What's the excuse this time? For DQ VII, the excuse was that "music didn't loop properly"...

What's the excuse this time? For DQ VII, the excuse was that "music didn't loop properly", even though it was literally only one track that didn't seamlessly loop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kkZu8xj3lvs
youtube.com/watch?v=6YgD4oldM04
youtube.com/watch?v=l3sG1ehxPO8
youtube.com/watch?v=O2GM-DJm0ng
jiaponline.org/documents/Jun14AdALLSignatoriesLIST.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=4TwhD8e1oZM
youtube.com/watch?v=sJlo--rpDOY
youtube.com/watch?v=VuXNFknKF_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kbx0cYxcfxM
youtube.com/watch?v=TpaikxVRLrI&index=13&list=PLw_jXS6lo-Zt8kwRpjHkrCbHw5Ex7_lWk
woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq7andios/mp3/16. Fighting Spirit.mp3
youtu.be/AEm1P2GhExY?t=345
youtube.com/watch?v=6cqt3j35SP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares, it will be patched on 3dsiso instantly just like VII. Only people bothered by this are newfags who didn't hack their 3ds

>Piratefaggots
None valid opinion.

just play it for free on pcsx2. Fuck nintoddlers, they deserve the shit they eat every days.

>literally no sources
>OP isn't banned for being a faggot
>people actually try to cite neogaf as a source when the posts in question are just a couple words and no documentation

My uncle works for Nintendo and they said DQ8 is being cancelled on the localization to bring us another Chocobo Dungeon.

who honestly cares

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my orchestrated soundtrack :^)

I can't say I like it, but piratefags will look for any reason to justify pirating a game anyways

At least the voice acting is still there...I was sure they'd gut that too.

>this much denial

It was literally confirmed in PAX, son.

Actually I don't need any reason, I pirate because I like to play for free and nobody can't stop me.

Don't get your hopes up, I wouldn't be surprised if they severely cut the amount of voiced dialogue in this version.

The Dragon Quest composer is a Japanese nationalist who thinks Nanking never happened and baka gaijins don't deserve to listen to his glorious Nipponese compositions.

Look it up, it's actually true.

This is good news. The Jap OST for the PS2 was so much better than the US version. Orchestrated video game music is shit. I can't think of a single game that has benefited from it.

>What's the excuse this time?

Having to pay royalties to the orchestra is my bet.

Couldn't care less, preordered and paid off.

This.

And why should I give a flying fuck about the political view of an artist as long as I like his art you gigantic faggot?

Is this too much " problematic " for you? Go and make a fucking reddit post.

>justify

Because I want to play it without paying for it, lol.

Then why was the Japanese version of 8 the one with synthesized music while the rest of the world got an orchestrated soundtrack?

I'd heard that, but even if it is true, does he actually have enough clout to force a change like that?

I guess we'll see. At the very least I just hope they don't cut any of what's already there.

I'm enjoying DQVII, and the lack or orchestral music is by no means a deal breaker, just kind of a bummer, especially if it's over something like racism.

Yet Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest VIII (PS2 release) retained their original soundtracks. How do you explain this?

mario galaxy aka the best game of the past generation

This mentality is why gawker was able to stay in business for so long, never any fact checking and just writing clickbait.

You're not allowed to stream those games. That was the tradeoff.

Every fucking thread. Stop egging them on.

>games with seven sequels

having garbage tier tastes

youtube.com/watch?v=kkZu8xj3lvs

youtube.com/watch?v=6YgD4oldM04

youtube.com/watch?v=l3sG1ehxPO8

Wait, is the Japanese version getting the orchestral music, or is everyone fucked?

Japanese got the orchestra version we got on PS2.

We're getting the synth they got on PS2.

Which is kinda weird.

I would be extremely ok with a Chocobo Dungeon for the 3DS

They got the orchestral version, since they never had it on the PS2.

There's gonna be a patched .cia within about 10 minutes of the game coming out here if you dislike the other version that much. Personally I like both so whatever.

When you're orchestrated sampled instruments it's almost always a direct gain in quality.

DQVII and VIII didn't have chiptunes. You're hearing a violin either way, it's just you're either getting a shitty synth rendition, or a live one.

Give a source that isn't Kotaku you cum slurper

youtube.com/watch?v=O2GM-DJm0ng

Okay, thank you. Never buying it then.

