Dragon's Dogma

Why would they make this enemy immune to almost every spell in the game? How is a sorcerer supposed to deal with this in less then 10 minutes if the pawns are too retarded to target the medals?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/50/?
reddit.com/r/DragonsDogmods/comments/41dhbm/request_stat_growth_mod/cz1pteo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Metal golem with a warrior is worse.

Why would you play any class but archer OP?

Is there a game called Flagon's Phlegma? Because there should be.

Warrior is bad for anything that requires mobility to fight effectively.

>How is a sorcerer supposed to deal with this in less then 10 minutes if the pawns are too retarded to target the medals?
YOU PUT DOWN THE STICK, CLIMB THE DAMN ROCKMAN, AND PUNCH IT WITH YOUR FISTS!

Because I want to throw meteors at shit.

>sorcerer bitching about anything

Try going through BBI as a warrior then say shit.

>Not playing a Ranger
Jesus to fuck, OP.
Ranger is the most OP shit in this bitch. Highest DPS in the game. Tenfold Flurry + periapt + explosive arrows = become death. Make sure you have the right augs too.
You can kill Death in Bitterblack Isle in a single spawn with this, as it both fucks his HP up and knocks him down. It's great for farming Daemon too. Any other class is fucking shit.

I did faggot. Warrior is the most fun class in my opinion, I just wanted to try magic.

>actually fighting golems of any kind
I don't recall a single golem, even the metal golems in Bitterblack or The Everfall that you actually need to kill.

Either way;
>he doesn't train his pawns to play properly
You know they learn from you, right? You can even personally set them up with the right personality traits.
Also, Pure Melee have it worse;
>trying to kill living armours as melee

This is why Magick Archer is the best class in the game.

>not properly training your pawns
>not hiring good pawns if you're a lazy ass
>not punching it

>Warrior is the most fun class in my opinion

Well shit I didn't know. But either way you can't deny that Warrior is overall the most gimped class in the game.

Why are people complaining about these fucking golems? Just hit the spots its not even hard on a warrior.

Holy shit this. Even with pawns with the right inclinations it's such a fucking chore. And the Ur-dragon too.

>Ranger
kek. spoken like a true scrub.

Magick Archer is the most OP class;
>have access to all elements
>don't have to buy periapts, because you get a skill which does both Melee and Magic +% increase and it stacks four times
>Immolate +1k kisses for Dragons for instant kills
>9 fold for everything else
>Ricochet spam for when indoors to kill everything without even trying
>tfw killing death in less than 10 seconds
>tfw killing daimon on hardmode in less than 10 seconds
>tfw one shotting living armour from seven miles away because Magick Archers have infinite range with 9 fold
>tfw one shotting everything but bosses

Yeah, it's gimped as fuck, but if you have the right gear and attack power, and you can time your special attacks right, it's satisfying as hell

>tfw outright killing a Gorechimera with a single Arc of Obliteration

>No necessary golems
You need to kill the one in Witchwood to get the Arisen's bond
>Train your pawn
I have done nothing but pure mage/sorcerer this play through, my fighter pawn will have to learn on it's own.
They are gimped pretty badly but they feel so bad ass if you time the attacks properly.

>having bad pawns

Trying raising your pawns right. My brown amazon ranger pawn can solo the game.

>Arisen's Bond
Oh, I never did that shit because the affinity related shit was useless when you can just do it another way anyway.

Also, train your pawn with the Inn Seats if you can't do it personally.
Or hire pawns with good personalities.

>lol just use the OP class

Every single thread. Believe it or not some of us don't want to just roll with the easiest classes to play.

I haven't tried MA. My understanding is that you basically need 10 levels of Mage, and 190 of Sorc, plus the BB Magick Bow, to make it worth a fuck. Too big of an investment, and too boring for too long.

Yeah I was soloing this game at like 50 as a Ranger. It's funny, because the game becomes so much more fun when you play without Pawns

>Warrior spends 10 minutes killing single gorechimera
>cast one spell on my sorcerer and kill an entire room of Gorechimera, Gorecyclops in less than 30 seconds
I feel so bad for Warriors. They're so fucking bad.

At the very least they could have given them six skills like a Sorcerer. Or a Roll ability like a Strider.

