Holy fuck

Holy fuck.

I know I'm 3 years late but what a wild fucking ride. This game is a fucking masterpiece. I just beat it today and then I jumped right back in on hard mode. There are no bad sections in this game, just non-stop action and I love it.

I especially love it when during a boss fight the music kicks when you get them down a certain amount. There is so much polish and heart put into this... I can't stop talking about it to my friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-b-7tP7IW5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DpbB14fr_gI
devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Stinger
devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Royalguard_Style
youtube.com/watch?v=WnhYaDs4zvw
youtube.com/watch?v=-yIHyJ4Zgl0
youtube.com/watch?v=6ieAboupgwM
youtube.com/watch?v=ouFp-orNlmU
youtube.com/watch?v=DFsqk_AzJgU
youtube.com/watch?v=qb1h_rgY380
youtube.com/watch?v=eJ8E76DIYto
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah it's pretty kino

Yeah, it's pretty fucking awesome.

I got four friends of mine into Metal Gear by showing them MGR.

I've never actually played a proper Metal Gear game. I just picked this up because it was a cool looking action game. Is there any Metal Gear game that is good as Rising? I don't know if the slow-paced stealth gameplay will do it for me, although I have also played and enjoyed Dishonoured and Deus Ex: HR.

The gameplay put me to sleep, but the polish, characters, designs and story were great to me. The music is praised a lot, but it sounds like the kind of music all the mid-western wrestling fans I was friends with listened to. All I can imagine when I hear that music is some kid who wears cargo shorts and watches wrasslin' and anime.

I think you'd like MGSV. It plays a lot differently than the other MGS games and can pretty much be played as a straight up action game in most cases.

>I've never actually played a proper Metal Gear game. I just picked this up because it was a cool looking action game.

Same about me and all my friends. I tried MGR and loved it, and then saw Ground Zeroes on a sale for $4.99. I bought it, fucking loved it and played all the Metal Gear games before playing MGSV.

All Metal Gear games are pretty good, user. You should try Ground Zeroes. If you like it, play all the previous games.

>Recommending MGSV after MGR
Holy shit from a gameplay perspective that's solid advice but if he ever decides to play the rest of the series that's one wacky fucking order.

it's shallow button mashing garbage that appeals to edgy faggots who listen to metal music and complain about being born in the wrong generation

>that release day hype with Metal Gear RAY as the first fucking thing
>everything put to RULES OF NATURE for the next month

MGR was my first metal gear game, i went on to play all the other MG games in release order and was astounded at how i missed such a good series

Very true. That order is fucked. I only recommended it because he hadn't played the other MGS games. Based on how he loved MGR, and what he said about being unsure about the stealth aspects, I figured MGSV would make the most sense. The other games, while I do love them, have a lot of interruptions to gameplay.

>it's shallow button mashing garbage
Every game is if you play it that way. Webm related.

>edgy faggots who listen to metal music and complain about being born in the wrong generation
I'd say it's literally the opposite, it's for memeloving kids who like le epik campy stuff like oversized mechs and metal x edm in the background

Let's say I started with MGS1 instead... How outdated is the gameplay compared to modern stealth games? I might be able to start with Snake Eater on an emulator but going all the way back to PS1 may be too much.

same

MGS1 is cool. Graphics don't feel aged, story's good and gameplay feels like a cool phone/indie game.

It would be easier to play MGS1 first, going back to it after 2/3 will take some getting used to because of how the camera works and the way Snake moves in 1.

MGS1 is a great game though, not too long either.

The stealth aspects of this game are so cool, I like how it's based more on player skill than mechanics and hand-holding. You can play the entire game without worrying about the enemy F.O.V.'s, but when you do, the entire system becomes brand new.

Solid, solid game.

Its not even a good hack n slash

Why faggot

God I wish I could've been here for that.

Platinum became my favorite studio in record time after I played W101 followed by Bayonetta and MGR. I'm really excited for NIER, I need to go play the first one before it launches.

Spot the shitter who couldn't get past Blade Wolf

Are DmC:Dobil may Croi faggots still upset this blew their trash reboot out of the water?

Monsoon best boss fight.

It blows the entire DMC series out of the water.

Wrong.

I enjoyed the campy over-the-top action that was MGR, but it gets way more praise than it deserves. This is one of those games that makes me cautious to listen to Cred Forums.

Fun? Sure.
A masterpiece? mfw

>recommending V at all
GZ, sure. TPP is just a massive disappointment.

It's a masterpiece in the same way that an 80s terminator action movie is. Cheesy as hell but non-stop fun that makes you go "fuck yeah".

>it gets way more praise than it deserves

Nah, it gets way more hate than it deserves.

>enjoying it for campy over the top action

One way to spot a pleb.

Aside from tedious mechanics, that was all it had going for it.

i understand what youre saying, its clearly lacking some features and maybe it has a little lack of polish
i wouldnt give it a 5/5 but its still in my tp 3 games of all time

Fucking casual plebs. Playing this shit on easy is a crime.

>i wouldnt give it a 5/5 but its still in my tp 3 games of all time

?

>default body you start with is missing parts
>full MGS4 body is dlc
At least it's cheap.

