At what point did you realize gaming 4+ hours per day is actually a problem that holds you back from accomplishing life...

At what point did you realize gaming 4+ hours per day is actually a problem that holds you back from accomplishing life objectives & learning valuable skills and hobbies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE
youtube.com/watch?v=UORGPjmxcb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Accomplishing life objectives & learning valuable skills and hobbies is actually a problem that holds me back from gaming 4+ hours a day

Prove me wrong.

Fresh 18 year old here, currently failing all of my classes in senior year. Eleven out of twelve allowed absences so far and it's the beginning of the year. Should i NEET? I can pass if i want, just extremely lazy

>4 hours+

casuals please leave Cred Forums

About 2 months ago, when I was grinding to beat all the super bosses in Xenoblade Chronicles X. So I buckled down and started applying for some jobs, got back to studying Japanese, working out, etc.

Putting 250 or so hours in this game made me realize what a time-sink games can be if not played in moderation.

Im in the military so whenever I'm not doing school shit I play video , which is a lot

Accomplishing life objectives & learning valuable skills & hobbies will benefit you in life for your whole life. Gaming accomplishes nothing but entertainment for the duration. In the end when you walk away from gaming, you have accomplished nothing that really matters.

All those hardcore MMO raiders... They put so much time & value into virtual equipment. If the WoW servers were shut down tomorrow, hundreds of hours of time would be rendered meaningless, because ultimately it is.

I was 30 years old when I was finally diagnosed with depression and aspergers. In light of that, I think the constant videogame playing is more of a symptom than a problem in itself.

if you enjoy the poorfag life go for it faggot

just remember there's no turning back and you will always been seen as a failure by everyone, including yourself

but maybe if you save up your neetbux you can afford a ps3 with one game

How did you go that long without your autism being detected?

>gaming 4+ hours per day
But I don't.

Well, I used my Chinese video games to get a job as a translator and achieved that.

I keep asking myself that. My dad is obviously borderline and my mum has spent years working with autistic kids, you'd think they'd spot it.

Incidentally, I've had bad eyesight since I was about 8, didn't get glasses til I was 12. No-one noticed me squinting all the time. Bad eyesight runs in my dad's family, all the men in his family have glasses, and yet no-one noticed that for years either.

/blog

Ultimately we all die rendering all we do meaningless.

>In the end when you walk away from gaming, you have accomplished nothing that really matters.

In the grand scheme nothing you do matters.

Leave the world alone and let people spend their lives as they wish.

Faggot.

>implying they're still making games good enough to keep me glued to the screen for 4+ hours
The developers actually forced me to accomplish some of my life goals bc the alternative would be to play their shitty games

You should try to find the fun in life. If anything's going to help you be successful in life it's a good mood and being happy and active.

I mean if you feel extremely lazy that tells me you're very unmotivated, generally don't know what you want and should do some changes with your life.

Being a 'neet' can mean being a ski bum or a surfer bum who does seasonal work just to get by and fuel their true passions for an instance.

Ultimately we all have to discover this shit on our own though.

If anything I wished I had the time for vidya. All this "accomplishing" and no time to enjoy the results.

>tfw I have to adjust from gaming all day to working 5 days a week full time

The closest thing to a point in life is to have fun and enjoy it while it lasts. Everything else is meaningless.

If I enjoy playing vidya, then I should keep doing so, as long as it doesn't ruin me and make me sad in the long term, which it won't considering everything is just as worthless as I will die and my existence will have meant nothing to me.

If you're a hardcore MMO raid leader, you could put that on your resume if you cherrypick your words right. That's how Tigole a hardcore Everquest nerd got his job at Blizzard and ending up making WoW.

still don't care about marriage or having kids so I haven't realized it yet, that leaves more than enough time for work and getting shit done around the house

but i have a ps4 with multiple games

Seriously, I want to accomplish so I can enjoy myself. I have like 4 hours a day to enjoy myself total if I want to sleep well enough to not be miserable the next day at work.

grownups type 'and'

Playing games is a life objective. Sitting on Cred Forums is the real timesink.

I wish I could not care about that. It eats my up inside

Escapism, relaxation and an entertaining experience count for something.

It's highly dubious to say that you know something about what sounds like a rhetorical question.

I've had plenty of irreplaceable experiences watching movies and listening to music, and video games incorporates both those mediums.
You're just projecting because you have shit taste.

I'll be honest, i'm lazy because i have a negative attitude
I have no friends, no social life
Pretty much everyday afterschool all i have to look forward to is coming home and playing my ps4 until i go back to sleep, and repeat
i've always wanted to have friends, go out often, have a gf so i can have this positive mood youre talking about
but i just cant

I dont understand this. I mean pretty much everyone has free time right? Like so what if someone chooses to spend that time playing games.

thats why im a game dev, work from home and play/make videogames all day. sucks to be you

you need to graduate highschool user, if you don't you have the same qualifications of a second grader, it'll be worth it in the long run. can't NEET forever seeing as your parents will die before you most likely

I have no choice but to play vidya all day, I've tried everything, meetups, clubs when I was in college, shit even moving half away across the fucking world. Done it all, haven't found any meaningful relationships, girlfriends, anything worthwhile.

>Then you're the problem!

No, the problem is I can never meet anyone like me. Why do I have to like sports and shit? Why the fuck do I have to care about the Walking Dead? Or Apple Picking festivals, or anything else like that? Every time I try this shit I'm bored to tears. I can't help that.

Then just fucking talk to people. Seriously, there's no magic trick, you just walk right up to them and strike conversation. Ask them if they like vidya, etc. Just fucking do it you giganormous faggot.
I believe in you, user, you can do this

i'll try user
16/22 credits
school from 8 AM- 6:30 PM
my motivation will quickly diminish i assume

I am actually preparing myself for my future and all that, studying, job experiences, etc. I do have friends, but I am the type that likes to have few but very close friends

but I am actually suffering from depression and anxiety that I will fuck up anyway. I am taking therapy and meds for it.