It is normally a 5 minute detour with Warrior or any other vocation that is not mage or sorcerer.
>Hire pawns with good personalities
I play offline, and I normally avoid using pawns all together, I will occasionally use my main one as a meat shield.

>It's funny, because the game becomes so much more fun when you play without Pawns

While I can solo, I stated my PAWN can solo. A properly trained PAWN can solo the game.

My niggers. It's exactly why Warrior is my favorite class. Fuck assassins and rangers and magick archers and their OP spammy bullshit.

>tfw making two XB Live accounts and friending your main acc so you can use your main's high level Pawn for free on your low level newb

All of the archer classes in the game make fighting boring, the only one that is slightly fun is Strider and that is due to being able to Sonic my way through the game

i kinda want to play this game again. what are some good mods to put on it to spice things up

>Mystic Knight is a better tank than a Fighter
>Mystic Knights can Block Spells with shield enchants
>Mystic Knights can block AOE's
>Mystic Knights can cleanse all debuffs
>Mystic Knights are actually five times stronger as pure Melee than Magic Canon Spam
This is so weird. Just play a Mystic Knight as a Tanky Paladin instead of a Battle Mage, and it's so fucking easy to solo the game even on Hard Mode.

I just spent about two hours in Daimon's room seeing how long it takes for him to kill me if I just spent the entire time holding block. He couldn't even take one 1% of my HP and I was just standing still blocking everything.

In case you didn't read the first post, the weak spots on a golem can't be targeted or hit with nearly all magic

D E V L I S H
E
V
L
I
S
H

>tfw headshotting an ogre with Great Gamble

>giving end game gear to your low level account
>farming Rift Points and EXP on your low level for your main
>going on your main account, hiring the low level pawn, rushing through all of bitterblack several times, then having over several million in Rift Crystals, then hiring two level 200 Pawns as a level 1 so you can rush through the game
It's so easy to abuse the pawn system in this game.

You could just go full Strider/Ass or Strider/Ass/War. Min/maxing in DD is the dumbest shit. Most classes are OP as fuck by level 120.

>tfw playing a warrior and you jump and hit a harpy in mid-air

>My understanding is that you basically need 10 levels of Mage, and 190 of Sorc, plus the BB Magick Bow, to make it worth a fuck.

That's an idiotic thing to say OR believe. MA is extremely powerful pretty early on, that said it's better to gain levels as other classes so use vocation restriction cheats.

>see pawn grab harpy and tell me to kick it's shit in
>"Woah that was cool as fuck, let me try it!"
>jump up and grab one
>it flies up into fucking space while I'm just dangling there
>freaking out
>up there for like thirty seconds
>well, I guess this isn't so bad I'll just wait unt--
>I fell
>mfw pawn catches me
First time I realised how much I love this game.

I hate it when people say that, I mainly try to play other classes until both my magick and physical attacks will reach 500 by level 200.

Warrior best class

This. Mystic Knights are the best Melee class in the game, by far. Their parry/reflects are the best as well.

Are there mods/hacks for this game to add Rift Crystals?

I want to play through it again on PC, but I've already played the shit out of it on console and don't want to purchase it again. Was thinking of doing a solo MA build and come BBI I will be completely fucked when it comes to decursing shit.

What cheats are those?

What are you talking about? I was just referring to fighting a metal golem as a warrior.

>All this bitching
Just play the game like shadow of the colossus and gouge everything to dead

>tfw just mindlessly spamming Brain Splitter over and over and you just keep winning the game

What am I supposed to gouge it with? My staff lost the ability to be swung as a sorcerer.

>All Magic % Increase Perks
>All Physical % Increase Perks
>Mix Magic / Phys Weapon with focus on Physical Damage
>Stone Jungle Gorechimera and one shot it
>pop 8 periapts, 4 physic, 4 mag and use it on Frost Wyrm, one shot it too
>use it on Daimon
>second phase instantly
Stone Jungle is so fun

>Sorcerer
>Staff
Assassin gets a skill called gouge, its literally like attacking the runes in SotC

>what are ranger pawns
>what are strider pawns
Beside, there isn't a single Golem you actually need to kill. And don't give me that bullshit about the one in that forest. Because that ring is fucking shit, and you don't even need it. You can just max your affinity without it.

I do not plan on using Assassin for a pure magic character.

>Magic
that's your problem
You huge fucking nerd

I mainly play warrior, Assassin is for fuccbois.

