Pillars of Eternity is pretty good

Pillars of Eternity is pretty good.
I've rolled a two-hand great sword wielding fighter and I've just left Gilded Vale. Some of the side missions I've completed were morally complex- or at least the right choice wasn't immediately apparent.
Combat is fun- just managed to prevent my wizard companion from constantly going down.

Thoughts?

>Thoughts?

The plot was a pretty big letdown.

So far no issues. did you like the gameplay?

Get white march op
Especilly part 2
Story is fucking great

Base game is a bit too nihilistic

>did you like the gameplay?

Sure, but I liked the gameplay in KotOR 2 and MOTB, and they had excellent dialogue and moments of emotional resonance.

PoE was a letdown in that regard.

I could only play about 3 hours of this before giving up.
The combat is unplayably bad. Not just that, it's BIZARRELY bad. I can't make sense of how does a combat system like this come to fruition.

>he didn't like eder and durance emotional endings to their quests

I love being a huge dude in huge armor with a huge shield. Can I do that in this game? I like to be the definition of D E F E N S E

Although Durance's character concept was interesting he turned out to be the most boring companion.

I hate NPC's that are basically huge exposition dumps and that's exactly what all his dialogue turned out to be.

>tell me about the dyrwood
>tell me about the saints war
>tell me about magran

Oh well. Maybe he'll turn up again in PoE 2.

there is literally nothing wrong with doorway simulator the game

got the game on sale and I'm enjoying it so far. Story and voice acting is interesting enough to keep my playing. The combat is not for everyone but I enjoy the RTS style-ish combat over turn based combat

what's the source of that sun? I think I saw that before in my childhood, maybe I'm misremembering

it's from the Land of the Legendary White Monkey

yes you can.

I had to google that and still didn't understand, took me a while löl. I think I'm mixing it up with another creepy sun

Are you the same OP who asked for beginner tips for PoE earlier?

Did you follow my instructions to get portraits for your companions and to create the whole party by yourself?

Eder was well done in my opinion.
Paladin lady was okay even though I don't understand how she was a paladin. I don't believe in "every god gets a paladin just because " shit that was introduced in later editions.
Wizard guy had an interesting story/flaw but it wasn't a pro or a con to me it was just whatever.
I made my own cleric, kind of sucks that she was 3k exp behind everyone for the entire game.
Ranger dwarf was interesting, her story was pretty decent but I felt like she wasn't actually very helpful in fights other than her companion who could deal decent damage at the cost of dying too often.
I played as a cipher and enjoyed the cipher story interactions, especially in that cult area, and the skills even though they were kind of overpowered and others rarely used.

Overall I think the combat was entertaining even if it was too easy.
The plot however was really boring and the stronghold was kind of just a money sink even though you don't really get anything from it.
Also you have to have the DLC to "properly" do the final battle? Fuck off.

Overall I think it had potential but the game just fell completely flat.

>Be a Paladin
>Go to Gilded Vale
>No option to smssh the Lord's skull in for his tyranny
Hmn.
>Be a person who was enslaved in Valia
>Get forced into the Valian questline, can't even sass them
So much for roleplay.

>Be a Paladin
>Go to Gilded Vale
>No option to smssh the Lord's skull in for his tyranny

you can absolutely do this

Really? I'll go do it later, then. I was just wandering around town like a retard. Still miffed that I could run to the castle and taddle on the Valians, though. I taked to the chancellor a few times, and it didn't come up.