Trails of Cold Steel/Kiseki thread

Trails of Cold Steel/Kiseki thread

How in the FUCK are you suppose to beat Neithardt in Act 2 for the bonus AP? He deals way more damage than me and has much higher HP. Am I suppose to have just saved every piece of U-Material to craft the best orbs for Valimar? This is fucking bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/the-curse-of-kiseki-how-one-of-japans-biggest-rpgs-bar-1740055631
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claíomh_Solais
youtube.com/watch?v=iOpFy95bYZo&index=6&list=PLzFTGYa_evXjjfTe0HRQXCxMWx4WA9TDQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn-JdbF5HNs
youtube.com/watch?v=vu2Udu0aFV8
youtube.com/watch?v=WGXe0SIDeZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What difficulty are you on? On Hard it takes a while but its not impossible. Use Sara's STR/DEF debuff when you can, and ignore crafts except for the counter. Drop everything you're doing and make sure you're at least defending when he changes his stance to his sword raised up.

Why is she the best girl? Can' we get her as a real route here?

Use Sara and use your counter for the attack when the raises his sword. Attack his arms in his normal stance and the body in his stance when he sheaths his sword.

On hard i just strapped hp 2/act2/attack2 onto valimar.
Its a breeze till the nonstop attack shit but if you use counter stance before he uses the art youll take like 90% of his life away since he'll be countered for like 5 hits in a row

Duvalie's actually the best girl to come out of 2.

Getting to the Epilogue, why is Rean such a dick to Claire. It's not her fault that Best Dad was keeping things a secret.

She is just a target meant to be bullied, that doesn't make her a best girl.

Emma best girl.

That she is, and Toval is the best boy that truly protected Rean's smile.

Estelle sure got upgraded in SC
Mmm those white thighhighs...

She is now trying to attract Joshua, so she is improving her image.

Rosine > Linde > Friedel > Edel > Vivi > Colette > Theresia > Emily > Bridget > Mint > Clara > Beryl > Becky > Monica > Paula > Ferris > Dorothee > Margarita

Good taste, Rosine is truly the best NPC, and totally deserved to replace Alisa as a main heroine.

>Becky that low

So will she appear in Sen 3 and hug the edge out of Rean?

I'm gonna steal Bridget from Alan.

Alright, which one did bleublanc disguise himself as? I'm 90% sure it was Machias.

Can you beat him in a sword duel?

Probably as Millium, no one expects that loli.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that most of the game seems to take place within the span of a single month? Between jetting back and forth across the country multiple times in the span of a single day and major offensives taking place in half the time this is the shortest civil war in history.

It is. His story is the only one that doesn't match up.
Probably, since by all accounts Alan is the worst member of the fencing club.

It's Machias, unless it's random

That's the point, if they are going to keep invading Crossbell and being a super power, then the Civil War can't last long. In the end everything was a joke, and it all played into Osborne's hands.

Ok, I was right. The first round of questions gave it away immediately.

Logistically it's still ridiculous though. The Courageous can zip back and forth across half the country multiple times until the plot progresses, but even besides that an entire tank division can roll across miles of hilly terrain in half a day.

I mean, it would help if we knew exactly how large Erebonia is, or whatever the fuck an arge is supposed to be, but still.

Easy, use Morning Moon almost every turn.
Use Gaius & Alisa to fill your CP.

Playing on Nightmare here.

Orbments son, orbal tech is pretty awesome.

1 Arge = 1 meter

How is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC related to this?

The game looks interesting, but I only have PC games. Should I check out The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC? I like party based RPGs in general.

Kiseki Collection Complete

Henkaku is amazing!

If you know the moonrunes to enjoy them thats really cool.

>Rean
>edgy
outside of when he goes super-faggot mode, he's literally the most beta pushover bitch male in the game besides maybe elliot

at least he's not clinically retarded like Estelle, though

Start with Trails in the Sky FC first then play SC.

I asked this in a earlier thread but only got a single response, so I'll ask again just to make sure.

Does Cold Steel 2 end on a cliffhanger like Trails in the Sky FC? Or does it have a more satisfying ending that won't make you wait for the sequel in agony?

>Does Cold Steel 2 end on a cliffhanger like Trails in the Sky FC?

Nope.

I wouldn't call the ending satisfying but no it doesn't end in a big cliffhanger.

Is there a better translator/localizer in the industry than XSeed? Playing both Cold Steels back to back and I don't have even the tiniest complaint about the dialogue and the English VA is really fucking solid on top of it.

Bamco has typically been pretty good with Tales. Atlus kinda goes without saying as well.

>Atlus
I'm actually extremely bitter about them charging an extra $10 for all their handheld games and the fact they still make mistakes like leaving in untranslated text. That kind of prompted my post in the first place.

Bamco has been occasionally shitty though. Cyber Sleuth was a nightmare and there was a Sword Art game that was also garbage.

what are the best master quartz for each character lads?

I don't have any real complaints with XSEED either, the only issue that comes to my mind is how they handled some of the Enforcer names.

Sword Emperor -> Bladelord
Cataclysmic Fire/Eternal Flame -> Almighty Conflagration
Lanky Wolf -> Direwolf

what are the chances of a sora no kiseki evo fan translation? i'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to just move the text from the pc/psp version to the vita one

Im more bitter about how atlus charges 10 extra for stupid little trinkets that i dont want.

Zero and ao's icons look shit.

The atlus tax has been super shitty of them, but at the same time they've knocked a few out of the park. Mainstream wouldn't be absolutely gushing over P3/P4 nearly as much if the dubs were complete ass, I'd bet.

Although if you started to pin atlus' works down to the last few years, the CS localizations are undeniably a cut above.

Almighty Conflagration sounds 50x cooler.

Its not that easy. Someone on gbatemp was trying that, but hacking experience is most likely needed.

Highest chance for an English Evo would be for Zero, assuming the fan translators have interest.

Someone on GBATemp is/was working on it. Not sure how far they got though.

The games are the best in the series though.

>Get the Domination Quartz for ranking up

It's all fucking over, baby. Laura is unstoppable now.

