youtube.com/watch?v=5rVhUdCYA1w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjSVIv4lSHI
wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/e/e1/Scout_dominationsnp05.wav?t=20100625232715
youtube.com/watch?v=evY1xTTtfCQ
teamfortress.tv/36168/league-admins-unveil-global-whitelist
youtu.be/LHgEnN2PFzo
youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug
whitelist.tf/ugc_6v6_s22
wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/19/Cm_scout_pregamefirst_comp_rare_01.mp3?t=20160710222130
wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/57/Cm_sniper_pregamefirst_6s_05.mp3?t=20160711000156
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*ear rape*

I don't think there will ever be another trailer that so perfectly encapsulates such a great style and aesthetic as the "Meet The..." videos. Even pyro, despite falling short of the bar set by the first seven, was pretty good.

this is a sad truth.

Still funny.

It took me damn years to make the connection of "zoo" and "Sun Tzu". Maybe i'm just an idiot but i'd like to think that the TF2 writers are just that clever. I'm definitely a moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7R5j8tLgE8

Only reason why I never made the connection between the two until recently rewatching these videos years later, was because I always heard "Who said that" instead of Sun Tzu for some reason. So the Zoo joke flew right over my head because of it. Caught it this time though when I finally heard Sun Tzu

What the fuck, I never caught that. Holy shit.

Took me a few watches my self

Woah

I don't get it

>tfw you're the only one that hates how the "Meet the" videos went from clever interviews to just tryhard attempts at short films

name FIVE (5) people who say that meet the medic and pyro are better than the original 7 meet the videos

I thank you for this wonderful gift you've given me.

>Medic
me
>Pyro
not me

I'm not the guy you replied to by the way

I think we can all agree that Meet the Scout was the worst of the videos

baka desu senpai

Meet the

Medic > Spy > Engineer > Demoman = Soldier > Sniper > Scout > Heavy > Pyro.

UNLESS ITS A FARM

youtube.com/watch?v=GZUuNHM09pw

>likes demoman video but dislikes heavy's
how the fuck does that work?

Sandwich > Medic > Spy > Engineer > Soldier > Demoman > Sniper > Scout > Heavy > Pyro.

MY BLOOD, HE PUNCHED OUT ALL OF MY BLOOD

I'll tell you how it works.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chloride, one errant twitch-and KABLOOEY!

holy fucking SHIT also
UNLESS ITS A FARM
every time god damn

Even for a drawfag, this feels half-assed.

Yeah the video was made in a rush by some other poster, not the drawfag himself.

>tfw all your blood is punched out.

>I am Heavy Weapons Guy...and this [grabs Minigun] is my weapon. [lays both hands covetously on Minigun] She weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires two hundred dollar, custom-tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. [looks intently at viewer] It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon...for twelve seconds

>tfw RED do know how to break a spine

Holly fuuuuuucck.

>Kill me
later

>You call that breaking a spine?, you RED ladies shou...
>AHHH, MY SPINE

holy fuck...I've played the game for years and I just made this connection...I'm fucking stupid

meet the scout if the best of them all at presenting how a character is

meet the medic is the best in animation and overall content

meet the sniper/engineer is the best at making the character look great

soldier/spy is the best for humor (ironically both are thanks to soldier)

demoman is okay i guess

worst= pyro and heavy

Shut up you contrarian shitter, Meet the Pyro is objective the best

I like all of them, can't choose a favorite...

Oh, they're gonna have to glue you back together...
IN HELL!
The original delivery is so much better than the in-game sound.

Meet the Sniper clearly the best. They made them overly complex with meet the Medic and Pyro.

Also Tracer > Scout.

>meet the sniper
>driving in the outback
>steering wheel on the left

>He likes the shoehorned girly Pyro bullshit
I bet you watch ponies too.

Only got it recently too. The OW shorts are really really good animation wise. But in terms of tone and everything else the Meet the Team videos are on another tier entirely. Even the Expiration Date one is fantastic.

>soldier doesn't say "Sons who said that?"

What the fug

He is where ever 2fort is

So New Mexico?

What "zoo" joke? All he says is "Sun Tzu said that".

>AND EVERYTIME YOU PUT A BUNCH OF ANIMALS TOGETHER IT IS CALLED A ZOO(TZU)
UNLESS IT IS A FARM

>sun tzu perfected fighting in the ring of honor
>he then uses the fight money to buy 2 of every animal on earth
>heards them onto a boat and beats the crap out of every single one
>because of that every time a bunch of animals are together in one place is called a zoo/tzu.

All it does is drive home his insanity by contrast. Did you know rainbows and unicorns existed before my little pony?

The delivery of "Aw, there's a new angel in heaven... IN HELL!" is pretty nice, too.

>Sun Tzu said that
>...it's called a zoo (Tzu)!
Homophones or something.

And from that day froward, anytime there were a bunch of animals together in one place, IT'S CALLED A ZOO!

Unless it's a farm!

Thanks i forgot that part
>since the game is 9 years old

I like Overwatch but I miss TF2

the game still exists
although if you don't have a server to play in with regulars then it might as well not exist

The TF2 mercs are so much fucking better then the shitty overwatch characters.

TF2 still exists.
The devs don't know how the fuck to make a competitive format, but it exists. And surf servers are still a thing.

>play an almost decade old game

Play it, user.

I think it's just that tf2's are less stereotyped. They have more character.
Even then, I disagree. I like both. There's a bit of character in all of the mercs.

I really do love Meet The Sniper

I remember downloading the trailer and watching it over and over,before the trailer I played Soldier and Demoman constantly and never gave a shit about sniping,but just the way he's presented is absolutely fucking flawless

youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus&index=3&list=PLHy7G7ndrUmpWqBkNKjJRT5urGiPW63Iq

Sniper>Scout>Heavy(original)>Engineer=Demoman>Soldier>Spy>Medic>>>Pyro

Meet the Pyro is the worst in so many ways. As the final short it should have been a return to the simpler documentary style of Meet the Heavy.

the problem with overwatch is that they half ass their characters. They try to put them into these complex scenarios with motivations and conflicts but still make a lot of things that feel out of place like D.va saying things like "is this ez mode?" while fucking killing people. It's a conflict of not being able to commit on being fully serious or just being a bunch of joke characters.
Meanwhile, in TF2 the mercs are clear on who they are from the beginning. Sure the art direction diverted for a mile with the hats but the personality is still there. You never feel like any commentary is out of place or that the mercs shouldn't be doing things. There's not a single moment where you ask youself "why would this guy be here?". Meanwhile, overwatch you have to constantly remind youself "they are there just because" because it doesn't make sense why a young korean gamer gurrrl in a meka is fighting against an australian criminal known to explode everything.

the banter between the TF2 characters is one thing done immeasurably better than OW characters

>Hey look, he transformed into a dead guy!

>The Heavy fires his Minigun for exactly twelve seconds during the combat scene.

>You got'a forehead the size of a coffee table
>I JUST BAGGED THE WORLDS FATTEST MAN

>Here's a schematic for ya! My ass!
>Weren't you suppose to be good at dodging?
>I'm gonna blow the inside of ya head all over four counties!

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brudda, I hurt people.

>If ya'll had more gadgets for killin', you wouldn't need so many for hidin'.
>Never bring a bat to a battlefield! WAR IS NOT A GAME!
>Lotta' good that soldier trainin' did ya'! I'M DRUNK!
>Ace reflexes, ya' bomb chuckin' waste of good scotch!

youtube.com/watch?v=93E7ft0LfmE

scout is the best character, I love his VA work

>There's not a single moment where you ask youself "why would this guy be here?"

that is up until you see an engineer rancho relaxoing in the most retarded, out of the way spot
or better yet, out of bounds

he's just relaxing dude.

Oh, well, that doesn't count because it's funny. Obviously.

are they ever going to finish the TF2 comics?

read the lore
try to find in-game clues for yourself
wait for more lore to come
stop hating because its "popular" right now

that would actually still be in character for engineer

valve time's 'soon'
artist is doing dota comics on top everything else, they didn't even hire that person to do the mym comic

I think by and large a good portion of cosmetics fit in the artstyle. Maybe you lose a little bit of the character's original flavor, but the chance for the player to express themselves through a blend of their own taste and the character is worth it. Pic related is my scout loadout I dug up from years ago, I'd say it doesn't clash that much with the original design.

