>localization took over six months
>charges extra for the localization

Please stop buying atlus games

Other urls found in this thread:

atlus.com/smtiv-faux-pas-calypse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot link:

atlus.com/smtiv-faux-pas-calypse/

Atlus has a long history of missing text like this, going so far back as Ogre Battle 64.

I have preordered SMTIV: Apocalypse and will enjoy it, and there's nothing you can do about it except give weak-ass excuses for your peasantfag ways while no one cares.

They missed the fact only people that purate the game could have notice the error before the actual game release? Why they have to say sorry to people that didn't even pay for the game?

>talking about fixing their error

When has that ever happened?

Please stop buying NISA games.

They only said that to make them look good. Of course they aren't going to. Talking about fixing it also includes talking about not fixing it.

Stores could also release the game early.

do I have to play smtiv to understand this? I'll get to it eventually I just wanna play Apocalypse while my friends are

No, stop being a faggot.

Stull, a simple patch can fix it, hell, loads of games get fix patches as soon they come up, why bitch for this case?

You could do it but I wouldn't recommend doing so, it is a direct sequel after all.

Stop buying ATLUS games they're as bad as NISA at this point
>Delay games for months because shit translation that ends up shit and with dubs
>No dual audio
>Indulge themselves in consolewar faggotry by badmouthing PC in hopes to get more sheckles out of big daddy Sony

is EO the only series ATLUS USA has done good localizations of?

You're acting like they haven't been doing this for years.

does nintendo charge for patches or something?

>Indulge themselves in consolewar faggotry by badmouthing PC in hopes to get more sheckles out of big daddy Sony
That's a good enough reason to buy, fuck Valve for mishandling Steam and not making games.

They tried with Radiant Historia, Dungeon Travelers 2 and some of the mainline purseoner games, but they're nearly NISA tier by now.

>playing persona weebshit
>not knowing how to speak weeb
get out, poser

>We never realized that there was a specific set of circumstances for the text to appear in-game, and so it never got localized.

???

What does this mean? Do they not have access to the script in some way? If, for example, there exists some easter egg that hasn't been discovered where someone has a different line if you do something odd, would these localizers have no way to knowing that it exists?

How make video game?

>Anyhow, just like in SMTIV, partners can get attacked and knocked out. In this particular battle, partners will return after 3 turns, and the errant Japanese text only shows up if you get to a point where the boss gives you a dialogue option WHILE your partner is KO’d.
>a relatively rare set of circumstances that will lead players to encounter the aberrant text, and hopefully won’t even be discovered by the vast majority of players.

I don't know what this battle entails, but a 3-turn window in which a party member is knocked out sounds pretty fucking likely to happen in an SMT game

What?

Steam Greenlight was a mistake, give us HL3.

Oh, I thought something happened with Atlus and Steam I didn't know about, instead it turns out that you were in fact spouting some irrelevant bullshit

First of all, Valve != PC Gaming. Their are better alternatives out there. Secondly, Valve's lack of quality control is a pretty minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, seeing as steam reviews end up sinking shovelware out of site, and it isn't all that hard to avoid buying shit.

You're just petty.

>current year
>not pirating videogames
fucking disgusting

I dont understand what the error in that picture is.

Why can't they just release an update to fix it?

In the english translation, they accidentally left (what I assume to be) an important decision untranslated.

Look at the bright side, at least it's not #FE.

Look at the bottom screen.

No point putting extra effort into translations, when they realize they're not really threatened by the competition. 8-4 and a few independent translation companies might try to cut in on their turf, but Atlus still has unique series to fall back on, and same deal with NISA.

Huh. Well that is pretty fucked.

I've noticed that whenever criticism of Atlus USA comes up that the most common defense is 'well they are a small company!'

Which doesn't make sense. There are numerous other smaller niche publishers that offer way more than they do (like dual audio or japanese audio) and fuck up far less.

>No point putting extra effort into translations, when they realize they're going to be censoring them anyway under the guise of "THE MEAN ESRB SAID SO!"

ftfy.

Why are they saying they can't fix it anytime soon?
Can't they just do a day one patch?