They kiked us with DQVII, and now they're kiking us again.

I was already on the fence with the 3DS version since it outright looks worse than what i played on the PS2 over 10 years ago, but the localizers screwing with people is just the cherry on top.

SquareEnix always comes up with a way to screw the western fanbase with some kind of change. All these conspiracy theories about Sugiyama or licensing rights are easily proven wrong as past games have had orchestrated music, Sugiyama still gets paid if its orchestrated or not and the synth music for Dragon Quest VII actually took more effort than just using the orchestrated tracks.

No, the more logical assumption is that someone on the localization team decided to change it. And because of the secrecy of SquareEnix, we will never know why that was.

One thing I do want to point out however is that on the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII, it uses a combination of synth and orchestrated music. For example, in the starting city, the music for the daytime and in cutscenes is orchestrated. While the song played at night is synth. This makes little sense even for the Japanese release. But it sounds like something SquareEnix would do.

Why the hell would you play the 3DS version int he first place when you can just emulate it?

because nintendofags

New characters, whatever else is new, portability.

Who cares about this treeless censored nintendo approved version

>since it outright looks worse than what i played on the PS2 over 10 years ago,
No fucking shit, it's a 3DS game what did you expect?

The only games in the west to get the orchestrated music were VIII, which was well before Sugiyama lost his shit and Heroes, which explicitly forbid people from streaming it or uploading it without crediting Sugiyama.

There are people out there who believe the 3DS is more powerful than a PS2.

did the PS2 game have the same VAs from Heroes?

The PS2 version is pretty good so I don't see any problem

>MIDI SHIT AGAIN
JESUS SHIT! YOU SON OF A BITCH!

DQVII had visual improvements over the original release, but DQVIII looks worse, and for my region, will fucking sound worse.

It's just an inferior product.

IIRC Yangus' VA was the same for Heroes but Jessica was someone different.

jiaponline.org/documents/Jun14AdALLSignatoriesLIST.pdf

Letter from the Japanese government to the Washington Post with Japanese government officials denying the war crimes of Nanking. You'll see the DQ composer's name (Koichi Sugayima) listed under the signatories as the guy who started the movement.

I'm totally fine with that, he's a bro.

>nintendo wants the youtube audience

DQVII was a late PS1 game that looked like an early PS1 game, DQVIII was one of the best looking games on the PS2, and you're a fucking idiot.

It's not hard to make VII look better because it was probably the fucking ugliest game to come out in 2000/2001. VII 3D is also a remake. VIII 3D is an enhanced port.

Much like Dragon Quest I+II and III on the Gameboy Color in comparison to the SuFami versions. They're uglier, but they're also portable and have extra shit.

How am I a fucking idiot for not wanting to buy a downgraded port?

I told you I was on the fence since the beginning. There were some marginal changes that piqued my interest in the 3DS version, but the localization alterations just seals the deal. Never getting my fucking money.

You seem oddly defensive that I'm not willing to open my wallet for this.

>The only games in the west to get the orchestrated music were VIII, which was well before Sugiyama lost his shit
He made his comments about WW2 decades before that. And you especially never have any evidence as to why Sugiyama is to blame for all of this. Aside from lots of deflection to things that have nothing to do with Dragon Quest. Plus, you keep overlooking that Sugiyama gets paid either way.

youtube.com/watch?v=4TwhD8e1oZM

You're a fucking idiot to expect DQVIII to look better on the FUCKING THREE DEE ESS than the PS2. And you're especially retarded for expecting the same kind of facelift that DQVII got.

When did I say I expected a visual improvement? I just told you that VII did, while VIII is coming out looking worse.

That makes it an inferior product in my opinion, while the audio downgrade just cements.

Do you just want to get into a fucking argument or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=sJlo--rpDOY

I don't give a fuck what you think of the game, I'm calling you a retard for saying something retarded that you keep on trying to backpedal away from.

Looks dope.

It probably would be an inferior product if it didn't include so much more content and QoL improvements.

Though really, the only place it's for sure definitive is Japan.

I didn't say anything retarded. I am saying that this new product that is coming out this year, looks worse than something i played 10 years ago.

I don't give a rat's ass about the hardware limitations it's working with, just by what is being presented to me, is a worse release as a whole. Quit sperging.