>i wouldnt give it a 5/5 but its still in my tp 3 games of all time
Do you play exclusively shit games or what? I can think of at least a dozen of my favorite games I'd rank 10/10

SPOILER: you can enjoy games that aren't perfect.
im playing MGR right now and play just about every couple of days simply because i enjoy the gameplay namely the Zandatsu aspect
that doesnt mean i dont see the lack of polish and shortcomings in the characters/story/unlocks department

>MGR
>Top 3 games of all time

Holy shit this games fanbase is awful

No game is perfect dude. 5/5 isn't rating perfection.

>Implying you weren't here for that
Jesus fuck how new are you?

>STOP ENJOYING THINGS!!!

I never had a bigger adrenaline boner than when I slashed Ray's arm in the first encounter agaist it

all those year seeing the RULESOFNATURE meme and not really knowing what it was all about paid off

Sure is to bad every Metal Gear fagboy won't let go of there boner for Snake and just keep bitching that its not a MGS game when it was directly announced it wasn't going to be one but a spin off and people for some reason hate it.

Its not perfect by all means it has a bad story, short and combos are almost non existent but its still fun as fuck because its very very fast and satisfying.

this guy gets it

I went from mgr to the rest of the series, starting with mgs 1, then mgs 2, etc. I liked it

>it has a bad story, short and combos are almost non existent
>people for some reason hate it

Yeah, weird.

2(3?) years now, I think. I had literally zero interest in the game when it released, It's been around a year or so since I played my first Platinum game which is when I went nuts and started playing every one of them I could get my hands on. I may have seen the threads or the references for the longest time but I had zero context.

Not everyone has been here forever.

>it's based more on player skill than mechanics
What could this mean

It's OK for one playthrough

Fighting trash mobs is even more unfun than it is in DMC4 since there's so little combo and weapon variety. After 10 minutes it just gets old since gameplay depth is almost nonexistent. And the only good bosses are Armstrong and Monsoon. Plus Zandatsu is a fucking shit gimmick

6/10

This was the only game I ever preordered and bought blindly. I just saw Raiden on the cover and I knew it was going to be great. As soon as RULES OF NATURE kicked in during the Ray fight, I knew it was worth every cent I paid to go in unspoiled.

It's also how I discovered Platinum games, went out and bought MadWorld, Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Anarchy Reigns after I beat it. No regrets.

MGS4 = Desperado > Gray Fox > Default (the upgraded one) > Sombrero > Tutorial > Suit

Why do MGR fans act as though their game is "hardcore"? I'd say it's even more entry level than DmC

>Story
These people are looking for MGS tier story telling this took the other route and went with a focus on gameplay
>games to short
Fine
>Combos don't exist
Not every game needs to be a DMC clone where you cancel moves and have a style meter.

>unfun
Learn combos and switch up weapons/side weapons.

>only good bosses
Nice opinion, faggot.

>Zandatsu is a fucking shit gimmick
Nah, it's pretty cool and useful.

I get it. People just want this game to be like DMC3 so they can wail on pathetic incompetent strawman enemies while flying around and mashing buttons.

The difference is that enemies are actually dangerous in this game.

>Not every game needs to be a DMC clone where you cancel moves and have a style meter.
Yeah, it's a nice change of pace when the way to play the game optimally is to either mash one button or constantly spam one move

>Learn combos
Lol

>people getting defensive when someone agrees with their own critique

As far as combos, yeah.

>people getting defensive when somebody disagrees with them

Also funny you call shit like "hurf durf bad story" critique.

I hope you've played the other Platinum games, OP.

And besides...
...This isn't my sword.
youtube.com/watch?v=-b-7tP7IW5Q

>enemies are actually dangerous in this game.
>with the parry system
>with that healing system
Haha!

Let me guess, you never learned how to block? You're probably one of those faggots that have a grudge against the game because you couldn't beat it.

>Learn combos and switch up weapons/side weapons

Maybe if you didnt have to sift through a menu everytime you want to change your side weapon, each of which only has a few functions

And Sams DLC is the only part of the game where you can actually get a little stylish

Your argument is officially invalid

Read
The only time you might die in this game is at Armstrong. Parrying is insanely easy because you can just spam towards + square and you'll get it

>The story was bad
>"Yeah, I agree"
>W-WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER!

>stylish
I have yet to play it or the Bladewolf one.

Anyone else slide into the grunt enemies and Zandatsu them?

>with the parry system

Yes user. If you played the game, you'd know that enemies can jump away from a parry.

>with that healing system

You just going to forget that DMC and even ninja gaiden allow you to chug healing items like they were candy?

Who are you even talking to user?

>Every cuhrazy game needs to play like DMC or its not good

Eat shit if the game is so easy play it on the highest difficulty and get S rank on your file.

>N-nuh-uh!!

Monsoon is pretty tough too if you aren't good at spotting his telegraphs.

>there are no bad sections

wait until you play on very hard and reach monkey elevator and monkey room.

Better yet, try VR mission 18

DmC gets more hate than it deserves, not MGR.

>kino
the fuck is this retarded jargon

>you play on very hard

I played on Revengeance on my only play through, and that monkey elevator and birds fucked my shit up for like a week.

DmC would've been much better had they hired better writers.
Also, I fucking hate Kat.
>muh rape
>muh isolation
>muh squirrel semen

Cred Forums shit.