〉フリンに呼びかける
〉ヴィシュヌフリンを攻撃する
There you go, OP. Run it through google translate like the filthy pleb you are.

You think Atlus gives a fuck about it's customers?

Quit dreaming.

They don't localize every line in the script, only the ones that are actually in the game.
I don't really know why they would do it that way. Probably lots of games with unused lines and shit is my guess.

I bought the game and I'm still going to enjoy it.

Does it make you mad? Are you fuming at your keyboard because someone is having fun and you aren't? Poor little baby.

If you hate the localization so much then why don't you learn Japanese?
Then again, that would take effort and time. You're dedicated to shitposting about why your feelings are hurt by a company whose target audience is just the Japanese.

No. You're "stuck" with the English release just like most everyone else on this board. Your precious dual audio will never happen. And why should it? Japanese voice acting is equally obnoxious. But you're too much of a rabid weeaboo to admit it.

You justify pirating a copy because of your hurt feelings. Stealing from the very same company you praise just because their local branch didn't do everything you wanted makes you a hypocrite. You don't care or want to support anyone, you're just a child that didn't get his way.

Enjoy feverishly typing a response and raising your blood pressure over what a stranger tells you over the internet. I'll be playing the localized copies of DQ7 and SMT4A and having fun.

>I don't really know why they would do it that way.

Because it's Atlus.

>If you hate the localization so much then why don't you learn Japanese?

>OP doesn't know Japanese
>Buys english version
>It has untranslated text
>It's OPs fault

??

Not that I'm aware of. Nintendo does however qa them itself before agreeing to releasing them. At least that was a case I saw with ASRT on Wii U.

I don't understand why people are mad about dual audio when the game already has an undub

Text that can be patched any time

At what point did you come to a big fork in the road where reality took a left and you hung a sharp right?

The really funny thing is you're actually being more helpful than Atlus. You're being insulting but at least you offered a way to try to solve the problem, even if it isn't perfect. Atlus didn't do that, they just went straight to excuses.

I guess they want to pay for it maybe.

>call to flynn
>attack flynn
there, now stop whining

>see an autistic as fuck post
>search the archive real quick to see what copypasta it originated from
>it's original

Jesus christ dude.

Atlus said they won't do it anytime soon, though. Pretty sure Atlus is the fucker in this situation.

>フリンに呼びかける
フリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかけるフリンに呼びかける]フリンに呼びかける

Once the thread ends the whining will return.

Did you even read what ATLUS guys said?
>We’ve discussed internally about the possibility of correcting it, and while fixing it is not off the table yet, if it does happen, it won’t be in a timely manner.

And

>xD we're too good at this game so we didn't get the line that happens when your partner dies

Is this also why I crashed when I tried running away from a battle that one time?

Nothing is preventing you from doing both

Is this copypasta? If it isn't, then it probably should be.

>I don't really know why they would do it that way
Because Japanese is practically impossible to translate without the full context of the situation.

I'm going for making a good pasta. Was it convincing?

I thought the Japanese VA part was pretty good.

嘘だ!

>I was just pretending to be retarded

The biggest flaw would be naming games, since that ages the pasta. The navy seal one works even today since nothing was relevant with its time period. And

>Rushing out Apocalypse to work on Persona 5
Its not fair

Pearsona is going to have a worse translation desu.

>5 months
>Rushing

P5 will have errors too

Everyone on the internet is. What else is new?

>Senpaaaaaaaai

>Buying and SMT games
>Ever
You only have yourself to blame, it is by far Atlus worst series. Etrian Odyssey fucking blows it out the water.

And it will be on consoles that's can get patched easily and yet they still won't do it.

>Apocalypse STILL ends up better than Cucksona 5

>all that damage control

Cringe

This shit is the status fucking quo for Atlus. I'm sure there's at least one untranslated line in every SMT game they've released recently. I personally saw one in Soul Hackers and DeSu. At least they are recognizing it and fixing it.

>saying smt is shit in an smt thread
(you) must really be desperate

>lol our qa testers were just too good

Seriously what the fuck is this?A good qa tester isnt one that is good at games, but one that searches for every possibility and scenario
Your QA testers are fucking shit atlus

>they are recognizing it and fixing it.