>Except for France
Kek

>they can bury you in the tomb of the unskilled soldier
>the black scottish cyclops: now extinct
>I'm looking at your xray and I'm afraid you suck
>here lies scout: he ran fast and died a virgin

Spy domination lines are the best

The Scout VA in general is just amazing.
clips twitch tv tipofthehats CourageousKoalaDeIlluminati

This need to be incorporated into a round opening line for the scout

AUDIOFAGS, MADE ME A MOD

please :3

I actually like overwatch. I've read the lore, watched the shorts and everything and I'm actually still waiting for the Sombra reveal.

It still doesn't make sense why they chose D.va for the meka program (anything a gamer can do, a soldier can do better) or why Mei is fucking killing people with ice when she's a researcher without any proper fighting training. Don't get mad just because someone puts on light on discrepancies.

critiquing something doesn't mean you hate it, dumbass.

Been playing some Soldier as of late. Should I ditch the banner items? I normally play pub payload/ctf, though I might get back into 5CP at some point.

I find that the cosmetic loadouts that match the character are my favorites.

he is sitting in a chair playing a guitar for the entirety of meet the engie

Did you not watch it or something? people have been wanting something like the rancho forever.

fuck me its true

Comparing the two, Overwatch is in a more fantasy setting, but who gives two dicks about story. Nobody plays a Blizzard game for story. The art direction is always top notch though, and the game plays smooth as butter. Theres just enough story there to graze the surface. Chances are theyll make an Overwatch MMO where you're some shit for brains wannabe junkrat in a world of other wannabes since we're spending time playing and learning these heroes.

run stock gunboats and escape plan
learn how to jump
never switch off those weapons
get bored after 4300 hours of the game and move on to something new

I'm at a loss

>TF2 is getting a competitive format!

oh sweet, I've been getting pretty burnt out on this game, but my time in Highlander comp was pretty fun, so maybe an official mode could help me squeeze a couple more hours out of my favorite ga-

>it's 6v6!

well yeah, in terms of gameplay it's pretty solid and the art direction is really good. But we're talking about the characters and why the tf2 mercs work better than the overwatch heroes. I was just giving my reasons on to why I think that.

wtf are you me user?

Well its a south korean gamer so she probably proved herself to be the most capable killer and earned a reputation. All of Mei's moves are pretty passive, they just happen to kill and interfere with people. She could justify her work by being a radical that went off the deep end.

>God Tier
Meet the Spy

>Great Tier
Meet the Medic
Meet the Sniper

>Good Tier
Meet the Engineer
Meet the Soldier

>Meh Tier
Meet the Scout
Meet the Heavy
Meet the Demoman

>Shit Tier
Meet the Pyro

If you disagree with this list, that's fine.

>highlander

>Highlander

pyro is great but people just know it as a meme and shit on it like it wasn't novel at the time. just because you are sick of it doesn't mean it isn't great

kys hl player

>tfw no more tf2 shorts like expiration date

It was dumb when it was new.

why?

End of the Line was better than Expiration Date, and that wasn't even by Valve.

The only thing Expiration Date had was the actual voice actors.

highlander is just restricted 12's

I like the 6's for competitive provided there is no class limits, some people have different skills as different classes and tf2 isn't just a game of run up and shoot the other guy better then he can shoot you, despite the loudest cries of some comp fags, and the team comp the leads you to victory may be 5 pyros and a demo

I honesty can't wait to see meme teams like full engie teams and the stigma around class stacking fall away because most team makeups that are made to slow the game in 6's really just leave you venerable because you don't have enough offence going out to keep the flanks safe

I do want to see a one mann one gunn format of 12's where classes are unrestricted and weapons are limited to one per team, so you could only have one demo running stickies but still have more then one demo

Is mann vs machine balanced in terms of classes? (bar weird ones such as spy/sniper)

And too think there was suppose to be a TF2 show on Adult swim with Expiration Date being the second episode.

Banner isn't bad, it's just kinda situational. You really need to have a good heavy on the team to make the most of it. Shotgun and gunboats should be your bread and butter depending on how many brain cells your medic has.

they definitely change some things. like for example the scottish resistance has default stats to my knowledge. only 8 stickies can be out at once, bet the rest were balanced too

But you see, you need to search for an explanation with the little information they give to you. You try to explain things without certainty, there's no proof of that. You have to think about it and make a guess.

In tf2, you don't. They are mercs, they kill people for money. Each has their own twisted personality that makes such a good synergy between them in terms of humor and gameplay. You never go "well the sniper hated his parents so maybe that's why he's killing people". In the short it's clear it's just a job for him, he's always done it. So has everyone else. You never question their place in the game or the world.

The moment you start to think about why something is there is when something is wrong. Sure you can put explanations to make it have sense to you, but the question will remain until answered by the ones who made the character and the story and they have to give an answer that doesn't create more questions.

That is why the tf2 mercs work better as characters than the overwatch heroes. They all work at the same level without any conflict in terms of their character and how they act in the world.

I think team fortress 1 and 2 set some nice groundwork in making the team based arena game popular. TF1 came out in 1999 and TF2 in 2007. The art direction definitely had an overhaul and they were given personalities based on the writers vision at the time. Overwatch has some more MOBA inspiration mixed in so there is some gaudy comic book style whereas TF2 may have been more inspired by the incredibles stylistically and retaining some of the valve military and science background. Just alot of different inspiration ends up in the final product.

Expiration date was good for the first half

This is objectively the best short

>"He punched out all my blood!"
The outtakes were great, too, even if it's just pop culture script recycling.

>see engie on 6s
>he does well
6s engies are a god send

>SCOTLAND IS NOT A REAL COUNTRY! YOU ARE AN ENGLISHMAN IN A DRESS!

>objectively
if he was low on health he would eat a sandvich, this is the only time heavy would. this means the enemy was aggro and had hurt him. it starts with the enemy scout and soldier trying to reason with him instead of killing him. heavy ate the sandvich in 2 seconds, it was just stupid

I never knew that either until now, god damn.

The MvM meta is Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic and if you pick anything other than those classes you'll get kicked. If the kick doesn't go through, they'll literally sit in spawn until you leave or switch to the meta.
That's not because the other classes aren't useful, it's just that most people who play MvM are huge shitters who can't do anything outside the meta.

>What are ya, president of his fan club?
>No..that would be your mother. Indeed, and now he's here to fuck US
Best short

I dont see how its wrong or a bad thing, its just a different method of delivering backstory. I know tf2 has mercs and i know overwatch has superpowered freaks who were protectors that were cast aside. I dont see how thats much different in amount of premise.

Why do people prefer TFC?

I dont think its very fun.

We got a nice little one for Meet Your Match.

>Expiration Date was two years ago; very likely that there won't be anymore shorts
>MvM was four years ago; no updates since Two Cities
>TF Comics #5 was one year ago, with the sixth issue nowhere in sight

I'm getting too old for this shit

Meme jumps with nades

That is literally it

agreed

Overwatch:
>His identity and motives remained unknown. Now a ruthless and remorseless killer, he was responsible for terrorist attacks throughout the world. He fought in many armed conflicts over the decades, showing no loyalty to any cause or organization.
>"DIE! DIE! DIE!"

TF2:
>He is a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded in riddles, lovingly sprinkled with intrigue, express mailed to Mystery, Alaska, and LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! but it is too late. You're dead. For he is the Spy - globetrotting rogue, lady killer (metaphorically) and mankiller (for real).
>"This will be the last time you see me."

it's pretty embarrassing

Sniping is a good job mate

Class strength
Spy < Pyro < Engineer < Heavy < Demo < Soldier < Scout < Sniper < Medic

Most cancerous mains
Heavy < Demo < Soldier < Scout < Medic < Engineer < Sniper < Spy < Pyro

>nowhere in sight

Comic Artists twitter said they where shitting out the last 5-10 of the 100 pages a few weeks ago

but that also doesn't mean shit if they scrap the whole thing

which they seem to like doing

YO FUCKING KAPPA MIKEY, MUH NIGGA

The meta is different for every tour. Medic for example isn't that useful outside of two cities.

I got it first time, user. But I'm pretty good at catching that sort of shit. Looking at the replies it looks like you're not alone, so I wouldn't worry.

Dumbass

Because blizzard is trying to make a whole complex story out of the game with the whole omnic war and then the reaper killing overwatch members and also the sombra hacker countdown. They are pushing in all these complex storylines but still have a lot of unexplained things. They are taking it too seriously when talking about story but they are leaving a lot of blank spaces and not so serious moments. They are half-assing their efforts, halfway going for the cartoony artstyle and goofy interactions. I can't take seriously anything sombra does because he's just so edgy it hurts but blizzard expects me to feel intimidated by him. They want me to believe that a brazilian DJ is also super happy while killing other people and leading a revolution. Their story and characters are not consistent

>Using the Scout Schadenfraude

Engineer is equal or less than Medic in terms of faggotry, in my experience.

