So I've literally never seen this game talked about on here. At all. I've been watching videos for it...

So I've literally never seen this game talked about on here. At all. I've been watching videos for it, and it looks sick. I want to play it, but I also heard it was a commercial disaster. Is there something about it that sucks that I'm not seeing?

Any of yall play it? I want to try it.

It's Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, by the way.

just pirate it and see it for yourself

Yeah - I was gonna buy it on Steam, but it's $20.

Isn't there some robust and hard-to-get-around EULA on it, though?

The game was shilled here when it was released. Turns it out was just a mediocre open world RPG. Wasn't bad but wasn't that good either.

The company went bankrupt because the owner spent all the money on coke or something and got bought by Rhode Island.

It's a single player mmo
Garbage unless you've never played a single generic mmo in your life

>got bought by Rhode Island
That never gets old.

Most people get half way through then drop it

maybe because you're a newfag and it's been out for a long time you stupid rebbit cuck

It's a solid game, it was a commercial failure because despite selling millions of copies it went waaaaaaaaay over budget

the game was okay

it was funnier to watch Rhode Island slowly realize how badly they'd fucked up by investing in the company behind it

the developer is dead, why give monet to EA?

good game

basically a single player MMO but with better more fun combat, though easy

It's an offline mmo
The Quests kind of suck

So the combat is basically just single click, wait to kill, drink a potion and repeat? I thought the combat looked pretty unique and satisfying.

Agree with what others have said. The game is kinda fun and has potential, but it's just same shit for hundreds of hours. I got bored of the game after around 20. Maybe a 75/100 game, would not recommed it if it was not on sale.

Buy Witcher 3 instead if you haven't played it yet.

It's action combat. The combat is the funniest part of the game, but it's nothing special.

It's a great game, but it had a harsh development cycle. Devs got fucked over, Rhode Island got fucked over, EA jacked off.
Usual stuff.

>Fable "For Men"

It's a pretty good game. I bought all the DLC for it because I enjoyed it sp much. Combat feels a lot like Fable with some stealth and light combos thrown in. I liked the idea of breaking Fate and choosing your own path in life, but I was upset with the sequel bait at the end. Artstyle is really cool, and exploration is nice because of it. There's a few quests that are really fun too.

Its not a bad game, Just ASTONISHINGLY mediocre. I did everything there is to do, if you like god of war combat and WoW style questing this game is for you.

Think this as a prototype of Dragon Dogma without grabbing and Pawn system, made by western dev

The developer bankrupt Rhode Island or something.

Owner was just in the news because he agreed to a settlement.

It's actually a good game. It has some drawbacks and isn't perfect, but it should have done better than it did. The only reason it was a
>commercial disaster
was because it didn't sell the amount that the publisher (EA, big surprise) demanded in their contract, which meant the devs didn't get their bonus, which caused the devs to go bankrupt.

It plays like an MMO, but it has actually FUN and somewhat in depth combat which you can switch up for very varied styles.

The world is ok, nothing amazing but definitely not bad. If it had multiplayer, it would be a great game. But it doesn't have multiplayer. I give it a 6.5-7/10, it's definitely worth playing once.

Alright, so, this was one of the reasons why everybody hated EA. Although it's also the owner's fault too.

>developer goes overbudget for his game
>borrows from the state of RI, and states that it'll be a successful company leading to many jobs created for years to come
>owner is a former professional baseball player and this is his second dream as a child
>invests all of his money into it
>develops assets for both the sequel and an actual MMO as well
>the game basically builds up the lore and is supposed to be all about the MMO
>it's time to resign
>EA gets first dibs due to being the publisher of the first title
>they refuse
>all other game companies wonder why the hell EA would not want this game, and believe it will be a commercial flop
>other publishers all pass on it
>company files for bankruptcy
>EA comes in and says they'll buy the game and its rights for pennies on the dollar
>they get it
>they talk about how excited they are for the prospect of KoA2

I like how you blame EA but ignore how mismanaged the company was. Spoiler: If you're relying on a bonus that is guaranteed, you're already in trouble.

I didn't say they were faultless, but I still blame EA more than them.

Why would you think that an EULA means shit? Are you autistic?

So we may have a koa2 but not by the original dev?

Yep. It's currently in the possession of EA. Doubt they'd rewrite what they've already written. But the assets would probably be changed whenever EA pawn it off to one of their developers.

Single player MMO with fun combat. Big open world wasted by going from point to point doing shitty sidequests and the main story is boring.

You forgot

>Owner gets sued and gets cancer

Its idea guy throws money around, the game.

it's a single-player mmo
it's okay for a while, but ultimately gets boring

Was this ever added to the "Thing Destroyed by EA" image?

I'm glad I opened up Cred Forums today.

Successful athlete looking to also live out another childhood dream after finishing up his first. Only it bankrupts him, he loses everything he ever earned, everything he's ever created is now owned by EA, the state of RI financially owns him and now has cancer.

It really put into perspective just now how much of a pity party I'm fucking having after losing my 50k a year job two months ago, finding out my girlfriend was actually batshit insane the whole time, losing all contacts from my last job and only liked me for my and only finding shit work in the mean time.

I have a right to be depressed, but fuck, not to any extent I was acting. Thanks Curt Schilling.

When people strawman about "generic RPGs" Kingdoms of Amalur is the game they're talking about.

But it's a good game, faggot.

Maybe if you're really young and havent read any fantasy or played any rpg before.

Sorry you got triggered by something outside of your RPGcodex circlejerk.

It's an okay game at it's very greatest moments.