Cred Forums meme. Pretty fucking retarded.

Don't try to derail my shitposting, user.

Wait. Aw, fuck.

You're alright.

>TPP is just a massive disappointment
It wouldn't be if it was your first proper MGS game and you didn't have the expectations for it that we did. Gameplay-wise TPP is fantastic.

You literally just projected that not liking the game means you're a retard who doesnt know how to parry, and that MGR is capable of being too hard for somebody

The Rising defenders in this thread are pathetic, you're arguing like teenagers

>DmC gets more hate than it deserves
haah waaw

>If you played the game
What

>DMC and even ninja gaiden allow you to chug healing items like they were candy
Not really, you'd have to spend currency that you could've used to buy other stuff, and it detracts from your ranking. Rising gives you way more healing items than you'll ever need, on top of letting you instantly heal with zandatsu, and there's no incentive not to use them

>>Every cuhrazy game needs to play like DMC or its not good
It's nice for an action game to have some depth, yeah. What is there to learn in MGR other than blade mode cancelling and perfect parrying

> play it on the highest difficulty and get S rank on your file.
Nah that's pretty tedious and a massive waste of time

>Monsoon
Not really, even if you manage to miss the huge window for parrying, he still gives you tons of healing items mid fight when he just stops to throw stuff at you. Armstrong does that too so only the first part of his fight is dangerous

revengeance is babby modo, counter parry is too op there.

Did they fix this in the rerelease

DmC had a better camera and didn't have invisible walls or QTEs.

GTFO YOU FUCKING NEWFAG

Why are you even in this thread.

>you'd have to spend currency that you could've used to buy other stuff

Unless you pick items up from the world. And what other items could you possibly need with the ability to heal at will?

>letting you instantly heal with zandatsu

You don't instantly heal, retard. You have to damage an enemy enough to kill them first while at the same time having enough charge in your blade to start it up in the first place, which on Revenegance difficulty is tough as balls to do. And no, leveling up your shit on easy modes THEN playing revengeance doesn't count you fucking casual.

>what

Exactly what I am implying, faggot. That you haven't played the game. It's not hard to deduce if you have even a small modicum of reading comprehension.

Indoor voice, user

You're objectively wrong! youtube.com/watch?v=DpbB14fr_gI

*?

There's still the repeated missions and ridiculous amount of waiting/loading screens.

Imagine going back in time to 2006 and telling action game fans they'd be more excited for a game starring Raiden than they would be for Dante.

I tried Very hard and it was too easy. Counter parry doesn't do much, but the enemies don't do much either, and are easy as fuck. lol consider this; I didn't even know that the monkeys even had some combo that throws you up into the air because they always kill you before then on revengeance.

Great game. Got all the achievements for the base game on PS3 and PC but then I started the Bladewolf dlc and said fuck that to the platforming section. Still thinking of going back to it some day. Haven't even touched Sam's dlc yet.

He has some decent opinions, but he isn't always right just because he has a large vocabulary.

Dude rides Deus Ex's dick hard, too.

lol dude metallica xd

Is the Sam or Bladewolf DLC any good? After I beat it on hard I'll probably go for the DLC and then maybe do Very Hard or VR missions.

>Unless you pick items up from the world
And you get that there aren't enough healing items in the game for you to "chug them like candy" right?

>ability to heal at will?
Haven't played NG, are you talking about that?

>You have to damage an enemy enough to kill them first while at the same time having enough charge in your blade to start it up in the first place
>slide dash into a grunt
>L1, done
Ok

>you haven't played the game
I really have no idea why people bother typing this out

>rageaholic

Yeah no.

I think he liked it

Ugh you're only allowed to join the circlejerk if you actually LIKE the game retard, now GTFO

Sam's is, Bladewolf's isn't

>slide dash into a grunt
>L1, done
You have to have enough charge to do that. You can't just go around doing that to every grunt.

The Bladewolf is great. The Sam one is great, and lets you weaponize his smug.

Are you me? I literally just finished the game yesterday and instantly restarted on Hard, with a Grey Fox run. I really do love this game.

sam's is fun as fuck and you can do ridiculous amounts of damage if you take advantage of his taunt correctly
bladewolf is kind of lacking, play it for world building and a hot new single from DJ Kamasin

Why is he wrong, fanboy?

Are you talking about TPP or Rising?

>Grey Fox run
You mean wearing the Grey Fox armour for the whole game?

Blade Wolf starts out slow, but his exclusive boss is pretty cool. Now Jetstream on the other hand, is awesome all the way through. He fights SSJ2 Armstrong, and Very Hard is just plain brutal.

see

Why would you run out? You refill your meter from zandatsu too

>And you get that there aren't enough healing items in the game for you to "chug them like candy" right?

I just fucking said that you can buy them dude. And you said some shit about saving for other shit, but I don't remember needing to save for anything in DMC. Ability points are different from the money you have, if I remember correctly. And in NG, you have plenty of money left over after upgrading weapons.

>slide dash into grunt

What grunts user? At some point they simply stop showing up.

>I really have no idea why people bother typing this out

Because it's clear to us that you have no fucking clue. Your arguments are weak as fuck and aren't persuasive at all.

>mash toward + X
>rinse
>repeat

Yawn. Terrible self-playing combat system

>didn't even come close to answering my question
yep, fanboy

Yep, and the sword as well, though it's kind of overpowered.