From I've seen, the changes are that you can have a new waifu, and monsters appear on the field directly, which is novel, but after all this, they're not getting a dime from me.

The orchestrated music is what made Dragon Quest VIII such a beautiful experience.

FUCK Nintendo. I hope Konami rapes them to death.

New characters, new endings, new shit to do.

Only reason I got VII was due to my disc 2 being fucked.

DQ8 only had the orchestra OST for the western version. The mobile port and the JP 3DS release had the midi soundtrack.

Why are they fighting her in a dungeon and not in the city? Is this some kind of hard mode end game dungeon? I assume so since Hero is wearing Dragovian Armor.

Also

>battle is 5x faster than the PS2 game

Already I'm cumming.

youtube.com/watch?v=VuXNFknKF_Q

But the Japanese are getting the orchestral music here, while the west is getting the midi.

It's retarded.

You had so many examples from FFXV to pick and you decide to post Yoko's Generic Shit #3397

when do morrie and red join anyways? are they optional?

im wondering if they had to alter some cinemas to have them in there.
i'd love to see some yangus x red arguments 24/7 but it almost feels like it would change the game too much.

So Twitch partners can't stream it then, might as well not be streamable in anything that runs ads either.

Worse graphics and musc vs more content and improved gameplay.

>Its all Nintendo's fault!
I'm so tired of explaining how localization works to these idiots...

That was for 7. 8 in Japan always had midi music.

>Hero doesn't super saiyan at 100 Tension.

Dropped.

Not at all. I'm a Nintenbro, but you're deluded if you think Mario Galaxy was that good.

Would you be fine with the music if you didn't know the other version had different music?

Serious question, what is the difference between the two?

Not gonna lie, music is actually a huge part of dq games. Running around towns, dungeons and the world map with shit music is almost a no-buy for me, unless the new content is 11/10.

I'm also curious if the game is adapted around their inclusion at all. Having 50% more characters in your squad seems like a lot of extra writing to bother with though.

I'm seeing minor improvements in gameplay while a direct downgrade in visual and audio content, for a game that I already played 10 years ago.

With VII, it's pretty much just an upgrade all around- assuming you were smart and patched in the correct music.

Now there are pluses and minuses on both ends.

The Japanese are getting orchestral music in the 3DS version. The west is now getting the synth stuff.

The problem is that DQ8 had orchestrated music on the PS2. It was added just for the western release. Now they're removing it specifically from the western release. It is kind of an insult to the west.

But all these theories about why its happening have no way to be confirmed. And sound as farfetched as people thinking Wada specifically was blocking DQ games.

No.

The fact though that one version is getting the good stuff, while the other isn't is a direct kick in the nuts.

Fuck Square.

You know that VII 3D's Japanese OST wasn't even made for the game right? Just fucking download the CD it came from.

pretty sure that was only added in the western version.

holy fuck, its real.
no one can argue "its because the japanese version's orchestrated ost wasn't complete" anymore like people said with dq7.
I'd like to give a giant "fuck you" to everyone who said that.

Everything I've heard points to it being amazing new content. And really, if we got synthed versions of the orchestrated music (like Dragon Quest VII has), then I'd be fine. I'd prefer full orchestrations. But synthed is still way better than MIDI and not the ear cancer people are claiming.

Why is that about Dragon Quest HEROES?

I know, and that's not an argument. They got a perfectly functional orchestral soundtrack.

Don't try and lie about the looping being a major issue. I've had the conversation before. It's unnoticeable unless you know the original stuff by heart.

Can someone give me an actually logical, rational reason as to why they would make the decision to change the music from orchestral to synth for the international release?

Aren't game devs and localization teams always looking for less work to do?

We've waited years for more western DQ support. This is completely insignificant. Don't moan and complain over trivial things after we finally start to get frequent DQ releases. These games are pretty much to test the waters for DQ11.

this

people here are just looking for reasons to complain

I'd like to suggest that spamming SE with e-mails complaining about the lack of orchestrated music would make them change. But with how prideful SquareEnix is as a company, it would be just as likely to make them not release the game at all.

Nigger galaxy is as good as he says. Play it.

At this point, the only reason I can think of is spite.

I could maybe buy that there was a rights issue between the three years from the JP release to now, but as it is, this is inexcusable.

With VII it points to Sugiyama wanting more money or only allowing those recordings for Japan with his fucky copyright.