Except they literally said they're not going to fix it and instead work on P5?

>every SMT IV A thread is nothing but shitposting about a localization error and a bad review from an SJW

You always claim that loacalizers don't translate well. Now you get its original meaning.

It fucking sucks. DQ7 is the same because muh accents/muh OST/muh something or other.

I just wanted to talk about the RPG's we got this month.

It's because the game is actually good and no one on Cred Forums knows how to have a positive discussion.

They were saying that their QA testers are good at video games user.

>We’ve discussed internally about the possibility of correcting it, and while fixing it is not off the table yet, if it does happen, it won’t be in a timely manner.

What? Nigga its on the 3DS just fix it and load it up in a day one patch. It would take like 5 seconds.

I know thats my point, they arent supposed to be good at games they are supposed to be good at QA testing.

Who gives a fuck about this game? You press an option in the menu, watch a low res jpg shake around a little, and theres low quality speakers blaring out cheap tinny music. The story? Youre the last survivor in tokyo again, go stop the demons. Why would anyone actually pay money for this, and its from fucking atlus of all companies?

Can you imagine a world where everybody knows Japanese?

>huriso ni(hoy)bi kakeru
>buishiyunuhun (hoyhoyhoy) suru
I can't learn japanese

There are enough pretentious faggots already

>What does this mean? Do they not have access to the script in some way? If, for example, there exists some easter egg that hasn't been discovered where someone has a different line if you do something odd, would these localizers have no way to knowing that it exists?

Essentially these kinds of games have a TON of unused shit that's left in the files. Sometimes its turned into DLC sometimes its never mentioned again. Its why data mining is so popular finding all the shit that made it far enough to be in the files but not the game.

Translators being the cheap shits they are translate the bare minimum and rush it out the door. They get paid per game not hourly. So they try to do as little as possible to make the most profit.

In this instance they just assumed that dialog was not in the game and shipped it out the door.

Can the 3ds, being the potato it is, not handle patches? seriously?

Tons of 3DS games have updates/patches
Atlus is lazy

There's a general on that disagrees. Try it user

>practicing japanese with 4channers

Please dont do that to yourself.

>Oh they apologized, how cool and humble of them :)
Wow people will just eat this shit up huh.

Thats weird it sounds so cheap to do. Its sad how atlus quality has fallen over the years. Trying to think of their last great game. Catherine? p4 arena? I hope cucksona 5 isnt fucked up to much

ン is n, not so
So would be ソ
フリン furin/flynn
ウ with the dakuten is a vu sound, フ with dakuten (ブ) is bu

Is it a bad way to learn? I just started memorizing the kana, but had planned on trying to use their general once I'm further along

>lol our qa testers were just too good

I hated that. Just fuckin' own up to it.
They miss lines all the time. I remember one in devil survivor.

But why would you do that? Unless you need interaction with other weebs for some reason.
Just consume a healthy variety of JP media along with your studies and you will get there.
Any interactions with weebs that think they know the language can only be negative, why risk learning something that is wrong? Not just meaning which is easy but usage etc

>P4
>Great
pick one

3DS games get patches all the time. This is Atlus going "Well we COULD fix it but nah maybe if the game gets future DLC"

Australia release when?

ンソ

Like I can tell these two apart when they are right next to each other but in a body of text? How the fuck do you know the difference?

because its obvious as shit
are you blind?

Q4 2016 is the last I've heard

in so the little dash is more vertical

Nme ONE game ATLUS USA has competently handled RIGHT NOW

God damn look at this. That's some anti communist shit built right into the language.

SMT IV

In this case you can guess pretty easily just because Furiso sounds stupid. Furin sounds more like a name.

Well they did a good job with the EO games I think.

Not him but "sounds stupid" never stops the japs

>Nme ONE game ATLUS USA has competently handled RIGHT NOW
Odin Sphere Leifdrasir, that's the only one that comes to mind.

It says Bukkake on Flynn

Maybe even more when you consider the series's lead editor is at Nintendo now

If this change means the end of honorifics Im ok with it

Is this a 3d cg freddy?