As far as I'm concerned you're full of shit until they get localized. Weebs have consistently exaggerated jap games and then go quiet when the moonrunes are translated.

Guess the entire series is shit according to your logic.

Guilty until proven innocent. Once 3rd is out, crossbell would be the only thing I'd miss anyway.

Heal like mad
Counter his specials with Morning Moon
Defend if cannot counter

So that cryptid that shows up in ch 2 part 1 do you get more AP the earlier you kill it? I think I can do it on nightmare of I cheese it. Does it drop anything good?

>Guilty until proven innocent
Americuck detected

Taurus Laura with Domination orbment for maximum rape.

Criminal Emma with Fire Bell orbment and Toval's Fast Caliber.

I hope you have her equipped with the Taurus MQ

I dont wanna hear it. I still remember when people would put Hearts R and Xillia 2 at the top of Tales tier lists before the localization. Then we got our hands on the games and it turns out they've been hyping up 7/10 shit all along, and suddenly you stop seeing people post those tier lists.

>Tfw still cannot decide between Emma and Laura

Why are they so perfect?

Fuck, who should be with the Lean Mean Rean Bean Machine?

Laura cause she is best girl obviously

>the fact they still make mistakes like leaving in untranslated text

It's meant to give a proper authentic Japanese experience, user-senpai.

moonlearners before the games got localized
>Crossbell is the best arc overall
>SC/3rd/Ao are the best games
>Sen is shit/bad/mediocre/good but a disappointment
moonlearners after the games are localized/localizations are announced
>Crossbell is the best arc overall
>SC/3rd/Ao are the best games
>Sen is shit/bad/mediocre/good but a disappointment
WOW FUCKING NIPFAGS HYPING UP GAMES JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT LOCALIZED

Do Bully was a minor villain in the Crossbell games, right?

What Master Quartz did everyone give Rean?

I'm deciding between Thor and Murakumo right now.

It's true, it's what you people do.

Was he really called Lanky wolf?
Ill believe you

From Falcom's website.

He has no style

Made me look up the definition of Lanky to see if it had any other meaning

My waifu Tio is so cute.

FREED MY MALL

MALLOMAR

THE CHEWY KNIGHT

Rosine's face is too gorgeous for a nun.

Linde > Rosine

Annabelle should have had a character page. Best smug fisher.

Witness the fruits of my training!

I'm setting up Rean to be a delaybot and I want some input. I'm about to go into Roer. He has Force, Gladiator Belt, and True Gladiator Belt for +7 CP every turn and +9 CP for every enemy killed. His Quartz are Speed Breaker 2, Hit 2, Chrono Drive R, Impede 1, Attack 2, Impede 2, Action, and Freeze. Should I drop Freeze for an Action 1?

But Rean himself hugged the edge out of Machias.

Used goods

Damn, kids today

fine
JUST DIE

What the hell is Beryl anyway? One of the seven mysteries?

Reminder.

THIS ONE'S A SCORCHER!

Fortuneteller chick

She's the Grandmaster. Screencap this post.

why isn't there a proper map of erebonia yet?

cause only Oliver knows what western erebonia looks like

Who's the MC of Trails in the Sky? It's Joshua right?

Estelle is but there still a duo

Vermillion 100% damage is nice. Murakumo works too though. I'm also a fan of Rebellion, but that's mostly during non-boss fights.

Estelle is considered the MC officially. However Joshua is still a very important character as well.

>wanted Toval's accessory so I could break Emma even harder
>Couldnt resist spending every moment with Sharon instead

Maybe next playthrough

DOST THOU DESIRE THE POWER?

It's Estelle nigga.

It's okay. You're just breaking Rean who will always be in your party.

How often does Estelle's game on sale? I pirated the first one and enjoyed it more than I expected.

It's ok, Sharon's accessory is equally as good, maybe even better. Give it to Rean.

Enjoy Delay Master Rean and 90% of the game's enemies never getting a turn.

Not too often. But it sometime happens. Keep an eye out for one.

on sale at humblebundles store
more expensive than I thought

>Tfw Sharon will never ditch the Whinefords and become your maidwife instead

>Not wanting to break the game using Rean "AT Delay Everyday" Schwarzer

Just marry Alisa ;^)

Reminder that Mint was the true villain all along.

>Can't fuck Sharon
>Have to deal with family arguments
>Have to deal with politics and business crap
>Worst of all, BEING MARRIED TO ALISA
>When you could be starting a family with Fie or adventuring with Emma or sparring with Laura or making best dad proud by making more Ironbloods with Claire or marrying the real blonde tsundere best girl Jusis

For farming?
Force of course.
Spam Craft/S-Craft to finish off monsters and regain most of your CPs back.

Not a big deal, really. While you'll miss out on optimized rapid fire level 1 spells, Domination (and later Hades Gem) abuse can do 99% of the work in boss fights even in Nightmare

>Not Scepter for the Bank of Rean

if you say so towa but nobody believes you

>Confess to Laura
>Drive her around the country on my Alisa bike

Wish they had a paint job for everyone.

Haven't tried that one, is it like having a permanent sepith up turn bonus?

Scepter (and True Gladiator Belt for self-sustaining CP)

Every normal encounter, I did Autumn Leaf Cutter/Gale to tickle some sepith out (and grind link attacks) followed by an Emma nuke. For boss fights, Arc Slash instead for delay and non-stop tickling. Got 999 drops from some bosses

Towa is shit. Being the true villain, manipulating everyone from the start would at least make her interesting, but she doesn't even have that.
Nope, she's doomed to be shit nobody cares about, forever.

All hail Mastermind Mint.

Very high chance, you rake in the septith like mad.

What did she mean by this?

after half hp he starts going nuts, save your cp till then and use morning moon to wait for a heal. pay attention to the at bar. I used Fie for the whole match but never got to do anything other than heal and an occasional speed up.

She spies with her little eye... the goods.

How does AT Delay resist even work?
Having Impede 1 & 2 + Black Virtue = +180% AT Delay activation?
Does it mean that I have 56% AT Delay activation on enemies who has 20 on their AT Delay stats?

