Artfags

>artfags

This game is a piece of shit. People love it because it made their pussy feel warm and had some meta moments in it. But the technical aspect, the overall quality, and what makes video games video games (gameplay) is absolute garbage.

Undertale focuses on a narrative above all else, the gameplay is a complete after thought which was built to service it's lame narrative. Undertale does not deserve a perfect score, it deserves a 6/10 at best, maybe a 7 if you're generous. The truly best video games have a good narrative and just as good or even better gameplay. If a game doesn't have good technical gameplay with some depth, it isn't a very good game. Whether there's tons of powerups / hidden collectibles to improve your gameplay experience or a system of streamlined gameplay that slowly unlocks itself and offers room for creativity for the player, gameplay is the most important part.

A game like undertale that only an artfag would praise falls on its face when put up against actual great games. Everything about the game is either heavily inspired from another work or has been done before. There's better turn based games, and there's better bullet hells. It does nothing exceptionally well that would warrant a perfect score.

Le takes on society and industries are mostly garbage because it fails at the main objective of the medium, in undertales case of gaming that would mean gameplay and visuals. The soundtrack is alright but one positive isn't going to change anything. Toby fox will most likely never make a game that gets anywhere near this amount of autistic and blind praise. Undertale is one giant gimmick, it isn't good in any other way, Fox has absolutely no talent or insight on what makes a good game. Fuck this retarded game. It's kind of cute sometimes and the soundtrack is good that's about it.

[u]

i lost the picture but here you go
>i don't like thing
>okay

also why the fuck are there like 5 single post undertalr threads in the last few minutes

Thanks for the bump, faggot. Also not an argument.

(((you)))
saged

DIDN'T READ LOL

Lel

You can like anything, but undertale is objectively mediocre at best.

Not an argument plebs

why are you so fucking mad about it

>Undertale does not deserve a perfect score,
nobody argues that it should get one, game's creator included

> it fails at the main objective of the medium, in undertales case of gaming that would mean gameplay and visuals
Setting goalposts like this doesn't help your argument any. You can't just throw muh visuals in there because that invalidates the gameplay argument. why are visuals important in games, if they're all about the gameplay? If visuals are important, how is audio not just as important as them, and by extension the gameplay itself?

Those are a couple things undertale does not do well, therefore it can't be a 10/10. Gameplay is the most important part but in an exceptionally good game it needs to have harmony among the different aspects. Good art direction, good gameplay, audio that fits the world, etc.

Flippity Floo, here's your (You)

Shippity Shmee, you get that one for free

I don't understand people shitting on the gameplay. I actually liked it a lot.
The genocide bosses were a ton of fun and the normal bosses changing your heart color mixed things up in a great way. Random encounters were usually boring though after fighting it 3+ times

I like narrative art games, OP.

Spider Dance > Burger Truck King > Dummy! > True Hero> Everything Else

blundertale was made to cash in money from lonely furrys

Does it look like I give a fuck? If the damn game was a successful Good in Toby. Anyways what's the point of this post?
If it's not good, it's not good that's it.
It reached to a lot of people even if none of the characters are memorable to you they are some how relatable as fuck to others. What I'm guessing is that the game failed to reach you so the only thing to do is hate on it, I don't blame you OP, you're a fag so I can't make you like something like this, go back and play your favorite Vidya to take your mind off this

Conceptual art is garbage and always pales in comparison to true masterpieces that show a high level of technical skill. Mediocre talentless hacks rely solely on romanticism.

Not an argument.

I don't care I just like it.

>not an argument
is this a meme response now? Did I miss something somewhere because every contrarian is saying it when they get laughed at.

You are allowed to like it!

Undertale is for Tumblr children

>said the video game player

Sweet. Glad that's squared away. Now how bout a book?

I can see you nigger and your bait but I'll let it go since you really want it

Then why was Cred Forums the very first one on the bandwagon?

>there will never be another game that gets Cred Forums this butthurt

>Even after all this time people are still getting triggered by a video game.

>it fails at the main objective of the medium [...] gameplay and visuals
>visuals
>main objective of video games
visuals

desu people like you are still why people laugh at this hobby.

You're so unwillingly to let the medium of gaming evolve, and do more then what it was doing 30 years ago. I don't even particularly like Undertale, but saying the game is a piece of shit is honestly and objectively wrong opinion. You could same the game is mediocre and I'd accept that, because it's gameplay simply doesn't appeal to you. But the game functions, has a coherent narrative, and executes it's story very well. It has a soundtrack that fits very well with the game, and the art, while pretty rudimentary, has a consistent style that holds throughout.

The gameplay is functional, has a unique design, and shakes it up relatively well with the different boss fights, throwing new elements that are slowly built up so you can adapt to them throughout the fight. Saying it's an afterthought is honestly an outright lie.

Finally saying a piece of shit is 6/10 game really does show your complete lack of understanding of a grading scale to begin with

Taste is by the very definition not objective.

> Art fag
> Claiming a medium have an objective
This is bait but it's cleverly constructed bait in so far that only another artfag will notice it.

>desu people like you are still why people laugh at this hobby.

In any medium people would call out an overrated, overhyped, piece of shit for what it is.

>posits opinion without evidence
>"nobody cares about your shit opinion"
>not an argument ):^

not even worth a (4u)

You seem upset

I have a good idea for an art game. I'll be back in a few months to make a ton of money, don't even need other people to code / sprite. Remember this trip.

it's impressive really. an entire fucking year later and people just lose their shit over the game.

I don't know why you're expecting an argument or why you thought sharing your blog post was really worth it.

Here's a free (You) though.

>In any medium people would call out an overrated, overhyped, piece of shit for what it is.

It doesn't has to be good to be popular.

>PROTIP: PIC RELATED

I'll remember it for when I never see it again because you are a faggot and full of shit.