I think the only problem I have with the game is it's too fucking short. In fact the game gets fucking shorter as it goes on
>0-4 are decently sized chapters
>5 is only a few missions long
>6 is literally just a boss battle
>7 is only like 3 missions long with an epic as fuck final boss

>Why is he wrong

>rageaholic

You sound like the fanboy, faggot. I'm not watching another "review" from some meme angry reviewer again.

Now now, let's not say anything silly here, most DMC games allow you to skip cutscenes and aren't quite as broken as "Ripper Mode + anything" or "Pole Arm Light Light Light Zandatsu-cancel".

>edgy
Guess where your opinion's going.

>SSJ2 Armstrong
kek

>Ability points are different from the money you have
In 4

>What grunts
Now you look like the one that hasn't played

>Your arguments are weak as fuck and aren't persuasive at all
Where exactly do you think I went wrong

if he's such a shitty reviewer than why can't you form a counterargument to any of his points?

I'm not even that user, dumbass.

>start watching
>he complains about a camera that's hard to control
>footage plays of him using the lock-on

>complains about the bosses being too easy
>footage of him wearing a New Game Plus outfit and upgraded

>mfw Revengeance mode
>mfw Monsoon fight
>mfw to S-Rank you must take no damage
>my fucking face when

I think I did that fight a hundred times before I was able to get through with zero damage.

>Now you look like the one that hasn't played

See

If you play the game on easy mode, then you deserve easy shit.

Because I refuse to watch another shitty video from his ilk. Either replicate his points down here in text form, or fuck off.

Where did I say I played on easy? I thought I hadn't even played it anyway

>another shitty video
what were the previous ones?

>what were the previous ones?

Any "angry" reviewer.

>Smoke damages you

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how about you grow a dick, actually watch the video, and tell him why he's wrong in his comment section, instead of acting like a butthurt sperg?

I know that feel, I had to replay that fight a bunch of times
also the Armstrong fight in the Jetstream DLC
nothing compares to the utter anal annihilation that is the DL-VR missions though

>SMOKE
>INTO FRONT KICK

FUCK YOU MONSOON.

see
It's almost like his editor (assuming it isn't himself) knows that Razoredge is full of shit.

>grow a dick and watch angry reviewer #23425

Nah, fuck off faggot.

you realize the majority of his videos are positive reviews, right?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

All the fucking time, love doing that shit.

Except all the qtes and the retarded difficulty curve, especially during the sewer section

because you hate "angry reviewers"?

nah, i enjoy your tears too much

Fuck yeah. MGR thread.

I don't have much of a problem with the QTEs. They're well done in this game I think. As for the sewer section, I didn't mind it but I'm sure I will once I play it on Hard or Very Hard.

so you don't know anything about him?

>Difficulty curve

Fucking.
What.

>There are no bad sections in this game
The part right before Monsoon. Not Monsoon himself, I mean when he's stumbling around doing half-hearted swinging.

Acknowledge my reply, asshole.

you must be new here

The game felt like a breeze up until those gorilla guys. Gave up when I had to keep retrying at a miniboss who required me to spin my sticks as a qte, which almost broke my controller

Not that new, apparently since he's pretending to be me.

>All Metal Gear games are pretty good, user.

2 is a mess plus OP will be shocked ot learn the origins of Raiden was him being a whiny bitch in MGS2

a camera should function properly even when using lock-on

the bosses are too easy because they rely on QTEs. the game plays itself half the time.

I'm

>Are DmC:Dobil may Croi faggots still upset this blew their trash reboot out of the water?

pretty much. To be fair even the fucking God of War games are better than the reboot

You're so full of shit, user.

Kek, the other games are pretty much movies with added in game play.

I actually love the way they are but I like the retarded ass metal gear story.

Cool post bro.

2 was pretty good gameplay-wise, it's definitely better than 1's gameplay with its better AI and removal of instant detection

Now, around the time of the game's release on PC. the mustard race would "joke" when people said that Parrying and Dodge-Attacking was hard.

Is this happening right now?

I'm not completely clueless in regards to the MGS story. Thanks to Cred Forums I have a general idea of what the story is about in each game and roughly what the characters are like.

not an argument

I wish for a sequel, especially when they seem to alude to one in the end, but seeing the state of affairs in Konami makes me think it's unlikely.

It is when you're pulling shit out of your ass.

Re-read my original post and you may see why I think your reply is shit.

it's not an argument in any situation, retard

why am i full of shit then?

I bought MGR on release, and I gotta say, it was every thing I dreamed it to be. Wish it was longer, but the DLCs and VR missions make up for it.

holy shit it's such a good game despite its shortcomings. It's like a reverse MGSV. I went in with huge expectations and they were all validated

if the bosses were not easy than how did he get to new game plus?

the bad camera isn't limited to just when locking on. you clearly didn't watch the whole video.

>played the demo
>only killed Blade Wolf by parrying then using a single stinger and then waiting to get to parry again

>for LITERALLY AN HOUR

>watched the MGR run at AGDQ and they basically said "yeah its RNG and blasting him with RPGs but really mostly RNG"

i have no reason to believe MGR isnt shit

>it's not an argument in any situation

You're right, it's him pulling away from the argument because he thinks your a dumb retarded faggot.