>Mirror characters have cooking lines.

that happened in tales of symphonia too

Sounds too good to be true, so it's probably just if Delay sticks, add total Delay to the enemy

I cant stop thinking about Laura

Wow nice, does it mean that most of Rean's craft are multi-hit?
Or because they have large AoEs?

Fie is better at it

add Freeze 2 and Poison and she is a monster.

I have no clue on how delay works. All I know is that you need to be speedy gonzales to make it work right.

>Master Megalilith
>trophy
>it got nerfed CP restore is slow as molasses

Well back to the footbaths for me

Speed affects ailment success rate

>Laura
>good
*chuckle*

So how did she pull it off?

Her job is to knock of 70%-100% of of a boss's HP using Murakumo+Domination+S Craft then let everyone else finish off the boss

She equipped emergency puppets, then she spammed S-Crafts every time she revived

He was holding back out of pity.

how do you make Jusis, Muh Wind, Elliot, Alisa, Machias and Millium good?

I cannot find their niche unlike Fie, Emma and Laura. I got an idea of what to do with some of them but other characters are so much better at what they do

Machias - support and status inflict
Elliot- heal and support
Alisa - heal and support
Muh Wind - status inflicting and dodging tank
Millium - tank? idk I put a lot of def on her and she can't tank well enough
Jusis - arts attack and support

literally everyone does their job better.

it was an Ice Cream eating contest. her self steem is just lower.

So which girl did you dick?

She promised to spar with him naked

Alisa is a CP/Insight battery, Millium is if you want a second (worse) Laura, and Elliot is the best at waifu.

>Machias
>Not AT Advance shuttle

Jusis

yeah I did that but by the time he gets to act everyone is already right behind him. I would rather count on fie inflicting AT Delay than to count on machias being at the right spot on the at bar to be not useless.

>Millium is if you want a second (worse) Laura
too true.

Jusis's job is to buff using Noble Command and then set up an arts reflection or platinum shield.

Alisa is a CP battery so Rean and Jusis can continue to do what they want.

Jusis is permanent support. Noble Commands and Platinum Shield are literally all you need for him to be good. He literally could have shit attack and arts and he'd still be one of the best characters in the game.

Alisa is a CP battery. Extremely useful.

I'm only at the beggining of act 2. do you get claire back later in the game? because she has an art that is about the same and basically makes Jusis useless. i'll try him again I been buffing up everyone since they are severely underlevelled.

fucking stupid

Nope, if you weren't a newfag in these threads you'd know that. Anyone who says this started the series with CS and just started posting here in the last year or so maximum.

Jusis is much better than Claire. Noble Command is cheaper and buffs speed and arts. Platinum Shield means you won't get raped by S-Crafts.

Anyone know what Rean and Laura's birthdays are? I have a theory that they're fraternal half twins from when Victor and Osborne dicked Arianrhod at the same time, so I was curious

Who that next to Rixia?

Claire + Machias = Double AT Advance
RIP CP

who cares?

Millium - good for wiping the whole field with her S-craft and for fainting enemies (she faints better than Laura) to make everyone's attacks crit. She's basically Laura with lower damage but better fainting/delay (so a better Laura in every fight where you can faint the enemy).
Elliot - healer so he'll always be shit no matter what you do since healing is shit in CS with some non-Elliot exceptions
Alisa - CP battery, useless because Moebius exists
Muh Wind - pretty much useless
Jusis - pure support, goot at buffing but that's it. Gear him up with as much speed as possible and Chrono Burst and have him buff then switch out (switching out to Laura works well since she can self-buff)

Sully, her dance partner.

>Machias is shit
>Elliot aoe heal and buf
>Alisa - heal and cp restore may be good with craft users
>Muh Wind - can restore cp so he can use crafts non-stop. Not so good as fie in combat tho
>Millium - shot
>Jusis - attack arts and buffs. I am using him with emma, give him some good arts-oriented orb like criminal and he will destroy everything

She never had a chance in the Lloydbowl

The Detective D can only go around so much.

I've been wanting to get into these games but not sure where to start.

I speak moon so translations are not needed.

Start with Trails in the Sky

Release order

Then you start from the beginning and work your way up.

Specifically you start at Trails in the sky.

Okape. Looks like a long road but I'll give it a shot.

Trails in the Sky
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Trails in the Sky The 3rd
Trails of Zero
Trails of Azure
Cold Steels 1 and 2

There is no reason to play any of the games out of order at all unless you don't know Japanese. You can start with any of the first games of an arc and understand the plot of that arc but you'll miss out on a lot of important references and overarching plot lines that started in earlier games if you do.

I like how in Divine Knight battles, when a Link Attack would be a finishing blow, you get bumped to max Bravery points and every button triggers a Burst (or Rush if you're early-game). Even reflects in the Records with more Bursts/Rushes than would be possible with the number of Link Attacks

This desu, I like ending my mecha battles with flashy anime attacks.

I was incredibly disappointed in myself when I accidentally finished off Ordine with a DoT.

She doesn't even have a face in Zero.

You should at least buy the translated versions of the games that have been localized so you can support future localizations. There are still 2 games that have yet to be brought over or announced.

Crossbell arc will never be localized.
Unless there's a PC/PS4 port.

Fuck off. There is every chance that it will.

Now I'm done arguing with you, so go ahead and post your bait. It will be ignored.

While the series is doing far better than before, it still is very much a niche series.

There's a decent chance for the Crossbell games, but not a complete guarantee.

Remember there's no PSN release for the 3rd :D

I prefer Trails on PC anyways.

What hearts r and Xillia 2 are great, the latter is only shit because Xillia 1 exists

There is, in Japanese :P

Exactly why Crossbell arc will not be localized.
For now.

Too bad SC sold like utter shit and you don't have ToCS though

>There's a decent chance for the Crossbell games

The superior Evolution versions, right?

Sssshhhhh you'll trigger EOPs :DDDDDD

>Chara-Ani
Nope.

30,000 is not a horrible sales number for a small company like Xseed, you stupid fuck.

And I have a PSTV for Cold Steel. You stupid fuck. Don't you have anything better to do than try to dump cold water over peoples' heads for no reason? Fuck off

>FC sold 100k++
>SC only 30k
It's below their expectation for sure.