Sometimes I wonder if I am just playing games to distract myself from it.

I can be your friend

Get accepted to college, then stop giving a shit and fail

>I just cant
Sure you can user! Challenge those negative thoughts and grow as a person! Get off Cred Forums and live your life!get out underaged
Yeah but it doesn't hijack your 'progress' pathways that literally burns out your reward system. This is why people who play game often stop after awhile if they aren't moderate in playing, 'burnout' occurs when you are playing more than you would like to and expecting more pleasure from the game but your brain is stretched to the limits. This is why MMOs added features to discourage playing past a certain point a week, to get you doing other things so you can enjoy the game longer and give them money longer.
>fun
I think the key word is really 'satisfying'. Past a certain point in life your brain is full on 'gotta take care of kids' mode so the only way to be okay with that is to keep busy in some involving activity and balance out your life so you have new things coming down the pipe.

>I am suffering from depression

Hahahahahha.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

You and every other faggot to exist these days, dude.

What state are you from man? Illinois here.

>Yeah but it doesn't hijack your 'progress' pathways that literally burns out your reward system.

To be fair, TV, movies, internet, etc. hijack your reward system too. It's the instant gratification that comes from them which does this.

Some of the best advice you'll get is working out. Maybe you find lifting weights boring but playing a sport, hiking, climbing, biking, surfing or whatever are all very good options.

Hiking or backpacking can be loads of fun for anyone for an instance.

If you want to stop being autistic being highly active like that can really help on your spirits and general mood. Everyone should pack up a tent and do a 2 or 3 day hike at least once in their life.

The only real problem anyone has is the effort that comes down to you, to bother to make these positive adjustments for yourself, so you'll be a little less of a depressing shit tomorrow than you are today.

I'm not an aspie or anything, i can talk to people it's just i feel as though i'm boring as shit, i'm not funny at all or interesting at all
sounds like a plan
>challenge those negative thoughts
how though? do i wake up and tell myself to be in a positive mood today? i like your advice and how youre trying to save me from this shithole btw, but i keep coming back to Cred Forums

>he believes anything he does matters

i tried lifting, but just got made fun of and asked if what i was lifting was 5 pounds because i weigh 100lbs(not joking) and gave up because i was burning more than what i was taking in calorie wise
im a good natty, but looking like a skeleton doesnt do shit for me

>I can pass if i want, just extremely lazy

Figure yourself out and try to make small positive adjustments every day or every week. Even if it isn't fixes that will help you get right into something, the small steps needed to help you get there are just as important.
Like that things tend to even themselves out over periods of time. You've just got to hang in there and not kill yourself or whatever like some melodramatic faggot.

Listening to good music often helps a lot as well.

I wish it were so. Instead I'm spending 4 hours a day on the internet reading others complain about why they hate video games. Fuck idk wtf I'm do anymore these days..

Do we even have moderators anymore?

Like ten years ago.

So now I only sleep four hours a night so I can play vidya and be useful.

About 27 years old (I'm 29 now).

I'm pretty sure emo blog faggotry crying about being a loser belongs on /r9k/.

Unless you love hanging out with your parents don't NEET. Join the military or something. Do that for a bit then maybe uni if you feel like it. Gotta make your 20s count then you can relax part time job in your 30s and do whatever the fuck you want.

The same time I realized I didn't care.

what symptoms did/do you have if you don't mind me asking?

nah.

at least get some sort of formal education to your name. it's just high school, like you said it's not too hard. If you really wanna neet life, waste a year after you graduate and then decide if that's what you rather do instead of going to uni.

I tried NEETing right after highschool. It was fun doing nothing but anime and video games for a few months but I just couldn't handle how mundane it felt. Went back to school for spring sem.

highschool is fucking easy, we all know this
but i'll explain
lazy because life is boring and the hole i dug myself is too deep to crawl out of
go ahead and call me a dumbass faggot though i know its my fault

Well then just do fun shit instead like martial arts and gymnastics and stuff, like learning how to do flips or do tricks while jumping rope.

Learning to handstand pushups or perfect cartwheels and flips are really good fun goals at least personally speaking.

Effort is a big issue for lots of people. Not only that, keeping it up on a regular basis is tough since you have that old pathway of dumbness still etched in your brain so its easy to switch back to it.
>how
read up on mental health, psychology. The easiest shit to do is meditate. There's evidence that its about as effective as an anti-depressant, can extend telomeres which do all sorts of shit. gitgud
Not even the people on /r9k/ belong there. Thats worse than hell.

>then you can relax part time job in your 30s and do whatever the fuck you want

You think that's what being an adult is like? What makes you think you'll make a living with a part time job?

I think he was implying you save during the years when you are the most impulsive and selfish.

>9am-3pm work
>4pm-6pm socialize
>7pm-9pm free time
>9pm-3am vidya
>3am-8am sleep

What's the problem?

How can you relax with a part time job and still support yourself?

Only when I got into some deep shit. I still visit vidya once in a while, but I definitely can't sink in the time and money anymore. Learned it the hard way.

Careful, OP.

You're going to trigger the passive-aggressive NEETs.

Effort is a big issue for everyone, but that's what I mean by small steps like just buying some skin cream for a condition or plucking your nose hairs.

Point is that positive actions can fuel and accelerate more positive actions.

>he's a wagecuck

>5 hours of sleep
>9-3 work instead of 9-5

good luck finding a good job like that while also being able to function

Judging from your previous posts you should just accept that you're introverted. If you were truly an extroverted person desiring some kind of friendship then you would've achieved your goal already.