With VIII, it can either be Sugiyama again OR a space saving issue since VIII is going to have voice acting again and I'm assuming not just in English.

the only thing I can think of is to have more space for voice acting and/or text, since it MIGHT be released in more languages than just English

When it coes to SquareEnix, you have to think of the irrational and illogical. Since it was illogical to avoid releasing Dragon Quest for years anyway. And forcing a ton of name changes and dialects into the games. Them changing the music is actually pretty minor compared to the shit they've been pulling for 2 decades.

>does he actually have enough clout to force a change like that?
Try making a monetized video of DQ Heroes and see who will take it down, it won't be SE

>Just grin and bare getting spat in the face, if you do, you might get a few trickles of new content that you can also spend money on

Fuck you.

I really hope the reason they keep fucking us over isn't because of some retarded chauvinist

Apparently the guy who made the music is extremely protective of it.

>With VII it points to Sugiyama wanting more money or only allowing those recordings for Japan with his fucky copyright.
Which makes no sense, no matter how many times you say it. Sugiyama gets paid no matter if its the orchestrated version or the synth version. Plus, you have yet to ever post something backing up your claims, yet keep claiming its a fact.

There's no reason other than DQ doesn't sell much in the west that the music isn't included. Isn't it the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra? Probably cost more than they're willing to spend. It's not going to get new fans to buy if the orchestrated soundtrack was included.

I'm so tired is reading Nintendefence Force replies written by idiots.

But go ahead. Enlighten us, oh "Wise and Learned One". How does removing the Orchestrated music from the Japanese 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII and replacing it with sub-par Synth benefit anyone during/after the localization process?

Don't mind that I won't hold my breath for a sensible or reasonable reply.

Post yfw they release the orchestrated soundtrack internationally anyway

as a $3.99 DLC

>It's not going to get new fans to buy if the orchestrated soundtrack was included.
But it will cause some fans of the original PS2 game to not buy it in anger.

>SquareEnix caring about its fans

True.

Your point?

There's existed a fully functional orchestral soundtrack to DQVIII that was already in a western release. DQVII's soundtrack was written for a concert, but you're telling me there's major rights issues for a 10 year old recording that already made it to the west?

>live
>video game
user, that's not how it works.

He gets paid either way, sure. But it's the same reason a game like Mega Man 8 has a music track replaced that was made for the game. Sugiyama is incredibly anal about copyright and for VII he probably only allowed the songs from the CD to be used on the Japanese 3DS release, since they weren't even on the fucking mobile version.

>bought a copy of the PS2 disk for VIII three months ago

should I even bother?

Live instruments versus virtual instruments. It's a technical term. It has nothing to do with live concert-style recordings.

Their political view is why you're not getting their soundtrack in the first place, genius

You claimed it was Nintendo's fault that orchestrated music was being replaced. They have nothing to do with the localization and its someone in SquareEnix who is making the changes. Name changes, dialect changes and yes, the music as well. Nintendo has nothing to do with anything except printing the game and distributing it. Which is why the only change they've been responsible for is changing the logo on the box.

>Don't mind that I won't hold my breath for a sensible or reasonable reply.
Kind of like your post had nothing to do with what I called you out on and was just a string of anti Nintendo rants?

>VII he probably only allowed the songs from the CD to be used on the Japanese 3DS release, since they weren't even on the fucking mobile version.

Yet the same situation is happening with VIII, when it's not a CD recording.

Even that argument (that you pulled from your ass) is falling apart.

The footage is Japanese. They might put it in the western release but based on how things are turning out so far it's more likely they'll just forget about it.

I already said VIII's could potentially be a space issue, since the game is still voice acted and they might just record VA for every language included.

all I wanted were the Monsteres and Rocket Slime spinoffs

fucking why are japanese companies so retarded? Konami, Capcom, and this final fantasy cock sucking company

You mean should you play it? Hell yes. But its my favorite game so I'm obviously bias.

>He gets paid either way, sure.
Then he has no reason to withhold the orchestrated music. Especially since he already allowed it for the PS2 version of the game.

>Sugiyama is incredibly anal about copyright and for VII he probably only allowed the songs from the CD to be used on the Japanese 3DS release, since they weren't even on the fucking mobile version.
>probably

So now you're not so sure. Then can you do us a favor and stop spamming unsupported rumors?

Don't forget Sega.