I think Demoman should be equal to Soldier, but beyond that, the list is spot on.

They liked it because of higher skill ceiling than TF2 on certain classes, more super serious aesthetic, and plain nostalgia for days gone past.

However TF2 does a much better job of making the classes unique experiences and balancing them, plus tf2's less serious Get Smart/James Bond-type aesthetic meshes better with the silly/unrealistic things that can happen in a team arena shooter.

HEY HEY LOOK LOOK

Well thats just target demographic. Overwatch is babbys first budwiser and tf2 is middle tier american swill. One better than another but neither master of their league. Video games arent really about story, especially ones with online multiplayer as their primary focus.

Alright, you listening?

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines and brotha MEMES, THE DNA OF THE SOUL

>Engineer is equal or less than Medic in terms of faggotry, in my experience.
Explain this faggot then

Nah Spy is stronger than Pyro now since the movespeed buff. I see Spy appear for picks to break stalemates in Dreamhack/i58/esea recently, but Pyro frequently goes entire hour long matches without being picked once.

It's been that way for Pyro since Tough Break. Before that ma3la and grape would occasionally use it on smaller maps like gullywash, but now it's absolutely dead. No reason to run it instead of literally any other class.

>Demo mains
>Not cancerous

BOINK

BONK

WOO

>Look at you! You look like you ran through traffic!

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

>10,000 RPM
>in game its around 1000, probably lower

Guess heavy didnt know a Negev or many other LMGs could do the job of a slowed down minigun without the extra weight and spin up problems.

I've heard the name but never seen one of his videos, so I wouldn't know.

Besides, that's only one guy. If there was one faggot of a Heavy player that was popular, would you put Heavy players up a tier or two of faggotry despite most of them probably not acting like him?

6v6 you're right but 12v12 I think he does still have some utility being a giant fucking nuisance for ubers and having more opportunities to get close in the chaos. Pyro's flamethrower damage is pretty scary now since the falloff change.

I've been trying for a few years now to find the ytp that's the scout tapping heavy on the head at different speeds and patterns and sometimes reversed and sometimes scout says "yo" before it goes back to tapping. it lasts over a minute or so.

Actually it fires 10 'ammo' a second but every ammo fires four bullets. So it's technically 2400 RPM.

Well FUNKe is a heavy main and he seems like an alright guy.

You are right about 12v12 pubs, but they often have a lack of Medics proportional to the size of their team, and a lot of incompetent players who don't know how to backpedal out of Pyro's range.

They buffed his DPS by 20 which doesn't really make up for the other nerfs. He still takes longer to kill a full HP class than Scout, Heavy, Sniper, Demo, Spy, or Engineer.

I'm looking forward to the rework, as long as valve doesn't fuck it up. It would be nice if Pyro was viable for the official competitive mode and took a bit more skill to play.

Fuck off fag, we know it's you.

>tf2 is slowly dying
>people now love a vastly inferior game "Overwatch" because it's the latest thing

I don't want tf2 to die Cred Forums... it's actually making me sad. Valve will update tf2 right...? they will release TF3... right?

Holy fuck are all of you really this dense

THAT WAS THE WHOLE FUCKING JOKE, ITS CALLED A ZOO AFTER SUN TZU

Good for FUNKe, but you're missing the point. You should not judge potentially thousands of people that play a class based on one faggot that makes youtube videos. Base it on your personal experiences with the players - for instance, many Engineers I play with are laid-back but very susceptible to getting pissed if their team does nothing to help them when they need it, while very few are outright complete dickbags regardless of what's happening in the match.

>tfw no TF2 movie

While shit like Kingsglaive gets made.

>What are you gonna do? Run five miles away and shoot me?
This game eventually got me started on my /k/ collection with a revolver and a balisong

Compared to everyone else?
>Soldier mains are hotheads
>Scout mains are bind spammers
>Medic mains either have a vagina/suck at tf2 or both
>Sniper mains have giant egos
>Spy mains are autistic attention whores (twitch channel almost guaranteed)
>Pyro mains are bottom of the barrel skillwise and played exclusively by F2P and bronies

>the last tf2 news was about a shitty WWII payload reskin thing made by the community 5 or 6 months ago

All games are always dying. TF2 will probably be around for at least another two years, minimum.

And by "around" I mean "be able to find a fully populated Casual game within at least 1min of searching"

I live in aussieland and currently it takes me about 10 seconds to find a 12v12 Casual game, and 5 mins to find a Comp game

If I'm going by my perception of pub engies then they're all retards who build on last then whine about their team not spychecking and the ones that aren't run troll loadouts like pomson/short circuit.

The game's 9 years old and counting, nobody was expecting it to last forever. Enjoy the good times you had and try to carve out niches of good communities while you still can.

my mistake, it was 2 month ago

still, it's just look like another shitty update

youtube.com/watch?v=ThnDDrjxLj4

I loved how some maps give you possibility to just spam projectiles especially crit rockets or stickies/granades into enemy spawn room.
Map layout done right.

Then if I were playing with the Engies you play with, I'd place them higher than Sniper.

Actually the last tf2 news was about ToTH. Check the blog

We've had i58, Esea, Pyro war conclusion, and TF's 20th anniversary since the Frontline project conclusion.

I know what you're talking about but I can't remember it. I fucking hate that I can't find old videos because users get terminated too. It's at least several years old so it is likely it's just gone.

>implying highlander isn't the best "official" gamemode

it's basically a glorified moba, which is what tf2 should've been

Between this and that stupid Serious Sam update, I don't think fan creators actually understand Team Fortress 2.

>Playing demo on nucleus

Best one

I think I've lost all hope when it comes to TF2, but I still play it in hopes of a new update, or maybe even a fucking MvM update after nearly 3 fucking years. Am I alone or should I just fuck off and die?

Frontline easily makes sense within TF2s lore

>RED and BLU get sold a bunch of surplus WW1/2 military equipment by Mann Co

Even in James Bond movies, which TF2 is heavily based on, villains would often use world war era weapons. Check Internet Movie Firearms Database (great /k/ tier website)

Valve Time tm

But the tf team seems to be larger then it has been in recent memory and they have been fixing bug they make when patching within a day/ few days

so it appears they are slightly trying again or just gearing up for an update (Halloween maybe)

Not alone bro, I still like to crack open a bear and sit down to some TF2 in the hopes we'll get more content.

We got quite a few bug fixes recently and they promised us a Pyro rebalance plus class pack, and Halloween is coming up, so there's still hope.

it's even worse when you play it and see that it's only a bad payload, with unfinished wwII skin.

youtube.com/watch?v=w8BtKgrv2KE

So how long do you think they're gonna make us wait on the pyro update.
I'm betting a year or more.

How is it a bad payload? Enlighten me and I'll pass on feedback for you on Tf2 maps

>Halloween maybe
I'm praying for no contracts like there was last year's halloween.

I've been playing it a lot recently to calm down, mainly.
>Pyro rebalance + class pack
I can only seeing that go so well, honestly.
My bets are either some new weapon or some new mechanic is going to be added and it's going to make pyro easier. And I'm never gonna hear the end of it because of that.

>crack open a bear
Nice meme.

As long as its good and makes Pyro competitive viable, higher skill ceiling, and not annoying to play against, I'm happy to wait a year

>Like Pyro because airblasting and shotgunning niggas was fun as hell
>they just kept making more flare gun variants and different flamethrowers for w+m1 play

why god

>bear hospitul

The golden days of Cred Forums and TF2

probably because like 98% of every custom payload, it look like a fucking messy corridor : the equivalent of the tiny passage leading to the final point on the last of dustbowl?

It's garbage. And payload are mostly garbage.

Would you use a jetpack unlock?

Merging the stories so that OW happened after TF2 and TFC never

>Meanwhile, overwatch you have to constantly remind youself "they are there just because" because it doesn't make sense why a young korean gamer gurrrl in a meka is fighting against an australian criminal known to explode everything.

If you're a retard maybe. The game and the lore are completely separate, why is this suddenly such a fucking problem for people? There's only one Soldier, Heavy, Medic, etc. but for some reason in-game they all fight clones of each other. Why aren't you questioning that?

Thankfully.

Fanart already established that Heavy is Zarya's grandfather

everyone i know who uses f2p as an insult is only midway up the leaderboards on fucking pub servers get your head out of your ass kid

>t. projecting f2p

>playing with MvM with a friend and some pubs
>rarely play it, about a year since I touched it
>go demo
>we get shit on by giants
>next match go sniper with Hitmans Heatmaker figuring it would help vs giants
>400 hours of playing Sharpshooter in Killing Floor kick the fuck in
>m8 playing engie, doing nothing since everythings getting killed by my wild hipfire AoE headshot crits with virtually unlimited ammo before even getting near his turret

Had no idea there was a meta, and its pretty shit not to include sniper

Never noticed, goddamn.