I don't want to put words into your mouth or pull bullshit out of my ass, but maybe you should just accept that your way of life is how you subconsciously want to live it. You don't have to put yourself into other peoples shoes and go "they're so happy because they're social, I wish I was happy like them!".

theres nothing wrong with playing video games as much as you like as long as you keep an active healthy lifestyle on the side. I have certain days where I game all day and night and others where I go out and exercise or spend time reading all day.

Isn't that like walking in a snake pit and worrying about snakes?

What about having fun for fun's sake? Not everything has to have some higher purpose mate.

Inability to function socially, carry a conversation, read faces and body language, understand and express emotions, inability to relate to anyone or understand why they care about what they care about, occasional extreme temper tantrums, finding all physical contact entirely uncomfortable, high IQ, minor obsessions (very good at remembering film release dates, actors, and directors. Plus obviously obsessively playing vidya), inability to tell jokes properly, inability to recognise jokes often, aversion of eye contact, sensitive to light. And then the depression is generally apathy, lack of physical activity, avoidance of other people, no self esteem no confidence no sense of self-worth, no belief in anything positive directed at me, constant suicidal thoughts, sometimes refusing to get out of bed for days, sleep cycle completely non-existent. Can't think of anything else right now.

why do I care about accomplishing life objectives & learning valuable skills and hobbies when I get $20k/mo because I won the state lottery?

>have about 10 games with over 1k hours played
>have a 7/10 chick that lives with me who I hired from craigslist to clean up my mess and fuck
I can go on but who gives a shit? this thread triggers the fuck out of me.

5 hours of sleep is enough for me. Back in highschool I slept 3 hours a day.

Also my job is pretty good, just enough to pay the bills, buy vidya, clothes, food and socialize.

haha you have autism

That does sound pretty crazy that you're parents didn't notice sooner. I'd think it would be obvious just from a third of those things, let alone all.

I find the depression one very relatable. Fuck.

>gave up on life
>spends all his days thinking he's the shit
>didn't get the lump sum and invest it
so much wrong was done

user can I please have some of those sweet, sweet NEETbux. All my life is getting cucked into wageslavery and trying to pay off my parents' debts

Playing video games or 4+ hours a day has just made me realize this is all I really want to do and that I can do so very affordably, meaning I don't have to kill myself with stress trying to find something else that fulfills my life.

I say going on Cred Forums wastes my time more than games ever does

Yeah and I don't even have the guts to kill myself lol.

I know. Like I say, I can't work it out. I mean I get why my dad wouldn't notice, he was rarely home for the first 15 years of my life. My best guess is my mum is fucking retarded.

I have a cpa so I can be the shut in loser I always knew that I would become one day.

Save what? What money could you possibly save in that time that would sustain you for any stretch of time?

Pass but don't worry about how much effort you put in just fly by with Cs

High school is incredibly fucking useless. Also avoid the SATs unless you get them for free its a waste of money just go to a Community college then transfer instead of being a goy and falling for the college meme then kids bitch when they get a 50k debt because they wanted to go to some fancy college.

>mum is fucking retarded
could be worse
Everyone around me in school, the teachers, my dad, they all knew something was wrong with me. They put me in the classes to help fix the autism, but my mom signed me out of them.

I was born to be a master tactician, lead men to their deaths, and commit heinous war crimes, but unfortunately these days that is only possible in video games.

Nice excuses user. Pathetic desu..

sure thing, Grant.

How is video games different from any other hobby? How is it different from reading books, writing, watching TV or movies? Why do some people consider playing sports acceptable(which can be dangerous) and video games not?

The answer to that last question is because those people have only ever known sports, they did it in their youth, therefore it's what all youths should be doing.

What is happening is that people think that the only things people should like are the things that they like. If they don't like it, nobody should be doing it. Why do you think video games are always used as a scapegoat? It's because the people attacking video games don't play video games, usually old people who didn't have video games when they grew up.

This is why videogames were invented. Obviously they won't fill some void in your soul if you aren't more or less content already.

Cred Forums is just asking for too much, videogames need a more buddhist state of mind to truly be appreciated.

>watching reality TV during all of your free time is more worthwhile than playing video games

Well don't be a pussy, go to Syria

jesus fuck all the depression symptoms are positive for me and half of your aspergers ones. In fact my dad angrily shouted at me that I must have aspbergers or something last week and I felt very offended but maybe he's not wrong, I just seriously doubt that's the truth. It's not possible to develop asperger later in life is it?

>didn't get the lump sum and invest it
I send $250 to Child's Play Charity each month. fuck investing, it's time to give. This money is going to last me well beyond my lifetime.

I got lucky I bought 10 lottery tickets every Friday otherwise I would be in your shoes as well paying off debts.

Billions of people have died doing nothing significant. I plan on being one of those people.

>have a gf so i can have this positive mood youre talking about
Dont. It will end up making your life even more miserable if she sticks around for more than seven or eight months.

All those excruciating hours of work ... They put so much time & value into their skills and life objectives. If you were to die tomorrow, hundreds of hours of time would be rendered meaningless, because ultimately it is.

>It's not possible to develop asperger later in life is it?
No but expression of symptoms can change over time.

>They put me in the classes to help fix the autism, but my mom signed me out of them.
I'm sorry to hear that user. I don't know if my life would be any different now if I'd had that opportunity, but I don't think it would have hurt.

Its hereditary, however you may be simply retarded which is basically what gets you the autism diagnoses. Asperger's got phased out in the DSM 5

what's the grocery bill this month, champ?

>current college neet
>4.6 avg hours of vidya
>rest is spent just sitting around doing nothing
>slowly losing my mind due to low human interaction
>know once you're done with college shit is gonna hit the fan and you'll need to have a job
I should start living my life but all i do is sit, play minimal vidya and watch youtube the rest of the time
fuck

user I will suck your dick for money. I will cut my balls off on camera if you pay me.

Just point me in the right direction and I will do it for cash.