I'm sure they'll find one.

>game wants people to be filthy casuals
Cred Forums will hate for sure

It's used by some kind of American """"""""""""intellectual""""""""""" and became a thing among autists.

I mean literal autists who feel the need to point out something isn't an argument when it isn't even presented as one. The kind of people that would go to Five Guys, see someone cheating on her boyfriend, and then tell the girl she cheated at her boyfriend and that it wasn't an argument. Like no fucking shit, Sherlock.

It's the kind of people who get into an autistic frenzy if they got a telephone catalogue and start making little starts in front of people they didn't knew in it.

You shall eat those words, user. I will remember your foolishness while I spend your hard earned (by the taxpayer) NEET bux

I'm not a neet, I pay a large amount of those taxpayer dollars as I'm a car salesman.

NO CRITICIZING UNDERTALE ALLOWED. IT IS A PERFECT GAME SHITLORD

A liberterian cult leader named Stefn Molyneux invented a principled named the Non Aggression Principle, which argues that aggressing against one's property or person is objectively wrong, however he reject God Most High so his theory has no basis in reality. In order to support hid NAP he invented UPB, Universally Preferable Behaviour, which is supported only by circular arguements. He also thinks people who live with statists should cut all family ties because people who believe in any government at all want to kill or do harm to you.

Cred Forums honestly need to stop having main discourse about this game. it's overrated and anyone one here who prides themselves as a game should understand that. otherwise they just got caught up in anterior media hype

>there will never be a game as overrated as overmeme

Gone home, undertale, and one other game somewhere would make the holy Trinity of overrated games.

My fellow slimy salesman, you should appreciate what I'm trying to do here. You sell your lemons, I'll sell my "deceptively simple art game".

Yeah but Gone Home was universally shit upon here. Undertale's actually controversial here.

>Assassin's Creed
>L.A. Noire
>Modern Warfare 2
>Minecraft
>Halo 2
>GTA5

yeah I'd appreciate it if it were to happen, what I'm saying is that you are a fagget and aren't going to do it.

also I sell mostly new cars so they generally work.

Is this a list of modern Cred Forums's favorite games?

Sorry about the poor spelling, I'm on a laptop and I can't use this fucking keyboard.

a meme started by an ancap e-celeb, Stefan Molyneux
just say it to annoy people

>you will never be this mad at a video game

>ancap
lmaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooo

Noone, not Cred Forums, reddit, not cancerous youtubers nor tumblr itself can never take my enjoyment of this game away from me.

that makes me happy

>There's people that think wanting that Mettaton dick is gay.

same
also gave me a new outlook
the game pretty much slapped me in the face and told me I shouldn't be as jaded as Cred Forums or youtube meme stars tells me to be all the time

pretty much, but the consensus often overlooks important points
>Assassin's Creed - white dude edge simulator '07 with the soon to be abandond future story
>L.A. Noire - go read a book
>Modern Warfare 2 - same shit, different game
>Minecraft - i like to play with blocks too
>Halo 2 - teabags started!
>GTA5 - same shit, different game

people like em' caz muh memories

Why would Mettaton have a dick?

>not liking a shitty game is being jaded

The bullet hell elements were pretty decent
And figuring out how to spare monsters for the first time was an interesting mechanic as well as not leveling up on pacifist playthroughs. It very much is a meta RPG poking fun at tropes and mechanics from RPGs down to its core. I can understand how some people might not like that.
It was obviously overblown by critics and shit on too much by Cred Forums but it is a decent game and very enjoyable

All those games have better gameplay and more depth than undertale. Even cowadooty.

Things can get lonely down there.

>and shit on too much by Cred Forums

Cred Forums shits on most games though, but for some odd reason the undertale defense brigade flocks to say they want their safe space and they will keep liking it. No arguments just feelings, exactly what I'd expect from a fan of this shit.

Also look at how half of them have their art and cosplay ready to post too. Bunch of autists.

OP your argument constantly references "good" in regards to games. What are the general qualities of a good game that undertale lacks? Who is the authority that decides what "good" is?

arguably (with the exception of Minecraft), guess i'd relegate undertale to this list:
>Five Nights at Freddy's
>Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
>Minecraft
>Final Fantasy VII

oh, and forgot Fallout 3. the ones before it had much better stories

Are you actually calling people autists for having video game related images saved to their computer to post on a video games image board?

5 nights is right, a shitty gimmick, low effort video game that just has a fan base of complete autists.

>but for some odd reason
people are going to defend something they like, there is nothing odd about that and you are autistic for thinking otherwise.

ah hold on I need to post an undertale image because that's apparently not allowed around here.

You seem to think I am agreeing with you
I am not
I think youre acting like a child and disregarding everything that doesnt agree with your point of view as not an argument. Nothing in your tirade (assuming you are OP) is an argument either really. Its all just your feelings on the game.

i think there is a large group that legitimately like undertale for it's story. i just appeals to their soft, gooey feelings. Then there is a large group on the outside, looking in - many who either don't give a shit for the aesthetics/game play, or who have the overarching theme of the game which is totally avant garde. however, most haters would be motivated by the fact that outspoken fans are fanatical... ironically something the game speaks volumes of, but also contemplated the dark side of

MTT brand accessories.

sorry, spelling is shite

It's so bad it honestly doesn't need this long a rant dedicated to it. Just knock it down with 1-2 sentences and be done.

Another cringeworthy undermeme image. Yes, you're definitely autistic.

I'd say the first group you mentioned is what toby was getting at when he talked about people who would be willing to look past it's flaws. I say of the game "it gave me a 10/10 experience", but I understand it would not be 10/10 to others. basically it's ok for things to be subjective but people on either side of the fence can't grasp that.

then you have this guy.