Not necessarily. They knew full well that it was a direct sequel for a game that was not finished by most people who played it.

Keep in mind, only about 12% of people who bought FC actually finished it.

Reminds me that most people own FC because it was part of a bundle.
And many people complaints SC was expensive as hell when it was released last year.
It's a shame to be "master race".

Anyway is Zero/Ao fan-translation's officially dead?

>Anyway is Zero/Ao fan-translation's officially dead?
Last I heard, it was on track to be released in December. Zero was, anyway.

Good to hear.
Hope it won't share the same fate as SRW Alpha.

%65 percent FOREVER.

>Tfw we will never have Trails threads without Muh Master Race fags shitting up the place

Can you fucks create your own threads instead of invading non-PC Trails threads?

PC or not Trails is Trails.
Besides, PC remains the only viable way of catching up on the missing games.

Which is better to get?

Rapid Calibur S? (Can you give it to Emma?)

or

Noir Vernon Chain?

Just so I can know which guest character to level my link with for that accessory?

For anything wrong with SC, you can blame Andrew Dice of Carpe Fulgur, the guy who decided to wallow in self-pity and not do any work while hiding his lack of progress from XSEED instead of just coming clean, then tried to kill himself to get out of having to work, then when he turned over the work he had done to XSEED it turned out to have been constructed on a foundation consisting of a solid bed of bullshit such that they had to spend two months manually fixing his catastrophic fuckups.

There's a fair chance they'll go on sale again when the 3rd gets released, they did go on sale back when it was announced.

So this guy was the reason that SC was delayed and delayed?

And adding to that, he STILL had XSEED do more work because of his fuckups?

I'm surprised XSEED didn't get mad as fuck about it.

Her VA was pretty good

They did get mad. He got pretty much kicked out of any future Trails projects after SC. His reputation got shot to hell.

This is kind of fucked up for him to do. SC had one of the longest scripts ever and he did this. That's crazy.

It's a shitkaku link, but this is a pretty decent write-up on everything that went wrong with SC's localization, especially the parts that Andrew Dice fucked up.

kotaku.com/the-curse-of-kiseki-how-one-of-japans-biggest-rpgs-bar-1740055631

Originally XSEED hadn't come out and openly blamed Carpe Fulgur for holding things up, it was Dice himself who made an attention-seeking blog post talking about how he couldn't work on SC because he was depressed and then tried to stab himself to death.

My personal opinion reading his blog post (you can Google it) is that it smacks of melodrama, but you're free to draw your own conclusions.

Emma for the Vita/Crow parallels, Laura is the Sandlot to Rean's Dreichels.

Vampire.

>"No more text changes. No more addressing of any bugs unless it’s something that’s very major. We need to get this product out. Not just for the fans that are waiting but for our own sanity."

Jesus Christ. I can't believe that one guy fucked everything up. And one woman translated it all after that.

People gave XSEED a lot of flak for their timeliness after SC, but one just has to point out that they were perfectly capable of getting CS and CS2 out on time.

Here's hoping the Crossbell games will have much smoother progress.
From what I've heard there's a monstrous amount of NPC dialogue.

Well it does help that even combined the two Cold Steel games have less text characters than SC.

And of course Gaius is the Nord ally.

Gaius is the greatest ally.

Yep, Gaius is truly the best party member since he brings the less bullshit into things and keeps things orderly. He is truly a bro.

I just had Alisa pump CP and HP into me and used morning moon all day erryday.

So when is Rean getting a head pat Craft? Considering how important they are for him, being able to do them anytime should be a given, right?

That's Gale. It looks like he's hitting the enemies with the sword, but he's just headpatting them very fast.

>tfw crow got penetrated after all

Reading all those gay doujins were worth it

Dorothee pls go

But user, he has to head pat his party, that's kinda the point of it. Unless you want to make them jelly by head patting the enemies and that gives them buffs.

Fast Caliber is from Toval, and yes, it's best on Emma and fucking good on her.

The accuracy and crit accessory is from Claire.

The arts interrupt/ delay accessory is from Sharon, and it turns Rean into the almighty destroyer of turns, enemies cannot get a turn with Rean using the accessory along with impede/ action orbments and crafts.

I do wonder why they kept Delay in, that thing just breaks the game if you get enough delayers in, and to make it worse they gave like the best craft that uses it to the MC so you always will have a good delay-user on hand.

No choice now, I went with Toval so I can give Emma the accessory. Problem is I'm only halfway with him on the Link bar to level 3. Dunno if I have to grind just to get it from him.

Anyway I just met MUH WIND. Still boring as always goddamn.

Also did Millium's VA get a better voice direction? She sounds kinda better now after meeting her.

How weird, people were complaining that Millium sounded worse here. Personally, I feel that Millium's voice fits her perfectly, it makes me want to choke the Nep which is kinda the point... in a good way.

If you didn't do Toval's bonding events, don't bother, get Sharon's for the 1st playthrough and make Rean "Eight Impedes One Delay" Schwarzer and leave Toval's fastcast accessory for another playthrough.

I only didn't do his 1st bonding event. The one where you leave before going Nord I think it was. If there is a bonding event before getting the item with him then maybe I can still get it? If not, well I'd go with Sharon then most likely. It's not like being a "Delay God" is bad.

Yes, plus you need to do both Sharon bonding events for the notebook.

You need him at Rank 3, which means either both his bonding events, or a shit ton of grinding. Anyway Emma doesn't necessarily need Fast Caliber to wreck stuff, it just lets her wreck stuff harder.

Missing Toval's 1st bonding event will make it hard for him to hit Link Rank 3, so doing Sharon's is much easier.

Oh well that settles it then. Delay God it is.

Now prepare to use Alisa as a CP battery to keep Rean stocked and ready to go. I feel bad for you, but it's for the best.

>Not using Rean/ Laura/ Jusis/ Emma

>Needing Alisa

He is going for the Rean delay build, which makes Alisa more useful since she can keep the team fully stocked with CP.

Yes, but with the severe downside of having Alisa in your party and being near her.

Surely you can tolerate her horrible personality for the sake of beating the game faster and more efficiently.