Giving up on womemes was the best decision I ever made

I guess the real question is why do you think you're losing your mind. You're probably just lonely

farewell and godspeed, user. I am getting off this board for a while.

Fucking niggers

>tfw you are guaranteed a job out of your uni's degree program, but will have no time for vidya

>At what point did you realize gaming 0+ hours per day is actually a problem that holds you back from accomplishing life objectives & learning valuable skills and hobbies?
fixed

>I'm lazy because I have a negative attitude

Yeah, I know that feeling. Been trying to turn it around for the past year and a half via getting a job. Given that out of the 150+ jobs I've applied for I've only been able to get interviews for 3 of them doesn't help, but I just keep trying.

Bottom line: force yourself to not be lazy. Force yourself to finish high school. Force yourself to get a job. Force yourself to go to university, and so on and so forth. It's all about forcing yourself to get up in the first place.

when you say suicidal thoughts, how do they occur in your head? Do you picture doing it? I've gotten into the bad habit of doing that but then instantly my mind goes to my family and how they'd react and then I kind of get mad at myself for even entertaining the idea in my head as though I'd actually even get close to doing it, which I won't and then I conclude that I'm just thinking selfish thoughts.

>tfw it wasn't until you were 28 that someone close to you said, "user, have you ever considered that you might be autistic? i'm not trying to be mean"

>be master poker player on the internet
>beat real poker players because I've seen more games than they have in their entire lives

that's most likely it. that and the fact that i'm gonna have to move out in less than a year in a half. I guess things are just getting to me

>twelve allowed absences

nigga what, we only get three

i am asocial. i go to work, i do my bit, and i leave. getting married and having kids has little appeal to me. i'd rather spend my free time gaming than going to a club.

if i stopped gaming, i'd pick up reading more.

When I realized that I set my goal of drawing at least 2 hours a day more than a year ago and that if I could translate the hours I put into Battlefront into my art skills I would be able to see improvement

Well, pretty much every waking moment I wish I was dead, and several times per hour I picture killing myself in various specific ways.

I never have that whole thing about caring about my family or feeling selfish, I just feel bad about myself for never actually killing myself.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

>Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Did a lot of quirks and weird ticks you have make sense when someone suggested that? Because that's how I felt.

i played so much fucking vidya in my teens, it was honestly detrimental to my life. in college, the only thing that saved me was alcohol and drugs. if it wasn't for that, i would never be social.

after college, i found balance and moderation between fun and not-fun. then i became a human being who could interact with other human beings on a normal level without drugs. i found a woman, pumped kids into her, and my kids motivate me more than anything.

my kids saved my life. because i had someone to live for more than myself.

Used to play up to 14 hours per day when i was at school (mostly MMOs when they were a thing). I got a job now and still play about 5 or 4 hours a day.
I do admit i don't have everything i wanted in life, but at least i have fun.

NEET life is a scam, don't fall for it.

Graduated college and I'm in the middle of a gap year with nothing to do. I currently live with my girlfriend that I pretty much live off of (I work 1 day a week at CVS as a pharm tech). First I was excited because I thought it was going to feel like an extended summer break, but with nothing concrete to look forward to, it's fucking miserable. I just sit at home and wait for her to come home all day, enjoy the 4-5 hours I have with her before she goes to bed, and then I stay up until 4:00 and reflect on my poor life choices.

Luckily I was able to land an internship at a nearby lab that pays a decent amount of money, and living the NEET life has motivated me enough to start putting in applications to grad schools and emailing PIs.

Nut up and crank out some good grades. High school is a fucking joke and should take minimal effort to pass. And if you do graduate, go to a community college or a technical school.

too be honest, I despise beggars. you have all your limbs and enough brain matter to post on Cred Forums. the kids I donate to have stumps and can only look at video games that surround them but not enjoy.

>lol I hate being a NEET
>I mean after graduating college and with a part time job and getting trained for my career
>gosh being a NEET is hard

Stop consuming dairy products, faggot.

Yeah, it made sense, otherwise I would have rejected the diagnosis.

Like I rejected my schizophrenia diagnosis a few years before. I ended up sectioned before anyone even considered that maybe I had other problems.

>been angry and depressed but mostly angry for a while
>play some CoD4 MP
>my hip fire never hits anything literally ever
>even aligning my sights on a guy point blank with the M1014 does fucking nothing to gurantee a kill
>get shot for the upteenth time
>hip fire from a G36 kills me with a headshot on the first shot
>meanwhile every time i try to shoot someone from the hip it takes two mags

literally broke my keyboard over it, im still missing the "0" key and the right side of my keyboard is less responsive than the left because i drove my fist into it that hard

that picture is not
even a fucking haiku
you goddamn robot

This

I work out 3-5 days a week, have a gf i live with, work 40 hours a week, maintain a house, etc.

I game 1hr-2hr if im lucky. 3-5 on weekends if my gf leaves me alone. And bro, i dont even have a kid..

>everybody attacks the first guy that dares suggest that videogames are meaningless
>half the posts in this thread are people confessing they are deeply depressed and have no meaning in their life

wow... really gets the cogs turning...

classic case of young adults learning from their mistakes and growing up. and so the world turns...

That sucks. The weird thing with me is I may not even be feeling particularly sad or anything, just kind of numb, not really caring, but then the thoughts come up and they're not emotionally charged, they're just thoughts where I think up these scenarios and then I catch myself and wonder wtf I'm doing.
>I never have that whole thing about caring about my family or feeling selfish,
Well I guess it helps that I have a family who's very good to me and don't judge me, almost to a fault. If you do have a loving family though, the gist of it is to realize that life continues for the people around you if you end yourself.

you know you can cut your "gap year" short, right? you know that having a job doesn't mean you're a NEET, right?