Patrician taste

I'll pass on to UEAKCrash that a guy is complaining that it should be more open

To be honest though user it is not that small for your average TF2 map

>Demoman that low
THEY GOT MORE FUCKING SEA MONSTERS IN THE GREAT LOCH NESS THAN THEY GOT THE LIKES OF ME

>t. Autist who thinks miraculously paying money for a free game makes you better
tell me about the exclusive hat you got

The fact that demo is that low is only a testimate to how good those videos were

*testament

>tfw crafted the 10th engineer pip boy ever
I still feel pretty proud of that

Also this thread is giving me major nostalgia for playing The Orange Box with TF2 on my xbox 360, shit was so much fun especially between it, GTA IV multiplayer, and Halo 3.

Xbawks TF2 was buggy as all hell, tho. MicroJew wouldn't let them update it without paying heaps of money.

True but man, that first year of it was so much fun.
If I remember correctly TF2 was the first game I ever purchased on steam back in 2008, I could never uninstall it even after spending too much money on items.

OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT PUT IN CHARGE OF THE NEXT TF2 UPDATE

However, the team has decided that they should balance out all of their weapons BEFORE adding any new ones.

Buff 1 weapon, nerf 1 weapon, and rework 1 weapon into something different.

As if this board is 98% underage.

>Buff 1 weapon
The Classic now deals headshots at any charge, but they only deal double damage.

>Nerf 1 weapon
Crit-a-Cola now no longer buffs speed, and makes the Scout deal and receive mini-crits as it used to, only it lasts 8 seconds now.

>Rework 1 weapon
The Vita-Saw's uber-saving mechanic is removed, and instead has a bar similar to that of the Vaccinator's 4 mini-charges - healing damaged teammates will charge the bar, and smacking a player with the Vita-Saw while you have one full bar will instantly heal 100 health of your allied target, and build 10% uber. The Vita-Saw now has a 40% slower swinging speed, no random critical hits, and being killed by an enemy player will drop a small health kit.

next update

>finished rd_asteroid and pl_cactuscanyon (with new stage re-added!)

>New "dungeon crawler" Halloween MvM map! Play a game of Gargoyles and Gravel with the roles swapped, attempting to carry a bomb into the enemy base inside a dungeon, while the bots (reskinned as monsters and skeletons) try and stop you!

>pyro flamethrower rework: primary fire cone is now a jiggleboned damaging cone object, instead of particle-based. The new cone is 50% narrower than the old particle cone, but 25% longer. This will make it harder to aim Pyro's main attack, but more skillful, meaning W+M1 will be punished and skilled usage of the Flamethrower will be rewarded. Like a Lightning Gun youtube.com/watch?v=5rVhUdCYA1w

>Crit-A-Cola: Now causes Scout to take minicrits permanently after consuming until he drinks it again

>Conniver's Kunai: Now provides +15% jump height on wearer

>tfw remembering going into trade servers with lakes/rivers as a medic and doing the Meet The Medic taunt which would earrape the server from the birds flying out of the water
Griefing in TF2 was so much fun

>Crit-a-Cola now no longer buffs speed, and makes the Scout deal and receive mini-crits as it used to
Literally no Scout would use a weapon that makes you die in one hit, makes rolling out slower because you have to stand still, and robs you of your Pistol.

If you don't like the speed boost at least nerf it to, say, 15% instead of removing it entirely.

Buff axtinguisher
>Change back to how it was in gunmettle
Nerf razorback
>Blocks overheals
Rework flamethrower
>More range
>More accurate
>Replace airblast with ability to shoot gasoline
>Make AoE fireballs
>Afterburn that can't be extinguished early
>Block off an area temporarily

>End of the Line was better than Expiration Date
No

You mean the danger shield right?

Why would blocking overheals matter on DDS?
>still survive headshots
Should have just been +25 HP and left at that

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjSVIv4lSHI

LOL

>>Replace airblast with ability to shoot gasoline
congrats you just made Pyro absolutely competitively useless and removed the last thing that gave it a reason to be used over any good class

"aoe fireballs" sound like total shit compared to stickybombs unless you give them OP damage, and a Demo also has way more mobility than Pyro through stickyjumping.

Since Pyro has average damage, HP, mobility and the shittiest range in the game, the only thing that keeps it relevant is airblast being able to stall Ubercharges. If you remove that, not only will you make Pyro less skillful and unique, but you'll just make it played even less

I wouldn't be averse to your idea being put on a weapon unlock, it sounds fun, but as a rework for the stock Flamethrower you're totally off the fucking track right there

I KILL TINY COWARD

Highlander would be nice but the TF2 competitive scene has always been 6v6.

I guess you weren't there for them cozy TF2lobby days.

Honestly just individual voice lines are incredible in TF2. Every time Overwatch characters open their god damn mouth I cringe and feel like disabling the game's sound.

>Replace airblast

>Buff
Mantreads now give a -25% blast damage from rocket jumps and deals 5x fall damage to an enemy instead of 3x.
>Nerf
Remove the reserve shooter from Pyro. That's a good nerf, right?
>Rework
Soda Popper is reworked to giving minicrits, but now marks you for death during use, as well as 2 or 3 seconds afterwards.

my nigga
tf2 on 360 is still alive as of 6 months ago and is still surprisingly popular for how old it is

>Buff
Every pyro weapon, longer range and less projectile sway being my major focus
Give heavy 250 ammo and a super shotgun secondary

>Nerf
Demoman damage, but increase his projectile's range
Make deadringer not extinguish the player, making pyro even more useless, but give spy users higher ammo count
Rescue Ranger heals machines less
Spy sapper costs 1/5th of your ammo meter per use

>Rework
Remove Bonk!, The Short Circuit, Mantreads, Scorch Gun, any projectile class for sniper, every heavy food item besides sandvich,

>Remove Bonk!,
It doesn't need to be removed, they just need to take away Scout's ability to cap points after consuming it. Otherwise it's well-balanced, the only issue is backcaps.
>Mantreads
???????
> Scorch Gun
This is a blatant case of "I'm mad that I'm not good enough to dodge it, so they should remove it". And it's Scorch Shot by the way.

Hope you stopped playing TF2. Overwatch is 1000x funner. You should play that instead

POOTIS SPENCER HERE

Horse fucker confirmed.

Not every flamethrower needs to have airblast. Taking it off stock is different than taking it off all flamethrowers.

Hey, I used to play on the same servers as that guy. He was one of the last of the old guard always trying to get games going. Rip HoNC.

>Taking it off stock is different than taking it off all flamethrowers.
So, what you want is for the Degreaser to have airblast.

Gotta do something when your sentry nest isn't doing shit at the last point because BLU's getting raped at spawn

Sidegrades are typically based off of their original, not the other way around.

>kill a sniper as scout
>hear this wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/e/e1/Scout_dominationsnp05.wav?t=20100625232715

Meet the Sniper is great. The Sniper himself is great, the VA has a ton of fun voicing him out of all the roles he's done for Valve and has cited the Sniper as one of his favorites in an interview, iirc.

If there's one thing TF2 did right it's to make it real easy which characters are on which team. The outlines in OW are fine for what they are, but it gets confusing on some characters like Zarya or May who have mostly blue colors on their default skins. Even with most retarded effects/paints on the cosmetics you're not going to need a second glance to see which characters are on which side while you're market gardening the shit out of bitches on the badwater hill.

Mein Gott.

I got an Apocalypse Now feel from the video but I could be mistaken.

Degreaser only has 8 airblasts, Backburner only has 4, and Phlogistinator only has 1. If you remove airblast from stock you're reducing Pyro's viable primary options to Degreaser only.

>STARS AND STRIPES BEAT HAMMER AND SICKLE, LOOK IT UP
>THE BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS, NOW EXTINCT
>YOU LIVE IN A VAN

>you shouldnt remove the item that allows scout to literally run past his hard counter's gimmick
i disagree with this

also sorry i meant gunboats. they make the entire soldier class revolve around assholes rocketjumping around the map, not even quake does this, at least make it some sort of risk/reward

scorch gun is useless, and cant be better without completely nullifying the flare gun, it should be removed

nope, and i don't like overwatch since i tried the beta

>It is full moon. I have transformed into a robot again. AWOOOOO

People still pump out sfm shit of various quality
youtube.com/watch?v=evY1xTTtfCQ
But official stuff is pretty much dead since many of the VA's are unable to truly recreate the old voices. Remember the really off-sounding new voice lines for Halloween 2012? I think Heavy's voice actor is actually hitting the senior years now.