And Dragon Quest VII is selling out everywhere. If this isn't enough of a sign for SquareEnix to localize the other 3DS games, then I honestly don't think anything will be.

Very fucking convenient (and totally not contrived) excuse for the same situation to happen twice back to back for the western release.

VII is because of some potential rights issue (that there is no proof of), and VIII might be because of some space issue (that there is no proof of).

Because it uses his music, the worst is that you can't even use the music on any videos even if you don't make money from videos or anything, Sugiyama really is a faggot

well I meant bother with the 3ds version

I'm already knee deep in hundreds-hours RPGS I wanna play, why can't I have my own pocket dimension I can step into and out of without using real world time

Well until we get an official confirmation, we don't know. However, we do know Sugiyama is a crazy asshole who compares music copyright to human rights, so...

>I'd heard that, but even if it is true, does he actually have enough clout to force a change like that?
From what I've read he still has his old contract from the Enix days which gives him all the rights the music he makes.

Can just one person who keeps blaming Sugiyama for everything just post a link of where you got this from? All I see is a huge string of conspiracy theories being stated as fact. Its like Rosewell in here. "The lack of evidence is evidence itself!"

I want them to release Terranigma since that was an Enix game (or all three).

Honestly that's just what I'm thinking at this point. The composer's just a faggot.

There's no proof of anything, but with the fact that the same situation is happening to VIII, half the reasons people thought VII went through with the change are falling apart.

Some people thought it was because VII's soundtrack was done specifically for a concert, so there may have been some crazy weird rights thing, but VIII's music was made for the game, and put in the western release 10 years ago.

We gotta bombard Square Enix HQ in Japan with mail for them to release the Dragon Quest games they had hostage for so long.

>Square Enix
>Releasing any Enix games besides Star Ocean

You poor guy

We occasionally get Valkyrie Profile stuff.

could have sworn this fuckhead stabbed himself with a dagger not a fucking light ball

Since I'm going to be buying it anyway, give me 2 or 3 tracks from VII that I'll be hearing the most so i can decide if I should use my brought copy or a patched cia.

Then what other reason is there that they wouldn't include it? I don't think SE execs are going to flow money into a game and then be like "Let's ruin the music for no reason."

Let me rephrase that

>getting anything that's not Tri-Ace in a post merge Enix

Tri-Ace gets special favors for helping with FF.

The symphonic suite for DQVII and VIII were actually recorded privately and not part of a concert. And even then, Dragon Quest VIII used the direct recording in the PS2 game, and wasn't blocked by anyone at the time. So why would they suddenly block the same recording now? And only for the west? Its still being used in the Japanese version.

It would be far more logical that some chucklefuck on the localization team decided to change it and not Sugiyama. Sugiyama is going to get paid either way.

Who gives a shit? You act as if China don't eat their own women, but you act as if the rape nanking were any worse. Every fucking thread about this subject, this queer ass lefty tries to guilt shame about war attrocities like a fucking jew.

Mario Kart 8

>I don't think SE execs are going to flow money into a game and then be like "Let's ruin the music for no reason."
Nor would they purposefully remove a the key reason a game was remade. Or lie about a games combat engine and release it as being the exact opposite. Or lie about the release date of a game.

...oh wait.

That and Super Mario 3D World were Big Band, not Orchestra.

guess i should chime in.
dq8 3ds japanese isn't the same recording as dq8 ps2 english.
3ds version is actually a much higher quality.

A big band is an orchestra. A jazz orchestra.

t. musician.

Mad whale inhaler detected. Don't you have a ritual suicide to commit?

but both voice acting and an orchestra sound like crap on the 3ds anyway

Ok, the scale is much toned toned down from Galaxy and Galaxy 2. 3D World and MK8 were both recorded in a sound booth, not by a giant orchestra.

Anything sounds like crap through the 3DS' speakers. Wouldn't you want the highest quality crap you could get, though?

ITT: Cred Forums realizes that often there's no perfectly logical reason for things to happen, or even logical at all

The fact that it's probably some decision made by a bumbling chucklefuck is the stupidest part.

How much you wanna bet one of the localizers is one of these morons who inherently think orchestral music sucks?

>WE WUZ LIBERATIN' AYSHAH N' SHIT FROM DOSE NASTY GAIJINS GRR FUKKEN ZAINICHI AND CHINKS

>mfw this thread

I already preordered DQ8 for 3DS. It's fucking portable DQ8 with new shit. Fucking babies.