Videogames are the only thing I feel enjoyment from. I failed a bunch of classes in college, got prescribed depression meds and don't feel any different except that I can barely fap to lolis anymore

no one suggests that they're anything but meaningless

No you misunderstand, It's not hard, that's the problem. I've dipped my toes in and it's so mind-numbingly boring and there's no motivation to do anything; I seriously don't understand how some of you guys stand it. I've lost all interest in video games and can't be fucked to do anything else. I even bought some books that I've been meaning to read for a long time, as well as starting back through a few pchem and instrumental analysis (some of that stuff is still a black box to me and I always wanted to learn more) books, but lost the shred of motivation I had after a few chapters.

I haven't seen my own reflection in years. I actively avoid it. When there's a glass door or a mirror or any other reflective object in front of me I'll turn my eyes away until its out of sight. The background color of all my applications is non-white so I don't accidentally see myself in my laptop screen.

I'm not even ugly. I just don't want to believe I can be attractive to someone else.

purpose comes from raw emotion user, you likely just think 'its not going to be useful'
You need to get working on something concrete or your life will just accede into the depths.

I can spend however much time I want gaming because I work 2 weeks straight 12 hour days than have 2 weeks off. $150k+ a year.

All the time for vidya, working out, drinking, banging tinder/bar sloots.

Life is still empty and meaningless you dork.

I make $70 a week after taxes from that one day. The only reason I even do it is because I know the pharmacy manager personally and know she always has trouble filling a full crew on Saturdays. It's not uncommon for me to be unscheduled for the week if she's got enough help. Technically not a NEET, but I really doubt that one day every week/2 weeks makes that big of a difference.

>4 Hours

Fucking normies for fucks sake

>things that never happened, the post

Well I guess it doesn't do much good to argue the merits of suicide vs continued living, suffice it to say I feel no familial connection to any of my relatives so their potential reaction to my suicide (which I am too cowardly to carry out so the point is moot anyway) is of no concern to me.

That numbness and apathy might be a sign of depression but in your case I wouldn't worry about it. If you're functioning in the real world and don't yearn for it all to end, you're probably okay.

He probably works on some offshore facility, they have a very similar setup.

samefag

Do home workouts for awhile. Just gotta stay with it.

thread is dead.

Canadian not American, oil and gas fag.

Guys, pray ever so often. I know this is Cred Forums but sometimes I just feel like I should say something when I read this stuff, y'know? God loves you, God can help you. People love you. Sorry again if this is too forced/sudden, just got the strangest urge to say something about it.

Haven't been made fun of, but I'd be lying if I said this is what kept me from going to the gym in normal hours. There's a fitness room in my apartment complex, and I go work out from 12:00-1:00a.m. on weekdays so there isn't anyone else there with me.

Try going to a 24/7 gym and go workout at bullshit hours.

>vidya doesn't fill the void anymore
>regret majoring in astronomy/physics
>still a kv
>my life has gone down the drain over the years

I might honestly jump off a building tomorrow

I feel guilty everyday for wasting my folks' money if I'm failing my classes, but I'm on compsci so that happening is like the norm for the major.
When you don't actually give a shit for anything that's when you should start getting worried. I would also like to have a normie life to see if I get to feel joys other than videogames, and I also am a social sperg and always come of as intimidating or grumpy despite not really being, and I'm terrible at small talk so starting convos doesn't really happen unless I push myself out of my actual comfort zone.

I want to get a job to afford my own shit but I get scared of any sort of social interaction so I just don't even bother trying because I don't even have any worthwhile immediate skills to be considered by any employer.

It's a vicious cycle only I can break and I'm too much of a pussy to go through. I envy those that are naturally charismatic and inhibited in public more than those with wealth, that shit's the real skill that sets you for life.

>says the guy who wastes his tine shit posting on Cred Forums

you too pal don't do it! God heals, and someone out there loves you.

I love video games, so whatever.

>says the guy who wastes his time spotting shit posters with his own shit posts on Cred Forums

>stop playing games
>waste those hours with another form of entertainment

Being productive is not about playing or not user it's about not being lazy. And people have been getting lazy since before books existed

I dont give a fuck
life is a meaningless and the only thing holding me back from enjoying it is god damn working hard labor just so i can over pay for a shitty house and over pay for shitty food. Hopefully star trek is right and humans do away with this petty obsession of classism and money sometime in the reaaaal fucking distant future

Probably someone that you don't love back~
Or someone that you'll never meet.
I guess God does heal though. I'll give you that. But if you keep getting hurt, the heals are just not enough I'm afraid.
t. broken human

>And people have been getting lazy since before books existed

Uh, no. Maybe nobility, but that was a fraction of a minority of society. The average person had a 14-18 hour workday.

And you're still here, aren't you? You keep getting back up, bro. That means something. You've not given up yet, and He won't give up on you.

t. guy that's been there

Not OP, but that doesn't change the fact that what he said is true.

I realized it long ago

I just don't fucking care

Only because I fear death so am unable to give up. But I've technically given up in the sense that I no longer go outside and I do nothing but stay on my computer all day every day and intend to do so until I die or it gets taken away from me for some reason.
I'm not sure if it's me that I gave up on or the world. Perhaps both :^)

Sports create kids who are more likely to have a better social life and a better self image then those who play video games. A moderate amount of literatre can be good to. Cmon man, this is simple stuff.

Oh fucking no

No way

I was okay with Cred Forums becoming more conservative, but I'm not okay with this shit

you take your religious bullshit and fuck off

seriously, fucking leave, I don't even care if you're being ironic, sincerely fucking kill yourself. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting and you will actually bring those stupid fucks here

Benefits me? I just want to die, but society won't allow me to, so fuck it, I'll live off of NEETbux and kill time until I die of natural causes. Fuck you keep working and pay for my NEETbux.

So far it's working fucking great, years are going by like they're nothing.