>Tfw Laura one-shots everything anyway
>Rean is basically there to just take case of bosses that survive her one-shot attacks

But Alisa makes both of them more efficient, that's why you use both with her, right?

Falcom pls, Emma is my Coldsteelfu and Laura is my Swordbro and Jusis is my healslut/ buffslut, there is no place for Alisa.

But what about Fie, I am sure you are taking your Mascot character with you too, right?

Fie and Sara in the back just in case, of course.

Yup, Fie and Machias are the backup 5th and 6th party members.

Good, you have great taste user.

Why Machias, if you want someone to bully Jusis then you should have taken Millium.

But Machis is there for Jusis to bully. Machias was made for bullying.

Also because I like CS2 Machias a lot.

You know, Machias, Jusis and Millium are going to be great friends in the future. I get the feeling that they were trying to go for a trio dynamic with Laura, Emma and Fie, but it doesn't have that bang like Machias, Millium and Jusis does.

>My personal opinion reading his blog post (you can Google it) is that it smacks of melodrama, but you're free to draw your own conclusions.

Anyone with half a brain would realize that he was obviously lying through his teeth about the suicide attempt and only used it to garner pity while getting out of work.

mfw 100% evasion Fie is able to solo every single melee mob without trouble. Is there any quartz that makes every enemy target her?

You can get Chevalier MQ after the level 5 physical training dummies, I'm pretty sure that one draws agro. Otherwise you can use the Scent quartz which is also supposed to do that.

I thought that was only for field monsters

There's one for field agro too, but Scent and Chevalier should be battle quartz.

Fujos BTFO

>playing CS 1 nightmare
>heard C is the hardest fight in the game
>Angelica just cockblocks him every turn (like pottery really)
>Lean Rean Delay Machine locks down his robo buddies
>unscathed
>find out later that I can't complete battle notes cause he wasn't able to summon mines
fucking REEEE

Xseed's pun game is too strong

you should play the game in japanese, they said

They're right. Shitty jokes like that have no place in a game like this. Don't know why a bunch of retards creamed themselves over the dumb chest messages in FC either.

That's because Fei, Emma and Laura get along too well, if they fought a bit more then they could get a fun dynamic going. That's why Machias, Jusis and Millium really works as a trio.

It doesn't help that Jusis has more personality than all of them combined.

That's to be expected, Jusis is the best character in the whole cast.

Would you dare cruise through Erebonia with this bad boy?

Shit taste detected

Go away Falcom, no way I will run around in the Alisamobile.

Through a tree, maybe.

Towa mobile is better

>Le gram

Fucking Reddit in my video games.

fuck off Falcom.

Why is there no Laura snowboard or bike?

This.
This is an outrage.
Im taking my business somewhere else.

>ywn have a divine knight and traverse erebonia doing what you want.

I cant take it bros.

>You will never fulfill your duty onboard the Courageous as the designated Sexiness Officer

The doujins write themselves

Who'd actually fuck her? Aren't most of the guys on the ship taken?

GEE ELLIOT
IT WAS VERY SMART OF YOU
TO PRACTICE THE VIOLIN
OUTSIDE
ON AN AIRSHIP IN THE STRATOSPHERE
ON THE SIDE WITH THE ENGINES RUNNING

I feel like if you dated Linde Vivi would force her way in and you'd have a threesome and if you dated Vivi she would drag her reluctant sister in for a threesome.

Either way it would be a threesome.

Damn Zero no Kiseki has so sexy soundtrack. Never got to play it sadly and yet those two songs from it playing in CS2 are immediatelly my favourites with Blue Destination.

>yfw Crow died with no regrets
>yfw It was for nothing

How do the mirrors in the final dungeon work exactly? The game doesn't explain the mechanics.

I guess none of the equipment/quartz on your character who equips a mirror actually matters? But for some reason I seem to be regenerating CP every turn with no explanation with the mirrored characters.

Hey, at least it was better than seeing he failed first and then dying. I mean best dad could have just walked up and taunted him whenever but chose to wait until after he had passed which seemed like a pretty alright thing to do.

Then these two must make sure everyone wears a lewd miniskirt... for morale.

Good, those two are the best, so dating both of them is just perfect.

Don't airships have fields that allow you to stand outside them with no problems?

Is there any way to speed up Master Quartz exp gain? Doing NG+ Nightmare run on CS1, trying to level Vermilion and Taurus for Laura and Rean but keep having to switch back to fully leveled Brave and Force to stay ahead.

People find mecha battle hard? Weird, they feel almost scripted to me. Kinda dull actually.

So when will we get to meet Toval's waifu? I am reading Carmellia in CS1 again, and I feel curious about her now that I know Toval exists.

Still Jusis, like in CS1

Well the Neithardt battle is the only hard mecha battle in the game. And by hard I mean hard if you play normally and didn't figure you can just abuse Sara and/or Morning Moon. Then it's of no consequence like every other mecha fight.

Neithardt is probably the first mech fight that has any semblance of difficulty.

So I'm about to begin Nightmare run in NG+ today. What I want to know is that will I kill any enjoyment of it, if I transfer my levels there? Starting it with 140 level Rean sounds overkill. Or is Nightmare really made for overleveled parties?

>Jusis's job is to buff using Noble Command and then set up an arts reflection or platinum shield.
>My party includes Emma and Jusis
Literally nothing can touch me.

You can play nightmare on your 1st playthrough. I don't know what retard said you couldn't. Staring on nightmare in the sky games are actually meant for NG+.

>960x544

Am I the only one playing this on PS3?

Playing CS2 finally. God Rean is such an EdgeMeister in this game and for some reason I'm loving every part of it.

I have the Undub too but the 'Pshh nothing personel kid' fits him so much.

>mfw I only just realized you can just keep re-applying burning heart as Lloyd to prevent the faint from occuring

>CS2 Rean
>Edgemaster
Nigga, he spends the whole game headpatting people.

Then Mcburn happens

>Alisa
Falcom on Cred Forums!?

Surprsingly the vita versions of cold steel have been more popular in both japan and in the west. I'm not opposed to playing the game on my ps3 but it's just alot more pleasant to play on portable imo. It also helps that CS2 runs a good amount better than CS1 did. Jusis' hometown for example would chug on CS1 but it runs near perfectly in 2.

