I'm planning on going through a big module that goes from low level to high level in Neverwinter Nights and I was...

I'm planning on going through a big module that goes from low level to high level in Neverwinter Nights and I was wonder what is a fun class to play throughout all those levels? Module name is Aielund Saga if that helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Install the Community Module on the Module you want to play.

Enjoy having all 3.0 and 3.5 classes.

>NWvault gone
>Neverwinter Nights was 30 years ago
>There has never been an RPG that handled user created content so well

It's a horrible shame. There are games with in-depth editors, but NWN's editor was the perfect mix of ease of use and depth if you gittened gud atthe NWscript language. Technically you could do more with NWN2's editor, but if you were just one person making adventures on the weekends you quickly stopped when it took you 2 fucking hours just to lay out a basic area, and even then you would have to make sure the pathfinding wasn't fucky.

One day I hope another RPG shows up with that perfect editor and tolerable mechanics and people can go wild again.

Would a spear wielding druid be viable?

pls respond

Druid is always viable.

In the OC, everything is viable, so just play OC.

Keep a watch out for Divinity: Original Sin 2. The devs have promised a gamemaster mode that comes with a proper editor.

>DnD 3.5

Druid, Cleric, or Wizard in that order

No matter the question, the answer is Cleric.

>One day I hope another RPG shows up with that perfect editor and tolerable mechanics and people can go wild again.
Yeah, that's an itch that which hasn't been scratched for a long time.

Meanwhile I'll just keep playing NwN/2 andSkyrim.

>tolerable mechanics
>D&D 3E
No.

It's 3.0

well memed

I doubt it'll be the wonderland of NWN1 though. They released an editor for DOS1 and absolutely nothing came about with it. The problem is a NWN1-like editor would require fairly significant work and focus since they really did a great job making it easy to use to do most basic shit, and I don't think anyone else has attempted to put so much focus on that.

Fingers crossed though, I chucked money at them on Kickstarter anyway since DOS1 was pretty fantastic co-op. About as close as I've gotten to playing a tabletop RPG online, shit like Temple of Elemental Evil is a perfect port of rules and mechanics but DOS nailed the light story and bullshitting with my pal while we did turn based combats together.

No judgment here. As much as I've bitched about Bethesda games they really do support modding better than most. I just wish modders would get some better gameplay overhauls for Fallout 4 out.

FUCK YOU DAD I LIKE 3RD EDITION

Also I've played Druid a few times before so I'm willing to try something new. Can a spear wielding paladin work out just fine or should I stick with something like 2 handed swords.

Cleric is boring

Less boring than half of the classes in the game.

ADWR is the only time I've ever been engaged in a story. no homo

I finished aielund with a druid/champion of torm.
You will get a few little side quests if you have monk/rogue/bard levels.

So did you focus on spellcasting as druid then go into melee?

I unironically put adwr on par with bg2 at the pinnacle of crpgs.

I unironically think ADWR is better than any IE game. It even makes heavy use of skillchecks.

I tried to balance my build between these two.

Did you go STR and WIS?

You can get a lot of +str equipment, so I increased wisdom every four levels.

>tfw programming modules back in the day
God I miss it.

People still nake modules for both games

I decided to go paladin/champion of torm. Wish me luck Cred Forums

nice choice bra

It's very mixed, and in ways I don't really understand. For instance, contrast the engaging dialogue with non-plot central NPCs, and your actual party members who are just *pouts* and *blushes* and *pinches butt*.

The first time you go out of the tavern and into the world and see the Dhorn guards patrolling everywhere the oppresive feel is just fantastic. I thought it was a neat touch that running around the city in thief's clothing got you in trouble with the guards or hanging around with your weapons out could get you in trouble too.

>tfw you can see first person how it feels to be a gold digger slut mafioso's gf with the "tony the tiger" quest
>tfw you can see first person how it feels to be a whore and have a nigger for a pimp
>tfw you can see first person how it feels to corrupt a paladin with your body while cucking his gf sleeping right next to you and then pledge your soul to the devil and have them both sacrificed
>tfw you can see first person how it feels to be a total slut and fuck everyone

I made the princess a combat rogue and loved fucking and then murdering people while wearing high heels and latex to roleplay a black widow. Best ROGUE module/game every conceived, I'd love to have contact info of the girl who made the mod to tell her that she made of the best RPGs ever created.

It's not even the abundant fap material, it's the pacing, the exploration, the amount of content. It has everything except a good Part 2.

Come for the eroticism stay for the rpg depth

So true

Anyone got any good paladin portraits?

I played it as a LN-monk, because i wanted a pure kung-fu waifu just like in my japanese anime. And i realy did it! Amazing module.
But, i must say, i was realy pissed of because of absolutely unfair advantages that NPC, who you "don't supposed to kill now" have. I forgot most of it, but i do remember that standart dhorn-npc has crazy natural AC bonus around +5/+7.

Druid is a very powerful class, spear is a very lame weapon in 3e sadly, your better off using a scimitar or a.sickle and a shield

You'll spend most of your time shape changed into a panther or surrounded by swarms of animals making what you equip moot anyway

WE

>It has everything except a good Part 2.

What's your "favourite" part of part 2? Mine is when you have to watch Rizzen fight a dozen gnolls for half an hour.

Here we go

Greatsword, greataxe, or halberd Cred Forums?

Bare hands.

Greatsword for paladonk, obviously.

Is it too cliche though?

isn't*

A bit, but greataxe or halberd is pretty shit for a paladin. Everyone would look at you and think "Look at that fucker trying to be a special snowflake" and they would be right. You would be banished to the kingdom of Portland with the rest of your ilk.

I live in Portland

o god

I wanted to do a spear of destiny type thing but spears are shit apparently.

It kinda depends on the module. If the module has a kickass spear somewhere you'd probably be alright. Greatsword is another safer bet for getting gear you can use, though.

Been so long I don't recall if there are any specific sucky aspects of spears in NWN. If they're two-handed they might be annoying simply because they're lower damage (IIRC) than other two-handers and NWN doesn't really let you leverage reach weapons.

Do you have a link for that?

I just want to look cool desu.

I'm assuming he means this.
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35

Also I think NWN2's PRC pack is more stable and has more content

Imagine if NWN was balanced

Then all of the "elite" "spellcaster" players would bitch about it for the next 8 years.

I just want to make meme builds without being severely gimped.

Then don't play anything based off of 3.5, shitty trap options were intentionally built into the game.

Where else am I going to get a roleplaying game with hundreds of modules and co-op?

And it's not gonna happen with divinity OS 2