>Not enjoy SotC
so you are a poser
a nerd
and a philistine

>Assassin is the only class that can climb

Doing that by choice is great and all, but I don't think one should be forced to play 200 levels of completely different classes so the class you really like doesn't have shit stat distribution.

>What cheats are those?
Cheats that let you equip any weapons, armor and moves as any class. Both Cheat Engine and the dinput8 mod have those options.

Post Seneschals with questionable fashion.

>Other classes can gouge
Muh spells!

>went into that entire cut scene in the most gayest clothes imaginable
>forgot to screenshot
Fucking idiot.

You only need 63 levels in other vocations to get to 500 in both magic and attack.

You can fucking beat the game twice by level 63.

>Gouging when you can bludgeon an enemy to death with a weapon hilt.

>being so retarded that you use the handle rather then the striking end
You call that a selling point?

You can grind levels easily outside of the great wall and by grinding the Ur Dragon.

>Being so retarded you can't wear armor for any real reason.

I don't want to fucking grind levels. I want to play the game mostly with the class I like. It's one thing to play other classes for a few levels so you gain ranks for augments, quite another to ruin the game for yourself grinding enough levels to beat story mode twice instead of, you know, PLAYING THE GAME just so your stat distribution isn't garbage.

?????

I am not defending the way stats are in the game. You can honestly play MA without doing that. I just prefer to do it this way because it gives you more flexibility later on.

I just prefer to cheat to get around the bad stat distribution. That way I play the class I WANT TO PLAY and simultaneously avoid either gimping myself or my play experience.

That is the best way to do it honestly. Stat distribution is shit in this game.

I think you mixed up assassin and mage there.
Assassins even get shields, rather then just a towel and a stick.

"Manly sorcerer" memes aside, it really is your best bet to unequip your staff, grapple it, and punch it's medallions to death.

Not even bullshitting, unarmed is blunt damage, which any golem is weak to. Boot the game up right now and try it, I didn't find out until 200 hrs in.

I am talking about practical heavy armor, light armor is shit in both stats and look.

>Heavy
>Practical

I rented this game for console a while back. Played it until I got to the city, went to this celler and had to run away from a monster up the long "staircase". Got bored and returned the game. Now that I'm PC and it's 2-3 years later, should I give the game a try again if I wasn't enjoying it by the time I got to.. what was it, Grand shelt? Gran Soren? Gran something.

>Wearing leather armor or robes in a fight where you are outnumbered increases your chance of surviving

Grand Shitter aka you

just plow through the main story so you aren't garbage and get to bitterblack isle ASAP

that's the actual good part of the game

>being slow ass fuck helps you when you are outnumbered
>even having problems with groups of enemies in any armor
No wonder there is all this bitching about Ur and golems being hard, if you think groups of enemies are ever a problem.

That's pretty much the beginning. The first like five hours of this game are terrible.

That's the biggest issue with this game. It's heavily reliant on skills and abilities. So when you're a low level struggling for money, exp and quests, it's really fucking boring because you have no abilities to make the gameplay really cuhrazy.

>I am literally physically stronger then anyone else but I can't move fast with a little extra weight.
>Implying I have trouble with groups
>Implying I have trouble with golem or ur dragon as pure melee

>What is climbing

Just started this game on hard mode.

It's pretty fun but I hate running back and forth all day to complete side quests. I chose Mystic Knight but have been playing him tank/melee because you need a staff for spells and i like my made. My pawn is a tank warrior so I hire mage and ranger as pawns.

Will mystic knight let me complete the game?

Also is there a way to make travel faster? Tired of running 10+ minutes to finish a single quest

pretty sure you start with some waystone thing you can use as much as you want just go grab the point in the fields in gran soran still gotta run a little bit but way less

Any class will let you complete the game, that's what Pawns are for.
You have an eternal ferrystone in your inventory, which lets you teleport to Cassardis or Grand Soren as many times as you like. As you play you'll eventually find portcrystals, which are portable teleport destinations, that you can set down anywhere in the world map so you can teleport there immediately.

>the first time an eliminator slaughtered your party

Playing warriors is an absolute blast when you commit to the role. One of the least fun playthroughs I had was when I made a cute lesbian sorcerer. Sorcery was fun, but the arisen just felt like fapbait (which is indeed nice at times) to me. On my warrior playthrough, I mantled Conan the Barbarian and had a fucking blast.

