Why no Strikers?

Why no Strikers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKBuNTzPK-I
youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because pic related

Because Mario is supposed to be happy and upbeat forever, apparently. Not to mention they wouldn't go through the effort for a game that's that visually busy on a handheld

Is this an ant thread?

Strikers was edgy, jarring, unfitting garbage that only looks good in hindsight because we haven't gotten one in years.

The west shouldnt be allowed to touch Mario, ever.

Next Level Games was too busy I guess?

It's ridiculous because literally all of the other sports EXCEPT soccer play exactly like their "full games" do. Mario Golf/Mario Tennis/Mario Baseball etc.

Soccer is the only one that is nothing like its counterpart. Strikers is dead.

Why the fuck does yoshi look so pissed, it's just golf lmao

Better question is: Why no Mario Hoops?

Because the "gritty" aesthetic doesn't vibe with what Nintendo wants from Mario anymore nor is it the general "in" look for kids media these days.

As for gameplay wise, who knows. Next Level probably didn't get brought on because their general "gamefeel" clashes a ton with basically everything else to come out of Nintendo.

>Edgy
Ok, now i am conviced tgat word has lost all meaning.

Why is the game even a thing
Golf is already on 3ds, same with tennis. Soccer and baseball are already established mario sports games, so they're gonna be lackluster compared to the full versions because they're not full games. And then they include something NOBODY wanted, fucking horses.
Nintendo is beyond fucking stupid now, holy shit.

Because recent "full" Mario sports games have been slammed by reviewers for being full price yet only having "one sport" and "no content".

Yeah but thats because they're bad at it. They are shallow. If they were like MK and had lods of content, or were like the old Camelot mario golf/tennis that had rpg elements and all that, they'd get higher reviews.

Mario Kart is technically not a sports game, and it's by EAD themselves, not outsourced. Kart is basically treated development-wise as if it were mainline Mario at this point.

the recent golf game had a lot of content

why didnt they bring out mario strikes charged? i played that shit like at least 3 months straight on the wii shit had online

Because it got released on virtual console last week :^)

Shit man that game was pretty dope.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKBuNTzPK-I

really?

Yeah.

>yfw when strikers is considered "edgy" because nintendidiots are unfamiliar with anything thats just badass

How the hell is a Mario football game "edgy"?

Well, i don't have any of those sport games and this is 5 in one, a win for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s
Like this.

>We'll never get to see Rosalina in the Strikers art style

Yes he's soooo happy here

Recent big tennis fan here.

Is Mario tennis Open a good game on itself or should I wait this game out and enjoy other sports even tho I only really care about tennis?

I really like the look of this game. I just wish it was on the Wii U.

If the Wii U just hadn't under performed so badly, do you think they would have made a version for the Wii U?
I like my 3DS a lot and everything, but the Wii U is still an instant party machine. It's great for local multiplayer. Meanwhile playing local multiplayer on a 3DS is a chore. Not only does everyone have to have the dedicated hardware, they have to have it on them too. Even if the game supports download play, and if not then it's even worse off.

Superstars and Star Rush should have been Wii U games!

Tennis Open and Ultra Smash were bleh, Mario Tennis has been downhill lately, just wait for this.

>Local multiplayer
>On 2016

>local multiplayer games
>on systems that aren't local multiplayer friendly
I get that local multiplayer is pretty niche nowadays. But that doesn't make the above to make any more sense.

Luigi for GOAT theme

I'm genuinely excited for this. It's hard to justify $40 for individual Mario sports games. I hope they only make comps on the future.

fucking this.

Mario sports games used to be deep story driven levelling based customisable RPG stories. Then they became shallow as shit sims, and then people stopped buying them so they decided the problem was not enough variety so they added more sports but they're keeping them all just as fucking shallow?

christ, but at least when this crashes and fucking burns they might finally make a game a little more like the camelot classics and we'll have a decent sorts sim again. Even Mario sluggers was better than this party collection bullshit.

If anything needs a dose of edgy, it's the sterile and soulless thing Mario series has become.

That was nintendo fault, don't blame level 5 for that