By literature do you mean like... fictional stories? Because that kind of IS games. Or do you mean in depth research and studying or something? Or philosophy? Because in my opinion philosophy is a little dumb in that everyone sees the world in their own way. But whatever floats your boat.

ITT: Escapism and poor work/life balance

Vidya aint the problem, its you.

What is your neetbux? I have a constant nagging fear that something will happen or enough time will pass that my neetbux will get taken away for some reason. I just want to stay away from everyone and die alone. I can't help but think they'll stop paying me for some reason. Maybe I need to read up on this more.

Right after I read this, my friend invited me into a work out group. Just 30 minutes a day. Seems like a wake up call.
The guy is already getting other members and looks like he's making something out of his passion. The dude is a total gym rat, won't stop talking about it or posting pictures of it, but I ain't judging him now that he's lost over 120 pounds.

>In the end when you walk away from gaming, you have accomplished nothing that really matters.
So in order to justify playing video games, you believe that if you were to suddenly stop, all that time spent playing video games would've been a waste?
That's like saying someone who went to college for their "dream" degree just realized that he/she hates it, but he/she should keep going because otherwise those major class credits will go to waste if he/she switches to something else. Yes, its true, those credits will go to waste, but now that person knows that he/she really wants in life. I know people who did this after 3-4 years of school and now work in professions that they absolutely love but never imagined themselves being in. You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Drop him

he's a loser

Was Cred Forums right when they argued that to play video games is to be blue pilled?

I did this when I had acne

It was just painful to be alive

I'm fine being a degenerate as long as I can support my own degeneracy.

Disability for crippling bipolar disorder. I've only been really crazy for relatively short periods, but when I'm not I want to die all the time.

And yeah with reviews you have to really fight to keep your NEETbux.

A while ago, I can't help it though video games are fun. I could be reading instead but who cares? I'm just a normal faggot who can only vote, I have no power, no authority, no real control over my life, I'm not even truly free. Might as well dive into escapism, work a steady job, and smoke a pack a day. Fuck it all, I don't care. I wish I lived in a communist state just so I could get shot in the head over nothing at all.

It sucks when you're decent looking but cant get a gf because of severe autism and family assumes you are gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE

Don't fall for the girlfriend meme. They're a ton of work and take away from everything, get a good friend instead.

highschool is piss easy user don't need much motivation, plus motivation doesn't get you shit try discipline you fucking NEET

Eh I would focus on things that peak your interest, maybe find that thing that motivates you because the simple fact is that you are the only one that has to read it. Non fiction would probably be the better option but that doesn't mean that a work of fiction could make you a more well rounded person.

Fuck, do parent's debts transfer to the child?

My dad is a piece of shit that decided he wanted to live the NEET life in his 40s but then also blows all his money booze and gambling.

youtube.com/watch?v=UORGPjmxcb4

>gaming 4hrs p/day

might aswell go e-sports if you dedicate so much time to them

It's out there if you want it, man. You can do it, and it's worth it. I'm here browsing just like you. For whatever reason, my knee jerk, spur of the moment, something inside me reaction to seeing your posts was to tell you about God and love. I'm also arguing with a guy in a Metal Gear thread atm as well. Take that as you may.

its not holding me back from objectives & learning valuable skills and hobbies.

It just holds me back from killing myself

I had a couple good friends but it seems those fade away with time

My life is basically this. Luckily I make money in Computer Science but I work at a terrible soulless large corporation.

I think the only way people would want to work these kinds of jobs is if they have kids to take care of / desire for 3DPD / car or house note.

I have none of those so I'm starting to get really sick having 3 project managers that do jack shit breathing down my neck.

Honestly the big change I made was sticking to 1 game at a time. If I enjoy it then I'll play a lot. If not, I'll find something else I want/need to do more until I make the conscious decision to switch games.

>tfw probably going to die soon because of a terrible illness
>tfw been depressed since I was 18, now 23
>tfw trying to fix life initially but bad events brought me down so fucking much I just lost the will
>tfw every day has that gray atmosphere, and the few times I actually manage to think positively it all shuts down because I know it will be for nothing and will probably be dead soon

But who am I kidding, "that feel" is mine only. Videogames help with that, but no so much anymore, and I don't play that much these last years anyway. I don't even know if the people I spend time with are my friends, they just seem so distant

Hey wanna fug before you do

>used to game 4+ hours a day
>get into uni
>start being overwhelmed by an increasing workload
>just cut down on my game time because I'm not a gigantic autist

feels good

The only thing holding me back from good grades is this place.
But even without vidya and funposting, I'd still find a way to be distracted.

I really got to find a way to discipline myself.
Someone, flagellate me.

I barely even play games anymore, I just sit on Cred Forums

Holy fuck I actually needed this. This next quarter of college is gonna make or break me.

Holy fucking shit this. Like I have a social life, friends, girlfriend, etc. I am an engineering major. And I still feel like I get plenty of time into gaming. I mean yeah its not nearly as much as alot of people. There are days where I dont play at all. But still for the most part....

I told myself I wouldn't have a kid or be a serious relationship until 26-28. I've been sorta bored with vidya for the past 3 years not putting more than 100 hours into a game and averaging about 30 hours...so maybe it's time, but I got one more year to fuck around. The fear I have is getting bald, no signs yet

i wont have the next few years to spend all day playing video games so im livin it up while i can

I realized that I don't give a shit. Let me live a self-destructive lifestyle the way I want to you fat fuck.

Long ago.
Now I play only to keep myself distracted from my health issues and problems.

everyone invests energy to socialize. You'll get use to it but you got to get some kind of job and move on with life. Not everything can be as easy is pushing a button.

2edgy4me

>tfw majoring in computer networks

Am I fuckdd?

Which God user?

i am OP of this thread. It really took off and it was fun seeing the spergelords go crazy when they're hit with the facts that gaming 4+ hours a day is a detriment more than a benefit.