Next character will probably be an old Gandalf/Merlin type sorcerer.

>cruising through the whole game easy mode as Sorcerer
>still loving it because it's the first game I've played where wizards are actually all powerful gods
>get to Bitterblack
>hah, this is easy as fuck, I don't know what other people are talking about
>DUNDUNDUN
>hmm what's this music
>mfw
Every time he popped up, my entire team would be wiped out. And Magic is almost usless against him. Jesus Christ he's terrifying.
>tfw in that pure dark area
>he spawns in those sewers
God it's horrifying

I went for generic as fuck GATSU because his armour and weapons are in the game, as well as Schierke's, and griffiths. Hell, they even got Casca. And they even got their looks in the saved profiles.

sure does look cool though

>those sewers
>YFW sewers

just gotta git gud

>those fucking sewers
>hear deaths music
>panic and use Ricochet Spam
>hear grunting
>hahaha! I did it
>see something big moving in the darkness
>what the fuck is that?
>two gorecyclops and death
That sewer is pure fear

brontide always looks awesome

So what is the best way to play this game? Play whatever the fuck you want and get a bunch of great equips then switch to hard mode? That does reset your levels without removing your armor and items right? So you could level a slightly more efficient character (not full autism just a little better)

Do one playthrough on Normal to get used to the game/train your pawn.

Then crank it up to hard mode and don't forget to jump down that suspicious hole near the waterway in lower Bitterblack. There's treasure.

>Pawns name is Reinhardt
>He's a ranger

What options are available via the cheatengine table.

I already played through the game once on x360. Bought ddda on steam forr my pc and just want to play the extra shit i haven't b4. Ur dragon and bbi etc.

>Try to bait cyclops
>He baits you instead

Hard mode is the easy mode, play normal.

>You can turn off vocation lock on items (Striders can use weapons for Fighter equipment and vice versa)
>Infinite Money and RC
>You can instantly unlock all weapon skills, abilities, and Augments

I think there's more but I can't remember off the top of my head

See, this is the kind of game ruining shit I think of whenever Cred Forums sucks this game's dick.

>play whatever the fuck class you want, switch whenever
>go through the story then start the dlc
>start hard mode/start a new character

The only real advice you'd want is don't upgrade a mage/sorc pawns core skills. Magick agent and focused bolt just make them wait around all damn day not doing anything

he ended up being a fighter

Looks like I'll be dling the cheattable then. No way in fuck am I fucking re grinding my character out to lvl 100+ manually.

Make sure you download the mod that adjusts stats for leveling up.

That way you don't have to do any of that min/maxing bull shit with different vocations

>Get to endgame
>Kill the ur-dragon
>Beat Daimon first time
>Try going through BB again, it's a bit difficult and I'd like to level more to go through it easier
>I know I'll finish the game and do new game +!
>Stop playing the game
And that's the story of how I stopped playing DD:DA. Which is a shame, it's just that the beginning is so weak and I haven't tried going through it yet.

Which is that? Steam workshop?

>there are like two golems in places where the main missions are in the entire game
>you don't even need to kill them
>they're so god damned slow you can literally walk past them
>they don't even spawn unless you walk right upto the strange looking rock
>they give you next to nothing

>Play Strider
>Have a lot of fun popping motherfuckers with superior mouse aim
>Change to Mystic Knight
>Guess there's no point since I don't have to aim, let's play with the controller
>So comfy
>Now the dilemma between playing comfy melee classes or accurate but less comfy ranged.

except most of metal golem's weak points are in the air with no way to reach it as a melee character

Nexus

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/50/?

Get Hybrid version if you want your pawn to eligible for online play.

>that picture
>mfw I actually did that every single time I hired someone no matter what

Cheat Table has some neat options and there's a D3D hooker that allows you to edit values with an in-game UI that's really convenient so you don't have to keep alt-tabbing.

Any alternate dl? Fuck nexus. Not going to sign up to access it.

Nice. I'm cool with the alttaban. It don't bother me none

ummm there's this. Sorry I didn't dig around that much.

reddit.com/r/DragonsDogmods/comments/41dhbm/request_stat_growth_mod/cz1pteo

It's not like you have to pay for the account. Pretty sure the main reason for accounts is to have access control on nude mods.