>for LITERALLY AN HOUR

You are beyond help user.

>you can only beat a game if the bosses are easy

No duh, I wrote "start watching".

how old are you, 14?

not an argument xd

For the record, isn't me -

>speedrunfags are the gauge for if a game is good
>FLERP DERP WALK INTO WALL AND SKIP 99% OF THE GAME SO IT MUST BE BAD XD

Kill yourself.

Your "record" will dissapear from my memory the moment that this thread is deleted. I don't care who you are.

>>only killed Blade Wolf by parrying then using a single stinger and then waiting to get to parry again
But why

it's called a question
it wasn't meant to be an argument, Socrates

Revengeance was shit. The combat system was overdone and the camera made my fucking stomach turn. It's like they couldn't decide whether to make a cool action beat-em-up or a stealth MGS game.

Fuck you Kojima.

the only consistent way i found in the demo was to block and then do precisely one stinger and repeat that until blade wolf dies because LOL PARRY even though a perfect timing parry where raiden swings after literally is a liability and just gets you hit because blade wolf has sicc combos

is there literally any better strat than the speedrun "blast him with RPGs" one? i fucking doubt it but go ahead and try to find one fag

>>for LITERALLY AN HOUR
what the fuck lmao

mgs4 shit all over raiden and then mgr finished it off goddamn this man could no escape this lifet

parry, then stinger. it takes about an hour to kill blade wolf. you'll take no damage, but it takes an hour of your life you will never get back.

Thanks I just deleted my entire reaction image library because nothing I have can properly express how I feel towards this post.

(you)

Nice bait, retard.

"durr Kojima had nothing to do with Revengeance" - retards

what the literal fuck is this shit?

KOJIMA NEVER WANTED A ZOMBIE GAME

>not posting a better strat

REVENGANCE APOLOGISTS, EVERYONE

(me)

>every thread on Cred Forums is ruined by retards
I hate this board.

it's a god-tier metal gear game but a low-tier platinum game made by c-team in 5 months

why aren't the bosses easy then?

why are you incapable of listening to his other points?

who the fuck uses the word duh anymore?

tfw Sam is barely a cyborg and still wrecks your shit

>Cheesing the game now qualifies as "strats"

No wait, no it doesn't. wops

Your request is laughable

>Cheesing the game now

How is wasting an entire hour of your life "cheesing" the game user?

>still not posting a better or even valid strat
wow

its almost like MGR is shit

>fighting Wolf as Sam the first time

Oh right, no. I'm confused. The RPG thing is cheesing, sitting and waiting for bladewolf to attack so you can parry and then attack once is simply retarded.

...are you shitting me dude?

I S ranked most of the game on Very Hard just by learning the mechanics and being good at it. That stinger technique is...awful. This sounds like a terrible argument but quite literally just GIT GUD.

LITERALLY THE ONLY WAY TO DEFEAT BLADE WOLF IN THE DEMO

devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Stinger
devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Royalguard_Style

Cred Forums IS STILL YET TO PROVE OTHERWISE

lol

>when someone makes such an abhorrent series of posts you're not sure if you're misunderstanding something from sleep fatigue or if they're just that fucking retarded

>take literally 0 damage with my strat
>"g-g-g-gut gud ;_;"

How is that not GIT GUD? You're still yet to provide a better option.

>explain to me why the bosses aren't easy
Haha.

>incapable
I just don't want to waste my time watching the whole video, especially when those parts of video I mentioned have the gameplay contradict his critique.

>who the fuck uses the word duh anymore
I do. We don't all reduce our vocabularies to meme words, you know.

I unironically listen to the MGR soundtrack

If it's so easy, post one that is doable by anyone but speedrunners. Post a reasonable and intuitive strategy that is not "Parry, then do a stinger, then wait to repeat that process"

The damage is to the time you wasted user.

Worst girl.

> S T I L L not posting another strat
wow
Wow
WOW
wew
Wew
W E W

Why on earth are you using a stinger on Blade Wolf, you can easily beat him by parring into basic attacks like literally every enemy in the game.

If you're gonna complain maybe don't play the game like a fucking dumbass

Duh is a meme word.

STOP THE SHITPOSTING

IVE EEN TRYING FOR THE LAST HOUR TO 1ST RANK VR MISSION 17 AND I CANT SURVIVE TO THE END ECAUSE I CANT FUCKING DODGE THOSE FUCKING RAPTORS

CAN ANYONE FUCKING HELP ME

>strat
Literally just fight him like any other enemy in the game you fucking complete retard

You can take literally 0 damage with a lot of strats, dude. Most of them also don't take an entire hour and can even get you an S rank on time.

It really just sounds like you're bad at the game.

I am shaking my head in real life user. This is sad.

I showed it to my friend by playing the entire game + dlc with him

How about just play the game with a sound knowledge of the mechanics and kick his ass? Yeah, your strat works, sure. But it takes an HOUR. The game is like 6 hours long on a good day, and you're spending 1 of those hours on the first mini-boss. It is so highly inefficient that it's comical to think someone actually did this.

I say again, git gud you little nerd

Same

>that one guy that has derailed the thread

Amazing

So, parry, and then hit him once so you can have space to parry again because all the enemies in the game have Hyper Armor after the first hit? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

>word from the 60's
>meme
Not as we know them.

