Why havent you hacked your 3ds yet user?

why havent you hacked your 3ds yet user?

>faster boot rates
>what took 5 hours to setup now takes 1
>safer than ever
>literally untouchable by nintendo

In the past people have said you literally have no excuse but now you LITERALLY do have no excuse!

b-b-but im a mature and wealthy adult!! i would never hack my 3ds because im not poor like you!

>custom homebrew to mess around with
>apply patches for all your shitty weeb games and play them uncensored

Sorry moralfags theres no excuse to not have a hacked 3ds when you can take advantage of many features without pirating a single game.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#twl_broken
nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-starting-to-ban-pirates-from-online-services-on-3ds/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)
reddit.com/r/flashcarts/comments/4u61q2/guide_to_help_you_pick_a_flashcart_for_each_device/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i did recently

does the freeeshop/CIAngel update slowly? i don't see DQVII or SMT4 Apoc in either one yet, and im too lazy to unscrew my 3DS backplate.

but i did already, there's LITERALLY no excuse not to

i was also the user who spammed these threads from jan-march :^)

Show me how to change cfw without losing all my important data then I'll do it.

I HAVE 11.0 YOU SHIT
JESUS SHIT YOU SON OF A BITCH

i did but all i have to play is etrian odyssey

I have the most recent update

I don't wanna hardmod it

I don't know anyone else with a hacked 3ds

>apply patches for all your shitty weeb games and play them uncensored
Is this true or are you talking out of your ass

11.0 and cant do shit because the emulator i want is only good on o3ds for some reason

same here
fuck off OP and every faggot that spams this shit

Well, why should I? Seriously, what's the benefit?

read op
also free gamesi s the main one

its true breh

I'm still on RXTools with menuhax and everything works alright and I can't figure out the fucking instructions to do al9h from where I'm at so I haven't.

I haven't updated mine in over a year. Could i and why should I hack it? What do you have to buy?

oh ok then

Step one: go to facebook
Step two: find a videogame group
Step three: ask somebody to help you

>inb4 I dont have Facebook
>Not setting up a Facebook to look at videos of cats and food recipes AND hacking your 3ds

you dont have to buy anything you just need time

I really don't know. I think someone has to upload the tittle keys on a webdite were freeshop gets the keys? Rhythm heaven took like a day so I really don't know. Maybe thoes are really unpopular games? I have DQ7 via FBI though, an hour in and its fun

As long as you're below 10.7 it doesn't take much, just about 5 free hours to do the whole process

i did but only have menuhax + rxtools
too scared of messing up my setup to do a9lh + luma

>why havent you hacked your 3ds yet user?
I don't want to end up spamming threads because there's LITERALLY nothing to play.

Any good guide links? Any suggested emulators?

I played DQ7 on PS1, and it does the one thing I can't deal with in any game: persistent backtracking

like the laziest possible fucking thing a developer could do to extend the playtime of their game, and DQ7 is full of it

did i fuck up. i havent touch my 3ds in over a year and was using gateway. recently updated emunand to 11 and now i cant see the game menu screen when hitting Select. I really want to play the new dragon quest game...

If you need help hacking your 3ds just go to /hbg/
There's a guide in the OP and they can help you out if you have questions

>why should I hack it?
You can install fan translations, the original music, new content, install free stuff, install themes (they charge you), installing your games to a SD card instead of carrying around all your stuff, overclocking the console to make older titles more bearable (Senran Kagura Burst), streaming you videogames to the world, using external controllers with your 3ds.

The list is really long, the only downside would be the time spent in the process

I've read it and it's basically

>Faster boot rates
>Apply patches to weeb games

I... really don't care about that. At all.

omg fuck is 11 firmware downgradable yet without a hardmod or other 3ds??!!

bro im in the same predicament
i used the softmod for retards guide a while back and now everything is all wacky and different

That's pretty nito

>updating your system when it LITERALLY does nothing but fuck with pirates
>not doing research about possible hacks before you update for whatever stupid reason

fucking kek 11.0 cucks are morons

>>updating your system when it LITERALLY does nothing but fuck with pirates
and letting me fucking play online

>fan translations
>original music

What? Unless you're playing games where they literally haven't left Japan why should that matter? Am I missing something here?

>new content

Like... mods?

>using external controllers

Why would I bother with that? For what purpose?

All the other stuff is nice I guess but it's hardly worth the risk and effort required.

Do I still need to hardmod 11.0-33u

I'm gonna go buy a 2ds to hack my n3ds, then return it.

Sorry, I'm not a retard who bought a 3DS just to pirate shit, and you can't go online and buy stuff unless you update.

how do i hack my 3ds

What are you waiting for user? It took me like 6 hours but I would do it again

>Unless you're playing games where they literally haven't left Japan why should that matter?
It matters if you're a weaboo or particulary picky, or if you're yuro and the game hasn't been released yet there

>Like... mods?
Basically. New levels, applying new costumes to your characters,etc

>Why would I bother with that? For what purpose?
*Some* people find the 3ds uncomfortable after a while. Plus you can show it off to your friends and family

i was following the retard guide for Cred Forums but i ended up looking for rxtools on my own in gba temp. rxtools which the guide provided would never tell me the region number, so i just gave up flat out.

Wtf is that boobage

>there's no excuse to not have a hacked 3ds
I choose not to.