The one true God Allah, of whom Muhammad (pbuh) is his Prophet.

>life objectives & learning valuable skills and hobbies?

>implying gaming itself isn't a valuable skill and hobby
>implying doing stuff just because you enjoy it isn't valuable.

C'mon user, are you saying that having hobbies that you're enthusiastic about is inherently a bad thing? What do you suggest we do with our spare time?

I've yet to have a review. What's it like? What do they ask you? I mean I've already told them about the voices and hallucinations and shit, what more can I say?

The Great Atheismo, the god of atheism.

Damn I was hoping for like Shiva or Zeus

Like everybody said, you should finish high school, however you can. In the end it doesn't matter that much because high school is mostly useless knowledge wise and nobody gives a shit about how you did on high school unless you're making small talk or wanna tell some funny stories.

IN THE END IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER

What is this autism?

all those gaming buddies on the forums who convinced me that there was nothing wrong with vidya for 8 hours a day turned out to be proto-STEMlords who had parents who instilled discipline in them so they went on to become software engineers or finance analysts or some shit meanwhile I'm a depressed retard NEET with no marketable skills stuck in bumfuck nowhere USA

THEY LIED TO ME
FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MY LIFE IS A SHAMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEVER SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO YOU

IF ONLY I COULD TURN BACK TIMMMMEEEEEE

The Man Who Keeps Getting Away With It

get a hobby more than vidya to make the work less bad, or get friends/start a family give life a purpose don't just continue without one. Shiet get in shape that's a great way to occupy time

For 4 years I was 8hrs+ a day

I miss them

under-rated post. This helped even post depression.

Its not your parents fault user it's your fault. Take responsibility for your own problems.

A long time ago but i also realized spending most of my life working 9 - 5, five days a week has made my life equally as pointless.

I'm just a fucking wage slave who will never make quite enough money to break out.

Now I just use videogames as a break from my crippling depression so I play them for four hours in an afternoon to resist killing myself

>mfw going through a graphic desing degree

Genocide when

My saliva tastes like blood. Am I dying

Around the same time that I realized I don't actually enjoy it anymore.

Sleeping is more fulfilling to me than video games at this point.

What did Cred Forums teach him?

Never did cause i dont have that kinda time faggot. Responsibility is overrated. Pay your bills play your games. Dont live to a false standard that other people use to take advantage of you with cuck.

Parents are largely to blame, if you don't raise your kid right then they won't turn out right and have more issues than the normal person would very early. If a kid doesn't have good direction, support, and love they will fail most likely.

I look forward to the generation born in 2000 & beyond becoming adults and being so weak, sheltered & safe spaced that when the reality of the world hits them they fall down crying like children not knowing how to proceed or fix their cherry-picked worldviews.

how the fuck do I not count as the first generation to be raised online?
I remember a net where none of those things, not even google existed.
Fucking wild west internet. Nothing will ever be as amazing as surfing the world wide web. Nowadays you just visit the same 3 or 4 websites every day.

How does one avoid this? Really now. How can we be sure to not live in a bubble or as you described cherry picked worldviews?

>the generation born in 2000

Evey year this date seems to be pushed farther and farther back by the latest group of poeple who turned 18

>Should i NEET?
Ahahaha, no. Pass High School at the bare minimum, otherwise you'll basically be unemployable when you inevitably need more cash than either your parents or autism bux can provide. Don't buy into the NEET life user, it's a slow death with embroiled in mediocre contentment. You'll never push yourself and the "rewards" of taking a break from anything rigorous is actually just poison in disguise, as it takes you out of the habit of doing something even remotely productive most every day, or hell, even going outside.

It is good for catching up on weebshit and vidya though, but it's basically a replacement for making yourself feel like you're accomplishing something with your life, if even somewhat.

>should I NEET

I can't imagine a quicker way to hating video games then playing them all day

>tfw I'm waiting for this because I'll finally have a shot at getting a non-shit tier job

>go outside
>everyone is a disgusting fucking moron
Phew, better not do that again.
I, for one, vote for the NEET life.

with you embroiled in*

Damn mobile posting. Wish my fucking computer didn't go tits up.

6 months ago

sounds like a bad future

>life objectives
life is objectively meaningless. fuck off.

>valuable skills and hobbies
such as?

>244 replies to this pasta

alright then lads

I'm not saying to interact with people, god knows I don't mean that, but being a NEET is only suitable for those with low standards for life, the suitably wealthy, or those who believe there's not much to really go out and live for.

If you're pic related, or want to even try to believe that there's something to do in life that's interesting and exciting for you, don't go into NEETdom.

I have tried getting in shape, but I always get lazy once I reach any goals. Lately weed has been helping me cope, but it also probably helped me develop bronchitis and it's made me much lazier, better than drinking though.

You can't really avoid it unless you have common sense parents. The best thing you can do to prepare is to know life is hard work to stay alive, and no one really but your family or extremely close friends really gives a shit about you. People only care largely about their self interest. If there is no self interest involved in helping you, you will see people ghost on you.

Forget most of the people you know/knew in highschool. Most of them were never really your friends anyways and are all pursuing their own interests.

2edgy4me

>Life is objectively meaningless

Thousands of possible transferable skills & abilities

aren't those sites the opposite of what he says though?

>get a thread up for board regulation discussion
>this shit is still up after 2 hours

ayy

this. Wife and kids is just too much responsibility, I like my free time.

when I'm not playing vidya, I read. Life's good.

Life is meaningless though. Look around you, nothing is natural anymore, you're a slave and your destiny is already decided for you. You have no fucking choice.

Not that user, but life is definitely without objective meaning. That's not to say you can't live with your own meaning throughout life, but it's just that, a meaning you made up.

Truly inspires cognition.

>regret majoring in astronomy/physics
oh no, I was considering this.
should I not?

