You're tasked with making a game about a school shooting, you have unlimited budget. What do you do?

You're tasked with making a game about a school shooting, you have unlimited budget. What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNsW4OkKOm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>school life dating simulator
>a random person chosen at character creation will shoot up the school if you don't choose their route by a random date in the latter half of the story
>routes aren't necessarily romantic
>no idea what to make the average gameplay like

You play as a teacher trying to evacuate students while setting blockades and traps for the shooters, somewhat like Deception.

id just make a school map and skinpack for css

the game takes place in all the major school shootings

each level/chapter is a notable school shooting

you play as a by stander in the game aka a student

ALL THE OTHER KIDS

>play artificial academy
>characters can have an evil or yandere trait
>they fucking murder you and you get a game over

I hire some guy from /r9k/, stick a GoPro on his head and tell him to shoot up a school, then turn it into a visual novel

I make a horror game because anything else would probably suck.

Base builder where you make the most defensible school imaginable. Levels increase in difficulty with every fifth level having a boss who's a parody of a real life school shooter.

I would use the money not to make an actual game, but to constantly make fake mock up screen shots and video to endlessly troll libtards

Danganronpa, except instead of truth bullets you use actual bullets.

Market it to white people, because they're always serial killers.

>you have unlimited budget
I prolong the development for the rest of my life and hire literally every single human being with a trillion dollar salary each, thus solving any and all money-related problems in humanity and creating a star-trek-esque society free from the need for material wealth

Port youtube.com/watch?v=uNsW4OkKOm4 to an open source engine, then pocket the rest of the money

>what is inflation

Hello FBI, how's your day going?

>make a simple twin stick shooter in unity
>set it in a school
>add some sort of level editor while at it
>inflate the budget like a motherfucker and launder the money
>get unlimited profits

There

Once every single form of currency is so inflated I expect people to abandon it.

If I have an unlimited budget I can simply keep pumping out money by the googols until money no longer has meaning

>Give everyone high salaries
>Best case scenario
>Prices skyrocket and the economy collapses
>Worst case scenario
>Anarchocapitalist society

and for some reason, the school layout would be like a garden maze, because video games.

WITH THE PUMPED UP KEKS.

Make a game where you sympathies with the shooter and see if i could convince someone that the shooter was in the right
then the game ends and the police arrest the people who "win"

A kind of horror action game where you play as a student/teacher who has to hide or sneak out of the section of the school where the guy is. Heavy emphasis on improvised weapons and surprise, since you instantly get shot if you are closer than down a hall or something.

Kind of sounds fun, is that fucked up?

You play as a teacher with a concealed-carry permit and a gun. You win by protected as many of the students as possible and by gunning down the shooters.

>buy guns
>go to edge teens
>give them guns
>tell them to shoot up the school
I'll call it, "Shoot d'em up"

>promise a bunch of gameplay features
>keep everything under wraps, revealing pre-rendered videos and marking them as gameplay
>hype it as much as possible, adding revolutionary to every other sentence
>say yes to every question asked about which specific gameplay elements it contains
>release a product without any promised features and claim half the money used to develop it to buy an island in the central americas

basically a killing floor 2 reskin

unlimited budget?
okay so
I would implement:
>story driven RPG
>dialogue choices that matters and affects the environment
>first person combat and a cover system like Rainbow Six Vegas 2
>wide variety of weapons (guns, explosives, melee, and traps)
>character customization
>skill trees such as Assault, Stealth, Survival, and Close Combat
>setting is a luxurious private boarding school - consists of a huge garden, swimming pool, library, home economics room, indoor basketball court and so on
>final boss an army of SWAT vans and helicopters
>survival mode unlocked after beating the game

story is about a boy (name isn't important) who wants to shoot up the school, simple. throughout your killing spree some people will beg for mercy and forgiveness and you have the dialogue options to choose their fate. also, note that this is a private boarding school so there will be some guards with firearms as well. your primary objective of the game is to blow up the school with nitro-packed C4 by going guns blazing or a stealthy approach.

Can I steal this idea, cause I can imagine it being cool as fuck.

>kinda like payday, but the point is to get the highest score (most people killed)
>online leaderboard, playable in coop
>a few schools are modeled, with different architecture, some are more paranoid/harder than other
>the full map of the school is available at the start, you can draw on it so you can plan the shooting with other players
>you get the same equipment than a school shooter would get (knives, semi-auto rifles, pistol, shotguns, unreliable bombs, flashlights, handcuffs or bars to block doors, molotov cocktail, etc)
>you can go into the school at first, but once you shoot/blow up something/someone see a dead body/drawn weapon etc the alarm ring and SWAT comes in after 5 or 6 minutes and you're basically fucked
>you can start a fire somewhere and wait for people to go through the exit and pick them one by one, you can go into a class and start shooting, throw a bomb into a group, whatever suits your boat
>you can choose the time when you attack (if you choose 12:00 everyone is at the cafetaria, or everyone are in their classroom otherwise, or in the playground during the break)
>a few guards with pistols may already be in the school, watch out for these
>AIs can feign death, open doors, run around, beg for mercy/pray, try to hide in bathrooms or a locker, may try to disarm you (obviously it's rare), etc
>it's hard to actually kill someone for real so you have to confirm your kills (headshot, heartshot, livershot, lots of bullets, throat sliced, etc... shooting someone at their chest usually won't do it but they will fall down and slither around), but if you get shot once or twice then you're dead/incapacitated (out of the game)
>score is shown when every players are dead

I make a doom wad, then keep the money and move to some country with fat assed ladies

that's fucking edgy

I make the MC be a kid in the school who fights back.

Didn't some kid get punished for making a cs map of his school for a compsci project?

>1996 my company develops grimdark edgy games for the PlayStation
>we continue our strong legacy of grimdark edgy games on the PlayStation 2
>sure enough Activision buys us up because otherwise they are going to buy out journalist to take us down into financial hell
>we make a few grimdark games for the PS3 but because we are full of autism and have a lot more room to make bigger games we only release two games in 6 years
>Mr. Kotick sends me a direct e-mail stating that he is willing to offer us an unlimited budget because our games have always been top 3 in magazine and other media

Dear Mr. Kotick,

I would like to congratulate you on the new human chariot you rode into the office building this morning. Everyone here at Grinder Games is excited to learn that you have granted us an unlimited budget for the game I pitched to you at our E5 company meeting and appreciate that you did not fire me on the spot for pitching an idea for a quite controversial game.

Regards

Bob Burger

>it basically plays like if Yakuza had 4-players
>first two months and three weeks are spent around town running errands and levelling up
>first four days of school are spent planning Friday and planting essentials from your inventory chest
>final day is spent shooting up key individuals who never did anything about the bullying and finally you have a one on one with your bully at the school rooftop

I make a walking simulator that's even shorter than Gone Home and hire myself as a voice actor, paying myself all the remaining budget for my golden voice.

Hotline miami 3: columbine

I think Alien: Isolation already stole this idea.