Behold my shit ideas.
>Buff
Sun-on-a-stick - 2/3 hits to ignite someone, change crits on ignited enemies to mini-crits
Overdose - either allowing the speed boost to no longer require having the overdose out, or changing it to a smaller damage resistance buff that is also dependent on uber (2% per 20% uber)
Gunboats - give it a damage reduction on rocket-jumps of around 20%, maybe also buff the mantreads as well by giving it fall damage reduction to keep it a viable choice.

>Nerf
Darwin's - go back to just having a health boost but block over-healing, or remove the health bonus altogether.

>rework
Sapper - allow a spy to slide it on the floor similar to meet the spy. causes buildings in an aoe to be sapped, and requires the engineer or others to do damage to the sapper to destroy it. Causes sappers to be on cooldown after doing it.
southern hospitality - hell if I know, only idea would be to increase the hauling speed and redeploying speed to let it fill a niche for engineers who want to place their sentries in really weird places, which would be better than "stock wrench but worse"
Afterburn - picking up a healthpack while on fire only removes the afterburn but doesn't heal.

Maybe it's just me, but the Tribalman's shiv seems really underpowered compared to the other sniper melee weapons, but I wouldn't know how to buff or rework it that isn't just reducing the damage penalty.

this is great

>>you shouldnt remove the item that allows scout to literally run past his hard counter's gimmick
>i disagree with this

The Sentry Gun, in its original Team Fortress incarnation, was designed to stop Scout from rushing objectives as he pleased. If you remove Scout's ability to capture objectives after he drinks Bonk, there's no issue.

>at least make it some sort of risk/reward

The risk is not having your enormously useful Shotgun, meaning Scouts and other Soldiers will rape you 1v1 when your clip goes empty.

>scorch gun is useless

it's not useless because it does four things the flare gun can't (mini rocket jump, destroy stickybombs in an AoE, ignite enemy players in an AoE, knock back enemies from range to throw off their aim)

It's the best anti-Sniper weapon out of all the Flare Guns, and it's actually very popular

You haven't read the lore properly then. All meka pilots are gamers. They are picked because they have faster twitch reflexes and can multi task better than the regular soldiers. When the program shifted from drones to manned platforms, the military was desperate for pilots and gamers met the requirements without the lengthy training needed to bring regulars up to spec

>just played TF2 for the first time in half a year
>it still has that magical TF2 feel

exactly, and bonk allows him to do exactly that. for example, in capture the flag, unless the engie made turrets explicitly on the point (rarely except on 2fort and even then) scout can run right past all the defenses except a pyro for whatever reason in his way, grab the objective and move it all the way up to the turret making it easier for your team to cap it, which is a broken weapon for the fastest character to me. maybe if it only dodged every other shot it wouldn't be as fucking broken so maybe not removed but i don't agree that it isn't a problem

as for gunboats, yeah alright there is a risk and reward, i still don't like how it makes the soldier a hard counter to a sniper even moreso than a fucking spy by being hard to hit and giving him more mobility than even scout

and scorch gun, i don't think it should be a "anti sniper", i know how its used. it isn't useless either but in comparison to a shotgun or a flare gun it is fucking worse. or maybe remove flare gun in favor of buffing scorch gun

whatever it doesn't matter, you don't have to worry im not in power at valve

>Sun-on-a-stick - 2/3 hits to ignite someone, change crits on ignited enemies to mini-crits
I like this one, but SoaS isn't urgently in need of a buff anyway. Its current stats make it pretty viable if both teams have a Pyro.

>Gunboats - give it a damage reduction on rocket-jumps of around 20%
Gunboats is a good unlock with a very close equip rate alongside stock that doesn't need buffing.

>maybe also buff the mantreads as well by giving it fall damage reduction to keep it a viable choice
I'm behind this idea 100%.

>southern hospitality "stock wrench but worse"
in Highlander it's considered a downgrade because perma-Pyro, but in 6s it's considered "stock wrench but better", because the only time you use Engie is defending last, and Pyro is a shit offensive class very rarely run to last, so the bleed effect's potential usefulness against Spies outweighs the downside of additional fire damage.

>Maybe it's just me, but the Tribalman's shiv seems really underpowered compared to the other sniper melee weapons
It's just you, the bleed effect is very useful for tracking cloaked Spies (Sniper's intended counter), hence the hefty damage penalty.

Man, Spy has really become an unfun gimmick class. I feel like I'm gimping myself if I'm not using the Dead Ringer with how strong it has become, but I also know that it's incredibly annoying to fight against. Combine it with some ridiculous synergy of the Ambassador/L'Etranger and Spycicle and you have a class that feels stupid to play as and is horrible to play against.

I miss when the most effective way to Spy was to... actually sneak behind people.

i still dont understand why the dead ringer wont allow pyro to ignite him. and not even on initial hit, the ENTIRE time the spy is cloaked, you have to actually keep a steady stream of fire on the spy and he moves as fast as scout while cloaked its fucking ridiculous

What if they buffed Pyro by giving him the second fastest running speed inbetween scout and medic? This would instantly make him more viable since every character couldn't just outrun him, making pyro more effective in close range.

>exactly, and bonk allows him to do exactly that. for example, in capture the flag, unless the engie made turrets explicitly on the point (rarely except on 2fort and even then) scout can run right past all the defenses except a pyro for whatever reason in his way, grab the objective and move it all the way up to the turret making it easier for your team to cap it

Which is why I said in my first post that all it needs is for it to remove Scout's ability to capture objectives after he drinks it. That will remove that problem, without taking away the weapon.

>or maybe remove flare gun in favor of buffing scorch gun
It's fine man, neither of them need to be changed. Flare has its niche for the people who like straight up damage, and Scorch is for versatility.

As it is suggesting for a weapon to be removed would never fly, people have strange dicksuck epeen 2000 killcount versions of the weapons and they would throw a massive temper tanty and boycott valve if it happened

Yeah, just that change would make it much more bearable already. It's awful that the best counter for Spies at the moment is... Snipers.

That's stupid, because then he just becomes a more powerful Scout. The entire point is to catch people off-guard, not catch up with them.

It's only 3 seconds of afterburn immunity.

But it's because Valve made the Pyro/Spy balance relationship factors above any of the other class balance interactions, and they're trying to bring it more in line with the rest of the game.

>you [should] remove the item that allows scout to literally run past his hard counter's gimmick
user, "Weapon that renders a hard counter powerless" is a good half of the unlocks in the fucking game.

so scout shouldn't be able to capture any objective ever while having bonk equipped? that would work, but would make scout useless on objectives beyond distracting turrets

Because that would just make Pyro W+M1 more annoying in pubs and small maps, which would lead to a mass exodus of pub players from TF2; and comp players would probably just ban him because they want to encourage skilled play.

Buffs to Pyro need to focus on making it more viable through skilled means, so that low-effort W+M1 doesn't anger the 90% of TF2's community, and so that it is interesting to watch and play.

Currently the counterplay to Pyro is running backwards out of its primary range while shooting at it, especially for Medics, because the large AoE of the Flamethrower means dodging from side to side doesn't do much like with hitscan classes.

If you can no longer do that counterplay, what counterplay is there to a Pyro ALLAHU AKBAR'ing its way into you?

>all these people who never understood the joke until now
Jesus fucking Christ. These are the retards that still play this game. No wonder the remaining community is such a stinking shithole of retards and braindead BRs.

Not when equipped, just after he consumes it.

>Bonk
>backcaps

If there's zero people on the point AND no-one communicating that a Scout went past, it's that team's turn to lose.

For CTF, he needs to go back and run past the defense again, as well, and he can't use Bonk while holding the flag. Bonk is perfectly fine as-is.

>The entire point is to catch people off-guard
If a Pyro doesn't move for 1.5 seconds, he becomes fully invisible until he next moves or attacks. Please hire me Valve.

But really, when the Pyro has limited range and doesn't have the speed of Scout, the mobility of Soldier/Demoman, or the invisibility of Spy, how is he supposed to meaningfully catch people off-guard that can't be done with a Heavy or most of the other classes? A couple of shotguns to the back is more quickly lethal than lighting them on fire and hoping they burn fast.

>"stock wrench but worse"
As an engie main, SH is strictly better than stock. Free bleeding+easy spychecking for what? You die to pyros somewhat faster? You shouldnt even be close to a pyro as engie in the first place. It just needs a slightly bigger downside to it, and itll be balanced.