>no MGR 2
why live?

It's a good game but holy fuck I suck shit at it

I think I was about halfway through on hard mode, was starting to git gud I think but then I got to Sam's boss fight and I thought "fuck this" and dropped it

>I unironically listen to the MGR soundtrack

The boss themes are actually really fucking good to put on a lifting playlist. Shit gets me motivated.

Parry xx Stinger

literally the only workable strat in the game

I got it when I picked up a bunch of ps3 games a few weeks ago still haven't got around to playing it

>The gameplay put me to sleep, but the polish, characters, designs and story were great to me.
That's some shit taste there user

user, where do you think the word meme comes from?

Well at this point we're just gazing into the mind of an actual autist.
I want to know what his argument even is. Like he thinks it's impossible to get S rank on fucking Blade Wolf of all things without using this "strat" that takes an hour.

hey it worked

>Yeah, your strat works, sure. But it takes an HOUR.
And it works. Unlike literally everything else short of clipping through walls to get extra RPGs and doing the same thing after doing a 3 hit combo of "Use RPG on Dog" followed by Parry xx Stinger, assuming the RPG combat autoaim even works and doesnt just make raiden fire them into a wall

>not reading that last line

>still
>STILL
>S T I L L
>still no alternative strat for demo bladewolf other than Parry xx Stinger ad nauseum

wow

its almost like

its like

its like MGR is a bad game

>it works
>unlike literally everything else

yes user the only way to no-damage blade wolf is to use your strat

that's the only way, that's the only way everyone who has ever played this game have done it

good lord you can't be serious

>as we know them

A bunch of retards marinating in their own ignorance in a basement is hardly something to base language by.

Any one on Xbox know if its BC on the Xbone yet? I've been wanting to play this but don't want to unpack my 360.

youtube.com/watch?v=WnhYaDs4zvw

>mfw it isnt my sword

definitely one of my go to action games. Trying to get my cousins in on it

I've heard people using "kek" irl. It was my autistic younger brother. He said people in high school did it too.

Name ONE (1) strategy that actually works that is not just parry xx stinger ad nauseum that isnt some speedrun bullshit

Sam's so close to the end, you should have stuck with i

>Rocket launcher
Wow! Wowee.

>C&I
>shilling for Something Awful
didnt even bother loading it
go back to leftypol you fucking cuck

Yeah...?
I don't see this guy doing some hour long nauseum retardum "strat", he's literally just fighting the boss like a normal human being.

>Rocket launcher
>literally the speedrun strat for execution whores
i tried that shit and the rocket would just sail over the dog every time. fuck off.

He uses the fucking launcher, it's just a simplified version of speedrunning autism "strategy"

Exactly, it's literally RNG. Total fucking bullshit

All this bitching and retardation is surprisingly not what I expected from this thread

What a shame. MGR was pretty great, replayed it recently and just loved its constant action with you largely in control throughout. Found some of the bosses pretty damn tough on Hard, but it was fun eventually getting past them. Great gameplay matched with some surprisingly decent dialogue made for a good experience all in all

>parry blade wolf
>raiden spins around all fancy
>cant cancel out of the parry animation with literally anything, including another parry

>parry too well and you just get comboed and die

thanks capcom

mgr is fucking terrible
>"just parry stuff and you'll be fine!!!"

>99% of the enemies have nothing but unblockable attacks
>only worthwhile thing to do is to equip the HF Machete and hold the run button and mash X hoping you dont get tagged once and get comboed to death

MGR is shit

>perfect parry
>press y and x repeatedly (any fashion will work)
or
>throw EMP grenade
>press y and x repeatedly (any fashion will work)
or
>parry
>do literally anything since BW is slow enough on consecutive attacks that he's not going to hit you before you can get next to him to deal some damage
or
>take some damage
>not like it matters at all since the game gives you FREE enemies to Zandatsu for HP
or
youtube.com/watch?v=-yIHyJ4Zgl0
or
youtube.com/watch?v=6ieAboupgwM

There. A whole assload of strategies for Blade Wolf. If you think hard enough maybe you can even apply some of them to the rest of the game too. Wouldn't that be cool? Being able to use more than one move sounds like a lofty aspiration, but I'm sure you can do it user!

>Exactly, it's literally RNG.
gekkos are actually completely RNG

>"99% of the enemies have nothing but unblockable attacks"
>blatantly untrue point in a retarded post
How shocking.

>perfect parry
die because raiden is too busy showing off to block subsequent strikes
>throw EMP grenade
EMPs are not available in the demo
>parry
xx stinger or die because anything else is too slow
>take some damage
die because you took some damage

>bullets do chip damage
>RPGs are unblockable unless you blade mode them
>in which case you'll probably just get shot and shoved out of blade mode
>gekkos have literally zero blockable attacks
>blade wolf has blockable attacks but if you perfect parry them you die, and if you do anything but parry xx stinger them you die

>2016
>caring about the demo

Kill yourself

>die because you took some damage

This guy is a pro

you did it

I watched DSP play a game so I'm an expert at it: the post

Or just fucking run.
Bullshit. You can block kicks and charges.
>blade wolf has blockable attacks but if you perfect parry them you die, and if you do anything but parry xx stinger them you die
Again, bullshit.