For MK8, it was an okay choice however. Since you only need 3-4 instruments to play 'jazz'. Let alone the 40 they used.

>Composer, b.1931
Well shit, it's him. Fuck.

A DQVIII that looks worse and sounds worse. Sure, you're getting a new hat, but the suit's all fucked.

>DQ8 for 3DS features voice acting, WHICH ISN'T NEEDED, but not the music - which is basically the fucking point of DQ post 6.

Seriously?

>Koichi Sugayima will probably die soon
>his tyrannical grip on DQ music will be gone
>Dragon Quest music will go to shit afterwords

Shit sucks. The guy may be genuinely awful, but his music is part of what makes Dragon Quest so good. I can see the series going away after that happens.

>It would be far more logical that some chucklefuck on the localization team decided to change it and not Sugiyama
Actually it wouldn't be, because Sugiyama could step in and say "don't change my fucking music" He could also step in and say "change my fucking music"

Why? It fucking had orchestrated music when it came out here for the first time.

Woah did they seriously patch in the orchestral soundtrack? I never fail to be amazed at what the gbatemp folks can do.

>it's probably some decision made by a bumbling chucklefuck
But how are you so sure?

I'm not sure, but every 'logical' decision I can think of seems to repeatedly not make any sense with each no revelation, so I can only assume there's some level of incompetence.

they patched it before the game was even officially released.
its as simple as unzipping the game and swapping a folder out.

Or spite.

It's far more trouble for the localization team to change the music than to not change it.
>inb4 that bullshit myth about localizers changing random shit on purpose in order to get paid more

ps2 version still the best

why coulnd square do that

Which would be even worse.

If the reason they're screwing with us comes down to "fuck you dirty gaijins" then I don't know what to say.

It also took 100x more effort to implement accents and name chances rather than just keep them the same. Localization groups do things that make no sense. Changing the music is not out of the question.

The name changes were done WELL before this game came out.

They're probably just going pull a Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and all new dialog segment will be silent.

Let's come together and at least be happy that we're talking with other people who also care about the fucking music in a Dragon Quest game.

Weren't they voiced in 2.5?

>we finally get dq11
>we get a midi soundtrack while japan gets full orchestra

I don't remember which scenes were new or not in 2.5 since I haven't played the original 2 in like a decade but in FM for the first game all new scenes were silent.

License issues probably? Hell that's probably the reason why we couldn't get the Original Game Sound Edition version of Project X Zone 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=kbx0cYxcfxM
youtube.com/watch?v=TpaikxVRLrI&index=13&list=PLw_jXS6lo-Zt8kwRpjHkrCbHw5Ex7_lWk

They didn't have a midi soundtrack to replace them with.

Oh look, another weeb proclaiming "Japan wuz a good boy, they dindu nuffin'."

Where is the proof of the second part, exactly? You don't have a lot of hard evidence there.

isn't an orchestra just a really big band?

Dragon Quest VII doesn't use MIDI, it uses an original Synth version of the orchestration. So much for that theory.

Alright, I just grabbed the english symphonic undub rom of Dragon Quest VII.
Are there any other rom hacks or fan-patched 3DS titles that are better than the original?

What the does NA version of the Battle theme sound like?

>undub
but there's no dub in the game to un

woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dq7andios/mp3/16. Fighting Spirit.mp3

youtu.be/AEm1P2GhExY?t=345
Honestly it still sounds pretty good but not as good as the orchestral version.
Much better than 8's original midi ost.

idc, on that 3ds rom site they call everything an undub when they revert something back to the nip version. reverted censorship? undub.

Actual undubs in general if that's your thing (RF4, etc).
Star Sapphire / Rutile Ruby instead of ORAS (with lewd mod if that's your thing)

>reverted censorship? undub.
but that's not what an undub is and the people on that site are fucking morons.

>Red could have used flails since she gives Yangus hers in the original game
>instead she uses Knives(Swords), Whips and Fans making her a second Jessica
>not even just exclusively knives instead of knives into swords and making useful knives in order to keep them relevant

but it literally can't be an undub because the japanese version never had voice acting in the first place

US DQ8 is probably the only game where the english version is outright superior

>orchestrated soundtrack
>voice acting
>more interesting menus
>super saiyan hero

Why do the visuals look so shitty? Is the 3ds seriously weaker than a fucking ps2?