If Valve designed Rock Paper Scissors they would make the rock pointy enough to pierce paper, the scissors harder to resist the rock, and the paper would be made out of metal so scissors don't cut it
This design philosophy gets dumb really fast and it shows in this game

nowhere near half, and i already listed all the ones that i knew that were counters against hard counter in what i wanted removed

but then he could still run past the entire other team's defenses, jump over dispensers, the whole nine yards and then bring the intelligence all the way back as far as he can go, likely able to get away without dying because the current engie setup is probably pointing in a specific direction making it take longer for the turret to even defend the spot

a good scout can be a good fighter, there could be a soldier camping the room on 2fort but a scout could easily kill him and any friends except a heavy and a pyro. its an unfair advantage which is the whole problem, the engineer is supposed to be able to hard counter the scout

>"Weapon that renders a hard counter powerless" is a good half of the unlocks in the fucking game
Maybe actually list some to prove your point. Not him, but it's late and I can't think of any others besides the Razorback and the Spycycle.

Short circuit destroys projectiles, and that's all demoman has.

see its literally the second weapon i wanted removed completely

I don't think I was talking to you, buddy.

if that wasn't you, nobody was talking to you either

Good one. And I think the Heavy minigun that creates flames is one. Hell, Jarate too.

>For CTF, he needs to go back and run past the defense again, as well, and he can't use Bonk while holding the flag

I agree with this, but the real problem with Bonk! is 5CP and A/D.

>If there's zero people on the point AND no-one communicating that a Scout went past, it's that team's turn to lose

In a 6v6 match, which is how Valve is competitively played because it's impossible to match together 24 people of roughly equal skill level, Bonk is a completely different matter.

Here's an example of how it breaks the game.

>BLU is holding last, trying to push out to capture second

>RED have all their people comfily camped at second, along with a Bonk! carrying Scout

>In a normal game of TF2, BLU would push out of all three routes from last to second, and anyone who tries to go past them to last gets killed on the way there, because with 6 players the roamer, flank scouts, and combo can cover all three routes and kill anything that tries to pass.

>Bonk! changes this so that a Scout can rush right past them to last

>Because defenders don't want to risk losing their last point (and thus the game) if the 1 Scout they send back fails to win the 1v1, they have to send 2 Scouts back to deal with the Bonk! Scout, putting them at a big disadvantage as they have no Scouts

>Defenders almost guaranteed to lose the ensuing midfight for a sac of just one player

If you have someone sitting at last like you suggest, you're always at a 1-man disadvantage when you try to push out to second, which means defenders are always doomed to lose once they get pushed to last.

With Bonk! Cola backcaps in existence, defenders totally lose the ability to safely push out from last to second, and this makes the game broken.

*which is how TF2 is competitively played

long day

DED....ded, put mam on da phone

I miss pubs.

>SH is strictly better than stock.
>in Highlander it's considered a downgrade because perma-Pyro, but in 6s it's considered "stock wrench but better"
>It's just you, the bleed effect is very useful for tracking cloaked Spies (Sniper's intended counter), hence the hefty damage penalty.

It sounds like I should give these weapons another try; it seems like I have been a bit too hasty in judging them and should use them to have a much better judgement on them.

So do I.
I miss playing Suijin for 3 hours straight.

>but then he could still run past the entire other team's defenses, jump over dispensers, the whole nine yards and then bring the intelligence all the way back as far as he can go
user you don't understand, I mean you wouldn't be able to pick up the intel at all after drinking it.

As for your pic related: I used to post that here a lot, if you saved it from Cred Forums you probably saved it from one of my posts. I have to say I disagree with the "hard counters" part. All counters in TF2 are soft counters, because every class has the potential to kill its counter through luck or skill.

It was kind of nice to drop into a recently started game of ctf_landfall and challenge whoever was topfragging to a duel.

>and this makes the game broken.
>a single unlockable breaks the entire game because it is slightly optimal in a player-defined competitive format, and even then only in a hypothetical scenario that correctly punishes a player for playing badly (ie losing a 1v1)
Not him, but I think your logic is heavily flawed.

Imagine the banter from the TF2 mercs dominating the Overwatch heroes

>Finish a game
>Have to start looking for another match
I loved playing on the same server for 2 hours sometimes with the same random people.
This new system has really killed the pub community, also because everyone seems way more aggressive now.

>This new system has really killed the pub community, also because everyone seems way more aggressive now.
Not to mention the people you do get are the same assholes who were kicking your ass in the last match.
And they're still on the opposite team. Every fucking time.

>way more aggressive now.
Yeah, I didn't sit in a queue for 4 minutes to a friendly heavy taking a spot on my team.

Thankfully that groupqueue now matches you with other groups more often.

Not what i meant you retard.
I meant the community just seems way more bent on winning, often people screaming on their mic or spamming in chat with Caps on.
People getting REALLY angry when the team comp isn't perfect ect. ect.
Seems like everyone is in it to win and nothing else, not to enjoy the match.

No autobalance is good but the whole thing feels a lot more impersonal now. It's a change for the worse.

you don't understand. let me give you some perspective, i play casually. here is an example on a seemingly braindead fucking map always played, most popular ctf map. if there isn't 4 engineers, there is only 1. lets say this engineer wants to setup like in this image, it would protect the entire spawn, nearly every encounter on this level happens in this exact area. unless they rocketjumped to floor 2 or a scout used one of his multiple extra jump options or coasted the top, nothing is getting in so you might want to protect this spot. oh but a fucking scout just bonked and ran past your shit, if you moved your turret 50/50 chance he might not go out the door you expect, and would leave your base open to intruders. so if he goes up the ramp, you absolutely HAVE to move your shit up top because anyone capable of going through top floor fucking will while heavies and medics storm below making it that much easier for them to cap and leave the your team defenseless.

and lets say he didn't do this. he can distract the turrets making them completely useless against demomen and soldier rape this isn't balanced at all

Didn't even know this existed until now. Is this going to be the last hurrah for TF2 in terms of official content and community upkeep before it finally croaks?

>he can distract the turrets making them completely useless against demomen and soldier rape this isn't balanced at all
What, two team members coordinating their abilities shouldn't be capable of beating a turret?
It's not like Bonk lasts forever and permanently makes the turret useless, the soldier or demo needs to be prepared to take advantage of the time he has.

>Loch ness hamster

you can coordinate without completely nullifying the use of a fucking class, what the fuck is the engineer supposed to do? if the answer is nothing, protip faggot, its broken

Vanilla Axetinguisher just like how it should be
Ubersaw only does 20%
KGB stores guaranteed crits in Mouse 2 with each non-critical kill instead of granting you five seconds of it

With that out the way, we take TF2 and push it somewhere else

>Ubersaw only does 20%
fucking this, im tired of only being able to use the ubersaw because its stupid not to

They already nerfed it hard so only those that are right in front of you get destroyed, and that each projectile destroyed is an additional 5 metal on top of the base cost of alt-firing.

>The Engineer can't win alone against multiple members of the enemy team working together
>He's completely nullified
If the scout is alone against an Engineer, the Bonk isn't going to give him the ability to take down the turret. They're still fucked.
If they have a class who is a great counter for turrets helping them like Demo or Soldier. Of course they're going to fucking beat a single engineer.
Stop being retarded.

>only now realize i've dumped 5,000 hours into tf2
So what happens now?

Keep playing or move on like any other video game.

i finally figured out you are trolling, should have taken less time, im copping out and ill still complain every opportunity i can because its broken, you cant convince me it isn't and the game would be better without it, fuck you

Damn dude no need to be a hothead. Have a sip.

It's why it's banned user, they've playtested it numerous times before when it was unbanned and it causes defenders to be incapable of safely pushing. This is why all leagues ban it, even after their recent runthrough of weapons being unbanned, it continues to be banned.

teamfortress.tv/36168/league-admins-unveil-global-whitelist

Question my logic all you want but it's not my logic you're dealing with.

>a nice cold soda
fucker, that's an energy drink

I think you mean a Fizzy Lifting Drink.

wew

>fake competitive leagues
>logic
Please tell me you're joking.

The other user isnt me and I wouldn't have been as rude as him, but otherwise I generally agree with what he's saying.

2 players should have the advantage against 1 player, it's only fair. If you're saying that a Scout and another class can beat a lone Engineer, you're discounting that Engineer's ally who is nearby, and can be someone like Pyro who can airblast away the Bonked scout, making him useless.

Take away the Scout's other ally just him vs the Engineer, and running in front of the Sentry while Bonked does nothing.