You have to wait for the games to become available on the actual eshop. Then someone needs to upload the titlekeys to the website data base and everyone can get it from freeshop.

i played monster hunter 4 online many many times without having to update to the latest firmware. i kept declining the nag when i booted up my 3ds and continued playing.

why would i want to?

i can afford the 2 or 3 games that are worth buying every year

because we will have an emulator superior to the handheld

turning this thread into a "PC wins again" thread
fuck you faggots!

Give me a status report on loading DS roms.

Already did but not that fancy new ALH shit.

Can't be bothered to go there since it works just fine now.

everything you need to know is here

hopefully you arent like some of these morons who updated to 11.0

I did, I don't really do much with it other then for injecting pokemon and custom themes. If a game is a good I buy it, yeah I could get DQ7 or SM for free but I'll buy them as I want to support the developers. If isn't being sold in stores today only then do I pirate it.

>paying to pirate

I showed my older bro my hacked o3ds, and he thought it was rad and wanted to get an n3ds and have me hack it for him. I haven't really kept up with the scene since I hacked mine 4-5 months ago, but didn't I hear something about 11.0+ firmwares being possible to hack if you already have a hacked 3ds? If this is true, can someone link me a guide for this specific process?

You can use old ds flashcarts now, or at least a big number of them.

It's 400 dollars where I live.

Not to mention Citra will be able to play games properly in half-1 year

If mine is hacked can I download updates?

Does anyone have a list of GOOD 3ds games? I hacked my 3ds but now it's just collecting dust. So far I have Devil Survivor, FE Conquest, and Etrian Odyssey. I'm not a fan of monster hunter. Are there any other good games on the 3ds?

Do I need to play SMTIV before the new SMT game or is it a standalone?

It includes the happy box ™ motherfucker, don't you want to use the goddamn happy box ™ ?

I did, but I miss being able to play my DS carts.

>but muh SD reader
FUCK THAT. Let me use my hardware dammit

So has Nintendo given up on patching their systems to block pirating or what? It's been possible to pirate on the most recent Wii-U firmware for months and 3DS is just destroyed. Pretty ridiculous. I feel stupid for paying for all the games I have. At least most of them have online which loadiine can't do.

>but I miss being able to play my DS carts.
What kind of shit CFW do you have that doesn't let you play DS carts?

Yeah, you can even install them manually, if you play games not from your region it's the only way to update them.

I honestly do recommend you to play the first game as both SMTIV and SMTIVA are amazing, but you can play it standalone. You will just be spoiled when you go from SMTIVA to SMTIV.

>implying electricity, internet and the console are free

Are that kind of person?

The main reason to homebrew it is so you can pirate games, shit's great.

I can play legit DS games without problems on al9h/luma, did you fuck up a step or something?

I'm at Version 11.0.0-33U
How fucked am I?

Pokemon games wouldnt let me go online without the latest update

>miss being able to play my DS carts.

The fuck did you do?

Solder four cables or

>n3ds came 11.0

I have that new al9h shit or whatever. Followed that shit to the letter. Works fine but crashes every time I try to load a DS cart

Can I still play online if I hack it?

Im to lazy to do the work and hack my 3ds when I only use it to play 2 games. You come over here and hack it for me sure but its not worth my time

>and you can't go online and buy stuff unless you update

Why would you go online and buy stuff when you can pirate it? What in the fuck?

>11.0
>no friends to help me do the transfer

if we're going to make amends on Cred Forums we need to have these threads banned on site.
>LE FUKKIN EXPLAIN URSELF NIGGA IM SO POOR I HAVE2 PIRATE ALL MY GAMES WBU?

Solderhax is your only option

Did you try any of this?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#twl_broken

Piratefags will never ever enjoy a videogame.

It's the same reason e-celeb threads and console wars get so many replies on Cred Forums, piratefags bored as fuck.

All these retards in this thread don't actually enjoy videogames at all, because they pirate them and just go from one game to another.

Piratefag, grow up, start buying the games you actually want to play and you'll enjoy them much more.

>tfw just want someone to play golf and tetris with me
people only care about monster hunter

Spotted the 11.0fag.

I is recommended to play the OG smt IV since they explain what happend in the previous games, but you will miss out on some references and characterization.
Also bravely default is pretty good.

>all these latefags
You missed the boat, either nut up and hardmod or go without.

Sounds like you messed with the TWL_Firm before you actually hacked the thing which is a no-no, there's a way to fix it though, I believe it's in the guide itself.

Answer my question you big gay homo faggots, or admit once and for all these threads are just circlejerks and not actually about helping people hack their 3ds.

>play them uncensored

I downgraded back when everyone was freaking out about kernel access, but never went past that. I got on some 9.4.whatever version, and I still have an access point, but I completely stopped. What should I do from here?

No. Never even seen it but you may have just cured a nigga of retardation

Meme on my friends

I'm on 10.7.0-32U, last time I checked there was no way to downgrade without having another hacked 3DS or hardmods. Has that changed?

Downgrade down to 9.2 and then a9lh + luma

But I have 450 games on Steam, and I've only beaten like 30 of them. I've beaten at 70% of the 3DS/Wii-U games that I pirated.

I haven't touched my 3DS since Project X Zone 2, because I just don't give much of a shit about most of the games, but free sounds pretty alright.

But then I'm like I don't play it anyway, so this sounds like effort. Can't I just pay some chode to do it for me?

