Samurai games

ITT: Post games where you can roleplay as a samurai.It can be stuff like way of the samurai or just dark souls and making a character with a katana

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXskoxUzxLc
youtube.com/watch?v=UvcwFaI6jU4
youtube.com/watch?v=-OTnc2Pfy9w
youtube.com/watch?v=g8_UjFFpD_c
youtube.com/watch?v=DOuoSY-BaMo
youtube.com/watch?v=OrRUozKDFNw
china.org.cn/china/2015-04/16/content_35340767.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=98ahvjhlxcM'
youtube.com/watch?v=6WH7bnNkyds
youtube.com/watch?v=SP3-pKXBYGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u8MAffEwRlk
youtube.com/watch?v=rXBMVD1zbis
youtube.com/watch?v=VIqb2Zp4xLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Samurai Warriors

Nioh

Way of the Samurai

Yakuza: Ishin

Not available in english, but theres a fan full translation of all of the content including the side quests, and shit.

Baldur's Gate 2

>not also mentioning Kenzan

i wish this was just a samurai game, the bright lights, elemental powers, spirits and bling blings turn me off

Is that vagabond?

Kenzan was shit, fuck you you double nigger.

Onimusha, Soul Calibur, Samurai Showdown, Last Blade, Rurouni Kenshin games and Yakuza Ishin localization never

Can someone conceive a rational reason why there isn't a vagabond game yet?
>being miyamoto fucking musashi
>walking all over feudal japan to become THE STRONK samurai
>comfy roads
>tactical duels
>art design by Takehiko Inoue
I would pay a shit load of money for that

Fuck you it counts

>No Vagabond game

sure, the demons are cool but the excessive lights and shit are silly

Because it isn't popular enough

Because if it looks like shit people will bash the devs for it.

And it will always look like shit compared to the manga, same reason why there's no Anime.

>tfw have the physical volumes of the manga
>all those grorious pages with 1000 times folded background details
I seriously don't know how the author does it.Nigger needs to get out of hiatus asap

Those enemies are actually easier after they get big.

THE WAY OF THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN

I disagree with you. I respect your opinion, but not the way you conveyed it.

I concur.
All this needlessly shiny stuff clashes with the aesthetic of the game.

>Vagabond
>Not popular

Why do Samurai and Old West thematics seem to fit so well together?

ok, youre just being picky now

Is the translation enough to enjoy the whole game?
I can't read moonrunes at all but can understand some things.

It's not SnK levels of popular, which is pretty much what you'd need to garuantee a functional game

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXskoxUzxLc

not gonna lie,a realistic approach would also pull me in more towards the game but:fantasy settings sells more than realistic and all the enemies are correct to the folklore of the setting

>tfw too casual to get gud at Total War games

This shit

What game? New berserk? Can't tell with how dark that webm is

If we're talking pure comfy, Way of the Samurai 1-3. 4 is too westernized to be comfy. 3 I'd say is the comfiest just because it has the most countryside-y setting.

>tfw spend the night patrolling the village and town, meeting spear-waifu on the bridge, battling creepy monks in a back alley and petting the local shiba inu

youtube.com/watch?v=UvcwFaI6jU4

>t's not SnK levels of popular

Vagabond: 82 millions
SnK: 60

OnimuSouls: Gaiden of the Samurai

Just camp on a hill or in the corner of the map and you'll be fine

no its nioh

Even Berserk has a game you retarded fuck.

And Vagabond IS more popular than SNK, Inoue just never releases a fucking chapter

>It's another Nioh spammer thread

What's his name again?

It does looks like it will be the best action game since Bayonetta 2. Soulsdrone detected.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGANDANTESSSSSSSSS

do you guys think nioh would be better aesthetically with okami graphics?

>play overwatch
>pick genji
>enjoy the screaming japanese as you chop gaijins

Fuck off retard this is not a Nioh thread

either that or full gritty/realistic

this mixed thing they have going on is kinda weird

kys

Because they're basically the same thing

RO2: Rising Storm.

How Samurai are you? Are you Samurai enough to beat filthy gaijins with automatic weapons?

THANK YOUUUU FOR STAAAAAYYYINNNNG!

youtube.com/watch?v=-OTnc2Pfy9w

Explain further

What's wrong with you, user? Who talks like that?

Mah nigga

The samurai class was abolished during Meiji era though

i prefer this

youtube.com/watch?v=g8_UjFFpD_c

TAKE A SUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=DOuoSY-BaMo

I'd like to start my way in that series. Something a beginner should know beforehand?