>oh but a fucking scout just bonked and ran past your shit

If Scout's ability to capture or pick up objectives is removed after he drinks it, who gives a shit?

wow, same

How are they fake? They have lots of players, they even have real money prizes when they can afford them, and they've been around for years

And I've seen trade servers running frag contests who gave out real prizes, had lots of players, and have been around for years. Doesn't mean that that's actually a competition.

The main update this game needs is to update some of the 10 year old code and make it more optimized so it doesn't run like shit.

a single demoman with some skill can take out a turret by himself with advantage. a single bonk user can make even medic be able to counter a turret with his needle gun. you are acting like every single class should be able to walk in a room with a turret and not die when the whole point of engineer is to be capable of defending. bonk gives an advantage nothing else gives, sure there are situations where it wont be as effective but drop the theory, in practice 100 percent of the time, even with a pyro airblasting him and the turret pinning him to the fucking ceiling, the team with a bonk user will have an unfair advantage

I'd rate Heavy mains higher in cancer due to their annoying disposition to be friendly heavies and make unfunny sandwich memes.

>Cred Forums cares more about shitty youtube videos they remember watching when they were 13 than actual games

i love neo Cred Forums

>tf2 competitive leagues aren't a competition

that's a good joke bro

>idiotic tf2 team manages to fix the quantaum crouch exploit
what they mean by this?

No, the joke is tf2 competitive leagues

I'd have to test but I think what they meant by that was that you'd no longer trigger the visleaf above you by Qcrouching into it.

>No, the joke is tf2 competitive leagues
and why do you think that exactly?

>tf2cucks trying to stay relevant in this day and age

what's goin' on folks? this is rich of reviewtechusa and *inhale* as many of you know I started a new job and... not even a month into it *inhale* I was laid off....

HAHAHAHAHA *inhale* SKIBIDIBAPUMDADA BOOM

what's goin' on folks? this is rich of reviewtechusa and *inhale* today I want to talk about politics... Trump is a racist and *inhale* I base that off absolutely nothing

HAHAHAHAHA *inhale* SKIBIDIBAPUMDADA BOOM

>almost 2000 hours in tf2

>next to no cosmetics in general, even less for specific classes

Most of it is fucking halloween stuff. How do people get so much hats when they rarely drop?

FUCK YOU MARRYUS PREPARE TO BE ANNIHILATED BY YOUR BOY MARFUCK

i am just waiting for quake champions so i can get my team shooter fix without all the unbalanced class weapons and stupid infuriating shit like random crits.

speaking of why the fuck are random crits still a fucking thing, everybody complains about them, if the devs even opened tf2 for one fucking match they would find people complaining why havent they done anything about this shit? i am so fucking mad

I miss the old zombie fortress. The perks were so much fun. That ribbit revival sucks balls.

I AM CREDIT TO TEAM

youtu.be/LHgEnN2PFzo

>i am just waiting for a game published by Bethesda

Prepare for your immense disappointment after D44M's multiplayer, son

it doesn't look THAT bad, they showed gameplay at quakecon where it looked like quake 3 with worse maps and better graphics. you pickup weapons too and there aren't loadouts so i cant possibly see how they fuck it up at this point

>you pickup weapons too and there aren't loadouts so i cant possibly see how they fuck it up at this point
that's what we thought with TES and Fallout

For a start, the character gimmicks they're putting in, such as wallhacks

wallhack might be a problem but that depends entirely on how useful the other characters abilities are. i mean ranger has air control and a teleporter from what we know, that is easily more useful than a situational 3 second wallhack

I see it being enormously imbalanced considering nu-id's track record, but good luck all the same. Please don't be dumb enough to preorder it

Nocrit servers exist.

how can you tell?

>Wow guys, look at how clever I am!

>who are you, president of his fan club?
>no, that would be your mother!
>wh-wh-what?
>and now, he's here to fuck us!

Genius

Meet the Spy was amazing but I kinda wish they stuck to the interview format instead of what they went with

>he's gonna turn red any second now!
>any second now...
>SEE, RED! Oh wait, that's blood...

In 6s with decent players, they can easily cover all flanks. This is not an issue, at all.

Plus, if you only have last left, people always wait for a counterpush, they aren't in some no-mans land between the point.

nm looking over all my 9s

Do you just not understand how to hide in this game at all, or actually have zero map knowledge? What the fuck?

Are Valve Official Servers back yet or is still a pile of shit with a poorly made matchmaking mode and only a load of skial servers for community ones

>In 6s with decent players, they can easily cover all flanks. This is not an issue, at all

It IS an issue, and that's why it's one of the 21 weapons out of 170+ present in TF2 that ESEA, Ozfortress, UGC and ETF2L ban.

In 6s with decent players, it allows any decent player to run right past the decent players who are covering the flanks (because you're fucking INVINCIBLE, no matter how decent they are) and backcap them, forcing them to send 2 people to deal with them.

And that's why it should make Scout lose his ability to capture after he drinks it, or force him to do X damage before he can use it, or otherwise reduce his capture speed from 2x to 0.5x.

I love this man.

This isn't really a big problem though, and it's banned mostly due to a fear of something rather than it being something that actually happens. Every once in a while, they just do 6v6 games to see what weapons could potentially be unbanned, and Bonk never ever posed a problem - teams always knew if there was someone behind, and the only cap point where it becomes a danger is last, where teams don't tend to leave the point or are at least close enough to stop it pretty easily. And then it's just a Scout caught in a shitty position.

Because you're not suppose to take any of it seriously
They hand wave most of everything
>the lore and game have almost nothing to do with each other

Gosh darn golly

>I'm gonna stick me thumbs up your eye and hang on till yer DEAD
>I'll send condolences to your kangaroo wife

Swap sniper with engineer and i agree

user I've replicated it myself in MM. To be fair it was in soloqueue versus an uncoordinated team, but it shows the problem is replicable. They've done the testing, and shown that the weapon fucks things up.

>and the only cap point where it becomes a danger is last, where teams don't tend to leave the point or are at least close enough to stop it pretty easily

Yes, generally last is the main reason half of these unlocks are banned (Pomson, Fos, Wrangler, etc). Last is already stalematey enough in 5CP with the abundance of defensive tools on defender's side making attackers nervous to push in, and the high risk of losing on defenders' side to make them nervous of pushing out. The last thing that is needed is an Uber in a can who poses a risk to the defenders of being backcapped and makes them even more likely to turtle like little pussies.

>And then it's just a Scout caught in a shitty position

If a Scout is "caught in a shitty position" behind the enemy lines when the enemy team's Medic is respawning and traveling to the front, he's going to get a big reward.

I have 2 major Solly Loadouts. Offensive: BBox, Battalion Back-up, and Equalizer for group pushes to try to break chokepoints

Defensive: BBox, Buff Banner, and Escape Plan for defnesive mini-crits and running away for health (Believe me, the BBanner has saved my team from more than one last minute enemy rush attempts.

Are you retarded? The engineers sentry is the hard counter to scout, giving him an unlock that completely nullifies that breaks the game!

Hell, why stop there? Why not add an unlock that prevents spies from backstabbing sni-

Oh...

O wait, what about a knife that makes spies immune to fla-

Oh...

You know what? Forget ballance, it's dumb anyway. Now let's give demoman a weapon that can destroy scouts in midair without any effort and give heavy an item that makes him immune to headshots.

Alot of the "HATS KILLED ART DIRECTION" moaning is due to running into squeakers with horrible cosmetic combos with obnoxious paints and cringy name/description tags.

Decent people actually try to combine the items and paints into beautiful loadouts, for example my spy loadout here.

Just ignore him, it's probably some dumb salty highlander pyro main.

Do you just play in teams that don't communicate whatsoever? A Medic who is caught with a Scout behind the lines ALONE has a fucking crap team, a Soldier or Scout should have met him there ages ago. Hell, a Medic caught alone at all whatsoever has a crap team, someone should always meet him at spawn.

Here's what actually happens in any actual match (not MM, come the hell on, we're talking about slightly less than braindead here): team pushes into last, get beat, other team counterpushes to cap second. They leave someone behind. They ALWAYS DO, because someone slipping through that they haven't seen is always a slight possibility, even without Bonk. People switch to Engineer or Heavy just for the purpose to defend last, and they're often left behind until second is capped. They then switch back to Scout. Where is Bonk supposed to have been the problem here?

that looks like fucking garbage though, nice

you can't possibly believe that looks anywhere near as good as no cosmetics

Fuck, I only just got that.

>robespierre
spy guillotine weapon when

Why was Meet the Spy so good?

>Here's what actually happens in any actual match (not MM, come the hell on, we're talking about slightly less than braindead here): team pushes into last, get beat, other team counterpushes to cap second. They leave someone behind

They can leave 1 person behind when Bonk is banned because the only thing that can possibly have gotten through without a fight is a cloaked Spy, and since Spies are poor combatants on their own and don't have a double capture rate, it's okay.