One question: can i keep using online services of my original titles like for example pokemon global trade and pokebank?

That's what it is. I'm on 9.2, and don't know where to go from there. Can you tell me what a9lh and luma are?

follow the guide, don't skip anything, it's pretty easy

also apparently much faster now

>Piratefags will never ever enjoy a videogame.
I don't know what you are talking about since I enjoyed a lot of games I would have never played if I didn't pirate it.
Hell if I didn't pirate Devil Survivor way back I would probably not be playing SMT IV Apocalypse right now.

To be quite honest, I don't really want to play anything.

yes
also there is no way for Nintendo to tell if your 3DS is hacked or not so you can play online all you want without worrying about being banned

>hacked 3ds in the emunand era
>no real reason to go further
>check the modern guide
>billions of steps evaporated

If the only way for you to enjoy a game is if you spent money on it then you are actually the one who will never enjoy a video game. Don't blame anyone else for that.

That's like saying you can't enjoy music unless you paid for it. I guess no one enjoys the radio, then.

Oh fuck it's only 3 steps now?
I remember that shot being 7 steps long with tons of backing up

I got a second virgin n3ds time to back that puppy

Don't believe lies, you will get banned forever from online gameplay

nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-starting-to-ban-pirates-from-online-services-on-3ds/

Thanks.

thinking of getting a 3ds
what do i need to know

Damn.

Playing SMT Apocalypse as I speak, OP.
I still might go back and get the law ending in SMT IV though.

This I was almost done with doing that, but something went wrong with health and safery dump and I never bothered to continue.
After months I decided to give it one last shot and start over from scratch.
I was suprised at how much shorter and simpler it got.

>Reports indicate that certain system owners using Sky3DS and Gateway cards are being banned.

lmoa

The start of the guide can be a bit confusing. In short for you specifically you use your homebrew launcher and start on this page (scroll to the bottom section, skip the top section)

hacking my 3ds was a mistake.
looking through download lists on 3dsiso made me realized how many shitty games are on the system. theres almost nothing worth pirating or even playing for that matter.

people say vita has no games. well 3ds has no games either. they are both fucking shit.

Bullshit.
They can't even tell if you're pirating from their servers or not.
I literally just got done playing smash 4 online on my hacked 3ds.
Been doing it for 5 months now, and guess what? Nothing's happened.

I even played a little of Monster Hunter Generations and some MH4U.

Try reading the article, either the guy who linked it is a retard or he's trolling you. This article is from 2015 and refers to the wave of bans that went out on people detected using FLASHCARTS, not custom firmware.

Yeah, it was slightly confusing but I think I'm on my way, I've downloaded the starter kit, and I'm going to move from here. Thanks for your help!

>February 12, 2015
kek

the sad thing is once you pirate it, you realize how small and boring the games are.

Animal crossing, smash, and bravely default were the only good games for me.

YOU NEED TO WELD SOME SHIT OF YOUR 3DS, FUCK OF ALREADY AND GET A BETTER METHOD FOR 11.0

>february 12, 2015
>sky3ds and gateway users

Get SMTIV & Apocalypse

Also you can get Mario Maker once it's released

Is there any homebrew for viewing strategy guides on the 3DS?

>buy a 2DS from Target
>use the system transfer downgrade
>return the 2DS

>Sorry moralfags theres no excuse to not have a hacked 3ds

Can I hack my already homebrewed 11.0.0 3DS with no hardware tampering or 3rd party tools?
Call me when I can.

I upgraded to Luma from Gateway and forgot to transfer my saves before updating firmware. Luma's great otherwise, though.
Now I'm waiting for Gateway to be 11.1 compatible before I can keep playing.
It really shouldn't be so hard to transfer saves from system to system or .3ds to .cia

Are there any jap 3ds games where fans are working on english patches?

I mean... Love Plus 3ds with English Subs, when?

Only if you have a 2nd 3DS with CFW.

No. I can't afford to have two of them.

The Great Ace Attorney is being worked on if you like the AA series

>I can't afford to have two of them, but I can afford to buy all the games I want!
>t. giant retard

>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#twl_broken
Ok, I did all that and it still crashes. I also get the luma3ds configuration screen every time I boot

I have five 3DS games total, user.

>Hacked mine earlier this week
>Lost my Mii Plaza data in the process

Fuck I don't understand where I went wrong and how to fix this

>friends keep shilling 3ds for years
>finally get a N3ds on 9x firmware
>look at game list
>i only kinda want to play rune factory and fire emblem

regret

I'm still using a reiNAND. Too lazy to look up the new, hot stuff.

Also, one time I accidently updated the sysNAND and while waiting for a new downgrade possibility I continued playing SMT IV, which I had bought.
Now the savefiles on sysNAND and emuNAND are separate.

I checked if the NANDs are linked, I changed the language but it only applied to one NAND so I guess I didn't fuck up there

Really? I did not know this. That's great

>Can I get homebrew on a game device without hardware tampering
You're retarded

The 3DS had a huge price spike in my country, so I would be even more afraid of bricking it

Hardware tampering as in me cracking the case and busting out a soldering iron.

Why would you not check what games are on a system before you buy it?

I don't understand. Where did you get that you need to do any of those things?

And those bans were temporary as well iirc.

The bans were from identical rom headers, which CIAs don't have to deal with

Because i can't afford a 300 euro brick and all i want to do is play monster hunter on it anyway.