Why we have Rean. McBurn got nothing on the lean mean Delay Rean machine.

He needs a head pat craft, just so he can do it in gameplay too.

How's Legram on Vita? On PS3 I get significant slowdown every time I enter from the Courageous.

What did he mean by this?

Legram definitely dips, but its still better than CS1's worst moments.

He sold out for 50 mira.

>Third form, pat
>miss

He didn't want to drag Class VII's name into the shameful acts he was doing in Crossbell. He fully knows that he is the villain here.

It's kinda cute how he can't resist headpatting even there.

Fie stop dodging!

>mfw Elise is just as shit gameplay wise as she is as a character

Only 2 crafts and the only attack one is class B

She went to a girl's school, not a military school.

How was he the villain there?

If you noticed her level is far below Rean and Toval in the begining too, probably because

Toval also mentioned that he taught them a few things about Arts or something but I don't really remember.

Its such a shame that mirrors dont work outside final dungeon. Even if they are overpowered, still have fun as hell with these.

There is also a video in youtube where some nipponese modded Duvalie as party member same way as mirrors work

>In the beginning cutscene Toval uses cross crusade to save Rean
>When you get to control him he only has Golden Sphere

Where's the cross crusade Eggman, you promised there would be cross crusade.

Honestly with the whole mirror system they could have added all the bosses with unique crafts/S-crafts as playable characters and made it so you can bring mirrors over to ng+ and they will work anywhere. Too bad.

I mean you can make yourself op as fuck for NG+ already so what's the harm in letting you use some op characters for fun as well.

>the bonding event with Laura after you liberated Roer

my sides.

That's the one in the shop right?

yeah

She was so cute there

Literally Meiya

>When you get to control him he only has Golden Sphere
Oh shit user I completely missed that. If it was a craft I'd still understand, but come on Falcom.

So can we all agree Laura has the best CS2 outfit? It really suits her. Ladylike skirt but mobile enough for sword fighting. Also the right color to go with her hair.

The only other answer I accept is Fie.

All the outfits except Elliot's are fine.

Truly a noble confidant.

Sky fags = P1+2 fags
Crossbell fags = P3 fags
CS fags = P4 fags
We're all in agreement, right?

Take your dickwaving elsewhere fag. Literally nobody cares. All games have their pros and cons.

Persona is shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claíomh_Solais

Huh.

>street sign captchas

FUCK. THESE. I'm getting sick of them. You can never know if picking every square with even a fraction of a street sign is the right answer or just picking the squares that have the bulk of the sign but leaving the other right choices unpicked.

At one point they literally reference Asimov and namedrop Shanghai-Lah, what about it?

>not using legacy captcha

I tried it before but it wouldn't load at all. Works now though. Thanks Renne.

>mfw that whole scene about Millium not having the capacity to cry

>mfw she first implied that rean and toval were doing something forbidden there

Damn fujos, I swear

Claire is totally going to sacrifice herself in the future isn't she?

Friedel > Laura

No, she has to survive to make the new Ironbloods with Rean.

Millium had a harsh life... in a way Class VII was the best thing that ever happened to her.

Toval headpatted Rean.

They may as well fuck once and get that tension out of the way.

Where do I find the fish sandwiched between Pale Salamander and Gold Salmon in CSII?

North Kreuzen Highway 1

DELETE THIS

The ending theme ;_;

I felt empty during that ending scene. Wanted to cry, since I'm such sissy bitch I guess

I felt bad for Best Dad, all that work and his son hates him.

What do you guys think the endgame for this series will be like? Will Ouroboros really be the main villains after so many games setting them up for that position or will they be "good guys with questionable methods".

Osborne will transform into Ozzy Osbourne

Since this is a jap game endgame is going to be against Aidios.

>Alisa with Ice Crown

Does anyone know the location of the Trial Chest between Aria Shrine and Garellia Fortress?

Ouroboros are the good guys who did nothing wrong and are trying to save the world.

This is the same series that had Rean and Toval getting rekt and exhausted by a single magic knight before Valimar came in, but then later had a bunch of random fucking students from school hold off multiple magic knights for god knows how long.

Machias is for bullying!

Why can't the scum understand that Osbourne is going to make Erebonia great again?

He literally brought freedom and prosperity to various barbarian small states nearby like Jurai even offering a cup of liber-tea

The nerve of some people to denounce such a magnificent individual.

Jusis stop bullying Machias, he might go wild on the Noble Dorms if you keep this up.

He didn't just bring it, they actually asked for it and even got upset when their own people sabotaged it and asked for more help from reliable Osborne. Of course, this made a certain chuuni faggot so mad that he tried to assassinate Osborne and later perform a blood ritual to unleash an infernal castle and ancient calamity into Erebonia to "end" the war.

Yeah that guy was a fag

I'd believe it.

Is it possible to get 315 AP after the finale if you're at 311?

There are 14 extra points at the very end of the game.

>Of course, this made a certain chuuni faggot so mad that he tried to assassinate Osborne and later perform a blood ritual to unleash an infernal castle and ancient calamity into Erebonia to "end" the war
Oh my how horrifying. I do hope whoever that faggot was, he got what was coming for him from our hero and savior Osborne

>you will never ask to rest your head on Valimar's lap while he says acknowledged

Why even live?

>No one will ever heed your call.

WHERE THE FUCK IS ANNABELLE?

Koio VARIMARUU

Is Quick Calibur S all that amazing when Abyss Shadow also helps casting times as well as Arts/Crafts/etc. recovery times? Or when you can use Overdrive to drop your Hades Gem Lost Art nuke instantly, so only a +100 ATS accessory would actually contribute something?

Vita is going to avenge her husbando and knight.

>Vita in charge of doing anything other than watching her familiar get split in twain

Should I import my levels for nightmare run in NG+?

Do you want it to be a total cakewalk? It's already easy doing it fresh (if you know anything about the game mechanics)

Ao got dumped?