>YO HO HO YO HO

Is this a Japanese pirate song?

youtube.com/watch?v=OrRUozKDFNw

lol

Keep dreaming. They just merely changed titles. The Samurai families still rule Japan to this day.

china.org.cn/china/2015-04/16/content_35340767.htm

Duelling in the streets, lonesome badass, same kind of atmosphere.

>china.org

Has Vagabond started up again? Or is it still on hiatus? Being a fan of both Vagabond and Berserk is suffering.

Also, you get a katana and robes in the first 10 minutes of Oblivion, so you can roleplay a wandering sword if you want

All the games are standalone but some have more features than others or mechanics that were changed or replaced. I started with 2, myself.

I recommend 2 or 3. For beginner tips I'd say start on Easy for a playthrough or 2 just to get the hang of the combat. The game is meant to be replayed a ton, there's loads of branching story paths and it's essentially like a "build your own samurai adventure" pop-up book where you can leave the setting at any time to restart. Store any shit you don't want to lug around in your safes at home cause if you die you tend to lose what you're carrying save for your equipped weapon (and weapon collecting is a big part of the game).

Really, that's all you need to know to start off. Take it easy and explore, fuck around. There's plenty of unlockables that you earn by points you get when you finish the game or leave, depending on your Samurai Rank. The game really encourages pick-up-and-play while also supporting binge playing for like 12 hours straight.

Have fun user, prepare for comfy.

Samurai are japanese cowboys.

Instead of six shooters, they used glorious nippon steel.

I droppped vagabond after musashi walked away from that love interested he had after she asked him to stay, at this point I dont remember shit other than it was cool as hell. How much more did I have till I caught up? I know it has berserk-toer hiatuses sometimes, still I remember that deaf dude being cool

Alright, thanks.

It's been a while since I took a break to let more chapters build up. The deaf dude is Kojiro, so you're past that arc. Afterwards it's just a shit ton of manly samurai fights, and I stopped right after finishing the farming arc.

This is right at the fucking begining

>recommending WotS2
shit is bohemian rhapsody tier, only play it after 1,3, and 4 for the true effect.
youtube.com/watch?v=98ahvjhlxcM'

Start with either 1 or 3

>not trusting chinese hatred info on the japs
lmao

no its not I remember getting or hell even being around chapter 300

kek

Oh god my sides. It's been too long since I played it.

you're welcome, though now that I think about it, 2 is best for balls-out retarded comedy. 3 is for full comfy and genuine samurai-ness due to the time period.

What about 1 and 4?

>completely ignore everything
>go to the fair at the end
>the game didnt end there for some reason, which was a first for me
>for some reason, the yakuza love me now, and the police and the townspeople hate me
>also, ninjas keep snapping my neck
this game was convoluted
i tried getting in to 4 and had the same problem. i only got one ending after trying multiple times where i become a lobster

1 is pretty nice but it's fairly dated for obvious reasons. I'd say its worth a playthrough for posterity though.

4 is... meh. I personally don't like it. There's too much grinding involved and the setting is very westernized, being set in a mixed colony of westerners and the japanese. If you're looking for pure samurai stuff, 4's setting will rub you the wrong way.

I found 2 to be much better than 3 and 4.

I still haven't played Onimusha 2 and Dawn of dreams, hope I can find some working copies someday.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WH7bnNkyds
youtube.com/watch?v=SP3-pKXBYGQ

Might as well mention Genji: Dawn of the Samurai while I'm at it. Pretty cool visuals and decent music from what I remember, but I thought the game was a bit on the short side, also expected a bit more from the combat system.

youtube.com/watch?v=u8MAffEwRlk
youtube.com/watch?v=rXBMVD1zbis

Genji was great but short indeed.

I tried playing my physical copy of Onimusha 2 on my PC but it ran very slow, on a related note Shadow of Rome's audio was fucked. I guess there's something about Onimusha's engine/coding that won't emulate well.

You're right in the first Genji being really short, I remember getting it on release day as a teenager and pretty much beating it in an afternoon. That said, the Onimushas weren't particularly long either.

I know Game Republic disbanded years ago and Okamoto's been trapped in mobile Hell since Folklore underperformed (;_;) almost a decade ago, but I wonder if Sony would ever give the Genji IP another chance if Nioh ends up selling well? Give it to Japan Studio or something, I'm sure they could whip up a decent one.

youtube.com/watch?v=VIqb2Zp4xLM

>Folklore
I really enjoyed that game.

We need a vagabond game it is the game we deserve.

It's such a shame it didn't do so great, it was really quite a unique and charming game. Especially since the PS3 didn't have a particularly remarkable library at that stage.

Looking back, it was probably the first good RPG the PS3 got, wasn't it?

Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven are the same movie.