Asked a friend who helped half a dozen people hack their 3DS.
He said it can only be done with a hardmod for 11.0 systems.

Well if you want to get so fucking technical, you download stuff on a sd card, and execute it by going to a website on the 3ds browser.
There's hardware stuff going on regardless.

I'm considering homebrewing it now, I guess.

I'm literally too stupid to hack my 3DS also I need an SD card bigger than the default one

you mean too stupid to read and follow instructions

You probably fucked up and started from scratch instead of starting from the step where you already have an emunand set up like I did

I think you should do some research for yourself mate

>Reports indicate that certain system owners using Sky3DS and Gateway cards are being banned
Somebody didn't change their headers.

>follow instructions
>"you can boot by holding down any button at startup"
>choose down on D-pad
>turn off 3DS and holds down
>nothing happens

Alright, it's been about two months since he told me that anyways.
I'll go check /hbg/'s pastebins.
Hopefully there's a method that doesn't require a hardmod or a second 3DS.

>brick

Can you see the difference between "USA", "EUR" and "JAP"?
If you can read and pay attention, you won't hardbrick your 3DS. Not sure if the downgrading proccess became more stable but if something went wrong, you ended up with a softbrick, which was easily fixed by updating the system

Is there any way to get Menuhax working consistently? It gets stuck delivering the payload over half the time and that's not counting the gamble on getting Luma to boot.

yup you are really retarded

>You probably fucked up and started from scratch

Where else would I start? I still have the original files from the SD card before changing anything. Would it be as simple as injecting a save?

>tfw didn't hack my 3ds when it was being spammed the shit out of the board

Don't you mean you're holding down as you're turning on the console user?

right that's what I mean

Nope, unless you SaveDataFiler'd/JKSM'd your saves there is absolutely no way to get those saves back as they are keyed for a different user now and there is no way to unkey them or resign them for a different user

it's all gone, let it go my son

I already have a 3DS, would getting a 3DS XL be worth it? A coworker is selling his for $75.

Not only can pirates play online without any way for nintendo to do anything about it, but we also can download shit straight from the eshop.

Sorry m8, but you got cucked hard.

If you're having that much trouble, you should probably start from step 1 and try again. And make sure to hold down on the d pad BEFORE hitting the power on button

I haven't really gotten much use out of it really. I love it but that hacks haven't really done anything for me yet. Hell I wanna patch my copy of dqvii with the orchestral post but apparently it's only been uploads as the full game.

I would love the ability to take screenshots though. I'm on a9lh and luma 6.1.2. my Luma updater says searching for updated updater and restarts the system. Not a single person outside of me has had this issue. I've asked about it now several times and my posts go on ignored every time. So it actually kind of sucks having it hacked. I have gained very very little.

>-Yoi STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer.

So much from that then.

I'm on the latest luma but everytime I try to launch Metroid Prime Federation Force, Little Battlers Experience, and Kirby: Planet Robot I keep getting an error saying the SD card has been ejected or the screens show loading infinitely. What am I doing wrong here? All other games work just fine.

No. If you're gonna upgrade from a 3ds upgrade to a new3ds, not to a 3ds xl. And don't wast your money on either if you cant hack them.

nah
maybe if it was N3DSXL

I doubt it fan translations take years even the Fire Emblem Fate and Monster Hunter Generation games weren't done by the time they released in US.

Do i need a Sky3dsä+ Card for playing 3ds Roms?

I see. Thanks for breaking the news to me user

10.7 is literally the edge of where you can downgrade. 11.0 is where you need to harmod or have a hacked one.

If I have rxtools with menuhax, why should I care about this luma shit?

Yes, be sure to pay extra money before you pirate

So N3DSXL is worth it then, thanks guys.

I'm sorry mate. I stopped updating my 3DS a few months and an exploit was eventually found. That might be your best bet

you don't need to buy anything
unless you updated your firmware

>takes one hour

Until it takes one minute like a PSP, I don't care

This is very true. Aside from SMT IV, which is by far the worst megaten I've ever played sans modern persona garbage, there is just fucking nothing on the thing. I'm playing SMT IV Apocalypse right now and although it's fun, Cred Forums certainly overhyped the fuck out of this game and it's not living up to the hype for me. It's good, but not THAT good, but I'm used to it because this board overhypes the fuck out of anything nintendo. Bravely Default was a snoozefest and I fucking hated how childish it felt, it's almost as if the game was meant for girls or some shit. I dropped it once I got spoiled of that "airy lies" shit here.

Pokemon is the exact same fucking shit it's ever been. Yeah, it's fun but I can't play them more than 20 minutes at best without getting bored. Monster Hunter has what is probably the worst controls I've ever experienced in my entire life and I just don't understand the appeal of the thing. It feels like some gimped pointless mmo where you just grind for the sake of grinding. The mario games are easy as all fuck. Literally half of 3D Land is a glorified tutorial for example. Code of Princess' fps is a crime against humanity. I genuinely laughed when I turned the 3d effect on and the FPS tanked.

The only games I really enjoyed on this shitty system were all from the DS. As it stands, the 3DS is nothing but a sad joke next to its predecessor. Its games have as much depth in general as your average smartphone shit. Fuck that.

