Will the Xbox Scorpio be able to play Homefront maxed out at 4K/60fps?

Will the Xbox Scorpio be able to play Homefront maxed out at 4K/60fps?

why would you want to

shut up

If they release a 4K patch then it's possible.

you shut up, its garbage
and I doubt its possible. the game runs like trash even on a 6600k and 980ti. running 1440p I was sub 60fps

>If they release a 4K patch then it's possible.
Do we have any film details on how Scorpio is going to differ from PS4 Pro in terms of updating games? Do we actually know what Scorpio hardware is going to be? Because PS4 Pro looks super disappointing on the CPU side of things.

Microsoft seem to be pushing hard for "real" 4K, too, instead of the upscaling solution Sony is favoring.

>and I doubt its possible. the game runs like trash even on a 6600k and 980ti. running 1440p I was sub 60fps
Was this before or after the performance patches?

after. I played during the free weekend they just had. both the cpu and gpu are overclocked as well.

Educated rumors are suggesting Scorpio will used a revised jaguar instead of zen to allow for further OC in order to maintain cost/performance ratio.

I mention the 4K patches because BF1 is getting the patch as well as MS 1st party games.

Why use PC hardware as a baseline? It's a waste of time. It's not like the video card in the PS4 could ever hope to produce Uncharted 4's visuals when placed in a PC.

4K is extremely demanding. I don't think people in general have any idea how much of an overhead pushing 4x the numbers of pixels from 1920x1080 causes.

For example, the GTX 1070 runs Ryse at 30fps with dips when doing 4K with all settings at maximum. We can all laugh at Sony's checkerboard solution, but real 4K on console hardware is going to be complicated.

I also forget to mention the game is coming to Xbox Oculus which is evidence to suggest of a patch

What settings?

as high as the sliders allowed it to go

This is true which is why I respected PS4 Pro's attempt at 4K, it's a reasonable compromise given the price point. Also XB1 here

consoles are just PCs now (running the same architecture) so yes id say using PC specs as a baseline is appropriate. unless MS really pushes in some powerful hardware and sells it at a cost I doubt you will get 4k 60fps

The current landscape where games kinda-sorta run at 30fps or 60fps is simply not good enough for VR. I really dunno how devs are going to deal with this reality. Frame drops in VR cause people to feel sick. It's going to be a major problem.

>as high as the sliders allowed it to go
Uh... Yea. That's going to cause some problems. Maxing Crytek games is a meme. We talk about it, but we wait 5-10 years before we actually do it. Like, your GPU can't run Ryse at max settings+4K. It simply can't be done.

The new Homefront is the worst fps ever made

>consoles are just PCs now

And? They're not using the same API, they're not fixed platforms were the programmers know exactly what specifications to target. That's a world of difference right there.

There's a reason why first party exclusives generally are the best looking games on the platform. You take the inherent efficiencies of a console and double it down to a single console.

Did the TimeSplitters games really run at 60fps? That seems really quite impressive. I wish someone would record some 60fps footage of the games running on PS2/GC/Xbox for frame counting.

I really miss that aspect of the 6th gen where a lot of games ran really smoothly.

the game doesnt look as good as ryse IMO. its not bad but its not amazing either. its just poorly optimized from what I could tell.

once again this is 1440p, not 4k. it should have no problems

Who would want to play homefront?

>once again this is 1440p, not 4k. it should have no problems
It would if you turned on supersampling or something like that. And turning every single setting to maximum is literally telling the game "I want slightly more accurate shadows in exchange for a 30% framerate drop".

I think modern PC gamers tend to drastically overestimate how powerful their hardware actually is.

VR scales lower than 4K (atm) which leads me to believe they can achieve a 60fps lock

no supersampling. standard AA (I think it used TXAA? or TAA?). im not retarded. when people say ultra they dont mean an infinite level of AA

>It's not like the video card in the PS4 could ever hope to produce Uncharted 4's visuals when placed in a PC.
Uwotm8?
The 7850 could easily play Crysis 3 on high settings at 1080p, and it looks better than UC4.

>and it looks better than UC4

No it doesn't

Yes it does.

>xbox
>playing games
That's a good one user

Uncharted 4 is graphically superior to Crysis 3. Is it superior to Ryse? Well, that's a much more complicated subject. UC4 is a darn good looking game that pushes some amazing tech with top notch image quality. But so does Ryse.

>Uncharted 4 is graphically superior to Crysis 3.
No, it isn't.

Where does Crysis 3 beat UC4 graphically, user?

possibly if the devs allow it.

most likely won't look good though. the new xbox can't magically pull tflops out of its ass and do what thousands of dollars in GPU can't.

Shading, foliage, particle effects, shadow quality, the only area where I'd argue UC4 is better is character model quality (depending on who you ask).

Also lighting, seeing as how Crysis 3 does have realtime GI.

it is..

my console of choice

>Also lighting, seeing as how Crysis 3 does have realtime GI.
That's quite an interesting point. Crysis 3's realtime GI on PCs was kinda overlooked. I've been wondering whether Homefront uses realtime GI or a semi-prebaked solution like Ubisoft use, but I've been unable to get a clear answer.

>Crysis 3's realtime GI on PCs was kinda overlooked
It's easily one of the most demanding settings and a lot of GPUs at the time of release just flat out couldn't utilize it efficiently.
Unlike a lot of games though, it does make a noticeable difference in lighting.

A lot of games from SNES era to GC ran at 60fps.
It's not rare it's just mostly exclusive to fighting and some racing games.

Is that really what they are calling it? 2 x's in the name wasn't edgy enough so they threw in a scorpio? Now I have to see you faggots using the word scorpio passively for the next 4-5 years??

I'm starting to think the XBOX PR team is ran by a 13 year old.

My rig could run Homefront at about 60-70 FPS at 1440p with nearly max settings. If the Scorpio could do that then maybe consoles will be saved.

>We can all laugh at Sony's checkerboard solution
Why? It's currently implemented in Rainbow Six Siege to achieve 60fps and nobody has even noticed.