>evolution artstyle

Hard to trust a man who sacrificed thousands of his countrymen just to start a war with Crossbell that he loses a couple years later anyway

Yeah so that getting your shit slapped in by the monkey on ebel highway will be fun

Jusis is the king of shade

>no true Scotsman

sara is literally perfect

Jusis deliberately avoided putting points into fighting and governance so he could invest more in bants.

It's not a fallacy when you can check the archives. People only started posting this shit recently vecause thet weren't here before SC was announced when people were posting the EXACT same shit.

Why does it take so long to get news about CS3?

youtube.com/watch?v=iOpFy95bYZo&index=6&list=PLzFTGYa_evXjjfTe0HRQXCxMWx4WA9TDQ

This is the best song in the game. You might disagree, but it's the truth.

So I'm almost done with ToCS1 but I want to get the platinum trophy. What's the ideal way of doing all the bonding event trophies.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn-JdbF5HNs

>when 1:39 hits

Whats wrong user?

Her JP voice actor is dead, I don't think she's coming back in Sen III

She's gonna come back for sure, but if she's not important, she will have no voice at all and if she's important, they will use a new VA.

>Toval is powerful enough to fight Bleublanc and Duvalie the Bullied when they get serious
>this starter boss is a problem
I wonder why nobody ever yells at the adult party members for holding back.

What do the festival prizes even do in CS?

Because holding back is a tradition.

>You will never have a party composed of Cassius, Victor and everyone else at full power.

Laura has the best taste in clothing.

>jusis "crawling in my skin" albarea

>The nomad dresses better than any of the other guys.

Best girl Estelle. Joshua's the dueteragonist

I don't think he has enough belts.

2 isn't bad.

Laura is the only girl who doesnt look like some hooker

Funny and/or stupid: Just noticed while delay/faint locking pic related, if you check the Scouter details on someone fainted then exit, they'll stand up on the battlefield, then fall over again

There are two on his ankles making 4 total, which isn't nearly enough. He could have wrist belts too, and maybe a belt bandana and unfastened belts instead of buttons on the coat.

Fair enough. Maybe some more coat belts too.

FC & SC: Estelle
The 3rd: Kevin

>mfw holding back actually backfired on him

They would all hold back, have to upstage the Enforcers you know.

>Dorothee writes a doujin

He's new to holding back.

Next game he'll be the boss saying he could have won if he was actually trying.

>That feeling when you have leveled up enough that you finally can be the one who hold backs when facing someone.

After having it done to him all the time, can't blame Rean for wanting to do it.

>leaves himself 100% vulnerable to Delay as well
Guess he wanted to try seeing what it feels to be Arc Slashed to death too

He is holding back, it's part of his job now that he is working with the Ironbloods.

>play on non-nightmare difficulty
>Rean doesn't even has to arc slash he only has to chrono burst double motivate and then let Laura do 280k+ with her S-Craft

What were they thinking

Even if he was at 100% he probably couldn't beat Rixia. She had a Divine Blade shitting his pants at the thought of taking her on.

I got Toval to Link Level 3. Is it fine to stop using him now? Just want to make sure it's fine to stop on Link Lvl 3 for the accessory.

On my way to Legram. Wanted to be bring Sharon instead of him.

I felt bad for Rean here, not saying he is part of Class VII really says how he feels about having to do this.

>Playing CS on any other difficulty but nightmare
And even then it's still easy. Nightmare feels like normal difficulty in this series.

Haven't finished CS2 yet, but the only 'hard' part in the first game was the final battle with mechs. C only took me like 1 retry and the shadow thing was a joke.

>You will never get to headpat altina
why even live

Level 3 and the one with most link points. So you can use Sharon as long as she doesn't get more points.

>Has Oni powers
>Can summon a Robot outta nowhere
>Has a Katana folded 1000 times
>Still gets his ass beat by a police detective who uses tonfas

How can other MCs even compete

When they learn to hold back.

Most link points from the guests to Rean right?

Well Sharon's Level 2.5 for now. So I just have to avoid linking too much with her and do her bonding events then. I think I can manage that. Thanks.

pretty sure Rixia and Lloyd were holding back too since they didnt want to kill them and make Sen 3 not happen

They all have their own equipment, quartz, and stats, but they level up according to the character using the mirror. They all have a NG+ exclusive accessory that regens 10 CP per turn and boosts critical chance significantly.

>tfw finished cs2 two days ago

It hurts. I enjoyed this ride too much after waiting from that CS1 cliffhanger. Didnt want it to end.

Now I just want CS3. Or atleast Zero no Kiseki fantranslation, if that happens early next year or something

>tfw grinding the arts cancel trophy
is this what it feels like to hold back

I'm not so sure about that. Having Valimar really tips the odds in his favor. Especially since it has the fancy Zemurian katana. Nothing can beat a katana with magic ore.

Nothing wrong with delay. What's wrong is giving someone multiple fast delay AOEs with low CP costs.

Lloyd and co. took on one of the Aions so I doubt Valimar would pose that much of a challenge. Also Rixia is basically Calvard's equivalent to Cassius and Victor, except she's in her prime instead of way past it.

>the shadow thing was a joke.
Tell me about it, I was expecting somewhat of a challenge and then it died before it even got a single turn.

>muh super powerful dancing girl
Crossbell confirmed shit. How could anyone defend a game with such an unapologetic bullshit mary sue with a straight face? fuck off

>if that happens early next year or something
Most likely.

In five days its been two years since Cold Steel 2 was released in Japan. How about some CS3 news?

Is she really? Where does it say that? I thought she was supposed to be more Joshua or Renne tier.

>CS3 news

Towa becomes the Prime Minister of Erebonia, is made acting Commander in Chief of the entirety of the Erebonian airforce, and is the completely loved and accepted peace ambassador of Zemuria. In her spare time she practices with her special technology gun, where she spends time honing her Towa-exclusive status debuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=vu2Udu0aFV8
youtube.com/watch?v=WGXe0SIDeZY

NEVER EVER

Probably in December.

She's from a long line of legendary assassins that are feared as demons by the not-chinese in Calvard. The dancer thing was originally just a cover for her reason for being in Crossbell.