>receive n3ds for free
>comes with the 11.0
>MORON MORON MORON WHY DID YOU UPDATE MORON KILL YOURSELF
holy shit go fuck a cactus

>used to put up ads on craigslist to mod peoples PSPs for money
>all it takes is loading a few files on the pro duo
>Got money for vidya and food from fucking idiots

good times

There are plently of titles if you both: have friends and enjoy "nintendo games".
But lets not forget, its okay when sony rehashes the same game over a decade.

source? and I'm pretty sure you can request they send another girl. you don't have to accept the first one that shows up.

i just bought these

unrelated but i wanted to share

(in maplebux btw)

NEIN

Because I updated my 3DS and the only thing I'd use it for anyway is custom theme.

Quick Q

does ninjahax (whatever it's called)
Still work or is it obsolete now ?

And this makes yet another time this problem goes unanswered. I'm going to sell this 3ds or something. I thought hacking it would be great like when I did it to my PSP. But there has been no reason for it. I have all the games I want already and I prefer physical as is. I know keeping it hacked literally doesn't affect me in anyway doing legit things but hell it's done nothing special either.

I can't boot into decrypt9, I downloaded the latest version and I put the Launcher.dat and Decrypt9WIP.dat from the zip right into the root of my sd card, and when I go to one of the url's to initiate it, it just sits there. Should I be waiting for a very long time, or is there something else I should try?

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Luma updater is something I run manually, and if it didn't work I would just manually update it by dragging the files onto the SD with a reader or FTP. What is the problem exactly?

I just started over, downgraded to 2.xx and installed al9h from there.

Updated Luma3ds, did the official update and installed RE revelations a few days ago, the hell you talking about?

>go through the effort of hacking and putting a ton of shit on my 3ds
>put it on my counter to charge
>come back to it in the morning
>giant fucking spot on the top screen for no fucking reason
I still don't understand what happened. I've left it baking in a car before and nothing happened. It was in the same exact spot as I left it too

They ship with 11.0 now. I bought a brand new black XL from Target and it came with 11.0.33U

So you are saying you do not have access to homebrew at all? This doesn't sound like a Decrypt9 problem to me. The browser is only for getting to the homebrew launcher and later for getting your OTP.

I'm following this guide:github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)

And it says to try accessing decrypt9 from my browser, not homebrew channel

WHO IS THAT GIRL ON THE LEFT??

WHO IS IT?

So when I followed the downgrade a9lh guide it installed Luma 6.1.1. a few days later I clicked the luma icon thats on the 3ds menu. Has the luma picture and everything. It booted up normally and had it heck for a new version of Luma. At which point it updated to 6.1.2. now if I start up the luma icon on the 3ds menu it says checking for updated updater the gives go back to the home menu and says the system needs to restart. I have found no solutions.

because i cant be bothered to solder shit to downgrade at my current firmware
shut the fuck up

paying for games is the only thing that motivates me to actually play them

I literally suck at technology.

What are some cool things to do other than installing games for free and using custom themes?

If you have access to a 9-9.2.0 3DS you do not need to do this. You just need any homebrew launcher. If you are above 9.2.0 and not higher than 10.7, then you can downgrade then do that.

Back when people actually discussed what they were playing. Good times.

3d porn

I spent the better part of a day upgrading from from my old cfw to Luma+Arm9, then stared blankly at the homescreen remembering I didn't actually have any games I wanted to play

Is SMT Apocalypse out yet?

Can I update my emunand when it prompts and keep the hack? Or is it a no no.

But dq7 is already on the eshop.

What version of frimware SMT4 Apo requires?

3D sucks

I don't know the solution to this, sorry. I am not sure how new you are to this, but you know that you are already on Luma regardless of whether or not you hit that icon, right? That is only an updater. If dragging files onto the SD doesn't help then I dont know what to tell you. Keep a backup of your SD of course.

it officially released as of 56 minutes ago
it also got leaked several days ago

Well, I'm on 9.2.0-20U, I am trying to complete this page: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)

And I think I finished, but I can't get into decrypt9. I currently have it where if I'm holding Down on the dpad while booting, it takes me straight to homebrew, access points aren't my prohblem

Cool, thank you

thx

I hope I can hack withy current fw which is 7.xxxx I dont want to upgrade

You can still hack it. Just needs a hardmod.

Start from here (skip to "If you are between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, do the following:"):

Could also try just re-installing the updater itself.

Been putting off changing to arm9loaderhax since I got RXtools and later luma working.

I already have almost maxed my SD card, and I for whatever reason, I feel like I will have to delete a lot of shit to make room for the multiple backups I'd want to make while moving over.

which one is the best(and cheapest) flash cart

I hacked my 3DS several months ago when these threads first started popping up. Asspain of a process. Played a few games and my 3DS has been collecting dust for about 4 monthes

Have there been major updates? And if so how difficult would it be to "upgrade" to the better hack?

>that MH complaint
consider Toukiden

Plailect guide. Just Google next time you dumb shit. It's like asking someone what the capital of some country is when you can just look it up in half a second.

You can hack it with a hardmod. Should be pretty easy.

>It's fun but it's boring

I have a feeling that no one will ever be able to help you.

Yeah I know I'm on Luma. But I wanna be able to update to the latest version if I need to. And it worked to get me to 6.1.2
How could I go about reinstalling the updater?