>extend telomeres
How the fuck does meditating accomplish that?

I'm doing it all too. I have a job, I'm finishing up college, I have a girlfriend, I have a family that has gotten a little better I guess..still I can't shake the feeling that there's no point, some days I feel so fucking empty and helpless that I fantasize about blowing my brains out or hanging myself. Might be normal, I love warm summer days and simple things but the stress of life is ridiculous. We weren't meant for this bullshit.

>We weren't meant for this bullshit.
true shit user

The moment I realized that existence is pointless because there is no goal to achieve other than what you create for yourself with the premise that achieving that goal will give you some sense of point in a pointless existence.

Fuck you! I just spent about 40 hours playing vidya this past weekend. Was sleepy all day at work, totally worth it

Damn..

>with the premise that achieving that goal will give you some sense of point

Not to mention it is all pushed on you through media all the time. Like having a wife and kids will somehow bring fufillment to your life. Give me a goddamn break.

this is tried and true newfag test thread, you all failed, if you ever believe videogames are a problem you need to go back to Re** it

it's genuinely hard playing a single player game for that long without breaks. If it's longer than an hour you've most likely stopped enjoying it and are doing out of grind compulsion

What is the video? Also this guy seems interesting, any more?

whoa...

I don't have the mental willpower necessary to change my life. I'll probably die in a few years. I'm not really mad about that though. It's just survival of the fittest in a modern day form.

How to hate them all equally

When it was too late

>4+

fuck off ritsu

some of the happiest countries in the world are unbelievably poor ones in africa

I was lazy as fuck in high-school, still passed with good grades. Laziness is not an excuse to fail. Your gonna have a tough life ahead being dumb and lazy. You better start working hard.
smart+hardworking=successful,
smart+lazy=average, can be the best combination if your a genius
Dumb+hardworking=average,
Dumb+lazy=your fucked.

what type of engineering man? im in the same boat as you

Depends on what you are trying to do with that degree

>currently failing all of my classes in senior year
How does this happen? I skipped 60 days my senior year and got into some online course instead, which I never bothered doing, and then came in at the end of the year and took exams with everyone else, which were easy as fuck. Are there no programs like that any more? What does the school do if you tell them you need to work to help your family or something? Common core can't possibly be this fucked.

same here, but the funny thing is I really don't feel like I play enough video games

The fact is that nobody who plays video games regularly will ever be meaningfully successful. Could you seriously imagine people like Elon Musk or Warren Buffett playing vidya in their spare time? Of course they don't. Video games are a manchildren hobby that largely appeal to the unemployed and the mentally underdeveloped.

How do you stop being a pathological liar

You don't.
T.Nearly pathological liar

The moment I stopped giving a shit.

Goddammit

I really want to stop, I've managed to convince my mom that her memory is going like my grandmother's did through this shit.

I like dick.

>life objectives
>valuable skills and hobbies
for what purpose?
literally nothing in life is as fulfilling as fiction whether it's video games, books, anime or movies. they're idealized versions of life that cut out all the boring padding and have a tangible goal and purpose. Real life is a futile struggle towards some ultimately meaningless arbitrary goal you set for yourself that you'll grow old and abruptly die in the middle of anyway.

I'm sorry user, the best strategy I've come up with for me is to just not talk or interact with people. Can't lie if there's nobody to lie to. Do note that this strategy is likely to be draining on your psyche though unless you're a turbo introvert.

Simply because most human beings like to feel as though they're accomplishing something, no matter what it is or how pointless it may be. It just makes them feel whole, or at least moreso I assume.

I have the same problem. Ive gotten to a point though where if I feel like I'm going to lie about something I just blurt out the truth before I have time to worry about it. Just try to be honest all the time

when i stopped having 4 hours of free time a day, and on the odd days where i actually do have that much time I'm just too tired to do anything

fuck being a wageslave

>but society won't allow me to
Funny, I think suicide might be one of the few things society literally can't stop you from doing. Sounds like you're just a chicken shit. Good because dying is bullshit.

>OP mad he wasted his time with shitty walking simulators

I have classes/study for 9 hours everyday, at the end of that I have 3 hours of sports/training. When I get home I play video games for about 4-5 hours. Everyday.

I wouldn't say that it's holding me back, to be honest.

MFW I had 70 absences my senior year and still had a B average

:^)

>I just want to die, but society won't allow me to

hahahahaha

Wow all these faggots giving advice to NOT play video games on a video game board.

Can you all just leave? Why are you here?

Cred Forums hates vidya get with the program

That's why I marathon every couple of weeks. It takes up less time and by the time I'm done, I don't usually feel like playing again for a while

>and hobbies

DOING HOBBIES

HOLD YOU BACK FROM
>and hobbies

mfw

I don't know. I put that kind of time in during grade school and graduated with honors. I cut back in college, did worse and felt depressed all the time. Even when I was a NEET I barely played any games.

I also think it's silly to complain about one form of entertainment over another. How is 4+ hours of video games any worse than 4+ hours of TV or movie watching? Most people don't use their free time to be productive.

>life objectives
Don't kid yourself you replaceable fuckface

>Implying videogames didn't get me into map/game design
I wanna be the Bob Ross of videogames.

I started playing WoW a couple of weeks before my finals, really messed up my sleeping schedule ever since then

I passed them just fine and good grades too, now I go to a decent college and study accounting

You can do it user

Don't know about you. But I graduated with a Physics degree from a top 5 uni this summer.

Until my junior year, when I found out what lab work was and how bullshit it was, I wanted to go into academia. Since then, idk what I want to do

Doesn't help I have an addictive, lazy personality so I'm now an alchy living with my parents trying to do as little as possible and hope something falls into my lap.

My advice is if you want to get a degree in physics, do it from a not hard school, since GPA means a lot for any job you'll get out of the gate, and don't get it unless you want to pursue higher education