It used to be not uncommon for games that get released later in new regions to have minor to major touch ups.

Look at Animal Crossing. The western version was so good, that it was retranslated back into Japanese as a special edition.

I forgot to mention that the funny thing is, now the same shit is happening, but these fuckers are making the games /worse/.

l o l

>Is the 3ds seriously weaker than a fucking ps2?
you be the judge

but the answer is yes

>Is the 3ds seriously weaker than a fucking ps2?
yes

FE Fates undub + swimsuits restoration + forbidden love
Tales of the Abyss with voiced skits
I really wish there was a romhack to restore the butchered secondary questlines in Bravely Second, fuck.

dragon warrior nes was better than dragon quest and had a bunch of little improvements.

Those were removed from Bravely Second because even fucking Japan disliked them. Infact, that's the key reason they were removed. Why would you want something that the people who got it even said was shit outside of "It's not fair they get something I don't!"

>everyone gets a costume now
>except jessica who gets like 5 more on top of the 5 she already had

nice balancing

Because it was in another version and he wants to experience the game the way it originally was fucking released.

Stop being a shill.

because I want to be the judge of whether or not something is shit myself

The 3DS version is for waifufags. They're literally adding a marriage option for her.

Because I've read about what was changed and want it the original way? I know they aren't popular but that wasn't the point of my post.

>DQ 8
I have it on my PS2 backlog. Currently replaying through Okami.
Is it worth playing DQ 8 next, over FF X / Disgaea?

yes

DQVIII is the best RPG on PS2. Which says a lot.

8's is a cd recording too though. The Symphonic Suite of 8 is what they used for the original western 8.

Yes, but only if you like fun

It still made its way into the game, and is making its way into the Japanese version.

Something retarded is going on.

So how do I access the treasure room at the bottom floor in the desert castle?

Weaker in some spots, stronger in others.

In this case I think Nintendo and SE are just being cheap with the soundtrack royalties.

I have never heard of a single instance of this happening elsewhere.

With DQVIII in particular, there isn't a huge three year gap between releases, so it's not like we're left to wonder if something changed between then and now.

>midi OST was better than the Orchestrated version
You are out of your fucking mind.

>if you didn't know the other version had different music
>IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE OTHER VERSION HAD DIFFERENT MUSIC

I've heard the synth soundtrack the Japanese PS2 version had. I wouldn't like it even if all regions got it.

The fact that mine specifically is, is a huge middle finger.

samefag

>not even just exclusively knives instead of knives into swords and making useful knives in order to keep them relevant
Is this supposed to be english?

It is.

Lemme break it down for you

>Red uses Knives just like Jessica
>Also just like Jessica, at 30 Knives skill, she can use swords
>Knives aren't relevant in DQ8 because swords are just plain better
>They didn't make it where Red exclusively uses just knives instead of upgrading to swords, and didn't make it where knives stay relevant in some form by making new ones that match up to other equipment in the same rank

Stupid sexy Evil Jessica.

>with lewd mod if that's your thing
what do you mean with that?

>2016
>Owning gaming hardware not made by Sony
Top cuck. You get what you deserve.

It's licensing issues.

>Sony
>gaming hardware
Good joke

The reason we're not getting the soundtrack is because of his political view you fucking mouthbreather.

What if I don't care and just want to play a,fun game?

The west could get it 10 years ago, and Japan can get it now, but the west can't get it again?

Then you're probably better off playing the PS2 version, which you can emulate right fucking now.

But I don't care.

True Dragon Quest fans moved to PlayStation back in 2000 (along with just about every gamer lol)

What DQ we got on PS4
>DQ Builders
>DQ Heroes
>DQ Heroes 2
>DQ XI (the definitive version)
>All in 1080p (4K coming soon) 60fps

DQ "games" Nintenshits got on 3dshit
>Downgraded censored VIII
>Cut content "localized" VII
>Shitty Monster remakes that no one wants
>Shitty weeaboo rhythm game no one wants
>all 240p in 2016

It's absolutely clear where the real gamers, and the true DQ fans stand. Keep your Nintenshit away from us.

About anything?

You a nihilist?

He's a false DQ fan (aka a Nintenbrony) ignore and report him.