It is a fucking mess. I personally don't recommend you get one with built in emulation because they are more expensive, the emulation isnt that great, and it drains battery. Since lots of older ones work now it is even more of a clusterfuck, but a new one is only like $15 so you might as well get one of those if you are starting from scratch.

nds-card is known as a safe place to order from. There you have I think 3 choices (not including ones with emulation like DSTWO) for DS flash cart on 3DS: r4i gold, r4i-sdhc, and r4isdhc. My understanding is that the first two are good, and the 3rd works but has a timebomb that stops it from working after a few years. I went with the r4i gold and it works fine, though I guess it could list the games in a more convenient way in the firmware (you could figure out how to forward but it takes up a bit more space on your main SD I believe). That being said, I have not looked into third party firmwares.

Go here for more info
reddit.com/r/flashcarts/comments/4u61q2/guide_to_help_you_pick_a_flashcart_for_each_device/

You go into FBI, uninstall the updater, and then use FBI to reinstall the updater .CIA.

Is Dragon Quest VII in the freeshop yet? If so I'll do it.

Not sure what your problem is. Sounds like you're updated.

>Got N3DS XL on release
>One of the backplate screws completely shattered and analog stick gets stuck now in certain places and is a pain in general to use.

Why the fuck does Nintendo not make the regular 3ds available outside bundles.

Because 3ds has no games.

I have a vita and play superior JRPGs with cute waifus and not kiddy shovelware.

The new one is fucking $150 just buy it

I'm still on rei and don't have any problems with it. What are the advantages of luma?

I use an european New3DSXL if that's somehow important.

So I couldn't use browserhax on my 10.7 because of the update nag. Is $45 for Freakyforms worth it to hack this shit?

It's literally THREE wires are you telling me you are too stupid to solder three fucking wires? Fuck, they showed little girls how to solder in shop class when i was in school! You are literally worthless if you cant solder just three wires.

Can you play US DLC on a EUR console with a more recent cfw ?

I'm on rxtools still and this would be the only thing to make me consider updating.

Thanks a bunch.

SMT4 is better than any and every JRPGs on Vita, sorry.

>dig my 3DS out of the closet where it's been gathering dust for years
>update it because I'm a fucking idiot who figured it was never going to be hacked and can't be bothered to check
>it updates to 10.7
>realize that it is hackable after all, but 10.7 requires extra steps/hardmod/shit too complicated for me
>wait a couple months
>new guide comes out, very easy to follow, hacked my 3DS in a couple hours

Man I am such a lucky fuck. If I had updated sooner I would have tried to follow the older guides and probably screwed something up. If I had waited longer it would have updated to 11.0.

I have an high paying job, I am not a loser who knows how to do manual labor

I don't even own a soldering gun to begin with.

What version does it come in? Would I be able to downgrade or are they on 11.0?

>Vita
>Games
It's great hardware but will never compete as long as the 3DS has Monster Hunter and SMT.

You can then literally go to a workshop and pay a dude like $10 to solder it for you.

You used browserhax? Wish it still worked for me.

Well luckily for you, you can learn to solder in ten minutes so you dont have to spend much of your precious time. Also soldering IRONS are very cheap you can pick one up for $10? seeing as you have a "high paying job" doesnt seem to be a problem for you, big shot.

>Not a loser who knows how to do a thing
>manual labor
Then just fucking pay someone to do it for your Richie Rich.

I was never good at soldering shit, fucking spooks get a safe method for 11.0 already

Use NTR cfw, there's some language plugins you need to use for out of region dlc to work.

You don't need NTR anymore, Luma does it for DLC and patches now natively, you just need to setup the txt file for the game. NTR is strictly for cheats, streaming, and screenshots now.

Dude like I said LITTLE TEENY GIRLS could learn to do it, you are literally worthless if you cant do something that simple

Cant you change DNS to fix update nag, or was that patched out in .7?

>natively
>you need to setup
Yeah, no thanks. rxtools is superior for region free then.

Already did senpai. Got a ton of virtual console games, a ton of classic games and all the new ones, as well as my own 100 theme pack with a few hundred custom badges.

Also got a nice emerald 3DS cover. It's aluminum, so it stays extra cold and doesn't get fingerprints on it.

Apparently that doesn't work anymore. Asked on /hbg/, and looks like the trick doesn't work after a while.

NIGGER I HAVE TRIED TO SOLDER SO MUCH SHIT IN MY LIFETIME AND I'M TERRIBLE AT IT. JUST GET ME A SAFE METHOD YOU FUCK

>doesn't know how to work with his own hands
>not a loser

>Emerald 3DS cover
Pic pls?

My shoulder buttons are dead and I can't find the right fucking screwdriver.

RXTools requires NTR to get DLC and Patches to run, and would also require you to set up language files for each title in a much more convoluted way so you don't get issues like the invisible name bug in Labyrinth no Kanata for example. Luma only needs you to set up a txt file with the title and region and you're done, RXTools needs you to get the .plg file of the region you're emulating instead and you have to go through the same thing as Luma does just with more steps.

Both can run the game as it is without doing that though, you run into problems on both either way if you don't emulate language.

Who is this cutie?

Does anyone have links to One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP 1 and 2?

>r4i-sdhc, and r4isdhc

arent those 2 the same besides the (-)

and where did you hear about the timebomb

Dude seriously its worth it, take 20 minutes and practise. I realise some people are slower than other.. alot slower in this case. its like learning to ride a bike or tie you shoes, it may seem difficult at first but youll get the hang of it.

