season rewards and then you can leave.

kill yourself retard

I tried TQ anniversary, felt too outdated after playing GD

you forgot the other reasons---
Tyrael is a nigger. Lore gets completely fucked. Cain gets killed of by some excuse of a Boss. Atmosphere is trash compared to D1+2
It literally ruined the series. As far as I am concerned, there is no D3.

I had a good time playing with friends, but yeah it's more of a game you play to relax and chat with some pals. Bonus points if you play on hardcore with perma death and Aggro every single mob and suicide run into your friends.

yea man, atmosphere, when the giant neon green rare mob comes blaring at me with his 3 elite teal and purple rare mob brothers.

so immersed

Oh yeah, tyrael being a black person is bad.

Go and watch the old FMVs again and tell me it gives you the same vibes as those new cheesy ones Blizzards shit out on Starcraft and Diablo3
youtube.com/watch?v=7goTjrHyauA

sure, however, INGAME its a technicolor mess.

great game.

but Diablo 3 is equally great in the actual combat department, and supercedes it because it isn't fundementally broken and unbalanced.

>Tyrael is a nigger

Look he's a nigger.

What game?

Diablo 3.

Road of Outcasts

>online only
>p2w inventory and trade
>poor performance
>4 acts 3 times if you want to make a new character
>spam the same 6link skill over and over

>Online only

Also F2P and features an in-game economy between all the players

>p2w inventory and trade

Except they're not, don't hoard useless items

>poor performance

It's actually very well optimized

>4 acts 3 times if you want to make a new character

After the first time you should be able to rush through the game without any problems, I can literally catch up with a new character in one week (Taking into account college, gym and hangouts).

>spam the same 6link skill over and over

Don't make bad builds.

>well optimized
>last patch finally stopped my game from randomly crashing after loading an instance
Ehh

how long is this Labyrinth? I alt-tabbed and died like a dingus after beating the first boss in here

>Games have bugs

M8 even WoW has it's fair share of bugs after 10 years of patching and like five expansions.

It's one of the reasons games like PoE, TF2 or Dota are updated daily.