>game has unavoidable damage

>game has unavoidable damage
Except it doesn't.

>You can block kicks and charges.
no
you cant

>Or just fucking run.
doesnt change that there is no enemy in the game that doesnt glow orange instead of red at least most of the time, and that parrying leaves you MORE OPEN to attack than you were before compared to just holding the ninja run button/key and mashing light attack for anything that isnt a boss

and the point still stands that the only intuitive non-autism speedurn way to defeat blade wolf in the demo is to parry and then do a single stinger and then repeat that forever because MUH TUTORIAL OMG GOTTA MAKE SURE DA PLAYER KNOWS PARRYS R A THING

LEFT HAND RULE

>no
>you cant
Unless they removed that for them demo, you can.

>non-autism speedurn

This is an oxymoron.

*the demo

Legacy captcha loading nothing but foreign (Spanish?) signs for anyone else?

>parrying leaves you MORE OPEN to attack than you were before
you can cancel a parry into another parry if you don't whiff the timing

>no. you cant
Gekkos even have a unique execution if you parry their charge. the easiest way to kill them on the harder difficulties is bait them into a charge so you can insta-kill them after the brief QTE it triggers

it's a full clause, like, it's the non-[autism speedrun] not the [non-autism] [speedrun]

>you can cancel a parry into another parry if you don't whiff the timing
no
>Gekkos even have a unique execution
also no

prove these things are in the demo or fuck off

by your count it literally does, you literally cannot avoid damage if what you say is correct

>autism speedrun

And this is a rendundancy.

>And this is a rendundancy.
speedrun autism is different from other optimization autisms

Yes speedrunning is different from other autisms.

>>you can cancel a parry into another parry if you don't whiff the timing
>no

Nigga I literaly just tap x+stick at the dude/dudes attacking me and im nearly fucking invincible

I don't even try to time it, I don't get how you are this bad

D E A D

its almost like mgr is bad

>you largely in control throughout
Are you serious?

About 4:00 - the gekko starts kicking (orange)

youtube.com/watch?v=ouFp-orNlmU

maybe
the demo
does not allow you to use many mechanics because LE THIS GAME IS LE HARDCORE LIKE DARK SOULS XD

>orange
>BLOCKABLE
fuck off

>The demo isn't just a section of the game cut out

No, you are just bad, it would be more work to take those mechanics out, because this is the modern video games industry and I grantee you the demo was not made before the game

14:40
youtube.com/watch?v=DFsqk_AzJgU

orange attacks in mgr are unblockable and unparryable. this cannot be denied, shitposter.

its le HARDCORE XD

No, the game lies to you and the highlights are no consistent with what you can and can't block

Looks like you have to drop your reliance on color coding and actluy learn the animations like a real action game, O dear how will you manage?

22:19 too

Fucking faggot.

see
and stay the fuck off this board

it's a good game, but it's nowhere near as good as some of you say it is. i know it's "opinions" and "personal preferences," but they are wrong

wrong

and the game should have been about raiden saving sunny from the patriots as it was originally intended

>and the game should have been about raiden saving sunny from the patriots as it was originally intended
Prequel WHEN?

I much prefer MGS4 Raiden's design to Rising's.

Armstrong alone makes this opinion wrong

Every villain sans whats her face with the minigecks are some of the most memorable and memeable encounters in metal gear history

Writing was a strong point in this game, they parodied kojima's mgs2 and ended up with gold

but opnions

>People are still responding to bait

Here I thought this would be a fun MGR thread

I like Mistral.

We can't have fun things. Too many dipshits on here.

I liked her to, but she was forgettable, and I think her character kinda played into that as well

Despite being robo Shiva in deign she was one of the more "down to earth" characters of that game

or at least what I can remember about her speech, I feel like it was kinda vague because the game didn't want to blow its plot load yet, and the mission itself was a little inconsequential to the overall plot

But it been a bit and I could be remembering wrong

She mostly just talks about having a similar background to Raiden and wanting his robodick.

this thread makes me lose faith in humanity and the video game community. Let it all end.

That was way harder than Raiden's fight with Wolf. Stupid tight sewers made dodging him difficult.

That and my scrub skills.

>Rising Raiden
>badass ninja
>awful voice

>Ground Zeroes Raiden
>rejects his HF blade, goes with guns
>awesome voice
>visor permanently closed over face

What a missed opportunity.

Raiden didn't even speak in GZ, plus his VA would be the same in all games anyway.

Yes he did. Did you not interrogate any of the human soldiers?

but user

ITS TIME FOR JACK

TO LET'ER RIP

Listen to Raiden when he's riding the chopper to the fight with Sam. It's fucking hilarious.

My bad, I just checked a gameplay vid now. What's with his robotic sort of voice? Sounds like Kiefer's voice just got really pitched or something.

About 0:35
youtube.com/watch?v=qb1h_rgY380

That's probably what it is.

I just found Raiden's voice too inconsistent in Rising (not counting his edgy Ripper voice).

Well, his Coldsteel voice fits more the whole MGR.
mgs4 voice makes my dick diamonds though.