>we don't know if fixing it is feasible

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cant they just change the text and then send out an update? How is literally any other game fixed nowadays?

they actually did pretty good with the EO games, mostly because there's not much to fuck up in them. i'm still waiting for the EOV localization announcement though

Thanks for the help master.
Apparently writing is harder than listening to weeb games.

>WAAAAHHH STOP CENSORING MY GAMEU
>WAAAAHHH STOP GIVING ME THE RAW JAPANESE EXPERIENCE. MAKE IT MORE AMERICAN FOR ME
Make up your minds. Geez

They have moved on to P5 and going back to this and make a patch and shit will not make them any money, the whole provess is quite a few man hours and they dont want to work for free
Thats all there is to it.

>tfw you were really hyped about the game but massive spoilers were all over the front page of Cred Forums as soon as the game came out in japan

I won't be able to enjoy a game's story ever again... will I?

They dont want to pay a guy for the 30 minutes it would take. This is them basically saying they will do it if the game gets more DLC but if not than fuck it they wont bother.

>No dual audio

Neither of these are bad, but I agree with you on your first reason.

They would have to send it back to Atlus and then make sure it doesn't introduce any other problem.

Nigga I dont know SHIT about the game and I'm in every SMT thread I see. Its about filtering out what you dont want to see. It the thread is a hot bed just avoid it.

changing a line of text would not cause any other problems with the rest of the game unless the atlus coders are literally mentally retarded

You can if you learn Japanese and avoid Cred Forums after games come out.

Im afraid not. I had persona 5 and 4a spoiled for me in the last week. Usually im good about leaving when a new game is coming out but i just had nothing else to do this year. If i get danganronpa 3 spoiled for me im going to get myself perma banned and filter Cred Forums for life. No shithead here is going to ruin that ones story and deaths for me

It's not even as simple as learning japanese

I would have to import a jap 3ds and then also import any game that I want to play

can't they just patch it? or does 3DS not do patches?

Video game code is pretty fucking terrible

I don't have anything else to do either. Cred Forums is my only social life

It's not even like i'm in SMT threads. I avoid them when the games come out. But assholes LOVE to spam the front page with spoilers and also shove them randomly into unrelated threads too

You don't understand how code works if you think just changing that line of text would fuck up the game

I don't, I just want to play untranslated Goemon/Yakuza games. Thanks for the feedback, makes sense

They can, but they're busy with other stuff and they'd have to wait for the devs in Japan to do implement it anyway

My autism can't be fixed.

>atlus.com/smtiv-faux-pas-calypse/
>Whoever wrote this is a complete jackass. They compliment the people who let this mistake slide and outright shrug off the possibility of fixing it in a simple patch. It'd take less than a whole day to fix the text and have it in an update, but you guys are too incompetent and laugh it off as a joke rather than give a shit about your audience. All because the people who actually make the Megami Tensei games in Japan are basically making money for you lazy fucks.
>Fan translators have done so much better work than all of your teams in the past decade because they're actually more passionate about the games you profit off of. You try and cover your mistakes by hiring Liam O'Brian or Matt Mercer to compensate for the lackluster and botched translations.
>I couldn't give a shit if this message doesn't even make it past the keyboard jockey forced to read this message. I want at least one of you at Atlus USA to know that the translators and the QA team have failed at their jobs yet again.

Still better than the Soul Hackers crashing text

Yeah thats true. I have no excuse though since its election year and i usually spend these years mainly on pol. It really is true though...unless you find a direct upgrade to use your time with, youre stuck here forever. When i had a fwb long ago, i came on Cred Forums maybe once a month for a few hours. I hope gears 4 and final fantasy can keep me off for a few months

>we’re going to look into being able to fix it, but we don’t know if it’s feasible
It's FUCKING TEXT

What is there that could possibly be infeasible about it?

so... fixed version for european release?

Translating companies get paid by game not by how long it takes. Once the deadline hits they are already working on the next game.

Yes they could pay their employee for the 30 minutes it would take but that's 30 minutes hes not working on the next game and meeting the next dead line.

No fixed version if the game gets more DLC they need to translate.

>european release
Good one

>My autism can't be fixed.
No it cannot