Weakest trolling in a thread devoted to trolls.

Red looks super cute in the outfit, holy shit.

>He doesn't agree with me
>Better call him a non-fan and falsely report him
Ladies and gentlemen, white people.

I didn't realize we had so many fake DQ fans on Cred Forums. Reported :)

Your whiteness is showing.

>announcing your reports

>90% of Dragon Quest games are on a Nintendo platform
>Nintendo fans are the problem and the only good DQ games are on Sony systems

You're argument is so sound I can't help but agree!

Reported :)

>caring about platform wars
when you will stop being a child?

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""gamers""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
wew lad

>Console wars happen after midnight now
Fucking Europeans found Midnight Cred Forums.

Both are licensing issues. Or "Issues" I should say, as they don't want to pay the rights for it. Even if they wanted to they'd probably have to clear it with Koichi Sugiyama, who hates foreigners and compares music copyrights to human rights.

But are we getting DQ monsters?

>Nintenchild calling me a child
You will die :)

LOL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EPIC EPIN EBIN MY NINTENBROOOOOOOOO LET'S GOT SHIT UP SOME SONY THREADS WHAT DO YOU SAY? AFTER THAT WE CAN SHITPOST IN VITAGEN TOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
kys

why does everyone want to kiss me so much?

What rights would they have to pay?

Seriously, the Japanese version and western version are coming out basically back to back. I have never in my life heard of a company changing music like this because it would cost money, or some shit.

I would buy the Sugiyama thing, though, but I don't think it has anything to do with some orchestral wanting extra cash.

>All these incoming flamewar bans

their new audience would be triggered by white man music

>by white man music
U2?

Orchestra is preformed by an out-of studio company who, unless they form a contract signing away their rights to their performance, would otherwise own said performance. In this case, the performance is the Orchestra soundtrack, and SE would have to pay to reuse it. Given how both VII and VIII have not used the orchestra soundtrack outside of one appearance, they most likely do not own the rights and it's cheaper to pay for synth or MIDI.

As for Koichi, any game that uses his orchestra performance came with a "no streaming the music" clause so he definitely has huge headway in the localization rights.

Japan is getting the orchestral soundtrack in their 3DS version of VIII, the west isn't.

The west got it 10 years ago, Japan is getting it now, but we are not.

I have never heard of a single instance like this where a game had to alter its music because paying for it between regions would be too expensive.

>Japan is getting
you mean got

>paying for it between regions would be too expensive
There is no evidence that this is the reason they didn't bring over the music. Stop spouting theories as fact.

I'm not saying that though. I'm outright questioning the validity of it.

>For example, in the starting city, the music for the daytime and in cutscenes is orchestrated.

Wait, what? I have to check that out now, I played it when it came out and didn't notice that.

>I really wish there was a romhack to restore the butchered secondary questlines in Bravely Second, fuck.

Those "secondary questlines" were literally just witholding a bonus epilogue scene from you until your second playthrough, the only change they made was allowing you to see the conclusion to your choices without having to replay the game and make the same choices again.

I don't know, all the changes/additions seemed really nice to me, but I never played the PS2 version so I can't really compare. I kind of want to play the PS2 version next time, and while I could live without some of the extras, no instant alchemy, and no Morrie and Gelda on my team would really suck.

>The mobile port and the JP 3DS release had the midi soundtrack.

No, the 3DS version had the orchestral soundtrack.

Morrie joins after you beat the S rank in the coliseum. Gelda/Red joins after you beat the pirate captain's ghost.

They'll have lines in scenes now and then. During the part where everyone gets locked up, the two of them just happen to not get caught and are waiting for you with Trode when you get back out.

youtube.com/watch?v=6cqt3j35SP0

Its far more than just nighttime. I count three different songs in this video which are synth (pub song, night town theme, night overworld theme). While I count seven that are orchestra (Oh Lonely Boy, Go tombo go!, prologue, town theme day, overworld theme, battle theme, church theme).

Remember, this is the Japanese release. But it shows that the synthed music isn't really that far off from the orchestration. In fact, it is the exact same as the orchestration in composition. Just not using real instruments.

Come on, buddy. You aren't gonna take a simple thing like a ban lying down are you? Say something.

>tfw this is caused by some xenophobic atrocity denying piece of shit
>tfw there are actual fucking retards that think Nintendo is out to get them