I haven't updated my 3ds in like a year or two, but I still have a gateway. Is there cool homebrew stuff yet and ez backup loaders like the wii had yet?

ITT: Not supporting good games so the publishers have more incentive to fund sequels, more games of the same franchise or localize.

It's okay to hack your 3ds when the handheld because old, for access of games that haven't been localized, undub, etc... But if you pirate and play a decent localized game, you should buy it later.

oWo thats beautifal

>emotes on Cred Forums

Is it safe to update a hacked 3ds to 11.1?

Yeah. Why doesn't it work for you? Are you on 10.7?

Yes, although there's no reason to do it unless you want to transfer to a unhacked 3DS.

This is a salty fucking idiot

Dunno how to. Lazy.

How about you drop some fucking links

Yeah, on 10.7. Apparently browserhax doesn't work if you already got the nag, and you could only delay it for a while using the DNS trick. Looks like I'll need to buy a cart with a game that has an exploit.

you could learn easily but whatever

ditto

Doesn't it lock you out of multiplayer yet?

Dunno. Haven't touched multiplayer at all.

can i do this to a 3ds XL?

it looks like you did it to a NU-3ds, so it should work with 3ds xl, right?

I am starting to get really sick of these threads.

yeah, you can hack any 3DS model

I can't find my Gateway or my OoT and was thinking of doing it. On JP N3DS on 9.2. Is the region thing gonna be a problem?

yes

>literally all 3DSs from nonshady sources are 11.x now

Epic, fucking epic.

Workin' on it. Gonna see what version my old 3DS is.

Damn, you're right. When I did it there wasn't any browser check or need to change DNS. At least I don't think so. Don't even know how I dodged that bullet. Hope the alternate method works for you.

>hack my 3ds
>blocked from playing pokemon without latest update
>can't play online

Nice meme. End my life.

just update your 3ds retard

Because it's videogames?
Fuck off

Can't, nigger. If you update, you stay blocked from multiplayer. This is the one downside for hackfags.

You will literally be unable to play multiplayer if you update, dummies. Enjoy.

I've got Ver. 10.3.0-12U.

Am I good? Any particular guides for this version? I have no fucking idea what I'm doing.

ok never mind looks like I fell for the bait

>If you update, you stay blocked from multiplayer
How retarded are you exactly? A9LH has to be removed on your end purposely and you have to bypass like three failsafes to do it. Luma alone prevents it from removing A9LH and updates you to 11.1 just fine.

Hacked my 3DS. New to this shit. Why is the mGBA emulator so laggy? What am I supposed to do to pay GBA games decently?

>What am I supposed to do to pay GBA games decently?
Inject them into Ambassador titles.

I'm planning on getting a N3DS, hacking it, and then transferring all my stuff from my O3DS.

Nigga I tried but the fucker softbricked on me

So I read something about luma3ds making it possible to run older DS flash carts, how does that work? Because I have one that stopped being updated around firmware 4.0 or so, does that mean I'll be able to use it again?

>Not checking the pre-installed firmware ahead of time
You're still a fucking moron, m8.

Uh, how do you not know this.

You backup your old NAND, then you reload the data when you're on the emulated nand.

Needs an update, but should work on the latest firmware.

I'm on 10.4

I own OoT 3DS

If I buy a Powersave, that means I get ONE attempt to downgrade the firmware right ?

Because if it fails I have to upgrade to 11.0 via the website ?

I cannot do that if i have a NEW 3DS right?

>what took 5 hours to setup now takes 1
>Guide says it takes several hours

Fucking what?

Don't know what that means but thanks, hopefully I figure it out

yeah but that's the worst case scenario and very unlikely to happen
also you don't need to buy anything

Fuck, forgot I upgraded to 11 to play with someone since what stopped me from doing it was not buying a new SD card.

Because my dopamine riddled mind will lose interest in videogames that I'm interested if I get them,or know I can realistically get them all at once.

It's the reason I've only emulated SNES, I learned that when I can play any game I can, I don't.

If I stick to buying games when I can't think of anything else to buy than I lower the risk of losing interest in video games and I can play more games that I want to play.

My only reason

Hmmmm

Well, DS homebrews work now. Shouldn't be very long for normal ROMs to boot without a flash cart.

Flash carts are cheap though, and you can use most old R4s (among other cards) for game forwarding

I'm actually on 11, but was it 10.4 or 10.6 where the browserhax was fixed.

They are by different teams. I heard about the timebomb from a few different places, I can't really recall anymore but it has been mentioned on 3DShacks and it is also listed in the flashcart guide I linked.

I use an old Gold RTS from r4ids.cn. Still works, and game forwarding was recently ported to it so I can finally launch my games directly from the 3DS menu.

I missed out on the CFW downgrade so I updated so I could download DQVII

How good is at emulating nes, snes, gb/c/a? Don't care about pirating new games.

Does ninjahax still work? I got cubic nianja at toys r us for $15 a year ago and had to get a new 3ds. Is it worth installing again?

if you don't have the homebrew browser already and you're on 11.0 or up I'm pretty sure you're screwed unless you have another 3DS with CFW or do a hardmod
you'll have to wait for them to come out with a new exploit

>pirate like 10 first/third party games from the general recommended 3DS game list
>they're all lack luster, easily some of the worst of their franchises

Exactly how do you go from the DS to this again?

