Can you name a single video game that Frank Zappa could appreciate on an artistic level?

can you name a single video game that Frank Zappa could appreciate on an artistic level?

hardmode; no barkley

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eln3J6BxWN0
youtube.com/watch?v=AYeYhmbd_pM
youtube.com/watch?v=n5WEU30Iods
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guilty Gear

megaman

is true he was a big guy degenerate feetfag

what

footfaggotry at it's maximum potential.

was zappa a feet fetichist? thats my question

i dont understand

me neither user, and I posted half the pics

I don't know who Frank Zappa is, but based on this photograph I'm going to guess that he's a contrarian faggot who hates everything that most people love and feels so very superior for it.

he had some awesome music user, you should hear about him at leat once

Toilet in Wonderland

sauce please?

frank "the man with the plan" zappa was a semi-progressive musician that liked to make fun of literally everybody and he hated the beatles.

he was incredibly dedicated to music and ended up producing over 100 times over the course of his life + postmortem.

beyond his musical contributions, he was incredibly self-aware and critical of social trends and fads while they were in full swing, not 30 years later when edgy kids were doing it.

he did a lot to defend the integrity of other musicians and keep them from getting fuck over by corporations. he had some really fascinating thoughts about art as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eln3J6BxWN0

le obscure nippon games poster

>hated the Beetles
So he was just a contrarian then.

OFF maybe? Assuming we're talking strictly the game, ignoring the fanbase

not really an unpopular opinion

no, he had legitimate reasons for disliking them and their near rolling-stones-esque product music.

i could kinda see that

I doubt it.
I don't really care about the Beetles, but when people say they hate them they're literally saying "I'm a huge contrarian faggot, look how non-conformist I am!!"

>ctrl-f
>no goblet grotto

Step it the fuck up.

germs: nerawareta machi
i don't know a ton about frank zappa so i can't justify this, it was just the first thing that popped into my head

So he's Cred Forums but with musical talent

>e's a contrarian faggot who hates everything that most people love and feels so very superior for it
True, but he's definitely in the position to do so.

Watching him in interviews is actually what got me into his music. Specifically his crossfire appearance where he shat all over proto-sjws.

Hot Rats is his best album.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYeYhmbd_pM
>It based apon an open world city of vast polygon before the work which accounted known to this world an open world "Grand Theft Auto Ⅲ" appeared, it's played in real time. You can ride a car or a train, also underground as naturally. 'Ll probably lie ... she can also be killing people indiscriminately, if you put in the shop, and try to do! It may seem to be impossible for the PlayStation to handle but not such a ridiculous way really.

What did he mean by this?

He doesn't really hate them though, he made a concert with Lennon.

So tell us why not liking them makes someone a contrarian.

Or is apathy the only acceptable response?

you don't know shit about dick, get out
no, unlike Cred Forums, frank was capable of not only forming his own opinions, but being able to justify them as well as being able to accept the opinions of others
good way to put it
i think any attempt to apply a political affiliation to zappa is a wasted effort. dude loved to take the piss out of republicans but he pissed the same amount of shit-talk out on the hippies and other liberals

thread reminded me of this video. it's a good one
youtube.com/watch?v=n5WEU30Iods

Because they're the most beloved, highly rated musical group in history.
The only reason someone would hate them is because everyone loves them. It's not like a game like CoD that got lazier in every instalment. Beetles were a legitimately good band and their popularity was proof of that.

This faggot obviously just liked attention and shat on everything popular to get it.

Zappa is a kook in my mind, but an endearing kook. Definitely seems like the kind of dude who would be awesome to have as a friend.

He thought they were "only in it for the money", user. I think he at least respected lennon in particular.

>and their popularity was proof of that.
So you don't actually know if they're good or not.

zappa disliked the beatles for marketing music as a product. he didn't dislike them because of their fame, he disliked them BEFORE and WHILE they attained that fame. context is critical.

No, the most popular band in the history of mankind was actually completely talentless. You know the secret, you're smarter than all the sheep!

i didnt know it was possible to project this hard

>Because they're the most beloved, highly rated musical group in history.

from a website:

>I didn't hate them. I actually like two or three of their songs. I just thought they were ridiculous. What was so disgusting was the way they were consumed and merchandised. No music has succeeded in America unless it was accompanied by something to wear, something to dance or a hairdo. A phenomenon is not going to occur unless you can dress up to it. (Frank Zappa about The Beatles in Classical Zappa)

he didn't hate their music. he hated how they commercialized music. it has less to do with "shittiing on popular stuff" and more to do with "how is something popular shitting on stuff?"

i like both Zappa and the Beatles, but i can see Zappa's point.

Well all I know is that you keep telling me how popular they are.

Personally I think they were just ok.

>listening to Uncle Meat today
>see this thread

Huh.

so they're good because they're popular, they're popular because they're good, and they can't be questioned because they're good?

>hardmode; no barkley
that truly is hard mode, barkley is the best choice

This was always Zappa's pet issue. All he ever wanted was for people to like the music itself. It's why he hated what music videos did to music as well.

Nothing's out of the ordinary. We're all just similar-minded individuals like yourself.

I made the mistake of buying the Zappa album that was supposed to be a parody of the Beatles, it's complete shit and it's painful to listen to, I was disgusted because I like all the other Zappa albums I've bought.

Pretty much this. If you ignore my actual point and make me sound stupid you win the argument. You win!

Beatles are good, and thus they're popular. People hate them because they're popular.
It's a pretty simple idea, try to understand it.

No HE can't be questioned because THEY are popular. Get it right, pal.

>zappa died in 1993
>cboyardee is probably in his 20s
really makes you think

>popular music is automatically good

The one with the sgt.peppers parody cover? Yeah that's one of his best albums. You'll apreciate it in a few more years.

The Beatles are literally the Justin Beiber of the 60s, and their music is garbage of the same quality. Boring, terrible shit.

Are you, right now, trying to say the Beatles were a bad band?
Popular =/= Bad, get over yourself buckeroo.

Woah, so contrarian! You're cool!

>You'll apreciate it in a few more years

After I've gone deaf, I'm sure you are right.

gitaroo man

>you'll cowards don't even smelled feet

what's the ugliest part of your body?

I'm not wrong. They only got nearly as big as they did because all the teenage girls wanted to fuck them, and the 60s hippie nu-males were stoned out of their minds enough to enjoy them.

When they first got big, maybe. Some of the stuff on the White Album and such is definitely not the sort of stuff you'd see from the biggest mainstream artists of the day.

how am i making you sound stupid? you're doing a good job of making yourself sound dumb.

"people hate them because they're popular!" isn't really an argument in this context, especially if you read the reason WHY. i'll point you to my post here: where, pray tell, does it infer (in any capacity) that Zappa hated the Beatles because they were popular?

... can i question him because he seems to be unpopular, though?

true. makes me wonder what Zappa would think of the Internet's influence on music. it kind of made MTV's model of "selling music by blasting music videos 24/7!!!" go tits up, for one

I literally have half the songs from that album stuck in my head just from you mentioning it. It's a 10/10 album.

Have you ever listened to anything experimental/Avant Garde before? That was Zappa's favorite kind of music.

Also god help you if you listen to Lumpy Gravy.

Hylics

I'm indifferent to the Beatles. I like a few of their songs.
What I don't like is contrarian idiots.

>t-they're too commercial!
He was likely just jealous, and annoyed that everyone liked something he didn't really get. Bitterness, really. Hating them because they're so popular while he's a nobody.
If he hates them because they're commercial then every time he released one of his own albums he was making himself a hypocrite. You can't say "music shouldn't be sold" and then sell your own music.
What a wanker.