'---' is the best pawn inclination, others are fucking shit.

>I haven't tried MA. My understanding is that you basically need 10 levels of Mage, and 190 of Sorc, plus the BB Magick Bow, to make it worth a fuck. Too big of an investment, and too boring for too long.

I keep hearing people talk about needing to level like this to enjoy a class at 200. Why the flying fuck?

Every class have different stat gains when leveling up.

>every class should be able to handle every situation with equal ease
Nah you can fuck right off

Those people are autistic min-maxers. There's no need to go to that extent to just play the game.

Everyone doesn't understand that you can absolutely clear BBI with a guy who has switched classes to try everything out through the first playthrough, your stats will be absolutely fine

The only time you'll have problems is if you tried to play pure warrior all game then decided you want to be a magic archer or magic knight. Switch those vocations through the game fag

Finally, the 100 sorcerer spec is purely min maxing for Ur Dragon. Again you don't need it to participate in the fight just to grind high level shit more quickly and have a higher chance at the Ur Dragon drops. Ur Dragon is endgame so you don't need anything it drops

Except every class except Mage and Sorcerer can handle it with ease.

In fact they can handle every obstacle in the game thrown at them with ease.

Just saying.
You are right though. Just the game isn't balanced like that at all.

I get that, but whats the point if I get to max level, THEN play the fucking class I want.

Is there even a point of min-maxing to that degree?

There's a mod that fixes that

The game is not even remotely hard enough to warrant it AND weapons are more than good enough to pick up the slack if you leveled wrong.

Most people say Magick Archer is bad because they leveled physical and MA doesn't get very strong weapons by comparison to other classes but it's more than enough to take on everything.

A few levels in Sorcerer or some shit will help but it's not necessary.

DD isn't that hard.
MA is boring but has enough utility to shit on everything regardless

This. The amount by which weapons and armor modifies your stats is way higher than your base stats.

Ur Dragon isn't end game. BBI 2.0 is end game. Ur Dragon loot is equivalent to like BBI level 2 gear at best.

Also that shit isn't even necessary either thanks to those Conqueror/Demon Periapts.

Or blast arrows.
Or both.

If you're desperate for damage the game has tons of things to help and no class is so desperate for damage even if you level up wrong.
This isn't even counting augments and the like.

Use gicel or exquey

You can't use blast arrows as Magick Archer. Also MA has their own spell version of Periapts.

Anyway yeah, if you minmax for stats, the difference between you and someone that didn't minmax will probably be like 500 or so attack at most when you factor in all the stat multipliers + weapon. I minmaxed to a degree, but mainly just because I switched back and forth between Ranger and Sorcerer and both of those have pretty good stat gains for MA. I ended up with like 3800 magick attack with my bow?

You have to admit it is pretty fun to minmax str or magick equip gold rarefied weapon stack 4 peripats and break the game
Shouldn't be done until after your first playthrough though

Blast arrows was only referencing that every class has something.

I thought MA could use Demon Periapts with no issue?

Either way my point was just DD doesn't really require absolute minmaxing and there's so many things to offset a "poorly built" character.

Some stuff is mandatory though, like the faster cast time ring for magic users.

Ur. Dragon is endgame you stupid fuck. Endgame begins at post your first playthrough. BBI 1.0 is easier than Ur Dragon online version

It's not that MA can't use them, it's just more like, there's no reason to bother carrying them around? I mean as a MA you have your own spell version of periapt that's identical to it. Well, not perfectly identical since the effect is physical and magic attack stat buff. You can cast it four times in a row and then just refresh it every 2 minutes and you're set.

Yeah it can be fun to obliterate everything effortlessly.

I am just saying it's not really mandatory is all.

I've always heard that called Post Dragon or Post Game. I think of endgame as the highest tier of content / rewards and that is absolutely not Ur Dragon. Ur Dragon is fucking useless to do when you can just do BBI instead. Do it once just to do it once but then don't bother doing it again.

>When you first realize Eliminators can be hit by knockback

It's fun to throw them up into the air then make them die from fall damage.

>mfw knocked down an eliminator

>Playing Fighter and doing that completely invincible move whenever an Eliminator comes close
That last attack skill is so fucking cool

>Just use pawns

I'm yet to see pawns targetting the floating talismans for metal golems, they just proceed to climb him and do fuck all