Scout is THE single best 1v1 DM class in the game, able to fuck up pretty much everyone in a direct fight. The only thing that slows him down is an Engineer, and that's assuming the Engineer has had time to build a Sentry nest to a respectable size, and that the defending team has gone Engineer in the first place because it's such a big time investment.

Any sensible team is not going to take that risk that if they send back/leave behind 1 person, and that person loses a DM fight to the Scout, that they lose the whole game (Badlands last literally takes 2 seconds to cap, for example, and that's before Scout's double cap rate). So they have to send back 2 people to deal with the Bonk Scout. And that leaves them at a man advantage which the other team can push off and crush them, discouraging pushes out from defenders and encouraging pussy-ass parking the bus on the control point.

Don't start using smug faces with me fucker, you have literally no idea what you're talking about. 6s leagues don't ban things because of fear alone, they ban them because they've tested it and seen it to be shitty for the game. They attempted to make this whitelist as small as possible, and banned a lot of stuff that people weren't sure about like Beggar's Bazooka, which they wouldn't have done if they were ruled by fear.

Nah:
>DDS: fuck other Snipers
>Razorback: fuck Spies
>Overheal: fuck other Snipers, and fuck amby Spies
>Razorback+Overheal: literally what is a counter

I'd rather Axetinguisher be moved back to Gun Mettle - minicrits from front, full from behind was fine. It prevented "no counterplay" of M1-M2-3-M1 killing anything but a Heavy while rewarding proper flanking and Spy-like play.

1 second of immunity would be fine, but if the Pyro's still on you after a second despite your speed, you're obviously too predictable and deserve to be set on fire. Back in the 90% days, you could even reliably feign by hopping off a ledge and triggering, thus ducking under the flames and not being set ablaze again to fool the Pyro.

>an item that makes him immune to headshots
Fists of Steel says hi. One of the most hilariously strong weapons in Casual payload games. Sit on the cart and watch as the enemy team never once considers hitting you with a melee.

>every single class should be able to walk in a room with a turret and not die
No, every single class should be able to damage a turret that's not shooting at them. Do you also get upset because a Scout was able to shoot at it while an Ubered target was distracting it? Alternatively, use the Wrangler and shoot at the thing that isn't the invulnerable Scout.

Scout Dominating Tracer
>"Running beats gadgets any day ya Brit Bimbo!"
>"Hey maybe if I hit your time thingy enough, you'll keep repeatin dis dominatin I'm givin ya over and over"
>"Ohmigawd, You. Are. Annoying."

Soldier Dominating Soldier: 76
>"A real soldier would have dodge that son!"
>"Your gun is weak, and my rockets are bigger, I WIN!"
>"You have a rifle, I have a rocket launcher, guess who wins?"

Demo Dominating Junkrat
>"Bloody amateur you were lad!"
>"Guess yer firecrackers weren't a match for real bombs eh laddie?"
>"Go and hide behind your sow laddie!".

Engineer Dominating Torbjorn
>"American wins every time nordie."
>"Nice furniture, mine was made in good 'ole US of A."
>"Steaks beats meatballs son."

Sniper Dominating Widowmaker
>"Fancy goggles didn't see that comin now did they?"
>"All that fancy hypno training, just to get killed by a man who throws his own piss at people!"

Same here. Let us join together in our happiness.

Sorry, but no, you don't seem to know how high level competitive play matches go at all. A Bonk scout alone isn't going to suddenly backcap and force an entire team back, because THAT'S ALWAYS A DANGER ANYWAY. Bonk has nothing to do with that. The main problem with Bonk is that it allows a Scout to do extremely retarded shit (running in on a complete team and taking potshots at the Medic), then quickly dive away without a penalty. That's the reason it's banned, not backcaps, which are generally a non-issue in 6v6.

I'm not arguing the ban here. I understand the ban, but it's a ban based on not making the game dumb. There's more bans like that, like the Dalokohs Bar and Buffalo Steak and the Base Jumper. None of those are overpowered or need massive changes in any way, they just disrupt the gameflow.

Oh man, I didn't see that they unbanned the Base Jumper in that global whitelist, together with the Atomizer

what the hell are they doing

youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug

The Mann vs Machine trailer is still good today, I was so hyped for this update

>Sorry, but no, you don't seem to know how high level competitive play matches go at all

You're saying this while disagreeing with the reasoning of the high level competitive players and organizers from all regions who banned it. Bonk makes backcaps an extremely serious concern that punish pushes by defenders, and that's why it's banned and why you don't see it happen in high level competitive play matches.

>backcaps are generally a non-issue in 6v6

twitch clip CourageousMuleMau5

faggot

and the point is that Bonk is banned BECAUSE it makes backcaps more of an issue for fuck's sake

>I'm not arguing the ban here. I understand the ban

You lying fuck. "This isn't really a big problem though, and it's banned mostly due to a fear of something rather than it being something that actually happens"

Way to change tack, nigger. I have to go now, but let it be known that you're an ignorant and pretentious faggot.

they rebanned both of those after complaints

whitelist.tf/ugc_6v6_s22

Let me be clear then, because it seems you can't understand more than two sentences at the same time: I think it shouldn't have been banned, but I understand why they did it. Was that so hard? The only thing you've been doing is going IT'S BANNED = IT'S OP, which pretty obviously isn't true for quite a few banned weapons. And then you're taking the WRONG ISSUE with Bonk rather than the real reason it's banned.

But sure, go for namecalling. That'll show me.

>Rescue Ranger unbanned

this is some weird shit

Also, that clip, took me a bit to find it again:

Are you not seeing that BLU left two players behind to stop that Scout in the first place, or what? That's not a "backcap", it's "a single scout out-DMs another Scout and Soldier unexpectedly". Not really something where Bonk would've helped, either.

>asianic
fucking perfect.

THE BURNING YOU FEEL? It is shame.

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/19/Cm_scout_pregamefirst_comp_rare_01.mp3?t=20160710222130

no

if by alive you mean 100 people then yeah
>tfw used to be in the top 10 on leaderboard then the boosters/hackers took it all

>only
that's long enough for him to escape

that's not what he was implying you braindead retard

kek, hadn't seen the competitive responses yet

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/57/Cm_sniper_pregamefirst_6s_05.mp3?t=20160711000156

I just realized that earlier this year. 9 fucking years later, damn.

don't you dare touch the KGB you fat bald bastard

I'd put Pyro and Demo both one tier higher but otherwise top tier taste.

why do people give a fuck about comp e-celebs?

what?

sorry replied to the wrong person

Oh boy the Overwatch wank from that Death Battle

>Still get upset when I see all the new retarded weapon unusuals and silly hats

I want to reinstall but can't bring myself to do it. Where did all the years go.

I "got" it but never really thought it was funny at all, guess I'm not american.

i always thought he said "son who said that" as if someone spoke out of line, even though they are dead

haha it's funny because, like, he thinks sun tzu was the first to herd animals in a place and so, like haha from that day they called every place that had a bunch of animals a "Tzu" (zoo) and that's like super funny because americans don't know chinese and that Tzu sounds nothing like zoo and that, like is super funny because, LOL

I'm not American either and I found it hilarious, get the stick out of your arse.

Kill yourself, Overwatch scum.

But steel's heavier than feathers.

Just because you don't know how to air blast doesn't mean it isn't useful

I don't get it. So it's a pun, but what does that even mean? Ohh he said a word that sounds like this person I was talking about earlier? Unless there is something more to this, that's extremely forced.

I spent 3 dollars on 3 copies of Poker Night during a sale and traded them at scrap.tf for 3 keys, which was enough to fully outfit all of my classes. Give or take a little bit of extra scrap I had on hand. Backpack.tf and scrap.tf are how you get the shit you want.

the video is like 80 seconds long, just watch it, jesus fuck

meet the medic's last part gives me goosebumps

the music is top-tier

Oh fuck that got a good laugh from me.

>you can't possibly believe that looks anywhere near as good as no cosmetics
Not that guy, but you're right. The cosmetic-less classes are all amazingly designed and look awesome on their own. The catch is if you play without cosmetics, you'll inevitably get everybody on the server screaming at you, at least if you play well. People cannot wrap their mind around a 'newb' dominating them and they will throw the biggest bitchfit about it, every time. When I started wearing cosmetics the number of people throwing autistic fits at me dropped dramatically to the occasional shitter I could laugh about, instead of every fucking person in every game.

At least there's a mod for taking them all off client-side.