The Raiden parts of the movie are my favorite. Just kidding, I actually really like MGS4.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJ8E76DIYto
forgot to link

Sounded like someone had s stuffy nose for that line and turned into a turbo nerd

That being said Im willing to be not only was raiden's voice actor probably dragged in multiple times over this game to have his lines scraped at least once, and also having a shoestring budget by the time it got to platinum resulted in the drops we see in quality

>Spot the shitter who couldn't get past Blade Wolf
Protip: not everyone hates a game just because they're shit at it

Fucking Jamais Vu.
>the only advantage Raiden has is his speed
Luckily, I'm a fan of the Bodysnatchers movies (original and first remake).

As if that's even yours.

>MGR dlc was made free not even a year after release
Meanwhile, AC III is $20 for the season pass, and RE: ORC is $20 for just the Spec Ops campaign.

Keep crying kid

Again,

Timestamp.

Too bad we won't get another MGR game because Konami prefers to make shitty games like Survive instead of making something people want. And the best part is that they could just easily make MGR2 without Kojima.

Seriously pissed me off when i looked up ORC and saw that it wasnt $6 like it should be.

I bought the PS3 version for $8 new back in December.

During a sale? Id be surprised if PSN had any price lower than steam without a sale. Cause ive seen ORC on sale for like $3.99 during a steam sale. Just didnt have steam at the time.

It was on Amazon.

forgot the new PS4 patch makes it so that you can view other peoples' trophies from the same view as your own.

Are you done yet?

>Can literally destroy Blade Wolf in 30-40 seconds, not counting the little cutscenes in the middle of the fight.

What the fuck level of retardation do you have? That fight is simple as shit.

You just gave me reason to not trust that. I haven't checked trophies since the update, so I'm not sure if you mean the date and everything.

That's PS3... the only way you can view trophies like that is through your own trophy collection

I'm not posting anything more. Just admit you were wrong and move on bud.

Im the best one here?

>May 2013
>without single guide

>Nothing but unblockable attacks.
We found the moron who doesn't understand timing, guys. He's over here.

Ah, my bad.

>syphon filter
>ff7-8-9
>MGS 1-2-3

:^)

You mean the guy that he's quoting?

No.
And the guide was posted Feb. 22nd

Yeah. Not as simple to quote via mobile.

You mean ludo

Comfy MGR thread. aww yeeaah

Still working on that No-hit Revengeance S-run.

>mfw I realized I knew there was DLC for this game but never played it

I'm hype

This game is hype

I played mgs2, and it felt very outdated at first. once you get used to the controls the game gets a lot better though. its the same with snake eater but I dont know about mgs1. if you get mgs2 or 3 get the updated versions or emulate them, because they are way better.

Same here. Gonna download the Bladewolf one in a minute.

>keeping a chihuahua in your shirt
I thought I was the only one.

kys

eyyyyy me too
just finished R01

About 10 threads "how the fuck do i parry" first few days. That's all you need to know.

>got MGR on release
>playing it in the front room, fighting RAY
>clear the second stage of the fight, jump across the missiles, run down the clock tower
>just as the encounter rank shows up, I hear "that was the craziest fucking thing I've ever seen"
>my housemate was standing behind me for an unknown amount of time just glued to the screen
MGR is a thing of beauty.

i loved every minute of MGR

but

i still think MGS games are shit

This. I can't stand MGS anymore.

Why is it always the same faggots in ever one of these threads.

>Make MGR thread
"It's shallow, etc, etc" - All Cuhrayzee fags
Memefags
"Babies first action games"

>Make a DMC thread
Nigga who can't even star rave wanna tell you about the game
NGfags BTFO
DMCfags BTFO when someone mentions how incomplete the game is or how easy the A.I. is and how only autistic kids play the game today.

>Make NG thread
Arguing about which NG is the best.
People who haven't even played Razor's Edge always throwing it under the boat and get BTFO when someone enjoys Razor's Edge.
DMCfags BTFO

>Make a NIER thread
Waifufags
Tarofags
Everyone gets BTFO when you mention how NieR looks better than all the other Platinum action games.

Why can't you faggots just get along. We're apart of the same genre.

but nier literally looks a PS2 game

I liked the game, but even metal gear survive is more of a metal gear game than this.

MGS1 isn't stealth. The title even says Tactical Espionage ACTION. The AI is dumb as bricks and you can run right behind them and they don't notice you. Even if they do just leave the room and the alert ends.

That said it is still pretty fun after you adapt to the limited controls.

I finished the series pretty shortly before MGR was announced and was hype for it because of that, and then the game got me into other Platinum games
although I had already fallen in love with Madworld before that point

But that's not true at all. How did you come to that conclusion? MGR expands on the nature of memes that MGS2 introduces, along with introducing its own themes of might makes right, and the notion of what "right" actually is.

It's probably the most cynical Metal Gear yet, actually.

Experienced the same thing.
My roommate doesn't care about Metal Gear but when he saw the whole senator reveal and boss fight he was rolling.

hi leafy
you look like a ps2 game. LITERALLY

g i t
u
d

>There are no bad sections in this game
The sneaking section in the subway.

>bullets do chip damage
wrong
or just move out of the way
if you suck at it maybe
just plain incorrect
never had a perfect parry be anything but beneficial against him

DOCTOOOHR

Metal gear mech battle game. That would be dope. Too bad it won't happen. Konami went full damage control with the zombies
RIP MG