If I went right now and bought a random 3DS from a store nearby would I be screwed over by wrong firmware or ANY 3ds can be hacked at this point?

Can I ise LoZhax on the most current firmware?

And I still don't know how to mod my 3DS.

is it safe to use the system updater if I have luma + al9h already installed? the guide has you use it once, and now my system is saying it needs an update again

I don't pirate games because I find I care less about/fell less motivated to play games I don't spend money on. I have a big enough problem with dropping games half way through as it is, but when I pirate stuff I'm more inclined to feel like "Oh, well I can just try this other game right now anyway, so" and never finish anything

no, it has to be below 11.0 or else you need another 3DS with CFW to hack it

any model of 3DS can be hacked but it needs to be below firmware 11.0
if you're willing to buy one used just ask to clerk if you can check the firmware version

you're safe to update but you can always just backup your NAND before updating just in case

>Not getting the New Galaxy Edition 3DS XL
>Not hard modding it
>Not knowing how to solder
>Being scared to use a screw driver

hahahahahahahahaha.

>>what took 5 hours to setup now takes 1
im on 9.7 wich method only takes ~1h?

just follow this

I got a old 2ds that's at version 6.2.0, what can I do? All I know is how to get to homebrew with freakyhax

you can get CFW:

I don't know how. I have an early enough version, but my browser won't let me use it without updating.

What firmware does a new 3ds close have out of box?

Because my 3DS is running like 11.0.1 or something like that, the latest update which apparently isn't hackable.

3DSXL works for this shit?

>hacked 3ds and pirated to finally get into Monster Hunter
>absolutely awful at it

Not poor

What was that

You pieces of shit pirates took it too far this time.You faggots are going out of your way to make sure square never localizes another Dragon Quest game huh?fuck you all enjoy the shitty ass library once most of the good Japanese devs leave the system thanks to you assholes.

most 3DS' you'll find in retail stores have 11.X
you want below 11.0

Because I'm not a stealing piece of shit.

I was going to buy a 'new' 3DS XL, but my buddy told me if it comes with 11.0+ i'm screwed.

I think he said i could play DS games with an R4 or some other card, but not 3DS games.

I don't want one enough to actually buy games for it.

I got a white n3ds on 9.9 from gamestop
One should avoid sellers that restock frequently

thanks

Can I play ds games yet?

you should be safe if you buy a new O3DS since they probably stopped manufacturing those a while ago
if you get a N3DS it's a bit of a gamble unless you get it used and ask what version of firmware it's on

Why did you make this thread without posting a link to a guide?

the animal crossing N3DS and Pokemon 20th anniversary all have modifiable firmware just dont pirate ok

soon
in the mean time you can buy a cheap DS flashcart if you wanted

The only thing that's holding me off of hacking my 3DS is that the A button is kinda fucked where you have to push it slightly hard to get it to register

It's still at 10.x so I might do it anyways

Reminder to install sudokuhax so you can always install cfw if an update fucks you up

When I was underage I have played ton of GBC and GBA games on PC emulator.
Then I have played all the games I really had to play from NDS on the PC emulator.
Now when I have a job I just bought the console, 32 gb SD card and all the games I wanted to play.

OP, I am already done with this console and I am glad that I have given money to developers of games like Etrian Odyssey. There is only one big game for 3DS that I will go back to this console and it's Pokemon Sun and Moon and considering all the info about it, I will be more than happy to pay for that.

What capacity SD card are you guys using for your 3DS?

I'm not sure what to get.

I use 32GB.

any good homebrews i should downoad? only have freeshop and themes

64GB, already half full

go for broke bitch

I didn't think the 3DS supported SDXC. Are you referring to the new 3DS? I'm not sure about what N3dS supports.

I'm pretty sure maximum size is SDHC 32gb and that's the best you're going to get on a 3DS.

The method changed and I'm scared I'll lose save data because I didn't finish the 2.1.0 downgrade since I was getting an error and thought fuck it.

>fill my sd full of the best 3ds games
>"oh hey this Doom port is alright"
>end up playing Doom for 154255th time on my 3DS

because i am on 11.0-33E and have no access to a hacked system

You simply have to force-format it to FAT32.

Why didn't you hack it sooner then?

because back then when i got it i wasn't interested in that at all. Regret it the last 2 years ...

wanna know a secret?

you can buy a new one, a9lh it, then do a system transfer and sell your old one

I prefer to support companies.
Plus I don't care about censorship, I still play them even with it.

Just checked out what my firmware was. It's 10.3 or something like that. Working on installing everything right now. Thanks for the reminder, Cred Forums.

you're fucking genious

i did it a while ago, extremly safe and worth it

>faster boot
oh wow, i'm going to waste three hours of my life on playing some stupid game, good thing i can save two seconds on bootup

>what took 5 hours of setup now takes 1
what

>safer
who cares

>untouchable by nintendo
my stock 3ds is even more untouchable by nintendo

>custom homebrew
well, to be honest, that's what i dreamt about when i bought handheld gaming console. can i also run proper terminal and x11? when i bought my 3ds, that was my main priority, i was hella suprised when i couldn't find terminal app

you make one (1) argument that kinda holds up
your post is kinda shit

>hella

I hope wasps lay eggs in your scrote

but for that i need money ... i dont have money atm