Nintendo trying to expand knowledge and use of their IPs

>Nintendo trying to expand knowledge and use of their IPs.
>Riding high on Amiibo bucks knowing that fanboys will buy up actual merchandise.
>Not a single fucking LEGO set based on Nintendo products because they jumped into bed with fucking K'nex.
Where the fuck are the officially licensed Metroid playsets, the Mario Kart Technic building projects or the Rosalina minifigs?
It's one of the biggest missed opportunities in video game merchandising history.

Anyway, what would your dream Video Game LEGO set look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlFDaorzRbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well if nintendo of europe wasn't a bunch of slackers maybe they should have contacted the Danes to make a deal instead of letting the American branch make a deal with an American company.

I just want a good Diddy Kong statue to sit on my desk senpai. It's all I've ever wanted.

>America's building toy

Pretty cheap marketing ploy for your shitty toy, K'nex. I don't give a fuck where legos come from, they rain surpreme. They come from one of the Scandinavian countries, right?

>nintendofags actually want nintendo to keep wasting time making shitty marketing deals

absolutely disgusting. you make me sick.

They come from Denmark.
That's why all LEGO customer support are incredibly friendly and helpful.

LEGO Gex the Gecko, anyone?

That doesn't look that bad
Too bad I am not supporting jewtendo no more. Fuck em.

For what reason would one call Lego tech support, and what do they do that's incredibly friendly and helpful? Free bricks?

>>Not a single fucking LEGO set based on Nintendo products
That is indeed stupid.

That said. The toy you linked looks fucking rad.

>K'NEX
I don't think I've ever seen anyone with those. All kids preferred/prefer LEGO.
Do they even have commercials anymore?

Yeah, it weird. Lego City Undercover is a WiiU exclusive and apparently Nintendo helped make it. Iwata is even in the credits as a producer.
Who knows, a lot of movie lisceneces like Spiderman or TMNT bounce back and forth between Lego and Megabloks, so maybe later Lego could get the Nintendo licence. Seems like it would be a slam dunk for both of them.

>$0.01 have been deposited in your account. Thank you for K'nexing the Record.

But seriously, it just looks a little bland and sterile to me. It's pretty just floating platforms with a couple of elements with no real thought into an interesting context or coherent world design. It doesn't feel like it's part of the world, just a random jumble of elements vaguely arranged.
Which is doubly sad because it makes it a licensed product that perfectly reflects Super Mario 3D Land.

Not him, but people order parts from them a lot.

>For what reason would one call Lego tech support, and what do they do that's incredibly friendly and helpful? Free bricks?
Actually they already have an online service where you can order a few replacment or missing bricks for free.
I only had to call them once, so that they could apply my VIP discount credit to a purchase I made online, because it was Black Friday and website was chugging at that time. They were really helpful and did with no problem.

Fuck you I love K'nex

I am pretty sure the main elements are the springs, catapults, and the canon. More so than being an accurate representation of the Mario world or anything like that.

As a child it would been pretty rad to successfully shoot Mario and or Luigi from point A to B, be it just a short distance or across the entire living room.

Only kids who never touched LEGO prefer K'nex or Mega Blocks. In fact, Mega Blocks are objectively worse.

His new amiibo honestly looks pretty good

Well the main reason that LEGO will never enter an agreement with Nintendo is due to a long standing feud between the two companies. Back in the late 60's when Nintendo was just a toy manufacturer they decided to try their own version of a locking brick building system and called it N&B Block. It was pretty much just loosely fitting LEGO but featured fancy circular bricks, while LEGO was mainly just classic brick designs at the time.

LEGO didn't appreciate this and tried suing Nintendo over patent infringement but ultimately lost, although the N&B brand was discontinued a few years later.

youtube.com/watch?v=WlFDaorzRbQ

I should also note that it just recently seems like their working relationship might be improving with Nintendo publishing Lego City Undercover.