Crysis 2 is legitimately one of the best FPS games ever made...

Crysis 2 is legitimately one of the best FPS games ever made. It doesn't matter that it wasn't the sequel some fans wanted. It looks, sounds, and plays fantastically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hvSU6ufMCFU
youtu.be/FUbLCy_BT80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its got great atmosphere, but boring game design and it's a COD clone

>its got great atmosphere, but boring game design and it's a COD clone
It's nothing like Call of Duty. Or at least Call of Duty back in 2011. What does "Call of Duty clone" MEAN anyway? Good production values? First person cutscenes? Competent level design?

>boring game design
Crysis 1 had boring game design. You literally had to make your own fun by dicking around. Crysis 2 is a much more focused game that is fun to play because it has well design levels and combat encounters.

It's ok. I didn't like autolean at first but it's better than not having any lean at all like Crysis 3. No prone either. I liked how it gave you the option to to toggle or hold ADS, crouch and sprint though. It was fun and looked great it just felt way more casual than the first game. It's not as one-dimensional as people think though, you still have lot's of ways to accomplish objectives.

youtu.be/hvSU6ufMCFU
Yeah, great.

Its fucking boring mate.

I think it was just crysis-y to distinguish it from being a cod clone.

But I must agree op, I have very very fond memories of playing this.

its got th eexact same controls and movemnet as COD.

aim down sights
sprinting
similar loadouts
similar unlock / leveling system
similar guns (except the few sci-fi ones)

its pretty much COD with the cryosuit

>aim down sights
Crysis 1 has this, too.
>sprinting
Crysis, too.

No seriously. Crysis 1 was the first Crytek game with ADS. If we're going to be picky, it was clearly a "Call of Duty" clone compared to Far Cry. So why does Crysis 2 get singled out for supposedly being a "Call of Duty clone" when Crysis 1 was 90% the same shit?

Seems kinda cherry picking. You can stroll past the Ceph in Crysis 1, too.

I thought Crysis 2 was great for a corridor FPS but it was still a big fat shit on the Crysis brand.

>I thought Crysis 2 was great for a corridor FPS but it was still a big fat shit on the Crysis brand.
Not unless you're one of those weirdos who thinks game sequels should be "more of the same shit that was in the last game, but slightly tweaked".

Is it cherry picking? That's the entire last level of 2, here's the first level of 1 with the same tactic

youtu.be/FUbLCy_BT80

Just another series lost to the broader audience epidemic.

>OP found a new bait in the previous Crysis thread

Pathetically transparent.

Crysis 2 was more of the same. Thing is it wasn't more of the same Crysis, it was more of the same lame mainstream console-ised corridor shootan we'd already seen in hundreds of games.

>No lean
>after 1 had lean
Consoles do it again :^)

i never said crysis 2 was the only COD clone. they all are, but crysis 2 simplified the suit powers and made it even more basic. i still liek crysis 2 the best since the NYC atmosphere is the best in gaming

One of those involves human enemies. The other involves Ceph. You can walk/run past the Ceph in all the Crysis games.

Yes, it is major, major cherry picking. Dishonest, even.

>Can only carry 2 weapons
>Can't prone
>No speed mode

The good
>muh graphics

The bad
>everything else

>>Can only carry 2 weapons
Crysis 1 only let you carry two weapons+pistol.
>>Can't prone
Fair criticism.
>>No speed mode
Wise decision.

People accuse the sequel of an ADS 3-weapon limit game with regenerating health of being a Call of Duty clone.

>Crysis 1 only let you carry two weapons+pistol
Which is better, they also have non-lethal option for guns
>Wise decision
No in Crysis 1 you walk faster in speed mode while in Crysis 2 you either walk or run and it drains your energy

>Crysis
Melee, pistol, two weapons, and as many types of explosives as you want.
>Crysis 2
Two weapons, as many types of explosives as you want
>Crysis 3
Bow, two weapons, one type of explosive.

So crysis 3 has the weakest weapon variety, although it's compensated by the arrow types somewhat. It's still annoying having to choose between C4 and the JAV.

>No in Crysis 1 you walk faster in speed mode while in Crysis 2 you either walk or run and it drains your energy
And? It was an extra layer of mechanical bloat in a game where the player didn't have to run across vast distances of empty jungle to get places.

Ok Nvidia shill

Oh noes, the 100% optional water tessellation feature doesn't work as well on ATI/AMD hardware that is piss-weak at tessellation. Whatever shall we do? I mean, sure we could simply turn off tessellation, but then we wouldn't have anything to wail about.

Played through this a shit ton. Fun game. Never did get that medal for killing someone while blinded by a flashbang though.

Crysis Warhead is unironically my favorite game.
>blowing up tanks with landmines
>the hovercraft level
>fighting Korean nanosuits in the aircraft carrier
>the train level
>the whole airstrip landing level at the end

Warhead is very good. It's a much more polished and less "rambling" version of Crysis 1.

I liked it.

What the fuck was his problem?

Crisis 2 was fun but the tessellation thing was bullshit. There was literally tesselated polygons you couldn't see because they were on a sub pixel level and Nvidia drivers had an exception to cull those out. Whereas and wasn't aware of this and had to "optimize" their drivers after release. It was a dirty trick

He's an old man who wanted to be the hero that would save the world from aliens in the nanosuit. But instead he lays slowly dying, unable to assume the mantle of warrior, and unable to shake the fear that the fires of Hell await him when the last sparks of life fade from his ancient body.

No.
However, I would say it's the best modern cinematic fps ever made.
The setpeices and soundtrack are amazing.

>There was literally tesselated polygons you couldn't see because they were on a sub pixel level and Nvidia drivers had an exception to cull those out. Whereas and wasn't aware of this and had to "optimize" their drivers after release.
The tessellation was completely optional. Crytek had no interest in favoring either GPU vendor. They have a long history of fucking over everyone.

There was that one time they released Far Cry 1.2, which broke the game, which was an ATI-partnered game, by the way, on all GPUs not manufuctured by Nvidia, due to some optimisations they'd made.

for some reason I didn't like Crysis 3 as much and couldn't even finish that game

>for some reason I didn't like Crysis 3 as much and couldn't even finish that game
Crysis 3 is hit and miss. Better music, some better set pieces, but the flow of the game isn't as good as Crysis 2. In an attempt to pander to Crysis 1 fans, it ended up becoming a bit unfocused.

crysis 1 multiplayer was more like battlefield
crysis 2 multiplayer _is_ exactly like cod with a nanosuit
although i liked it

The AI, well, it's not exactly "bad", but they run into some problems I don't remember them running into in 1. I think they weren't really configured properly for city environments. Sometimes they did really good, sometimes they wouldn't react at their patrol buddies being sniped right next to them.

Also alien AI was really stupid, they would just run through 5-6 preset points.

Also, Armour mode was way too OP.

I liked the guns, though.

Fun game, but once you get the boosts that make Stealth and Speed cost less energy, you can basically cloak past anything you want.

>well design levels and combat encounters.

It was basically just corridors and abuse of invisibility even more overpowered than in its predecessor.

>It was basically just corridors
With a shitload of verticality and a lot of alternate paths. Crysis 1 was basically just corridors a lot of the time, too.

I didn't like how they had less levels but just made the levels twice as long. I think I got fatigued a bit, Crysis had better level lengths. I had the same problem with Far Cry, some of the later levels last so long you start to wonder where the end is.