She also keeps her boytoy the Ashen Chevalier as her bodyguard, and makes sure that everyone knows that he belongs to her and uses him as a stick to whack those crazy societies and terrorist that don't like Errebonia being great again.

So what? Laura is from a legendary family of swordsman and she's still much weaker than her dad, while Joshua is pretty much up there when it comes to being an assassin. I don't see how that puts her as Cassius or Victor Tier. I'm pretty sure in Calvard there's someone much, much stronger than her.

I'm not going to bother explaining a character's entire backstory, just wait for Zero and Ao to get translated.

Even Rean call her basically a sword autist in that one.

Explain at least how she's supposed to be Victor or Cassius tier, considering how they're both literal game changers.

>Unlimited Bait Works
>Portrayed is Bait of Babylon

I will never not get baited by this bait picture.

Why the fuck should I? Just play the games or wait for them to come out if you're not capable of that.

Well she is one, but we all love her for that.

I don't

Get out.

Then you're just speaking bullshit.

Fag

Why, because you're too lazy to play the other games in the series? She's strong enough to scare Arios off without a fight and to break Arianrhod's helmet in a duel even though her personal conflicts were holding her back (according to Arianrhod). Obviously she isn't on the same tier as the Dominion or Arianrhod herself but she's still above Rean.

Because aside from Rean's redesign there is no news

Tunfoil kun go back into your hole.

What the fuck I just got to Legram and I think the Peculiar Girl is Duvalie? She's cute.

Vita's VA had a really bad breakup with her agency to the point she's not voicing her in 3rd Evo. You ain't gonna hear Yukari Tamura in anything much now, truly she is the failed version of Nana.

>Obviously she isn't on the same tier as the Dominion or Arianrhod herself but she's still above Rean.

Please move those goalposts even further.

When did I move the goalposts? What the fuck are you talking about? You must be the tinfoil hat retard.

How do I get good at Trails in the Sky FC? I barely survived endboss on normal, which considering people are doing it on nightmare means I'm ungood.

Nah Rean will master second form gale completely and unlock a new skill- second form hurricane. They won't stand a chance.

Well, now she's going to end up a nipponese housewife.

She didn't gight her in a duel. They commended her because according to them she was the only one ablt to dodge/endure Arianrhods barrage attack successfully.

Not like the voices are really worth listening to anyway. Call me back when Arai Satomi voices a character.

Tessa-rossa killed Crow though, and she's the one who fucking set it up that it could be awakened. So she's gonna kill herself?

You went from claiming she was on the same level as Cassius to merely being stronger than Rean. Two completely different things.

>you look like you're a little... TIED up, Machias

I'm pretty sure that Cassius and Victor tier is at least Dominion tier and below Arianhod tier.

Gotta wait for December when Falcom does their yearly thing.

Does it really matter since you already finished it?

The doujins write themselves.

No, I said she was stronger than Rean and probably on the same level as Cassius/Victor. Then you sperged out because you haven't played all the games.
That might as well be dueling when it comes to Arianrhod.
>Rean masters Gale and develops a new skill based on it
>it has a negative hit rate and he can't hit with it until they develop a hit 3 quartz
Maybe the weaker Dominion, not the stronger ones. Especially not Ein

The game needed a scene of Victor stomping Dubully for maximum muh Arseids butthurt.

Please do not bully, Duvalie is just upset that senpai notices the Arseids more than her

Does anything matter?
Also I'm NG+ on hard now so yes.

That would be maximum bullying tier.

Why Victor? Better with Laura, even more butthurt.

No, it's not a duel. It was an assault on Yin and the rest of CPD.

So yeah, i can't see Ouroboros as anything more than a gathering of jobbers now. After three games of everyone in the group losing their fights other than McBurn and Campanella, they feel pretty pitiful. Sure, technically they mostly come up on top, but they do it like loser villains.

Overwhelming power gap = greater bullying, of course.

We still haven't see most of them yet. Just some of the more important ones so far. Maybe not all of them are jobbers.

A duel actually implies fighting back mate. Like what Loewe did.

They're always going to job simply because you can't really tell a multigame story where the player loses all the important fights. Hence everyone always holding back.

I remember that post.

Isn't that Enami?

Maybe. But then we wouldn't have much a series if they stopped holding back so much..

And I wouldn't be able to crack jokes about it..

>Machias shows up with his shotgun to shoot up the Noble dorms
>enters the building
>can't go first unless he gets triple advantage so has to wait his turn
>gets thoroughly rekt by every single kid there
>collapses on the ground sobbing

Just when you thought Elliot couldn't be more a fuckboy he hits with you this.

And Jusis? What's up with you and Rean? Who's the pitcher and the catcher?

Sara looks like a 40 years old woman trying to pass a 15 years old.

Wrong thread?

This is from Japan, so Jusis tops because he has a higher social rank/is taller.

But he's tsundere. I'm pretty sure that would make him a total bottom unless they rewrote his chara.

was Fie raped in the corps

Definitely not. She was pampered like a princess. Or as much as a Jaeger can be pampered.

Nope, Class VII is waifu bait so they can't do anything to make the characters offend the wider audience.

No, her dad was a cool guy and stopped that sort of thing in his corps.

Alisa's entire existence is offensive!

Fuck Alisa.

There are ultra-betas who actually like her character though, so obviously it worked.

D-Do I fuck her offensively? Like... Do I hate fuck her?

Fie and Alisa look good.

Yes.

I wonder if he will appear in Sen 3.

Fuck off ace

There are skeleton enemies in the games so it's possible.

Where the fuck were you? You're late.

He is dead, but that hasn't stopped the games before.

>he likes a girl i dont

Fuck off

Not home, made it in time to tell you to fuck off.

The two gay Jaegers mention trying to bring him back.

Sure..

Well, if he comes back, he better have some stern words with Rean and how liberal this Cold Steel has been with his daughter. No one but a father can head pat a girl so much.

>after a long life of fighting man finally gets to rest in peace
>some assholes want to ruin that

Mean

He has to see his daughter get married to the Rean Machine.

Sorry, but Laura will win Reanbowl

Laura is destined to be friendzoned, she is his sword bro after all.

>ending up with Rean
>"winning"

The only one who deserves that suffering is Alisa.