Main character has amnesia

>Main character has amnesia

>Everyone has amnesia

> jontron is Graham

Can this be done well?

in the shitty indie game I'm making you wake up robbed of your identity after a teleporter accident—no name, no face, no hair, no distinguishing features at all.

>game starts off in a helicopter or something
>crashes
>main character his help to feet

As long as you don't pull the "YOU WERE THE VILLAIN ALL ALONG/YOU CAUSED ALL OF THIS MESS/THE GUY YOU'RE CHASING IS YOURSELF!!!" thing that 99% of stories with MC amnesia in them do, you're good.

>main character in Amnesia

You do realize WHY main characters need to have Amnesia, right?

It wouldn't make sense to take a MC that's already familiar with all the rules of game he's in and for the game to explain the world he already knows about

Why bother giving them amnesia if those aren't the plot twists?

The actual plot twist is that you aren't the last living human, you're all of humanity stuffed into one body

Its like this?"Your led to believe your the prisoner when really your the warden"

They should try doing this.

Have a JRPG where....they don't explain the world. Just focus on the gameplay and story

They DID do this

Final Fantasy XIII was widely criticized for not explaining anything about the world its in. You need to explain the world to the people who play the videogame, and you need a story reason to have the explanation take place

Hiding it in some optional story log just doesn't work unless your name is Dark Souls.

Can this NOT be done well? Memory loss is easily the most effective way to immerse the player into the protagonist's role while introducing both to the world he inhabits.

It's predictable as fuck

>main character his help to feet
Can you please repeat that in English please

>Main character has amnesia, never talks, and is completely irrelevant to the plot

>Hiding it in some optional story log just doesn't work unless your name is Dark Souls.

Amen. Cred Forums's double standards with the dark souls videogame piss me off so much

>"I-ITS OKAY IF FROM DOES IT"

Preach it brother.

>Main character has amnesia about his amnesia

Shit was the stupidest thing ever.

You misunderstand me, simpleton.

Dark Souls handles minimalistic storytelling very well. FROM's probably the only company that knows how to capitalize on low budget storytelling. The story doesn't have a high budget but you never really feel that in the game.

Rightfully so, considering their ATROCIOUS storytelling with the Armored Core franchise.

>it was a fromdrone
jej

My opinion on why not automatically giving you the full story up front works so well in the Souls series is because it gives you just enough understanding to experience the game and not question it. Like in Dark Souls, you know you got to kill the big bad guys trying to kill you and rekindle the fires so the age of fire doesn't end. Ok, so I'm good and they're bad, that's enough for me.

So when you play through it and start to question things like "well why are they bad" there's hints and clues hidden away for you to find and piece together. Again everything isn't handed to you.

Idk, I'm really just speaking out of my ass because i love DaS

>sequel
>intro gives shitty reason why you lost all your cool high level stuff and abilities from the first game
>"you died and were resurrected"
>"you got fat and are out of shape"
>"your house with all the cool stuff in it burned down"

You just described the Witcher series.

But user, Elma does lots of things?

>main character has amnesia
>villain uses this to his advantage and convinces him that the good guys are the bad guys
>that mid game twist when main character realizes he's been played

>main character has amnesia
>doesn't use japanese reaction image

why are you so mad user? this is pathetic

>getting triggered by someone saying Dark Souls is good

wow.

Just because something is predictable doesn't mean it's not interesting.

all me

No game will get it right.

Fuck both of you, Cyber Sleuth did the "everyone has amnesia" trope brilliantly

come on user, venom wasn't a terrible snake

>Protag remembers his past
>It's just deciding who he was before the story, and it doesn't even matter in the plot

only E.Y.E did it right

>op posts johntron

>entire game dont real. All a dream/fantasy/brainwash/mental disorder etc